Ship Token Riot - Prize Value Decrease

ironspam
ironspam
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 93
edited 5 Feb 2018, 9:03AM

The time token value for the upcoming Ship Token Riot appears to have decreased.  See screen captures for the "prior" and "upcoming" event stores below.

Total time tokens available decreased from 96 hours to 48 hours.  The intel required to collect all tokens remains constant at two million.

CM Chris, CM Lee: Please advise as to whether this is intended or not, and provide any color you can as to reasons.

Prior:

Upcoming (5-Feb-2018):

• jboder
    jboder
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 316
    nice example how kixeye treat with their players...

every cm stated he/she will do more transparency, better communication etc ... i am waiting eagerly when this happens.
  • black145
    black145
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 35

Great one more event to add to ignore list.

• Chaos Slayer
    Chaos Slayer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 100
    edited 5 Feb 2018, 11:08AM
    I'm totally discouraged to do any more riots. Maybe... just maybe the 165000 prize this time. If that's how it's going to be from now on, then I won't feel like doing it anymore. Pretty sure many players (who don't look at forums) will just drop it as soon as they see this nerf in the calendar.
    My fleet is growing!
  • THE-REVENGE1234
    THE-REVENGE1234
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 14

This community has lost its insanity.

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 2,100
    Welcome to Season 7
  • helloworldwhataday
    helloworldwhataday
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 88

Thanks to OP for posting hadn't realised. Free Monday night ,Tuesday now :)

• Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 559
    How much does this suck?

• THE-REVENGE1234
    THE-REVENGE1234
    Greenhorn

@Got No Coin said:
    How much does this suck?

150%

• shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 538
    Word cannot describe how much that sucks 
  • AngelOfVerdun
    AngelOfVerdun
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 403

Wow that is a sneaky change

Keeping the " (x2) " but replacing the actual tokens with tokens worth 50% of time.

So now we get 50% of token time ****, the Intel remains at 2 million!

I am assuming that the points payout from target fleets will also remains the same....

@CM Lee
    @CM Chris

Is this an error or oversight?

I mean we already got a reduction in daily BA cut in half... Now this? While the Intel to farm remains the same.... 2 million

• THE-REVENGE1234
    THE-REVENGE1234
    Greenhorn

@AngelOfVerdun said:
    Wow that is a sneaky change

Keeping the " (x2) " but replacing the actual tokens with tokens worth 50% of time.

So now we get 50% of token time ****, the Intel remains at 2 million!

I am assuming that the points payout from target fleets will also remains the same....

@CM Lee
    @CM Chris

I mean we already got a reduction in daily BA cut in half... Now this? While the Intel to farm remains the same.... 2 million

I don't think they're not aware.

• Yippee Ki Yay
    Yippee Ki Yay
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 212
    haha
  • AngelOfVerdun
    AngelOfVerdun
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 403

@Yippee Ki Yay said:
    AngelOfVerdun said:

haha

Hey u never know.... :-)

I ask of a potential error.. cuz one of the module token riots in early January had only 24 hours worth of tokens " (x1) " instead of " (x2) ".

They did fix it back to 48 hrs or x2 in the next riot.

• Yippee Ki Yay
    Yippee Ki Yay
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 212

@Yippee Ki Yay said:
    AngelOfVerdun said:

haha

Hey u never know.... :-)

I ask of a potential error.. cuz one of the module token riots in early January had only 24 hours worth of tokens " (x1) " instead of " (x2) ".

They did fix it back to 48 hrs or x2 in the next riot.

Yeah I remember that but this is just clearly a pre-emptive nerf for T7.
  • Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 559
    I ain't playin it if they are going to be playin us.

• horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 140
    It actually makes a lot of sense. Are players still doing this with less reward?
    Yes? Great, lets keep it this way.
    No? "Oops, last week accidentally the wrong tokens have been put into riot, here, have your old riot back."

Kix wants maximum time spent in game, maximum money spent in game with minimum reward given out, so it is in your hands how this will play out. Makes sense, yes? 
  • Simon_Po
    Simon_Po
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 180
    It actually makes a lot of sense. Are players still doing this with less reward?
    Yes? Great, lets keep it this way.
    No? "Oops, last week accidentally the wrong tokens have been put into riot, here, have your old riot back."

Kix wants maximum time spent in game, maximum money spent in game with minimum reward given out, so it is in your hands how this will play out. Makes sense, yes? 
    actually, maximum time spent in game isn't of any worth for them...thats just costs (cpu, power, cooling, bandwidth).
    the main kpi are coins sold and coins spend per player and day. and i think this kpi just went down the last months due to free refit-token.
    they need to make a living from this game, so i cannot blame them on making me pay.

But giving out something for free and then reducing it without any notice and explaination is just **** up the customers....kixeye is acting like a elephant in a china shop. but the elephant is able to learn and would not repeat the mistake.

• Daniel Rose
    Daniel Rose
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 631

Kixeye, the masters of pissing their customers off. I'm glad I didn't spend time making a fleet specifically for token riots :P

• DoooM4U
    DoooM4U
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 107

Kix, our time in this game cost more than this bs prizes!
    Last time i spent around 1 hour non-stop farming with 3 auto-fleets to achieve top prize. Total rep time was ~17-18h.
    Now i will skip this ****.
    Enjoy this riot alone, kix ******.

• Where is Andrea Nard? Usually faster to fly to kyx's help...

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,670
    edited 5 Feb 2018, 2:26PM
    At face value this seems to be very disappointing. What I don't know is if point payouts remained unchanged. I also do know what built and fit times will be for the next factor. But if all else remains the same and we only get 2 instead of 4 days for 2 million, I don't know if I will be as motivated to do the entire event as often as I have. I guess I'm glad I took advantage of it as much as I did before this change.  :/
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • LeonHall
    LeonHall
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 15

This is what happens when noobs moan about build times and demand a refit bay. Kixeye will always produce balance, you don’t get something for nothing.

• Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,130

If anything intel needed should be halved but as we all know kixeye don't give a hoot about their players.

• Orbem1
    Orbem1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 143
    LeonHall said:

This is what happens when noobs moan about build times and demand a refit bay. Kixeye will always produce balance, you don’t get something for nothing.

And where is the refit bay? , reduce the times of alien strike and now the token prizes, kix does not really want players of low or medium level.
  • Darren Barnes
    Darren Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 228
    what can i say. total :(  For the same amount of points as well - 2 million :(    :(    :(    :(