Technicals not holding defense status..

Jim_F893
Jim_F893
Greenhorn
Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 7
Never happened before:  Technicals will not hold defense code in base.  They show no design icons until I select Hold Postion.  Then I have to select Fire at Will, if I want that option.  But, when I leave the base screen, the codes disappear, and I have to reset every Technical unit.  My other units keep their status.  Obviously, this makes the units useless in base defense.  Any suggestions?
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,835

Hardly makes them useless, use your go go to position them somewhere where they would always arrive at combat behind another unit.

Photo:
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,807
    You need to wait for the game to save before you leave your base or close the game. Sometimes it doesn't stick. If it's absolutely necessary they be on a given stance then you should wait for the game to save, collect your resources and wait for the game to save again before leaving your base or closing the game.

Just my personal opinion but the best stance is no stance. Pu them where you think they should be, wait for the game to save but don't use defend or fire at will. If they're on defend they'll sit and let themselves get killed and not go after things that hit them. If they're on fire at will they charge off to the spawn point where they can be killed with more ease as there's no base to protect them.
  • BuckMann
    BuckMann
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 379
    Jim_F893 said:
    Never happened before:  Technicals will not hold defense code in base.  They show no design icons until I select Hold Postion.  Then I have to select Fire at Will, if I want that option.  But, when I leave the base screen, the codes disappear, and I have to reset every Technical unit.  My other units keep their status.  Obviously, this makes the units useless in base defense.  Any suggestions?
    Same trouble here. Plus no workshop icon. Brought it up before in forum. Nothing from the mods about it. 

You need to wait for the game to save before you leave your base or close the game. Sometimes it doesn't stick. If it's absolutely necessary they be on a given stance then you should wait for the game to save, collect your resources and wait for the game to save again before leaving your base or closing the game.

Just my personal opinion but the best stance is no stance. Pu them where you think they should be, wait for the game to save but don't use defend or fire at will. If they're on defend they'll sit and let themselves get killed and not go after things that hit them. If they're on fire at will they charge off to the spawn point where they can be killed with more ease as there's no base to protect them.

The game save feature doesn't work for me. I move a building to trigger game save. But still the icons go away. If I move on of my technicals the icons will appear. But they won't stay.  
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,807
    BuckMann said:
    Jim_F893 said:
    Same trouble here. Plus no workshop icon. Brought it up before in forum. Nothing from the mods about it. 

The game save feature doesn't work for me. I move a building to trigger game save. But still the icons go away. If I move on of my technicals the icons will appear. But they won't stay.  
    It's a visual glitch, they're there, you just can't see them. Next time this happens make sure your HUD is not hidden, select one of the Technicals and look at the on-screen command buttons bottom center. The defend or fire at will command should be glowing, indicating that stance is set, even if you can't see the icon.
  • BuckMann
    BuckMann
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 379
    BuckMann said:
    Jim_F893 said:

It's a visual glitch, they're there, you just can't see them. Next time this happens make sure your HUD is not hidden, select one of the Technicals and look at the on-screen command buttons bottom center. The defend or fire at will command should be glowing, indicating that stance is set, even if you can't see the icon.
    I agree it's just visual glitch. Sometimes I have to look close as to what tech I have on. But otherwise minor annoyance. 
  • Jim_F893
    Jim_F893
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 7
    Did a test attack using the go-go bar;  selected some purifiers.  When I started the attack, ALL the technical attacked them.. looks like they are selected.  Thanks for the imput guys.