Question about Spectral Shell

Simon_Po
Simon_Po
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2016 Posts: 144
@CM Chris  or @CM_Lee
Spectral Shells give 25% additional damage if hit by any other weapon, but energy weapons.
Does that mean we will not see alien or plasma damage in future altarian npc fleets?
Or is this just regarding the "classic" damage types? (blue & red)

I would really like to know because this why should i fit it if the cruiser will be eaten alive in the next events....
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 72
    We will see plasma damage type for sure ( some of their video is showing NPC firing plasma weapon )

If I were to guess , this is the first of a series of 3 or 4 shield. 
    -yellow  against chain and energy weapons
    -blue against Pierce and projectile weapons
    -red against stasis and explosive weapons 

And maybe a final one resistant to all dmg type ( not but less efficient vs a single dmg type ) and with counter ability for all new weapon mechanics.

That my guess .

So following that logic , since this event had enemy with energy weapon and they gave us energy shield.

Next monthly event with Pierce will be a projectile shield and enemy will be using projectile weapon ( blue )

( Plasma damage might come in other event that are not the big monthly one , like decimation and stuff , or it will come in the final event with carrier , I don't know )
  • Uwrekd
    Uwrekd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 159
    It would be nice if this hull could mix shield types.
  • x4y4z4t4
    x4y4z4t4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 122
    I also notice the "Other Reduction -25%". Doesn't that means the ship will take 25% more damage, or 125% if equip this shield and the damage type is not Energy?
  • karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 392
    @Cyrus Leung already clarified this in another thread. Yes the -25% means that non energy based weapons will do 125% damage. 

• Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 664

Crafty by kix, no shield means no overdrive and as energy based only when next ship comes along that shield will be no good as we will face a different dmg type, might as well slap on meta or recharging shields and hope a multi type shield comes along.

• Simon_Po
    Simon_Po
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 144
    @Cyrus Leung already clarified this in another thread. Yes the -25% means that non energy based weapons will do 125% damage. 

i got that already, the question is about the fact that past event fleets had diffrent damage types while kixeye now offers shilds that are highly specialized...
    If i build a Bastion today with that shilds, and next decimation the npc fleets got plasma damage....,well, tbh this looks like forced refit for me...

@CM Chris @CM_Lee still hoping for an answer :-)

• Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,692

Technically on a ship like this, isnt the extra damage a good thing? As loosing the shield triggers the overdrive, meaning if it gets clpse enough with its energy weapons then shields get taken down by projectiles, the battleships may be in for one hell of a beat down while the overdrive is active

born in sector 1100

alliance: LORD (VC only)

VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...

• karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 392
    Simon_Po said:

i got that already, the question is about the fact that past event fleets had diffrent damage types while kixeye now offers shilds that are highly specialized...
    If i build a Bastion today with that shilds, and next decimation the npc fleets got plasma damage....,well, tbh this looks like forced refit for me...

@CM Chris @CM_Lee still hoping for an answer :-)

You are asking for future events and how the fleets will pan out :smile:  Bit hopeful aren't we. We will know, as with anyone else, as the events are closer, as to what the fleet combinations are. I am guessing one shoe fit's all ain't gonna work. 
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 664

@Nightmare Deathlock said:
    Technically on a ship like this, isnt the extra damage a good thing? As loosing the shield triggers the overdrive, meaning if it gets clpse enough with its energy weapons then shields get taken down by projectiles, the battleships may be in for one hell of a beat down while the overdrive is active

Depends if all forthcoming ships have firestorm overdrive.

• Darren Barnes
    Darren Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 159
    fit exophase shields if you want. you will lose the counter chain bonus though.
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,692

@Gary Pollock said:

@Nightmare Deathlock said:

Depends if all forthcoming ships have firestorm overdrive.

I highly freaking doubt all the ships would have the same ability.

born in sector 1100

alliance: LORD (VC only)

VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...