Solution Discussion: "Ring of Fire" Exploit

• Horise
    Horise
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 152
    A radical problems needs radical solutions, most the self bubbles are between 1 star & 2 stars sometimes, the time is 17 hours for the first 36 hours for the second, the time of 1&2 stars should be shortened to 5 or 6 hours damage protection (bubble), with auto-repair for the base platoon, and we should get a separate platoon repairing for base platoon, means, base platoon will be like a pvp platoon, should be repaired even if you have another platoon on repairs, like this, no one will dare to self bubble, or 69, because it will become pointless since the base will pop in a short time, you'll be open most of the time yes, your enemies will be open also when you're on. except for the 24/7 player, there's no solution for those. 
  • giveup123
    giveup123
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 735
    edited 2 May 2018, 7:55AM
    if we cant beat them fk it join them,
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3,495
    Horise said:
    A radical problems needs radical solutions, most the self bubbles are between 1 star & 2 stars sometimes, the time is 17 hours for the first 36 hours for the second, the time of 1&2 stars should be shortened to 5 or 6 hours damage protection (bubble), with auto-repair for the base platoon, and we should get a separate platoon repairing for base platoon, means, base platoon will be like a pvp platoon, should be repaired even if you have another platoon on repairs, like this, no one will dare to self bubble, or 69, because it will become pointless since the base will pop in a short time, you'll be open most of the time yes, your enemies will be open also when you're on. except for the 24/7 player, there's no solution for those. 
    im not sure you fully get what 69 is. It is when people have a platoon form 2 different accounts in the hexes around a base arranged so that when they attack each other, all hexes are full of a platoon under attack. This causes there to be no opening for anyone to attack the base, and when people use autoclickers, it is almost impossible to break the ring. So it has nothing to do with bubble length, or base platoon repairs, and there would actually be even more reason to 69, because there will be many more targets with other people having shorter bubble timers.
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)
  • Phil Hindhaugh
    Phil Hindhaugh
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 52
    snydersh said:
    Horise said:
    im not sure you fully get what 69 is. It is when people have a platoon form 2 different accounts in the hexes around a base arranged so that when they attack each other, all hexes are full of a platoon under attack. This causes there to be no opening for anyone to attack the base, and when people use autoclickers, it is almost impossible to break the ring. So it has nothing to do with bubble length, or base platoon repairs, and there would actually be even more reason to 69, because there will be many more targets with other people having shorter bubble timers.
    Have you not been reading this thread, A 69 is when a player uses an alt or friend to bubble his base while he attacks another base, what you have described is a ring of fire, I should not be surprised you don't know the difference hell the original poster goldennoodle don't even know. The ring of fire can be broken provided the defenders aint using auto click, there is nothing any one can do when players are being bubbled or held by their alt or friend. The frustration  being they attack your base but you can not hit them back because by the time the attack is over he is already 1 starred by his alt. The trouble with kixeyes forums is that most of the seasoned and long time players gave up on them ages ago, the guys in charge do not play the game, so rely on the ones that do post on here who are a lot of the time clueless, to get their ideas on how to **** up the game even more. I finished in the top 100 on infamy this season, I wont be playing the next one. While these two exploits are allowed to continue. Or maybe for a few hundred gold I could create an alt buy him a couple of furies( yes furies will give a base a 1 star if you set your cc and rails out to one side) then I can sit in a sector and tell them how good I am bubbling low levels with no fear of a return hit. Till Kixeye swing that ban hammer nothing will change, I know of 2 guys high levels nearly maxed bases and coiners, that have quit playing this month because they can not see the point of playing this game where exploits are rewarded, and honest players are told to suck it up.
  • leviathan76
    leviathan76
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 129
    edited 2 May 2018, 11:33AM
    i cant see what the problem is if kixeye can tell when you take a pvp plat to a  rogue base and it tell you you cant attck it cos you dont have the right toons then it can tell when a  4 or 5 tooons are interlocked in a holding match surrounding a base- once the timer has ran out surely kixeye can tell if the same toons try to attckeach other and relock and put in a failsafe  in to make sure if the same toons try to interlock again a message pop up saying you cant do that lol- simple as that -make it so once the lock is over after the timer runs out that the toons involved in the lockup have to move at least one hex away and come back to restart the lock- this is plenty of time for attckers to engage in breaking the lock:) there is no need to send toons back to base or put in morale and more stuff for us to get confused in  just make it that people can only engage in a holding match for the duration of the hold timer and once over the same engaged cannot do again until moved at least one hex :)

