Epsilon Echo Cannon

ChalkSix
ChalkSix
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 255
Is there any more info about how the Epsilon Echo cannon operates?  Does it deal the full 310 dps on the first hit?  (and any additional chains deal extra damage)  Or does the listed 310 dps assume a minimum chain effect? 
Does the damage decrease by 50% each chain as the echo ray? or does it increase as the reverb ray. Or does it stay constant?

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,525
    ChalkSix said:
    Is there any more info about how the Epsilon Echo cannon operates?  Does it deal the full 310 dps on the first hit?  (and any additional chains deal extra damage)  Or does the listed 310 dps assume a minimum chain effect? 
    Does the damage decrease by 50% each chain as the echo ray? or does it increase as the reverb ray. Or does it stay constant?

The max chain DPS stat seem to indicate that the weapon has diminishing damage for each chain. So if i understand that stat correctly over 7 chains thats 876 DPS in total.
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,375
    It's called echo, so each chain reduces the damage (confirmed by taking damage from it for 3 days now -_-   ) As I understand it, it doses 310 on the first hit. So that's how much damage you'd do fighting one ship. The other stat is the total damage if it chains all 7 times.

I still don't know how many times it will chain if you just shoot at 2 ships (will it just hit each ship once or will it bounce back and forth), or why the chain is 7 when there are only 6 ships in player fleets, or why it barely hurts drones. None of these answers are being released -_- 
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 176

I am disappointed on how little information we have gotten about recent tech and how it works. Kix used to be quite good about this and now they dont even bother. We are at the start of a new tier and yet we have had little information about it and why we should want it. CM Chris posted some about the new tier but not nearly enough. A poor sales job by kix. We never get event videos anymore either.

• ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 255

using some sketchy maths, based on a 35% reduction per bounce here is what I came up with

Bounce310
    total
    DPS

This seems likely close to correct.  It would be nice to have an official comment tho.  @CM Chris @CM_Lee ?
  • Fat Chickens
    Fat Chickens
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 53
    who cares ... on the new hulls it melts EVERYTHING! That's all you need to know lol
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,793
    edited 12 Feb 2018, 5:19AM

310 DPS on the primary hit, with a 33.3% reduction per bounce, will result in a Max Chain DPS of 876 upon hitting the maximum of 7 targets, which is the same as the listed value (what did you think Max Chain DPS meant? Btw that name was voted on by a select group of players). Simple maths really.

Details here: http://vega-conflict.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Chain

The VEGA Conflict Wiki can answer the vast majority of questions regarding tech mechanics.

• SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,375
    Very nice ...

it still doesn't answer why the xeno version needs 9 bounces IF the beam only hits each ship once. No one has bothered to say anywhere how many times 2 in-range ships will be hit with one beam with these new weapons.  For the insane dps, it also does very little to squads, and I've never seen it bounce 7 times in between those squads.   I also assume the weapon is useless to farm it's own event due to the resistors and shields on the ships, but no one has actually told us the load-out of the ships either ...................... I think we were able to squeeze out the resistances of the hulls eventually, but it was a comment from a mod instead of an official post, and I can't even find it again to remember whether they have alien resist or not .... 
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    The enemy altairian ships do not have the same 50% alien resistance as our ships. They also appear to have metaphase shields equipped, so Alien damage would be more effective against them.

As for the Chain effect, the larger the Chain number, the more difficult it is for Counter Chain to be effective.
  • VVulty
    VVulty
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 88

The next question is: will Counter chain reduce only number of chain hops or it will "increase" hop internal number and consecutively reduce damage done by very next hop?

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    edited 12 Feb 2018, 9:14AM
    VVulty said:

The next question is: will Counter chain reduce only number of chain hops or it will "increase" hop internal number and consecutively reduce damage done by very next hop?

The answer to your question is in the link of my previous (x2) reply.

TL;DR: Counter Chain has no effect on damage.
  • horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 99
    I don't see the point of this tech, as in one month (a.k.a. before most players can build their first Bastion) Chain will be gone and we will have to fight Pierce. So we are putting useless crap on our ships which doesn't help. Targets will likely do projectile damage (or something other that energy) too, and players just equipped the new shields which will take extra damage from that source. Nicely set up! That is even more perverted than last season, where you needed a different ship type for each new target and once you had that fleet, that particular target was cycled out in favour of a new one.   
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    I don't see the point of this tech, as in one month (a.k.a. before most players can build their first Bastion) Chain will be gone and we will have to fight Pierce. So we are putting useless crap on our ships which doesn't help. Targets will likely do projectile damage (or something other that energy) too, and players just equipped the new shields which will take extra damage from that source. Nicely set up! That is even more perverted than last season, where you needed a different ship type for each new target and once you had that fleet, that particular target was cycled out in favour of a new one.   
    Keep in mind that Chain is much harder to counter than Pierce. Even without Counter-Tech you could easily mitigate the effects of Pierce by not lining up your ships, not so much for Chain.

