Support request

rpdnzrp
rpdnzrp
Potential Threat
Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 94
edited 10 Apr 2018, 2:50AM
Good Evening,
I am making this polite, and public, support request in the community support forum, a request/post that breaks no posting rules.

As per below screenshots, you confirm that you offer no support to accounts created on the Kongregate platform in any capacity.
The CS agent does state that it is an issue that has been mentioned to your teams, however this issue has been ongoing for several years and therefore further clarification on direction and timeline is needed.

Obviously the below screenshots are but two examples of many, many tickets by Kongregate players, and chosen due to the specific references of refusal of support to Kongregate players. 

All we ask is to receive the same features (e.g. Officers), and support as other platforms.
Proper account linking as available between Facebook & Kixeye would also make sense, the current method of account linking is only partial and does not allow you to play on Kixeye.

Just to fully outline the situation;
I, along with several other loyal Kongregators, have now engaged Kongregate regarding the stance taken by Kixeye regarding the Kongregate community. They are now investigating Kixeye's lack of care and discrimination towards it's community.
I'm sure they will be interested in the outcome of this thread, and lets be honest, how quickly it will be deleted/locked.
If deleted/locked, we will not bother re-posting or taking to social media, the outcome will be shared with Kongregate and you will simply lose a handful of coiners and positive community members, as the neglect has gone on far too long for us, we would rather see the game taken down.

Thank-you for your time, I look forward to your actions/reply so that we may move on with our lives, one way or the other.

References;-

Templar: Posting CS replies to the forums is not allowed.
  • Grapeshot
    Grapeshot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 30
    not sure if i'm understanding you fully . but  my Facebook id/ battle pirates game is pretty well exactly the same as the Kixeye.  My player profile is fully embedded on BOTH Facebook and Kixeye. i can choose which platform to play on with little of no difference.  I cannot access Facebook friends bases, or Facebook chat whilst on the Kixeye server ~( no surprise there ).  One Bugbear IS officers and BP drops.   this seems to have completely stopped on the Kixeye server game.  
  • rpdnzrp
    rpdnzrp
    Potential Threat
    edited 9 Apr 2018, 7:32PM
    Grapeshot said:
    not sure if i'm understanding you fully . but  my Facebook id/ battle pirates game is pretty well exactly the same as the Kixeye.  My player profile is fully embedded on BOTH Facebook and Kixeye. i can choose which platform to play on with little of no difference.  I cannot access Facebook friends bases, or Facebook chat whilst on the Kixeye server ~( no surprise there ).  One Bugbear IS officers and BP drops.   this seems to have completely stopped on the Kixeye server game.  
    Yes, the Facebook & Kixeye account linking works. Kongregate and Kixeye does not.

We have never had access to officers, this isn't a bug for us, simply a feature that was never included on the Kongregate version, which is apparently the same version as all other platforms.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 11,656
    rpdnzrp said:
    Grapeshot said:
    Yes, the Facebook & Kixeye account linking works. Kongregate and Kixeye does not.

We have never had access to officers, this isn't a bug for us, simply a feature that was never included on the Kongregate version, which is apparently the same version as all other platforms.
    Officers were a Facebook promotion. As are the Kongregate and Armor Games Marauders.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    As for the rest of the thread, I am not entirely sure how support works for the various platforms as I have only ever played on Facebook and Kixeye.

I have passed the thread up to get a more official response on the matter.
  • rpdnzrp
    rpdnzrp
    Potential Threat
    Good Evening Templar614, many thanks for your prompt response. A couple of quick notes whilst we await the official response.

Templar: Posting CS replies to the forums is not allowed.

Apologies for this oversight

Templar614 said:
    As for the rest of the thread, I am not entirely sure how support works for the various platforms as I have only ever played on Facebook and Kixeye.

I have passed the thread up to get a more official response on the matter.

We appreciate your openness and swift action.

Officers were a Facebook promotion. As are the Kongregate and Armor Games Marauders.

Whilst I know that you mean the best with your explanation, this unfortunately will only frustrate Kongregate players further, as a recolour of the Marauder (a ship that hasn't been used in several years), doesn't compare to multiple 10% time (=money) bonuses.
    It puts platforms without this feature at a disadvantage and forces them to spend more than other platforms in order to be competitive. If it is not possible to implement the same feature due to APIs, the bonuses should be made passive for those platforms, though obviously adding it would bring more players to the game under the recruit a friend type aspect that it encourages.

The main issue remains ofcourse not getting equal access to support, though consider best case scenario and this is resolved, the focus of the communities frustration will change to inequality of platform features and the disadvantage it results in. Kongregate's 'top comments' for Battle Pirates accurately conveys the frustration of the community and actively discourages new players, as did the Kongregate battle pirates sub-forum before Kixeye opted out of the sub-forum feature due to this very reason.

It is a no-brainer to implement equality, get the platform specific issues fixed and comments replied to. The community satisfaction will go up, ratings up, new players, up, and old players, returned. Once this has been done, I highly recommend the return of the Kongregate Battle Pirates sub-forum, which was a positive and helpful tool for the community.

Many thanks for your time;
    RPDnZRP
  • rpdnzrp
    rpdnzrp
    Potential Threat
    Evening Templar614, 
    Just wondering if you have an official response to this matter yet
    Many thanks,
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    rpdnzrp said:
    Evening Templar614, 
    Just wondering if you have an official response to this matter yet
    Many thanks,
    Nope.

I passed the thread off the appropriate parties and have not heard a response. A few other things have caught on fire in the mean time, I can poke around again after the raid is over.
  • rpdnzrp
    rpdnzrp
    Potential Threat
    Nope.

I passed the thread off the appropriate parties and have not heard a response. A few other things have caught on fire in the mean time, I can poke around again after the raid is over.
    I couldn't care less at this point given the outcome of that raid, but I have others in the Kongregate community asking for an update, so yes, please poke around again if you would (Apologies for the bluntness, but you we're moderating the forums, so you know...)

Also a very vital question people are starting to ask, is what is the future of the Kongregate accounts when flash is discontinued. Obviously people will stop investing their money into a game if their accounts will cease to exist shortly (again, proper account linking would solve this)

Thanks,