new unit

2»
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 653
    edited 23 Apr 2018, 8:09PM
    Thane_Mantis said:
    Well the thread does have my name on it up top, and since I credited the other people who made those posts, that would clearly imply that its mine.
    so you want "me" to lie and say the artwork is yours because you credited the one that MADE the artwork.. ( Thane_Mantis said:"and since I credited the other people who made those posts,") that was NOT yours in the first place..???. and you are admitting the artwork is NOT yours.....gesss make up your mind... 
    But that's not lying though. It clearly shows who's artwork is who's in that thrad since multiple people's names were involved in the collective post when it was made. In that thread I showcase a few other bits of work made by other forum members, and clearly and distinctively credit them by name and a with link to their profiles, so there can be no confusion about who made what image.

And then I move onto my own pieces with humerous descriptions above. The description above the last couple of pieces clearly states "My own efforts-". And since nobody else was credited when I've obviously established a precedent of crediting anyone else who's work was added to the post, that, alongside my image description, clearly means that work is mine. It could not be more plain who the original creator is.

That is neither lying nor some sort of admission that the work is someone else's since it clearly isn't. I fail to see how you're not getting this.
  • ChristianinAlience
    ChristianinAlience
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 271
    edited 23 Apr 2018, 11:01PM
    Thane_Mantis said:
    Well the thread does have my name on it up top, and since I credited the other people who made those posts, that would clearly imply that its mine.
    so you want "me" to lie and say the artwork is yours because you credited the one that MADE the artwork.. ( Thane_Mantis said:"and since I credited the other people who made those posts,") that was NOT yours in the first place..???. and you are admitting the artwork is NOT yours.....gesss make up your mind... 
    But that's not lying though. It clearly shows who's artwork is who's in that thrad since multiple people's names were involved in the collective post when it was made. In that thread I showcase a few other bits of work made by other forum members, and clearly and distinctively credit them by name and a with link to their profiles, so there can be no confusion about who made what image.

And then I move onto my own pieces with humerous descriptions above. The description above the last couple of pieces clearly states "My own efforts-". And since nobody else was credited when I've obviously established a precedent of crediting anyone else who's work was added to the post, that, alongside my image description, clearly means that work is mine. It could not be more plain who the original creator is.

That is neither lying nor some sort of admission that the work is someone else's since it clearly isn't. I fail to see how you're not getting this.
    i am getting this, 1. i never said this artwork was "mine" 2. it was never "copyrighted" and saying i stole it and implying that the artwork is "mine". is  to me, a lie. he was totally piss and jumping the gun in saying i stole it and claim it was mine... that is a plain LIE. if he thinks and said this in a forum. as of my artwork, i do watermark it, and tell others to use it as they seem fit as long as it is and glorify GOD. because most my artwork is christian base artwork.. if he wants credit then so be it, he has it, ( even if he did post "other peoples artwork) , matter of fact, i did not get this on the forum, it was in a pm that one of my clan members posted , so he needs to know the whole story, it was "floating across the web/internet/social media." so by his "fault" he did not put a watermark as his artwork . by the way no matter if he did copy 1 to 4 piece of artwork and credited the maker, it is still NOT his artwork as he i believe is claiming. PS. i did alot of cd cover artwork for a few christian bands, so i know the copyright laws. 
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 24 Apr 2018, 12:18AM
    Thane_Mantis said:

i am getting this, 1. i never said this artwork was "mine" 2. it was never "copyrighted" and saying i stole it and implying that the artwork is "mine". is  to me, a lie. he was totally piss and jumping the gun in saying i stole it and claim it was mine... that is a plain LIE. if he thinks and said this in a forum. as of my artwork, i do watermark it, and tell others to use it as they seem fit as long as it is and glorify GOD. because most my artwork is christian base artwork.. if he wants credit then so be it, he has it, ( even if he did post "other peoples artwork) , matter of fact, i did not get this on the forum, it was in a pm that one of my clan members posted , so he needs to know the whole story, it was "floating across the web/internet/social media." so by his "fault" he did not put a watermark as his artwork . by the way no matter if he did copy 1 to 4 piece of artwork and credited the maker, it is still NOT his artwork as he i believe is claiming. PS. i did alot of cd cover artwork for a few christian bands, so i know the copyright laws. 
    OK, this comment as a whole confuses the hell out me. Im getting something about you apparently not recieving it from the forums and instead through PM's from a clan member, but the rest of it makes just about zero sense. Are you trying to say you don't believe me in those last few lines about my claim that is image in mine? Or that a supposed friend of yours tried claiming credit it for it but didn't bother to watermark it or anything like that? This comment is such a damn_ mess I can barely make head nor tail of it.
  • ChristianinAlience
    ChristianinAlience
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 271
    never mind. , it was to make people laugh, not to debate the law on artwork and do the blaim game..have a nice life..
  • kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 868
    Can't you just stop this fking war?

It was a fan art. It did made people laugh. Isn't that enough?
    You started a war for nothing. Way to go mates.
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    never mind. , it was to make people laugh, not to debate the law on artwork and do the blaim game..have a nice life..
    I was hardly after a debate on law either man. I just wanted proper credit given where its due.

Hardly for nothing. Its simply to ensure proper credit is given. I don't think reposting other peoples work is right without proper credit.
    I've been critical of such practices for a long while, and its not the first time I've callen someone out.
  • kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 868
    For the love of god is just a single picture of a unit.
    Did you post it so others can laugh?
    Or because you just wanted the attention?

If it was for the laughs, why does it matter that much. It's just a single picture.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,408

@Thane_Mantis said:
    ChristianinAlience said:

I was hardly after a debate on law either man. I just wanted proper credit given where its due.
    kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777 said:

Hardly for nothing. Its simply to ensure proper credit is given. I don't think reposting other peoples work is right without proper credit.
    I've been critical of such practices for a long while, and its not the first time I've callen someone out.

Easier solution, post a link and move on, gets your point across without spamming a thread.

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    For the love of god is just a single picture of a unit.
    Did you post it so others can laugh?
    Yes.
    Or because you just wanted the attention?
    No.

If it was for the laughs, why does it matter that much. It's just a single picture.
    Its simply because believe credit should be given where its due. Im fine with sharing things in general, but I think credit should at least be given if people are going to repost things. Its not hard, and its fair to the original posters.
2»