Although one does wonder what will be in store for us once Walls are released...

• Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 40
    Keep in mind that Chain is much harder to counter than Pierce. Even without Counter-Tech you could easily mitigate the effects of Pierce by not lining up your ships, not so much for Chain.

Although one does wonder what will be in store for us once Walls are released...

bet you 100 coins that the OUTPOSTS will have both PIERCING & CHAIN weapons on their turrets
  • Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 302
    edited 12 Feb 2018, 3:44PM
    The enemy altairian ships do not have the same 50% alien resistance as our ships. They also appear to have metaphase shields equipped, so Alien damage would be more effective against them.

As for the Chain effect, the larger the Chain number, the more difficult it is for Counter Chain to be effective.
    If the above is true... why does the in game Modifier tab on the Bastion Crusier BP show 50% Alien resistance at mk1?
    @Cyrus Leung
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 63
    Because that your version of the ship , they have different version of it...

• horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 99

Make 2 groups of ships, one flies to the left, the other flies to the right = Chain countered.

Unless it works like the game does right now, where it uses "virtual points" with absolutely nothing there to jump further than it should be able to. (Might be related to squadrons, but certainly looks like another of those lazy instance of creating unavoidable damage out of this air.)
  • Uwrekd
    Uwrekd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 156
    edited 12 Feb 2018, 7:29PM

Make 2 groups of ships, one flies to the left, the other flies to the right = Chain countered.

Unless it works like the game does right now, where it uses "virtual points" with absolutely nothing there to jump further than it should be able to. (Might be related to squadrons, but certainly looks like another of those lazy instance of creating unavoidable damage out of this air.)
    Tell that to my carrier, who always stayed behind, yet always took chain damage.
  • CM_Lee
    CM_Lee
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 50
    All info posted by Cyrus Leung, our fantastico Mod of Mods, is correct :) Thanks Cyrus!
    VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • HarpoonoZenith
    HarpoonoZenith
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 340
    Cannnnncerous
  • strider365
    strider365
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 59
    @chris @ lee
    Why are the questions in this thread being asked and why do you guys have the immediate answers????

Not that I personally like the first reply from the first question in this thread it speaks to such arrogance,,,
    "what did you think Max Chain DPS meant?"

@Chris Leung 
    we didn't know, that's why we were asking :)
    thanks for the what I would call and arrogant reply

How about you read what was typed/asked???

You used to release great information before the events
    your reply with smart **** remark  like
     "what did you think Max Chain DPS meant?"

We didn't know because you didn't explain it.
    Guys are you really interested? FFS

We are the clients, Try to be interested

CM_Lee
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 32
    All info posted by Cyrus Leung, our fantastico Mod of Mods, is correct Thanks Cyrus!

FFS
    really you are building each other up ,well Done to both off you "NOT"

Strider

• Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,371
    edited 13 Feb 2018, 11:22PM
    --snip--
    You used to release great information before the events
    your reply with smart **** remark
    --snip--

It is the conceit of this and other public forums to start to use language that denotes a familiarity with the subjects after enough time has passed.  This is true of the Mods (as well as many of the other regular visitors) to begin using language that is more akin to everyday conversational tones with people they encounter on a daily basis. 

Cyrus's responses in this thread are no different than how he addresses his friends and compatriots in the Alien Elites channel on Facebook.  It is mostly friendly, but if you read snark into it, trust that he means it in the most endearing way possible-- as a friend and ally, someone who is facing the same challenges every other player is facing in Vega Conflict.  Think Starbuck and Apollo in the original 70's Battlestar Galactica.  We're here to provide answers, but we're all fellow pilots and that comes through in our attention to you. 

If you really believe that we mean serious insult by the posts we make, feel free to send a PM to CM Chris or CM Lee.  Otherwise, please try not to read falsely perceived intentions or arrogance in our replies. 
    Need to file a ticket?  Go here: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Forum Rules: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465
    ::Read everything I write in the calm, neutral tones of Star Trek's Spock::