how to farm the LvL 70+ deceiver target ?

shyva prime
shyva prime
Skilled Warrior
Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 595
i remember seeing people farming them using battleship (against 70/ 80 / 90 ) and not taking dmg , it's also visible on youtube video .

but this time it seems that the deceiver are MUCH faster , and so i wanted to know what strategy is necessary to farm them without taking dmg (or minimal amount) 
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,560
    i remember seeing people farming them using battleship (against 70/ 80 / 90 ) and not taking dmg , it's also visible on youtube video .

but this time it seems that the deceiver are MUCH faster , and so i wanted to know what strategy is necessary to farm them without taking dmg (or minimal amount) 
    Use 5 cruisers and a carrier. Target the unshielded enemy cruisers first, then the suppressors, then the shielded cruisers. Shield switch ftw.
  • Wizard Prang
    Wizard Prang
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 43
    Kixeye: "If you're not taking damage, we're doing it wrong"

Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?
    My Vega Conflict blog posts: http://tinyurl.com/vegaconflicttips
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 595

Use 5 cruisers and a carrier. Target the unshielded enemy cruisers first, then the suppressors, then the shielded cruisers. Shield switch ftw.
    So basically i go full ham and focuse target and hope to not get much repair ? it's kinda stupid isn't it ?
  • VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 177

I really hate that statement. Damage ought to be related to piloting skill and not mandatory. Alas, it seems that damage in inevitable.
  • Chaos Slayer
    Chaos Slayer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 101
    5 Cruisers + 1 Carrier is pretty much the most used method of dealing with deceivers. Alternatively, you can replace 3 of the cruisers for battleships: Iron blockade formation, having cruisers at slots 1 and 3, Carrier at 6 and the battleships fill the rest; group the ships 1 to 5 up and keep them on that formation (or move the ship 2 back a little). After my first Bastion was built, I used it against deceivers in this method to see how it would perform: it was very effective, as expected. And if the shielded guardians start focusing a battleship, throw your cruisers at them as close as possible to keep the plasma shots away from the battleships (better do it after shieldless guardians and suppressors are gone). If it's a Bastion, then the Overdrive will certainly be activated, dealing massive damage to everything as they have no counter or resistance to bouncing energy damage. After that, just prepare yourself to kill the paladin while nullifying it's drones.
    My fleet is growing!
  • Wizard Prang
    Wizard Prang
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 43

I really hate that statement. Damage ought to be related to piloting skill and not mandatory. Alas, it seems that damage in inevitable.
    I hate it too... but it is the way the game is played these days.
    Who is General Failure and why is he reading my disk?
    My Vega Conflict blog posts: http://tinyurl.com/vegaconflicttips
  • VEGA Security
    VEGA Security
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 177
    @Wizard Prang
    Sad but true.