op concuss cannon

Rod Kimble
Rod Kimble
Potential Threat
Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 92
when did the op concuss cannon start melting kings ?
  • Petushock
    Petushock
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 131
    when its become not turret and when people start placing new armor on ships
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 15,270
    Short version is,

The Modules we put on the OP, KMC and Concussive Gatling gun was being treated like a turret and was being effected by Siege Battery.

With the update its no longer treated like a turret and will work properly.
  • Rod Kimble
    Rod Kimble
    Potential Threat
    so that's why all our fleets suck now even in a lvl 65 base got it now thinks kixeye 
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 667
    so that's why all our fleets suck now even in a lvl 65 base got it now thinks kixeye 
    just gotta build your boats right.

• WallyFleet
    WallyFleet
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,066
    edited 12 Feb 2018, 5:45PM
    only one refit of 10 hours and your kings are king again :) 

the only ship that's really f* is the twinblade but maybe the new T7 armor can help there a bit.
    Rum, beer, quests and mead
    These are the things that a pirate needs
    Raise the flag and let's set sail
    Under the sign of the Storm of Ale
  • Achmed Keelemall
    Achmed Keelemall
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 36
    WOW fix something and the chest beaters start crying...lmao typical coiners, My shippys melt whaaa whaaaa
  • Rod Kimble
    Rod Kimble
    Potential Threat
    but that weapon is concuss and with the bren and reg sloth in fleet the kings get concuss buffs and they both have the concuss armor on them so you telling me cant defend against that cannon now. think that the way it should be working think not.
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,086

@Achmed Keelemall said:
    WOW fix something and the chest beaters start crying...lmao typical coiners, My shippys melt whaaa whaaaa

Why does this have anything to do with coiners? The writ has been out for many many months...

Image result for git gud gif Come and add your ships to my graveyard:   :P    104775,446
  • Rod Kimble
    Rod Kimble
    Potential Threat
    like always no real answer to a legit ? when you build your hull to defend against concuss and it hits your kings with 3 volleys and they melt something not working right somewhere not saying to walk a base but they should not melt with 3 volleys of that op cannon 
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Strike-force Captain
    like always no real answer to a legit ? when you build your hull to defend against concuss and it hits your kings with 3 volleys and they melt something not working right somewhere not saying to walk a base but they should not melt with 3 volleys of that op cannon 
    they gave you the answer, you just didn't grasp what they told you.

the OP Concussive Cannon was not functioning correctly with Siege Battery.    IE Siege Battery worked when it shouldn't of.
    Your boats are now taking FULL DAMAGE, which they were not before.  SO if you depended on the extra concussive deflection from the slots+ bus, you are now coming up way short. 

• Ripper12493
    Ripper12493
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 302
    But it was answered, before the omega cannons were being treated as Turrets and siege batt was cutting the damage in half. that wasn't intended and With the recent update that changed, so now you're taking the full hit minus your deflection.  Each projectile deals about 53k concussive damage so if you aren't over that they're gonna melt fast.
    Rising Shadows: 306 mil
    Utopia: 821 mil
  • Oppugn
    Oppugn
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 13
    Joe_B222 said:

the OP Concussive Cannon was not functioning correctly with Siege Battery.    IE Siege Battery worked when it shouldn't of.
    Your boats are now taking FULL DAMAGE, which they were not before.  SO if you depended on the extra concussive deflection from the slots+ bus, you are now coming up way short. 

I don't think it is a question of whether anybody can "grasp" what is being said.  It is a matter of contradictory statements.  For instance, here is the release notes for OP 10:

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/711097?

It clearly states it is a turret.  The OP weapon has clearly been advertised as a turret, behaved like a turret, and now we are being told it is a different animal unto itself and battle mechanics have been changed.  A little consistency would go a long way.

When multiple fleets are a requirement to complete TLCs, the FM has changed, base defenses have been nerfed, the new armor doesn't work well for ships below T7, and all defensive turrets are nearly obsolete, I am simply looking for a modicum of reliable information.  I sincerely apologize if I have triggered anybody.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,086
    Oppugn said:
    Joe_B222 said:

I don't think it is a question of whether anybody can "grasp" what is being said.  It is a matter of contradictory statements.  For instance, here is the release notes for OP 10:

It clearly states it is a turret.  The OP weapon has clearly been advertised as a turret, behaved like a turret, and now we are being told it is a different animal unto itself and battle mechanics have been changed.  A little consistency would go a long way.