the problem with 69 is 99% of it is done with the same main players alt- and 99% of those are level 2 and below level 30- kixeye could end this shambles simply by making sure alts are played on and not just made for the level 2 purpose of 69 ing.this can be done  simply by moving all low players below level 25 to 30 to what kix can call the nursery lol--move all accounts below level 30  to their own sector and make it that they can only jump out of the sector when they reach level 30- this will im sure end 90% of all alts being made for 69:) it will also end the shambles of half our sectors being filled by dead unused bases keep them to their own sector and made to proove they play:)
    it will also be a fantastic training gorund for fair play among those all of about the same level to engage in fun without high level intrusion etc etc etc 

dwtunnell
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    snydersh said:
    Horise said:
    Have you not been reading this thread, A 69 is when a player uses an alt or friend to bubble his base while he attacks another base, what you have described is a ring of fire, I should not be surprised you don't know the difference hell the original poster goldennoodle don't even know. The ring of fire can be broken provided the defenders aint using auto click, there is nothing any one can do when players are being bubbled or held by their alt or friend. The frustration  being they attack your base but you can not hit them back because by the time the attack is over he is already 1 starred by his alt. The trouble with kixeyes forums is that most of the seasoned and long time players gave up on them ages ago, the guys in charge do not play the game, so rely on the ones that do post on here who are a lot of the time clueless, to get their ideas on how to **** up the game even more. I finished in the top 100 on infamy this season, I wont be playing the next one. While these two exploits are allowed to continue. Or maybe for a few hundred gold I could create an alt buy him a couple of furies( yes furies will give a base a 1 star if you set your cc and rails out to one side) then I can sit in a sector and tell them how good I am bubbling low levels with no fear of a return hit. Till Kixeye swing that ban hammer nothing will change, I know of 2 guys high levels nearly maxed bases and coiners, that have quit playing this month because they can not see the point of playing this game where exploits are rewarded, and honest players are told to suck it up.
    lol...ring of fire and 69 are the same thing......think about the name....it is named after a sex pose (not going into more detail here) but the point is look it up and you will understand why the name was chosen. 
  • I_C_U 101
    I_C_U 101
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 275
    snydersh said:
    I_C_U 101 said:
    there answer to the problem is , tag wont be able to hit same tag lol , good one kixeye , did you ask a kindergärtner the solution ? the same child went home and laughed for hours saying, all the have to do is apply different tag, or two clans team up and 69 each other to death . Your solutions are that of a mindless , thoughtless , useless outcome 

you seem to be misinformed. I have not seen any kixeye employee say anything about tag not being able to hit the same tag as the solution. The solution that they actually said was that after a platoon loses 2 fights it is sent back to the owners base. This breaks the 69 after every 2 fights as the platoons leave and go back to the home base and gives attackers a chance to interfere and break it.
    still useless, send toon home after holding on the ring of fire, lol , that is not a fix ,69ing is not a ring of fire , so that being said , whats the point , they dont care 

winoza
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,489
    edited 2 May 2018, 12:24PM
    snydersh said:
    lol...ring of fire and 69 are the same thing......think about the name....it is named after a sex pose (not going into more detail here) but the point is look it up and you will understand why the name was chosen. 
    No it is not.
    69 involves 2 participants, one of which is reciprocating the act performed on him by the other. In other words, 2 players hold each other bases.
    As you say, look it up and you will see why people call it that.

Ring of fire completely different... Does not require 2 active  players and participation in the act is not limited to only 2 players... so no sense calling it a "soixante neuf"....

Hope you understand a little better now. :)

But that is by the by... Not relevant. What is relevant, is there are 2 seperate issues in the game which is causing divided opinions between players. Kixeye are attempting to solve one of them, but as usual, they are going about it the wrong way.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    chinapig said:
    snydersh said:
    No it is not.
    69 involves 2 participants, one of which is reciprocating the act performed on him by the other. In other words, 2 players hold each other bases.
    As you say, look it up and you will see why people call it that.

Ring of fire completely different... Does not require 2 active  players and participation in the act is not limited to only 2 players... so no sense calling it a "soixante neuf"....

Hope you understand a little better now. :)

But that is by the by... Not relevant. What is relevant, is there are 2 seperate issues in the game which is causing divided opinions between players. Kixeye are attempting to solve one of them, but as usual, they are going about it the wrong way.
    in this case there are 2 participants that each hold one another's platoons to lock out all 6 hexes around a base. Besides, irregardless of all else....the game team decided that this is 69, so who are you to argue with the game team?

