Shadow Ops - Hidden in Darkness Briefing

• nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 2,658

@snydersh said:
    nametagg0 said:

LoomingDeath said:

Just an idea, but what if the shroud of darkness makes it so that units can't hit the darkstorm.

not to be rude, but that would make it  way overpowered.

only if the aura is large. if the aura was lets say...200 and it made all units unable to attack, it would not be overpowered and could be very tactical for using it to disable units while long range things kill the target. but it would be susceptible to many things as it tries getting within that 200 range.

I figured he meant it as the unit is entirely untargetable except for by buildings.

@snydersh said:
    nametagg0 said:

questions about the darkstorm

*if this and a herald were on opposing sides would the effect affect the herald?

2-what effect does concussion resistance have? seemed like concussion was a guaranteed effect on hit like shock and scramble.

i assume you are asking about high altitude in general since reducing a heralds range is like reducing an elite riflemans health.
    and concussion resistance to my knowledge is about how long it takes for the effect to wear off.

Yeah but the herald seems to be the only high altitude unit to make for a while so its easier to just say herald.

Ty for the concussion resistance though. Sounds like the tech is pretty much pointless until lvl 3 then.

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • ERICHJBARON
    ERICHJBARON
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 28
    G.I.Josey said:
    Why does the "Darkstorm" look so mush like the Israeli Battle Tank the Merkava !
    Just like war rig was from the movie MAD MAX.
    Liquid E
  • Ronald8872
    Ronald8872
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1
    MERKAVA
  • Stijn_D01
    Stijn_D01
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 169
    snydersh said:
    nametagg0 said:

*if this and a herald were on opposing sides would the effect affect the herald?

2-what effect does concussion resistance have? seemed like concussion was a guaranteed effect on hit like shock and scramble.

i assume you are asking about high altitude in general since reducing a heralds range is like reducing an elite riflemans health.
    and concussion resistance to my knowledge is about how long it takes for the effect to wear off.
    I'm understaning Concussion resistance as a counterbuff to concussion. If an infantry unit is hit by a concussion shot the original time will be reduced by the percentage mentioned in the piece of tech.
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3,188
    Stijn_D01 said:
    snydersh said:
    nametagg0 said:

I'm understaning Concussion resistance as a counterbuff to concussion. If an infantry unit is hit by a concussion shot the original time will be reduced by the percentage mentioned in the piece of tech.
    as i said above.....
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)
  • gabriell33
    gabriell33
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 1
    legra traque omito
  • Athradites
    Athradites
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 9
    Instead of creating new weapons, why not upgrade all the original ones to OMEGA status or at least to today's standards of War Commander Evolution?  It would change strategy and tactics and pretty much go back the basics of the game again. 
  • Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,230
    edited 1 Feb 2018, 10:23PM
    G.I.Josey said:
    Why does the "Darkstorm" look so mush like the Israeli Battle Tank the Merkava !
    Spot On KIXEYE Figured it With the Darkstorm Good Catch
    Image may contain: text
  • hellraiser0474
    hellraiser0474
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 32
    kixeye please look into my game and please fix the problem so i can build my new unites and tanks please i have sent screen shots so please if u can fix the problem i will put more money in the game 
  • RVC DAN
    RVC DAN
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 432
    we want see new tank in action , maybe  @CM_Burny ; can creare video 
    TAO--DAN
  • Ulrich Wastian
    Ulrich Wastian
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 576
    well after the War Rig and Siege Squadron you already consider whether the effort with Shadow Ops is worthwhile ... a video with the unit in action would surely create clarity here!

Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are not safe

• Aka VEN0M
    Aka VEN0M
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 809
    G.I.Josey said:
    The war rig was from DEATH RACE (Jason Statham) mad max sucked
    lol
  • kixeyeuser_192312683_11692_4911930
    kixeyeuser_192312683_11692_4911930
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 49
    edited 3 Feb 2018, 3:03AM
    kixeye ops bases have super powered steriods,  again units and ops bases are way over powered , most players have lagg and game has built in lagg  so base is designed to cause major damage  no matter which way you try,  and most players units are not maxed as too many events, too many units to upgrade  and the 100 token bases are the same  ,  wake up  kixeye please,  your making it impossible to enjoy the game  even as a level 46, i am finding game too hard and find it frustrating to the point, i dont want to play anymore,  i love a challenge,   but this is just getting ridiculous 
  • siri.pannaga
    siri.pannaga
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 15
    Guys . . . Guys . . . do you really think Kix is going to give you a unit that has 1000 or even 600 range which will effectively reduce the range of the opposing toons/turrets, and you are going to hit them with your long range toons?????? Dream on . . . . . See what we will get!!! Its range will be around 300 and it needs to take a loooooooootttttt of damage to get near the enemy toon/turret and reduce its range so your long range toon can hit it without damage. Its another Avatar of Caretaker!!!! Play on COMMANDERS!!!!
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Guys . . . Guys . . . do you really think Kix is going to give you a unit that has 1000 or even 600 range which will effectively reduce the range of the opposing toons/turrets, and you are going to hit them with your long range toons?????? Dream on . . . . . See what we will get!!! Its range will be around 300 and it needs to take a loooooooootttttt of damage to get near the enemy toon/turret and reduce its range so your long range toon can hit it without damage. Its another Avatar of Caretaker!!!! Play on COMMANDERS!!!!
    well thinking about it from a business perspective since most players are disappointed with the siege squadron so they probably dont want to have another disappointment and potentially loose the profits from shadow ops due to players not wanting to coin bases that lead to nothing (meaning a higher chance for a good unit on the player end). besides the ability states it only affects units and bunkers, not turrets (as turrets are the blackout`s problem to deal with) and depending on how much the debuff is against affected targets it could be a really nice unit. (unless you are on the other side and its a pain in unmentionables) 

• snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    well thinking about it from a business perspective since most players are disappointed with the siege squadron so they probably dont want to have another disappointment and potentially loose the profits from shadow ops due to players not wanting to coin bases that lead to nothing (meaning a higher chance for a good unit on the player end). besides the ability states it only affects units and bunkers, not turrets (as turrets are the blackout`s problem to deal with) and depending on how much the debuff is against affected targets it could be a really nice unit. (unless you are on the other side and its a pain in unmentionables) 
    I think the unit is a cool concept, but the question is not "How much will it affect units and how much range will they lose"........the question is how close does it need to get to enemy units to cause this effect. If it needs to get withing 300 or 400 range to cause the effect then it is basically useless since at that point it simply becomes a "tank" unit....absorbing all the attacks because all the units it affects are likely still in range of it even when affected.  And even up to 600 or so, it is still questionably useful since all units, are generally protected behind turrets. maybe it can be used as a base defense unit.....reducing range of units and making them come closer......but on offense i think it will be limited use, unless it gets a ridiculous range and is overpowered.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    snydersh said:
    nametagg0 said:
    I think the unit is a cool concept, but the question is not "How much will it affect units and how much range will they lose"........the question is how close does it need to get to enemy units to cause this effect. If it needs to get withing 300 or 400 range to cause the effect then it is basically useless since at that point it simply becomes a "tank" unit....absorbing all the attacks because all the units it affects are likely still in range of it even when affected.  And even up to 600 or so, it is still questionably useful since all units, are generally protected behind turrets. maybe it can be used as a base defense unit.....reducing range of units and making them come closer......but on offense i think it will be limited use, unless it gets a ridiculous range and is overpowered.
    there are a lot of questions that would be asked.

• kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 557
    This seems like another unit meant to be part of a multi-unit attack, and not just a set-and-forget weapon of ultimate win.  No wonder people are complaining in advance, it is something that once again would require thought and planning to use. :dizzy:

• snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    This seems like another unit meant to be part of a multi-unit attack, and not just a set-and-forget weapon of ultimate win.  No wonder people are complaining in advance, it is something that once again would require thought and planning to use. :dizzy:

you clearly have not read the thread and why others and I think it might have issues.....if you are going to comment....at least be informed about what you are saying so that you dont look foolish.
  • RVC DAN
    RVC DAN
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 432
    TAO--DAN
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    stats are not usually finalized until a few weeks prior to release. If they release a video now and then decide it is too strong and nerf it before release many people will cry about being lied to about it in the video.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    snydersh said:
    stats are not usually finalized until a few weeks prior to release. If they release a video now and then decide it is too strong and nerf it before release many people will cry about being lied to about it in the video.
    wouldnt be the first time either case happened.

• snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    snydersh said:
    no, but why bother doing something good that precious few will appreciate, and if they do change it, almost everyone will hate on?
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    snydersh said:
    nametagg0 said:
    snydersh said:
    no, but why bother doing something good that precious few will appreciate, and if they do change it, almost everyone will hate on?
    they used to make shadow ops vids for units, 

• kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 800
    Could we get a HD image of the Darkstorm backround? I would love to use it as a wallpaper but it doesn't look so good.
  • CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 799
    Instead of creating new weapons, why not upgrade all the original ones to OMEGA status or at least to today's standards of War Commander Evolution?  It would change strategy and tactics and pretty much go back the basics of the game again. 
    You mean turning the legacy units into Gen I/II type units? Like Omega Riflemen? That would be pretty awesome.
    WC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 799
    Could we get a HD image of the Darkstorm backround? I would love to use it as a wallpaper but it doesn't look so good.
    I've been wanting to make a Wallpaper thread for you guys here on the forums but our artists are pretty swamped.
    WC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • rmcqu1
    rmcqu1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 301
    CM_Burny said:
    I've been wanting to make a Wallpaper thread for you guys here on the forums but our artists are pretty swamped.
    That would be awesome, especially since most of the recent images have been outstanding.
  • kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    kixeyeuser_1369478766759_18061_447417777
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 800
    CM_Burny said:
    Please make that happen.I love that Darkstorm image.All of your newer walllpapers/phoots are sick
  • kixeyeuser_216181693_27583_1565578
    kixeyeuser_216181693_27583_1565578
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2018 Posts: 1
    How do you play this game?