When multiple fleets are a requirement to complete TLCs, the FM has changed, base defenses have been nerfed, the new armor doesn't work well for ships below T7, and all defensive turrets are nearly obsolete, I am simply looking for a modicum of reliable information.  I sincerely apologize if I have triggered anybody.
    The base buffs did not work on the omega as it was not a turret. So would you rather them allow buss to omega in base and leave seige working? YOu would really get crushed then. Or do you prefer the resistance to not work. Can not have one work and the other not work.  This is by far the best I assure you you would get crushed 10x faster with base buffs working  OL reload for isntance + couple FS 2. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Strike-force Captain
    Oppugn said:
    Joe_B222 said:

and it was quickly clarified that it was not classified as a turret in teh typical ways our others are.   They were not supposed to get buffs from factions and tact fields,  and that turret defense was not supposed to work..

Yes it is a turret (  an installation where you can install the gun ) 
    no it is not a turret as it does not get turret buffs..

People are getting too hung up with one word.

the new armors work GREAT on lower ships below T7, you just have to be very selective on which ones it goes on.   I have seen some very smart boat builds, with old tech using the new armors that are wrecking attackers..  

• Rod Kimble
    Rod Kimble
    Potential Threat
    the thing here to is the king was giving to help get past this turret as it did such a good job they gave the hope to help stop king then gave the boulder to help with the hope now they saying oh the turret was all messed up and should have been hurting the king when we gave the king I don't think this was how it worked at time king was giving out in bounty but now all of the sudden they saying that turret should be melting the king the whole time don't sound right to me 
  • WallyFleet
    WallyFleet
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,066

Well they don't melt mine, so stop wining repair, refit and get over it. As told before 10 hours refit and your king is king again. Just figure it out and read your blueprints

Rum, beer, quests and mead
    These are the things that a pirate needs
    Raise the flag and let's set sail
    Under the sign of the Storm of Ale
  • jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 216
    ok so then the kinetic cannon should eat up Onslaught do to it's deflection is not even 200k 
  • kixeyeuser_1402830068216_100002675560901
    kixeyeuser_1402830068216_100002675560901
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 414
    ok so then the kinetic cannon should eat up Onslaught do to it's deflection is not even 200k 
    It does that now if you watch replays, my onslaught takes a higher % of damage to op gun than my king does by far. You have to take into consideration the huge armor value that the onslaught has.
  • TAC
    TAC
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 19
    Ok, I'll bite and admit I'm an idiot...what is the 10 hour refit that will fix my Kings so they don't melt from the OP concussive weapon?
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    TAC said:
    Ok, I'll bite and admit I'm an idiot...what is the 10 hour refit that will fix my Kings so they don't melt from the OP concussive weapon?
    People crack me up trying to be all "secret"  if they got something to say say it as I assure them its no top secret.

They are talking about the new Mort put one of them on. That will also make you weaker to fast fire Concussive stuff such as Axioms as your pass through damage goes from 100 or less on concussive to 360. It will be stronger vs the omega as it will only be taking 360 damage vs 10K damage it takes without it.  Itw will still be taking 360 ea salvo that hits it King has give or take 180K armor so it can not eat a lot of 360 hits.  
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Strike-force Captain
    John1975 said:
    TAC said:
    People crack me up trying to be all "secret"  if they got something to say say it as I assure them its no top secret.

They are talking about the new Mort put one of them on. That will also make you weaker to fast fire Concussive stuff such as Axioms as your pass through damage goes from 100 or less on concussive to 360. It will be stronger vs the omega as it will only be taking 360 damage vs 10K damage it takes without it.  Itw will still be taking 360 ea salvo that hits it King has give or take 180K armor so it can not eat a lot of 360 hits.  
    wrong..
    the new armors have the 360 passthrough..  not the mortar.

• John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:
    TAC said:

wrong..

Copied right from GD post on deflection pass through most see to have missed it.

"the Passthrough value would display in the stat block as 360. The Onslaught also uses this value, along with the 2X-Q Mortar. "

Yes the new mort is also 360 pass through
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Strike-force Captain
    John1975 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:
    TAC said:

wrong..

Copied right from GD post on deflection pass through most see to have missed it.

"the Passthrough value would display in the stat block as 360. The Onslaught also uses this value, along with the 2X-Q Mortar. "

I must of missed that..  I stand corrected.   ( even though I didnt use the new mortar to fix that problem.  ) 

Was that there in the first version?  or was that part of the edit?

• John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    John1975 said:
    TAC said:

wrong..

I must of missed that..  I stand corrected.   ( even though I didnt use the new mortar to fix that problem.  ) 

Was that there in the first version?  or was that part of the edit?

that been there the entire time but is easy to miss buried down deep in the post.  Very easy to miss and most players did not catch that the 360 bypass also applied to the mort.
  • joe crossland
    joe crossland
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 534
    Laredo said:
    Short version is,

The Modules we put on the OP, KMC and Concussive Gatling gun was being treated like a turret and was being effected by Siege Battery.

With the update its no longer treated like a turret and will work properly.
    also since its not considered a turret turret deflection doesnt work against it either you kinda left that part out