Official CONTACT Discussion Thread

CM_Lee
CM_Lee
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 50
edited 6 Feb 2018, 11:45PM
Discuss tips, tricks, strategies and feedback for CONTACT here!

VC Community Manager
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,412

Will all main event stores be as minimalistic as this?

Also, I don't see Spectral Shell 3 as a purchasable BP.

Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • Noob-Noob316
    Noob-Noob316
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 236
    Very low point payout for fleets that look very "op".. will there be an event buff ? 
  • SkyNet_600
    SkyNet_600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 653
    as i said we dont need a ASIS killer tier at least not yet...lol coiner Tier only

• Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 647

Tips, tricks and strategies, lol haven't even hit them yet but I got one to cover all.....coin

• SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    Not interested. Factory 13 + Ship lab 12 will take me another month ...
    If they hinted that a few weeks ago, then everyone wouldn't be angry (if they weren't already). I didn't do my Ship Lab, because I thought it wouldn't be necessary to do so when the update happened (low priority). I did get to Factory 12 and FB 16, but the remaining upgrades to allow construction of the Bastion will take me a couple weeks, a month at most. 

• AngelOfVerdun
    AngelOfVerdun
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 350
    @CM Chris

Can we get some higher lvl outposts? 60 being the highest lvl is really odd....
  • Yippee Ki Yay
    Yippee Ki Yay
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 173
    @CM Chris

Can we get some higher lvl outposts? 60 being the highest lvl is really odd....
    All about the grind!
  • duane.farthing
    duane.farthing
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 71
    In your face coin or don't get it!!
  • jaredfiori
    jaredfiori
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 143

“Hey we are the altarians, and we come in peace. We are also stronger than you, so we will give you some of our tech.”

Kixeye: “you gotta fight them for that tech lol”

C’mon you guys, where that tech they’re giving us.

PEW PEW
  • Wfang71
    Wfang71
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 208

@SEAL Corps1 said:
    horst.horstmann.7543 said:

Not interested. Factory 13 + Ship lab 12 will take me another month ...

If they hinted that a few weeks ago, then everyone wouldn't be angry (if they weren't already). I didn't do my Ship Lab, because I thought it wouldn't be necessary to do so when the update happened (low priority). I did get to Factory 12 and FB 16, but the remaining upgrades to allow construction of the Bastion will take me a couple weeks, a month at most. 

Actually I do remember Chris mentioning back when labs up to 12 became available that Lvl 12 Ones would be needed for t7 and the latest tech from axis (like alien base guns requirein Lvl 12 arms lab)

(highlighted reviews from famous people)
    ''i never met anyone like him Before'' -Elon Musk,
    ''i wish i couldve explored the void as much as he has'' -Stephen Hawking,
    ''this dude is fu*king amazing'' -Eminem
  • eloisiogomes872368
    eloisiogomes872368
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 11
    That was very sad.

"hi, We are altarians, We are friends, dont run (lol), fight against us for fun to get your tech We are not giving you freely", lol

• Wfang71
    Wfang71
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 208

I think however that the point payout is too low even for such a "small" store

Any solution to this would be appreciated

(highlighted reviews from famous people)
    ''i never met anyone like him Before'' -Elon Musk,
    ''i wish i couldve explored the void as much as he has'' -Stephen Hawking,
    ''this dude is fu*king amazing'' -Eminem
  • Felix Elske
    Felix Elske
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 121

"Also our ships look like protoss buildings and we for some reason have an established earth political system in place. Entaro tassidar."

• SpikeBot96
    SpikeBot96
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 22
    betrayal event part 2
  • Sheep Geminis
    Sheep Geminis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 364
    That was very sad.

"hi, We are altarians, We are friends, dont run (lol), fight against us for fun to get your tech We are not giving you freely", lol

No, no, as we can read in the Contact Event info, they're gonna give us the Altairian tech to fight the Ny'tah's armada. Basically they're recruiting us to fight their enemies. Not bad lore, but could be more elaborated and interesting. Also, the Vega Federation keep silently mining with no purpose, what about them in the lore? Can we know about them anytime soon?
    ┋ ID: 20710497. ┋ Lords of War Officer. ┋ Base level:  65. ┋ VIP Rank: 0. ┋
  • gundamcp8888
    gundamcp8888
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 417

Another shiteye money grabbing bs asstarians fraction. What's next? Dicktarian? Have dumbass harbin ever wonder with closure of few sectors, most sectors remain empty except those big alliances. I hope this game run soon into grave!

• Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 176

Looks terrible. Why dont u kix peeps go back and work on something better then release it. Is this the main event? It only goes three days. What exactly is this poor event supposed to be?

• Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Minor Nuisance

We are altarians. Best we could come up with only three people still working on this game. Sorry it's terrible. Please give us your money or we will nerf everything and reduce staff to two people and force you all into one sector.

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,793

Looks terrible. Why dont u kix peeps go back and work on something better then release it.

How so? Please elaborate.
  • mstoik37
    mstoik37
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 100
    who else is pissed that they have to upgrade their ship lab and factory?
  • Struan Robertson
    Struan Robertson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 40
    edited 7 Feb 2018, 2:59AM
    Did anyone else notice in the in game prize store the small little detail of maximum items that can be owned on the Ship, Shield, Weapon and Armour????

look closely....

• Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Minor Nuisance

@Cyrus Leung said:
    Paul Welch said:

Looks terrible. Why dont u kix peeps go back and work on something better then release it.

How so? Please elaborate.

There are hardly any fleets to hit and unless you hit the altarian 80 and 70 fleets you will be grinding forever. Then Kix cut the event from four days to three days. Just terrible. And if the first event for a new tier is poor it does not bode well for the rest of the season.

• the real SENTINEL
    the real SENTINEL
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 80
    Not sure where you are looking? that fraction you see 0/8 is the potential future ability to farm for the blue print.

Struan Robertson said:
    Did anyone else notice in the in game prize store the small little detail of maximum items that can be owned on the Ship, Shield, Weapon and Armour????

look closely....

my only issue is that this will hurt! then I will get my **** handed to me by the coiners who build it instantly and kick my **** for the next month without a counter from me!
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader

look closely....

Go back and read the notes at the bottom of the event briefing. Main events will offer full blueprints but all other events (like devastation) will only offer pieces. My guess is the "Currently Owned" is how many blueprint pieces there are to collect before you get the full device.

-------
    That said this event doesn't look all that promising. Sorta waiting for someone to do the calculations for how long it will take to grind out anything. Unless you can farm the 80s, which given the last seasons "difficulty buffs" on events, means coin only people are going to be grinding the low end stuff for a while. At least until those get buffed to prevent people from "hitting outside their level".
    Main events will allow the players to buy the BP in full. In subsequent events, you can either buy a BP in full or split your points into buying fragments of a BP(s). 

• Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 439
    Idk, it was quite obvious to me, that those previously unused labs and factory levels would be needed for something, and the nearest "something" was T7, so i decided to max all that stuff first to be ready for such case. We had 4 months for labs and 2 months for factory/bay... this was enough.