This Weeks Crafting Event

Struan Robertson
Struan Robertson
Skilled Warrior
Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 496
Will this weeks Crafting event have old AXIS/XENO crafting packs in it or will it have NEW Altairian cruiser boxes in the store
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,422
    edited 12 Feb 2018, 2:23PM
    Most probably Tier 6 stuff. I mean, Pegasus materials still haven't trickled down into the Crafting Event, so the Bastion Cruiser can wait.
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Skilled Warrior
    Most probably Tier 6 stuff. I mean, Pegasus materials still haven't trickled down into the Crafting Event, so the Bastion Cruiser can wait.
    even more victory for the super coiners then, this was part of the problem when DC & XENO was first introduced, the only way to craft the new tech is via coin purchases
  • Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 396
    ,Struan Robertson said:
    even more victory for the super coiners then, this was part of the problem when DC & XENO was first introduced, the only way to craft the new tech is via coin purchases
    Working as intended, I actually am OK with this. THis gives Kix a chance to make money off the impatient whales.... they gotta make money to keep the lights on. Where is a better place?
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,654
    The blueprint mechanic introduced into the store allows future events to offer the prizes over and over again and allows people to make small progress towards the goals. This means that future events will likely have fleets dropping new crafting boxes while offering the new ship and weapons in the store, making farming for those crafting upgrades a lot more rewarding. I can't possibly see how Kix could f this up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did .... 
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,422
    The blueprint mechanic introduced into the store allows future events to offer the prizes over and over again and allows people to make small progress towards the goals. This means that future events will likely have fleets dropping new crafting boxes while offering the new ship and weapons in the store, making farming for those crafting upgrades a lot more rewarding. I can't possibly see how Kix could f this up, but I wouldn't be surprised if they did .... 
    2M points for a blueprint PIECE
  • Demopans
    Demopans
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 132

@Cyrus Leung said:
    SteelSteve said:
    >

That changes everything then. Seems like the price one would expect for a complete blueprint.

• Felix Elske
    Felix Elske
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 150

@Demopans said:

@Cyrus Leung said:
    SteelSteve said:
    >

That changes everything then. Seems like the price one would expect for a complete blueprint.

So it wasnt supposed to complete the first 2m? Best not take this away kix..that is outrageous for one bp piece

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Skilled Warrior
    @SteelSteve ; you were wondering how Kixeye could/would frack this up ... there is your possible answer.

Step 1: Make a Main event with only 100K as the maximum points per fleet
    Step 2: Make the high end fleets sustain considerable damage per hit
    Step 3: Make the partial BP worth 4 or 5 times the original value 
  • ironspam
    ironspam
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 93
    edited 13 Feb 2018, 11:05PM
    In the newly posted "MOBILIZATION Brief 2018.2.15", the event store cost for a "Piece of the Bastion Cruiser" has been set at 375,000 intel.  A total of four blueprint pieces are available for purchase for the event. 

Assuming that cost remains constant for following events, total acquisition cost for eight pieces required for the full blueprint will be 3,000,000 intel.  This implies that pilots who were able to acquire the full blueprint for the now completed Contact event got an "early bird" discount of 1,000,000 intel.

• SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,755
    ironspam said:
    In the newly posted "MOBILIZATION Brief 2018.2.15", the event store cost for a "Piece of the Bastion Cruiser" has been set at 375,000 intel.  A total of four blueprint pieces are available for purchase for the event. 

Assuming a constant price at that rate for following events, total acquisition cost for eight pieces required for the full blueprint will be 3,000,000 intel.  This implies that pilots who were able to acquire the full blueprint for the now completed Contact event got an "early bird" discount of 1,000,000 intel.

The increased price for the Bastion is the inverse of what happened with the Covenant and Hellfire upon release, where they were available for 2.5M points, only to be dropped to 1.5M.

That said, I got the Bastion and all new tech in Contact, so I don't have to worry. Although, I can't build any for a good while. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • ironspam
    ironspam
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 93
    edited 13 Feb 2018, 11:21PM
    ironspam said:

Assuming a constant price at that rate for following events, total acquisition cost for eight pieces required for the full blueprint will be 3,000,000 intel.  This implies that pilots who were able to acquire the full blueprint for the now completed Contact event got an "early bird" discount of 1,000,000 intel.

The increased price for the Bastion is the inverse of what happened with the Covenant and Hellfire upon release, where they were available for 2.5M points, only to be dropped to 1.5M.

That said, I got the Bastion and all new tech in Contact, so I don't have to worry. Although, I can't build any for a good while. 

Yeah same here, I purchased the full Bastion Cruiser blueprint in the Contact event, but had my Ship Lab upgraded only to level X (level XII required to start Bastion construction).  Fail on my part there, and so for me it was also a case of hurry up and then wait.

Maybe the difference in arrangements is like buying a house.  If you're rich, you can afford to pay it all in cash up front.  If you're not so rich, for a fair premium you can pay smaller installments over time and at a pace that suits your ability to do so.