So about that Xeno Surge Beam range...

13»
  • Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 408

@Daniel Rose said:

@Coelus said:
    i just find it really funny its been 3mo or more and @CM_Lee still hasnt even bothered to pretend to acknowledge the inquiry. bare minimum guys...

It'd be funny if it weren't so sad and disappointing.

This is but one item on the to-do list, no idea when they will get to this. ;)

Cyrus,

you are at least saying "its on the "to-do list"? That's more response than we have gotten so far. YOu sure about that or guessing?
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 657
    Sequestor said:
    Cutters don't take damage if nobody plays with them. *insert a meme with an african here*
    In pve you can't defeat anything with cutters without taking heavy damage and a lot of repair time. Same goes to pvp. They have some purposes, but they are totally not worth a whole month dedicated to a useless ship with useless weapons.
    Firstly, that sounds a little racist. Secondly, you are right, you can't do anything with cutters without taking damage. Hence why Kixeye love them. And finally, that's your opinion. My opinion is that cruisers take no skill to use and frankly are way too strong for anyone to use and then call themselves good. That's my opinion. We can have different ones, it's okay :)
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Saladman said:

@Daniel Rose said:

@Coelus said:
    i just find it really funny its been 3mo or more and @CM_Lee still hasnt even bothered to pretend to acknowledge the inquiry. bare minimum guys...

It'd be funny if it weren't so sad and disappointing.

This is but one item on the to-do list, no idea when they will get to this. ;)

Cyrus,

you are at least saying "its on the "to-do list"? That's more response than we have gotten so far. YOu sure about that or guessing?
    My guess is that he knows that the development team were made aware of this (either he told them or he knows someone else did) and (possibly) acknowledged that this was an issue. That's about the best we can hope for anyone other than a dev or our CM.
  • Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 268
    Sequestor said:
    Cutters don't take damage if nobody plays with them. *insert a meme with an african here*
    In pve you can't defeat anything with cutters without taking heavy damage and a lot of repair time. Same goes to pvp. They have some purposes, but they are totally not worth a whole month dedicated to a useless ship with useless weapons.
    Cutters takes heavy damage cause there is not a single target in this game that is defenseless in close range combat, or without other elements that support them with border screen range. Cutters need to have their "naked" rep times drastically reduced (atleast by 70%). In that way lightarmored cutters can be used more often for fvf, while heavyarmored cutters wont cost more in terms of coins per fights than a heavy armored cruiser fleet, as it is now (i own a fleet of decimators and vindicators and actually they both hurts painfully my wallet more than my fleet of guardians.)
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,198
    Cavalier cutter, only good for one thing, regiments, thats it. I have yet seen any being used in pvp, no point as hardly anyone uses statis weapons especially in 80 plus fleet battles. 
  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 895
    Cavalier cutter, only good for one thing, regiments, thats it. I have yet seen any being used in pvp, no point as hardly anyone uses statis weapons especially in 80 plus fleet battles. 
    Would be interesting to see a <lv55 cavalier in combat against a kiting fleet :smile:
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,068
    Regiments can be killed with insta repair without engaging cutters into combat. I don't see any use for cutters in pve. As well as missiles.
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    edited 12 Jul 2018, 4:29PM
    Sequestor said:
    Regiments can be killed with insta repair without engaging cutters into combat. I don't see any use for cutters in pve. As well as missiles.
    Regardless the cavalier was released to tackle regiments. Everything kix releases, apart from marauders, is geared towards pve. Its what players refit ships with to use in pvp and unfortunately the cavalier doesnt have a place in pvp.
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2018 Posts: 1,132
    edited 12 Jul 2018, 6:27PM
    Possible addition to the cutters overdrive to make it desirable
    - I.E a +disruption mechanic that while firing on a ship said ship looses speed and DPS
    Gary Pollock said:Regardless the cavalier was released to tackle regiments. Everything kix releases, apart from marauders, is geared towards pve. Its what players refit ships with to use in pvp and unfortunately the cavalier doesnt have a place in pvp.
    I dont think aside from taking lots of damage, kixeye doesn't know why it made that cutter, the over drive sucks and no one uses them, not for regiments not for anything. mk5 w 5xeno surge doesn't do jack **** dmg to a battleship in the retirements.

IF they re worked its over drive and re worked xeno surge how it works  maybe?
    - it needs a  instant fire when enemy ship is in range, and to reach max "over charge" dmg quicker and deal same  DPS over a shorter time period.

