Herald Defense

Jerry_S180
Jerry_S180
Greenhorn
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3
Which units and or turrets are the best defense against the Herald? Do they hit Airborne platforms?
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 10,023
    The Herald can destroy airborne platforms in 2 different ways.
    1. Splash damage from the bombs.
    2. Using the AA Weapon Kit tech which also makes the Herald able to target airborne targets.
    Finally, to answer your second question. The most effective turret against the Herald is the Hunter Missile turret. If you link the Hunter Missile turret to a fusion turret which increases the damage against Herald by 300%.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 2,093
    yes on they hit airbournd platforms yes they do on the  best setup is 1   hunter missles do alot of damage to them best unit is technical with anti air the 2ed best unit is the hades   but it can not move and shoot like the techs  but they are a option 
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 8,259
    Which units and or turrets are the best defense against the Herald? Do they hit Airborne platforms?
    Hunter Missile should help. Seekers too I believe.
    Me on my day's off...
    Thane_Mantis
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    There has also come few other options for defending against the Herald in game.
    • Buildings / Turrets
      • Hunter Missile Turret
        • Linked to Fusion Turret if possible
      • Heavy Flak Turret
      • Patriot Rocket (Rocket Silo)
      • Hornet (Drone Silo)
    • Units
      • Survivors
        • Technical + Rocket Man tech
      • Corpus
        • Hades
      • Sentinels
        • Seeker
    The day has come and I'm finally beyond the 10k mark. https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/745288
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    • Buildings / Turrets
      • Hunter Missile Turret
      • Heavy Flak Turret
      • Hornet (Drone Silo)
    • Units
      • Survivors
      • Corpus
        • Hades
      • Sentinels
        • Seeker
    Ah yes, I heard Rocket Man Technicals was popular for dropping the Herald. I expect spawn trapping the Herald when it gets deployed with those would solve the issue of that unit pretty quickly lol.
    Me on my day's off...
    Thane_Mantis
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Axel L said:
    • Buildings / Turrets
      • Hunter Missile Turret
      • Heavy Flak Turret
      • Hornet (Drone Silo)
    • Units
      • Survivors
      • Corpus
        • Hades
      • Sentinels
        • Seeker
    Ah yes, I heard Rocket Man Technicals was popular for dropping the Herald. I expect spawn trapping the Herald when it gets deployed with those would solve the issue of that unit pretty quickly lol.
    The problem at this state of the game is that spawn trapping isn't as powerful of a choice for taking down a unit like the Herald anymore. I would probably support it with the Darkstorm to effectively eliminate nearly all of the range for the Technicals.
  • Thane_Mantis
    Thane_Mantis
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    • Buildings / Turrets
      • Hunter Missile Turret
      • Heavy Flak Turret
      • Hornet (Drone Silo)
    • Units
      • Survivors
      • Corpus
        • Hades
      • Sentinels
        • Seeker
    The problem at this state of the game is that spawn trapping isn't as powerful of a choice for taking down a unit like the Herald anymore. I would probably support it with the Darkstorm to effectively eliminate nearly all of the range for the Technicals.
    Do Landmines work against the Darkstorm? If so, I bet they could probably help eliminate that threat.
    Me on my day's off...
    Thane_Mantis
  • Rock-NStomper2
    Rock-NStomper2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 171
    Herald is getting easy to beat. Seeker w/Fusion turrets attached.. Silo(s) with patriot missile Upgraded to higher level now available mine missiles are 257k per shot and its 50 per minutes :) maybe some air only units if wanted. My base Knocks Heralds out the air.. 
    Tough Times make tough people,  Tough people make easy times, Easy times make Weak people..... Playing since 2011
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Axel L said:
    Axel L said:
    • Buildings / Turrets
      • Hunter Missile Turret
      • Heavy Flak Turret
      • Hornet (Drone Silo)
    • Units
      • Survivors
      • Corpus
        • Hades
      • Sentinels
        • Seeker
    Do Landmines work against the Darkstorm? If so, I bet they could probably help eliminate that threat.
    The Darkstorm is highly resistant to land mine damage like with the Juggernaut and War Rig. I think kixeye has learned from previous experiences with unique units and land mines that unique units should have a higher mine resistant than the Elite Legion.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    edited 19 Apr 2018, 8:36AM
    Seeker w/Fusion turrets attached..
    Seekers cannot be linked to Fusion turrets at this sate of the game. The closest to a Seeker linked with a Fusion turret is a Hunter Missile turret linked with a Fusion turret.
  • ProfessorDrill
    ProfessorDrill
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 3
    that herald is a totally unfair weapon - my base is pretty well defended and I cannot seem to knock 1 down.
    pax
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    that herald is a totally unfair weapon - my base is pretty well defended and I cannot seem to knock 1 down.
    What do you use to defend against the Herald?
  • chavallo
    chavallo
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 10
    undefended bases dont do well, try tech workshopped for air, add hunter missiles and heavy flak