I disagree, i think the solution proposed is great and will not impact regular players at all. Since, how often do you have a platoon that loses multiple times against pvp targets? 
  • king yazz
    king yazz
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 48
    GET RID OF 1 AND 2 STARS only way a player goes into bubble is if he is 3 starred see how many 69 then nobody will

• Erica_d5
    Erica_d5
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 687
    king yazz said:
    GET RID OF 1 AND 2 STARS only way a player goes into bubble is if he is 3 starred see how many 69 then nobody will

comming from the king of 69 lol

• greekgod
    greekgod
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 64
    Return a platoon to base would kill this game.... some players take 5-10 mins to x-cross the map.   i would say it would be a fail!

The Low Morale idea is goods but why not have a 5-10 sec after the attack to get their morale back-up... this will kill ring of fire
  • ChristianinAlience
    ChristianinAlience
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 284
    hate repeating it but..............  
    i agree with you on others NOT making alt accounts (level 2 ). but kixeyes "lifted the rule on the higher can hit level 31 and lower, (hint kixeyes) make it a rule that  no one can hit level 2 to 5 on accounts "including the level 2 to 5 (meaning level 2 to 5 can not hit toons or account bases) that way everyone will stop flooding the servers with fake level 2 accounts to cheat with the auto clickers.  it has less coding kixeyes. edited; better yet, put the rule back on that 31 or less can not be hit. i think no one will want their accounts banned for using the auto clicker if they are that high up in level. and with the rule that level 2 to 5 can not hit other toons or account bases..............
  • XXXDominationXXX
    XXXDominationXXX
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 16
    king yazz said:

Most decent players know how to set their base to take 3 stars and alot have accounts that can easily give 3 stars. What you said will accomplish nothing but give players even longer bubbles and with how kix has things set up players don't lose infamy when they take bubble from their own tag. 
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Incursion Leader
    greekgod said:
    Return a platoon to base would kill this game.... some players take 5-10 mins to x-cross the map.   i would say it would be a fail!

The Low Morale idea is goods but why not have a 5-10 sec after the attack to get their morale back-up... this will kill ring of fire

Yeah that's a much better idea. Won't affect sniping, just keep it simple, 5 sec cooldown on attacks if the attack is ended without any kills. That way it would not affect other areas of gameplay. This sending toons home is a BS idea because ( I imagine ) it would affect players prepping bases, backing out of genuine attacks or maybe even those who run out of time while killing a difficult toon... 
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Incursion Leader
    hate repeating it but..............  
    i agree with you on others NOT making alt accounts (level 2 ). but kixeyes "lifted the rule on the higher can hit level 31 and lower, (hint kixeyes) make it a rule that  no one can hit level 2 to 5 on accounts "including the level 2 to 5 (meaning level 2 to 5 can not hit toons or account bases) that way everyone will stop flooding the servers with fake level 2 accounts to cheat with the auto clickers.  it has less coding kixeyes. edited; better yet, put the rule back on that 31 or less can not be hit. i think no one will want their accounts banned for using the auto clicker if they are that high up in level. and with the rule that level 2 to 5 can not hit other toons or account bases..............
    Won't accomplish a thing.

All that will happen is there will be more level 6 on the map.

It only takes around 24 hrs to get an account to level 14.

Personally I think any account below level 25 should be auto banned if there is no significant xp gain over an appropriate time frame.
  • XXXDominationXXX
    XXXDominationXXX
    Greenhorn
    chinapig said:
    greekgod said:

Yeah that's a much better idea. Won't affect sniping, just keep it simple, 5 sec cooldown on attacks if the attack is ended without any kills. That way it would not affect other areas of gameplay. This sending toons home is a BS idea because ( I imagine ) it would affect players prepping bases, backing out of genuine attacks or maybe even those who run out of time while killing a difficult toon... 
    Cooldown wouldn't work. People would just make multiple layers of locks around their base. when inner lock is cooling down, the outer lock would still be going. Then once you broke both locks, they would just 69. 
  • XXXDominationXXX
    XXXDominationXXX
    Greenhorn
    Really the only thing I've been able to come up with for combating 69-ing and locking is rewarding players that defend. They need to come up with a statistic or modify their tools or infamy scales to track how people do in defending. If they successfully defend their base from an attacker they accumalete points. The only thing with this is they would need to find a way of limiting the amount of times each individual account/base can attack each other base, otherwise people will just attack their own base with alts over and over again.
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Incursion Leader
    chinapig said:
    greekgod said:

Cooldown wouldn't work. People would just make multiple layers of locks around their base. when inner lock is cooling down, the outer lock would still be going. Then once you broke both locks, they would just 69. 
    I guess they would try... But their toons would be open to getting killed and the attackers would move closer in, sending the toons home. People would be forced to snipe each other again which is what we want...
    Anyway, my preferred option is re-introduce dropships but without the stack limit. That would do the job nicely as nobody will be able to hide.
  • XXXDominationXXX
    XXXDominationXXX
    Greenhorn
    Sure dropships would open it to anyone being able to be attacked but it wouldn't combat 69-ing at all. There isn't a way to end 69-ing, only thing that could be done is offering rewards for those that defend and either adding it into the existing infamy system to enhance it or by having it as something separate like honor. 
  • john_mf
    john_mf
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 91
    Have a unique spot at every base, any player can use this spot to attack but using the spot means you have to get 100% in your attack or loose infamy. If you fail to get 100% then you can not attack that player for 24 hrs and you loose double infamy to them. 

Bring back dropships but have them as a single platoon use, not multiple platoons and 1 hour time of use. And make them attackable maybe.

Set pvp levels, levels 35+ can not engage higher level bases, unit unlocks would be handy( i do not know any game other than kixeye that gives low levels access to the strongest game units, it does not make sense).

• XXXDominationXXX
    XXXDominationXXX
    Greenhorn
    john_mf said:
    Have a unique spot at every base, any player can use this spot to attack but using the spot means you have to get 100% in your attack or loose infamy. If you fail to get 100% then you can not attack that player for 24 hrs and you loose double infamy to them. 

Bring back dropships but have them as a single platoon use, not multiple platoons and 1 hour time of use. And make them attackable maybe.

Set pvp levels, levels 35+ can not engage higher level bases, unit unlocks would be handy( i do not know any game other than kixeye that gives low levels access to the strongest game units, it does not make sense).

I like that you're putting some thought into it, but that wouldn't work either. Intelligent players are able to set up their base to take a 3 star bubble from any other account and with how kixeye has it set, you don't lose infamy to same tag, so you could bubble yourself 3 stars with an alt in your "unique spot" over and over and over again. 

So far with input from you guys. Dropships appear to be the only legitimate way to put a stop to locking bases with the caveat being that the op would need to be modified to prevent players from stacking 2 dropships on top of each other around the base. This would also be a less impactful update to the game as dropship ops are already something incorporated, they would just need to be modified. 

1/2 the way fixed, but still no way to combat 69-ing unless they come up with some sort of reward system. 
  • chat109
    chat109
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 113
    revenge button.. simple and best fixed.. but kixeye just not listening.. lol..
  • XXXDominationXXX
    XXXDominationXXX
    Greenhorn
    chat109 said:
    revenge button.. simple and best fixed.. but kixeye just not listening.. lol..
    The impact of this to game performance would drive us to not playing anymore. Some players would be getting spammed 24/7 by the "revenge button" lmfao. 
  • chinapig
    chinapig
    Incursion Leader
    edited 2 May 2018, 8:08PM
    So far with input from you guys. Dropships appear to be the only legitimate way to put a stop to locking bases with the caveat being that the op would need to be modified to prevent players from stacking 2 dropships on top of each other around the base. This would also be a less impactful update to the game as dropship ops are already something incorporated, they would just need to be modified. 

1/2 the way fixed, but still no way to combat 69-ing unless they come up with some sort of reward system. 
    No, the caveat would be that unlimited toons may be stacked. There needs to be NO limit !
    It was the 2 toon limit which caused dropships to fail, as it allowed players to form an impenetrable wall round their base...  and it is the "impenetrable wall " of the ring of fire which is what this discussion is about... 
    Not allowing a stack at all would defeat the purpose, as the idea is, you use the ship to attack the base surrounded by toons.

Don't see any way myself to stop 69. They could get a lot stricter in the use of alts I guess would be a good start though...

• XXXDominationXXX
    XXXDominationXXX
    Greenhorn
    chinapig said:

No, the caveat would be that unlimited toons may be stacked. There needs to be NO limit !
    It was the 2 toon limit which caused dropships to fail, as it allowed players to form an impenetrable wall round their base...  and it is the "impenetrable wall " of the ring of fire which is what this discussion is about... 
    Not allowing a stack at all would defeat the purpose, as the ship would need to be used to attack the base surrounded by toons.

Don't see any way myself to stop 69. They could get a lot stricter in the use of alts I guess would be a good start though...