Kixeye doesn't know why it does anything except for the intent to make money, sadly the over drive mechanics suck, save the bastion. Which is to bad because it's a really great idea, but  like  90%  of the rest of what they do they fail on implementation or asking for player input.

Sealcorps is my biggest fan, ty Sealcorps  for always reading what i write. :)
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Possible addition to the cutters overdrive to make it desirable
    - I.E a +disruption mechanic that while firing on a ship said ship looses speed and DPS
    Gary Pollock said:Regardless the cavalier was released to tackle regiments. Everything kix releases, apart from marauders, is geared towards pve. Its what players refit ships with to use in pvp and unfortunately the cavalier doesnt have a place in pvp.
    I dont think aside from taking lots of damage, kixeye doesn't know why it made that cutter, the over drive sucks and no one uses them, not for regiments not for anything. mk5 w 5xeno surge doesn't do jack **** dmg to a battleship in the retirements.

IF they re worked its over drive and re worked xeno surge how it works  maybe?
    - it needs a  instant fire when enemy ship is in range, and to reach max "over charge" dmg quicker and deal same  DPS over a shorter time period.
     - I>E a disruption mechanic that while firing on a ship said ship looses speed and DPS

Kixeye doesn't know why it does anything except for the intent to make money, sadly the over drive mechanics suck, save the bastion. Which is to bad because it's a really great idea, but  like  90%  of the rest of what they do they fail on implementation or asking for player input.

I beg to differ, I have 3 cavs (2 at mk4 and 1 at elite) mixed surge and xeno surge and they drain regiment paragons very quick. Of course shield and armor is all shockwave so i take very little damage from them.

But against anything else there is just no use for them unless you want to push your carrier if using one or as a fast decoy.

• LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    I put shock shells as well but only have room for  one shield/armor w 5 xeno surge. I use cutters in PVP to push but i dont need to build this to do it. I just dont hit regiment fleets any more or just use bastions and paladin/sovereign. For  its base DPS plus surge plus 50% bonus to battleships  i was just to disappointed to make more.

I theorized  that perhaps 2-3 in a fleet could be better, but had no time to dedicate to building and farming MK upgrades to test it, when the cruiser is always best,  I Made more bastions over cutter/battleship, i was happy with my choice.

It has potential, but the over drive needs to be reworked.
  • Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior

My cutters dodge redeemers... If your cant. Learn to pilot instead of just clicking on your target.

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Saladman said:

My cutters dodge redeemers... If your cant. Learn to pilot instead of just clicking on your target.

Could you provide a video showing how you do this? I'm quite curious.
  • Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior

Th> @Daniel Rose said:

Saladman said:

Could you provide a video showing how you do this? I'm quite curious.

I am old.... Have some trouble with all the steps to post a video here. But basically.. Its click on empty space past your target, this keeps them from bunching up. Once they start getting fired at...adjust the angle till the Redeemers miss. If there are more than 1 tyrant... You may need to spread the cutters out a little farther. I have done this with Pythons.... Decimators and Vindicators.

• Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior

To be clear... The redeemers should sail between two of your ships (get the angle) then the cutters move too fast for the redeemers to catch. You're getting close when two of the three redeemed miss.

• shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 589
    Saladman said:

To be clear... The redeemers should sail between two of your ships (get the angle) then the cutters move too fast for the redeemers to catch. You're getting close when two of the three redeemed miss.

while "dodging" is probably not the ideal term.

you are right , there is a way to avoid getting shot at by the redeemers , at a certain angle / distances , the redeemer missile will just go pass you and won't trigger the second missile when they explode .
  • LilBasterd
    LilBasterd
    Incursion Leader
    what do you guys think of changing cutter overdrive to the above mechanic
    I.E  "System disruption overdrive" "system overheat" some cool name what ev'
    - while taking damage  target is slowed and DPS is lowered by X%
    and the xeno surge beam having its charge time removed, and lowering the cooldown cycle

I'd sure as hell use it.
  • Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    what do you guys think of changing cutter overdrive to the above mechanic
    I.E  "System disruption overdrive" "system overheat" some cool name what ev'
    - while taking damage  target is slowed and DPS is lowered by X%
    and the xeno surge beam having its charge time removed, and lowering the cooldown cycle

I'd sure as hell use it.
    Never gonna happen, they aren't changing anything, too busy working on the next season as per usual
13»