Shadow Ops: Cult of Brutality

2»
  • Whiskey-Tango3
    Whiskey-Tango3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 743
    edited 27 Apr 2018, 12:25AM
    chaoshq said:
    if its a ground vehicle why is the tech "rotors" - a traditional term for air vehicles ?
    nop helicopters use rotors google it
    the tech you see is for the envoy. it is the shadow ops base prizes you get 
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,209
    Who or what is stewards? Did I miss something? I am asking this question because its the first time I heard the word stewards
    Steward is a Kixeye exclusive unit that looks like a purifier but it's projectiles travel through the enemy and hit multiple targets. Like burst area damage.
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 4,789
    nametagg0 said:
    Perry299 said:

This new unit has the same fire power we dealt with many months ago.... the bullets go through everything in a line... so bye bye meat shield

given how it reads having your meat sheild adjacent to your other unit will probably counter it 
    Ex (ardre is a stand in for prophet) 

i remember the unit in the event... quite clearly , won't be a problem
    "Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,418
    edited 27 Apr 2018, 1:32AM
    Perry299 said:
    nametagg0 said:
    Perry299 said:

This new unit has the same fire power we dealt with many months ago.... the bullets go through everything in a line... so bye bye meat shield

given how it reads having your meat sheild adjacent to your other unit will probably counter it 
    Ex (ardre is a stand in for prophet) 

i remember the unit in the event... quite clearly , won't be a problem
    im sure you would but it gives me an excuse to make the drawing before the boss base.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • G.I.Josey
    G.I.Josey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 426
    that is the ugly thingy i every seen !
    Keep your head down, your ammo dry and the FIGHT alive!  
    Stargate Command  - VEGA Conflict
    USMC - War Commander 

• Charles6744
    Charles6744
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,270
      The Prophet looks like it will be a great addition to the Sentinels.  I can't wait to see the units range.  Hopefully it will be just like the Jugg and not be a suicide unit like the War Rig.  And hopefully it will great tech once the Omega Bases for it gets introduced.  Perhaps Scramble like Polly,  Heavy Armor because Sentinel units are slow moving and a faster charging time for the unit

Now on to the Envoy tech.  I was a little upset that no Gold Tech for it allows for the missiles to split upon impact.  Especially when it reminds me of the Hellstorms. 
  • LT-Hawk117
    LT-Hawk117
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 251
    the way you guys set up this forum reminds me of vega with the fancyness
    Bring back the Dreadnought!
    Image result for battle pirates dreadnought
  • daniyal.wasi
    daniyal.wasi
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 9

Hey kixeye wtf you are doing you are playing with Muslims religion and you trying to make trouble for us kindly change the name of new shadow ops unit and plzz avoid this type of things otherwise we leave this game

• MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,190
    @CM_Burny, can you give us some info about the stats of this unit, we know it will have MASSIVE damage, but what about the range?
  • kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 868
    MX36 said:
    @CM_Burny, can you give us some info about the stats of this unit, we know it will have MASSIVE damage, but what about the range?
    It will either be a unit with high range but minimal range as well or just 550 range unit. Since it has the enforcer style weapon,I think that around 550-600 is good enough.
    But I do not what will be in kixeye minds when they will release the unit but that's my opinion at least.
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 420

Dont think it will help with the flying resurrecting glowing spiders we are dealing with

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,418

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:
    Dont think it will help with the flying resurrecting glowing spiders we are dealing with

It comes out in 3 months and onyx will be gone in 2, most gen lll troops seem to be focusing on whatever is after onyx.

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Mohsin.Kham
    Mohsin.Kham
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 7

Kixeye with due to respect the word prophet is used for the messenger of allah almighty u cannot use it ....Therefore i request u to change its name to somthinng else as many muslims play this game it will make a conflict
    We shalll b very thank full to you

• tim.sitar.5
    tim.sitar.5
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 3
    There Is no such thing as reality in this game.  How come we as players can't have spider robots to fight with, ever here the saying, fight fire with fire?  Made the level 70 in the shadow ops way too hard, must be kixeye not making enough money, want everybody to spend on gold for repair.  Also this game is moving way too fast, just when you get something new, you don't even have enough time even to upgrade it.  When I first started to play War Commander years ago, it did not move as fast as it does now.  Another thing, how can a level 35 base take out a level 45 for shadow ops, they should move up the level of base level to level 40 because any base lower than level 40 would not have anything to take out a level 45 shadow ops base, the difficulty of that level is way too hard.
  • Grimsayer
    Grimsayer
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 449
    so unless it's speed and range are any better then the last shadow op's tank? air will kill it in a heart beat; or it's like the juggernuat an take forever too get close?  while little attackers like spiders whittile it down?  and is this unique just like the rest another space hug too fill our invantory's?

as too the spiders i mean there kixeye's new monster killer's even a small group of the herald by time it can get across most of the map with out even turret support. i think there burst and most new parts keep giving the best %'s in sustain?
    this is me:)
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,190
    kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777 said:

It will either be a unit with high range but minimal range as well or just 550 range unit. Since it has the enforcer style weapon,I think that around 550-600 is good enough.
    But I do not what will be in kixeye minds when they will release the unit but that's my opinion at least.
    I was thinking of a shorter targeting range to counterbalance the extended firing range, but since we haven't seen the unit in action yet and don't know if its exactly similar to the Steward, I hope CM Burny could upload a demo video or at least post its stats.
  • kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 868
    MX36 said:

I was thinking of a shorter targeting range to counterbalance the extended firing range, but since we haven't seen the unit in action yet and don't know if its exactly similar to the Steward, I hope CM Burny could upload a demo video or at least post its stats.
    I doubt that they will post any stats as they didn't release any for the darkstorm. I just hope it will be a usefull unit that's all.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,021
    MX36 said:

I do agree that it would be lovely to see a demo video with the unit in use as it would answer most of our questions about the unit.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • StonedDragon
    StonedDragon
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 117

@Mohsin.Kham said:
    Kixeye with due to respect the word prophet is used for the messenger of allah almighty u cannot use it ....Therefore i request u to change its name to somthinng else as many muslims play this game it will make a conflict
    We shalll b very thank full to you

FIRSTLY,

Prophet is a term in multiple religions, not just Islam. In fact, the term was in use long before the formation and practice of the Islamic faith. Unless a Kixeye representative directly states it to be a reference to your faith's prophet, then your point is, no offense, not very valid.

SECONDLY,

The Sentinels' faction is littered with religious references, loads of 'em. Firstly, the fact that they're a militaristic religious force is a very broad reference. Think back to the Crusades, you'll understand. On top of that, they even refer to some military operations as "crusades" (see: video for Operation: The Righteous Ones link: as well as various in-game dialogues and mission descriptions in various events, including the three Sentinel events, and missions descriptions in Operation: Into Chaos).

Additionally, the Sentinels' infantry units are very direct references to Christianity.
    1. The Acolyte is a slight nod to a lesser known church position, I believe. I researched this when the Acolyte was released.
    2. The Acolyte's armor styling is very reminiscent of the armor worn by Christian crusaders during (no points for guessing this one) the crusades. This is likely something that ties in with the Sentinels viewing their military offensives as crusades at the time.
    3. I don't even think I need to explain the obvious reference the Chaplain makes. Look it up if you truly need to.

Also, if I remember correctly, I think the word Herald has some significance in Christianity. Correct me if not.

On top of that, the faction's leader Malachi is directly referred to as "Prophet" on a few occasions. Particularly in Operation: Blind Faith. Brother Jeremiah addresses Malachi as "Prophet" in various in-game dialogues. This was, of course, before Jeremiah was outed as a traitor. Malachi has likely been referred to this way on other occasions, but this one I remember clearest. Additionally, Jeremiah's name is a reference to one of the Jewish faith's prophets. Particularly, the "Weeping Prophet".

Additionally, many Sentinel-focused events have been titled with religious references. Genesis, Covenant, Revelations, and Rapture. This trend has ended, it seems, as those events took place in the Special Forces era. Actually, they were the events that launched the era.

THIRDLY,

The unit's naming, as you may end up guessing, is likely a reference to the faction's leader Malachi. He is often referred to as "Prophet", as mentioned above.

FINALLY,

I doubt the vast majority of players really care about the name's significance. So I truly do not believe it to be fair for Kixeye to change a detail like this, when they have so many references to other faiths in this game. Primarily Christianity and Judaism. I'm not saying I want these things to change, I like the references a lot. It makes the Sentinels seem so much deeper detailed as a faction, in my opinion. What I'm saying is, the developers and artists have every right to design their units as they see fit in terms of appearance and naming. It's art, and art itself is always littered with references of some kind. The point is, the game has a history of religious references in it, all the way back to the freaking Son Of Saints, who were one of the first five factions in the game. There's even references to Norse mythology and Satanism (points if you can spot these in the game). I think it's awesome. Asking the name to be changed would just be a waste of everyone's time. I do know the game has a number of Muslim players, frankly I'm surprised they HAVEN'T made a reference to the religion before now.

I'm not trying to spread hate, nor am I trying to offend anyone. But I am saying, the outrage towards the unit's naming is a little pointless. And the point I am trying to make is that if other religious faiths have put up with the game referencing them, I do not believe any particular faith should have the privilege of being excluded from this theme.

Very well done FreedonCobra!
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,710
    edited 1 May 2018, 7:59AM
    Who or what is stewards? Did I miss something? I am asking this question because its the first time I heard the word stewards
    The Steward was the True Believer's version ( NPC ) of the Purifier.   It looks identical to the Purifier except it has Red highlights.

It was seen in Operation: True Believers, Operation: Blind Faith & Operation: The Divide. 

I need to do the Wiki page for it but like always I'm way behind. But it is on the list. 

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

2»