Putting no limit on the dropship op would eliminate toon vs toon combat though. Alot in game think this is the most fun portion. Has to be some other modification that can be done to the op to prevent people from stacking them next to base creating an inpenetrable barrier. 
  • Ali.Abbas46
    Ali.Abbas46
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 59
    edited 2 May 2018, 8:29PM
    im seriously wondering why every1 is so upset with what you seem to call 69 and what i call locking the base up. if some1 makes a ring on fire the solution is so simple its sad to see most cry about. find the holders base and flat him. if he uses auto clicker it negates the time since a other click has to be made to acklowledge he is removing bubble. mostly these player only have toons at the other players base and nothing else. flat him jail him. the time it takes him to attack toon again is ur time to kill his toon and break ring of fire. we do that all the time here and they never last verry long in my sector. 

what really is annoying is the real 69 which is those noobs doing self bubble every **** time. you can not look left or right where a big war is going on without players doing this or see the bases setup for 69 lol. kixeye removing the fact that you loose infamy when a player of same tag hits you only let this action grow more exponationally
  • George_M8150
    George_M8150
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 38
    Kix keeps deleting my post about stopping this type of gameplay, so I'll post it here....If we all do just a few things, the players who choose to play this way will find themselves playing alone....
    1. STOP going to wars, why bother going to wars when you can't get to certain bases and high value targets? There's no point to it.
    2. STOP buying gold / using gold for repairs. Repairs from wars cost the players the most money in gold, and make the most money for Kixeye.
    3. Sit in your sector, chat with your friends / clan mates, have fun. Hit dead bases if you really want the infamy. The units we have are plenty to collect what we need to build and upgrade with little or no repairs, thus no gold spent.
    4.Don't use base defenders in your base, again less to repair, base heals for free.
    5.When someone comes into your sector to hit, and 69s or uses ring of fire, ignore them. Don't try to hit them back, don't speak to them. Don't acknoledge them AT ALL. Let them hit all the bases they want and leave. Eventually they will get tired of playing this way if nobody is willing to play with them.
    6.Quit caring about infamy, we all know it's a bogus system anyways, just take what you can from dead bases, without having to spend gold on repairs, if you really need the infamy for medals or whatnot.

I've always enjoyed wars, hitting and getting hit back, trying to defend, 1 vs 1's, etc.... Sadly some just like to hit, don't let anyone hit back, and refuse 1 vs 1's..... What kind of game is that? Boring if you ask me, might as well just enjoy the farming, building, and upgrading without giving these people the satisfaction and attention they're looking for. When they start to play / war with only each other and nobody can hit anybody because they're using ring of fire or 69ing maybe they'll realize how much they're ruining a WAR game.
  • Horise
    Horise
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 152
    snydersh said:
    Horise said:
    I'm Aware of what ring of fire is & what "69" is, goldendoodle was speaking about the ring of fire, he missed the whole concept of 69, the solution provided concerning the ring of fire is acceptable, how about the 69? how you going to stop an attacker from attacking in an attack game? all I said is that we just go around all this and see the game as a whole, yes my solution doesn't prevent 69 at the same time when its done, but think about later on, the 69ers won't have a good sleep when knowing their base is going to pop before their wake time, look at them now, almost 24/7 in bubble, they only pop for few minutes to hit then goes back inside a bubble, If you've noticed maybe the 69ers been untouchable the whole season, my solution offered to give us a chance to see them open at least for few hours, it requires a lot to work perfectly but, I can't see a solution for a legit act which is part of the game which is attacking someone in a wargame, and it is selfish, but what we can do? we can't fix ego right?
  • ChristianinAlience
    ChristianinAlience
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 284
    edited 3 May 2018, 12:08AM
    know i will get backlash for this but here go's nothing, i see a bunch of wieners that wants to exploit the ring of fire with a auto clicker, shame on you. cheats always loses ( ask kixeyes) they are the biggest cheaters on this game. clans using the ring of fire SHOULD  be able to PROTECT THEIR OWN CLAN MEMBERS (if not using the auto clicker). all i see is a bunch of rich kids getting hurt (spending coin to be the biggest on kixeyes)"ego" the age old saying i will get my big brother to whip your ****, and it go's back and forth until someone runs out of coin. and kixeyes will use this and take away the only thing that the ring of fire is a strategy. (not the auto clicker) because they can not control the "cheats of the game". so they will MESS UP and take it away, like the "drop-ships" they could not "fix". i could go on with this( about how /what/ is because i been on game for 6 years (about 2 months after they put the map in). so if you kiixeyes take this "strategy" away, you will lose another player and a part time coiner like me...and to all you haters out there. i never cheated on this game , ask kixeyes.