Shadow Ops - Hidden in Darkness Briefing

CM_Burny
CM_Burny
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,243
edited 1 Feb 2018, 1:03AM

Attention Commanders,

The Shadow Ops Campaign Operation: Hidden in Darkness is here! Unlock the Darkstorm by earning 8 Standard Darkstorm Parts, obtained by beating each weekly Shadow Ops Phase. The Darkstorm is the first Unique Ground Unit in the Corpus Faction. It wields a passive Cloud of Darkness that massively reduces the Range of affected units.

MISSION DETAILS

The Shroud of Darkness Campaign will run for a total of 3 months, with a break during each monthly Event. Each month will contain 3-4 Phases which last for 72 hours once you activate the Phase. You must complete Tier 3 in 8 of the 10 Phases to unlock the Darkstorm. During this time, specific targets must be destroyed to score points and earn prizes.

CAMPAIGN AND PHASE DETAILS

• Campaign Start: 10:00AM PST Friday, February 2nd

• Phase 2 Start: 10:00AM PST Friday, February 9th

• Phase 3 Start: 10:00AM PST Friday, February 16th

• Phase 3 End 11:59:59PM PST Thursday, February 21st

• You have 72 hours to complete a campaign from when you first start your timer. However, if you start your timer with less than 72 hours to go in the Phase, you will not get the full allotted time. Start your Ops early!

SHADOW OPS POINTS

• Attack Shadow Ops bases to earn points

• Up to 8,000 Shadow Ops Points can be earned during your Initial playthrough

• An additional +4,000 Shadow Ops Points can be earned with each replay

DARKSTORM

The Darkstorm is the epitome of Corpus: powerful, but extremely tactical. It perfectly compliments the Blackout, which can attack low-power buildings while the Darkstorm suppresses Bunkers and Units.

• Name: Darkstorm

• Class: Unique

• Type: Heavy Ground Vehicle

• Features:

• Cannon

• The Darkstorm uses a powerful burst cannon which can hit both airborne and ground targets

• Darkness Aura

• The Darkstorm has a swirling zone of darkness around it that radically reduces the range of all enemy units within it

ARMS CACHE PRIZE SYSTEM

• Complete Phases to earn Arms Caches

• Each Arms Cache Contains Components for the Breacher

• Replaying Phases grants a chance to win up to 3 Components per Cache

ARMS CACHE PRIZES

Deflection Shield

• Cache: Bronze Arms Cache

• Unit: Breacher

• Slot: Shield

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: Reduces Sustain Damage Taken by 5%.

• Lvl 2: Reduces Sustain Damage Taken by 15%.

• Lvl 3: Reduces Sustain Damage Taken by 25%.

Steady Shield

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: Reduces Damage Taken by 3%.

• Lvl 2: Reduces Damage Taken by 6%.

• Lvl 3: Reduces Damage Taken by 10%.

Resistant Gear

• Cache: Silver Arms Cache

• Slot: Gear

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: 25% Concussion Resist.

• Lvl 2: 50% Concussion Resist.

• Lvl 3: Concussion Immunity

Thermal Gear

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: 25% Cryo Resist.

• Lvl 2: 50% Cryo Resist.

• Lvl 3: Cryo Immunity

Steady Hand

• Cache: Gold Arms Cache

• Slot: Training

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: Reload Speed increased by 5%.

• Lvl 2: Reload Speed increased by 10%.

• Lvl 3: Reload Speed increased by 25%.

Storm

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: When under 50% Health, Reload Speed increased by 25%.

• Lvl 2: When under 50% Health, Reload Speed increased by 50%.

• Lvl 3: When under 50% Health, Reload Speed increased by 100%

Good luck, Commander.

WC & VC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • barandarbany
    barandarbany
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1
    wow very nice 
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 431

Cool i want me a darkstorm

• snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 3,459
    im a little confused by the darkness aura on the darkstorm......seems to be a cloud around the unit that reduces range.....but unless the cloud is about 600 range long it isnt much use. if its anything less than 300 range then all units affected are built for close engagements and wont really care about reduced range.
    don't read the post too long or you might not see me coming up behind you. ;)
  • Micaiah Stevens
    Micaiah Stevens
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,569
    edited 31 Jan 2018, 9:38PM
    snydersh said:
    im a little confused by the darkness aura on the darkstorm......seems to be a cloud around the unit that reduces range.....but unless the cloud is about 600 range long it isnt much use. if its anything less than 300 range then all units affected are built for close engagements and wont really care about reduced range.
    Yah I noticed that as well!
    Visual - I think its going to be like the Burnside burning aura, but instead for reducing the Range.
    Honesty the Range reducer will HAVE TO be about 1,000 plus.     If its 300, say you go against a Siege Unit (such as the Trac-R which has a range of 1200, but 0 within 300)  It would be worthless, by the time you get into 300 range of your opposing Siege unit is already negated.

IT COULD be like a moving debuff, SAY your at 1000 Range, your inside that, so it pushes back the Range of the Affected unit.  To say 900 since your within 100 of its 1,000 range.  Then you can keep pushing it back, until your within its unshootable area.

Credit: Mx36 or wherever he got the image, but here is my concept for the Darkstorm.

excuse my horrible artwork.

• hellraiser0474
    hellraiser0474
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 32
    hey can u all please look into my game and plaese fix it i can not build any toons or units at all i am putting more money on here to help inprove my game and to help me get stronger so please look into my game i cant build anything think you 
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,191
    Visual - I think its going to be like the Burnside burning aura, but instead for reducing the Range.
    Honesty the Range reducer will HAVE TO be about 1,000 plus.     If its 300, say you go against a Siege Unit (such as the Trac-R which has a range of 1200, but 0 within 300)  It would be worthless, by the time you get into 300 range of your opposing Siege unit is already negated.
    So it's going to be similar to the Radar Jammer, but instead of affecting the entire base, it will have a limited high range? 

P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • mark.hare.10
    mark.hare.10
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 7
    is there any way kixeye could make the air tabs in alphabetical order please ... and move air delta to the middle as it was the second heli pad before the third was released .. many thanks 

• DEAD-_-MAN
    DEAD-_-MAN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 3
    i think . he have bad form 
  • BradyBunch
    BradyBunch
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 615
    It should be useful for about 4 weeks. That's cool.

Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Make it count!
  • snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    MX36 said:
    So it's going to be similar to the Radar Jammer, but instead of affecting the entire base, it will have a limited high range? 

the only issue with this theory is this:
    "
    • Darkness Aura

• The Darkstorm has a swirling zone of darkness around it that radically reduces the range of all enemy units within it"

the aura is around the unit itself so it would need to be within a certain range of a unit to even have an effect at all.
  • G.I.Josey
    G.I.Josey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 426
    edited 31 Jan 2018, 11:32PM
    Why does the "Darkstorm" look so mush like the Israeli Battle Tank the Merkava !
    Keep your head down, your ammo dry and the FIGHT alive!  
    Stargate Command  - VEGA Conflict
    USMC - War Commander 

• Micaiah Stevens
    Micaiah Stevens
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,569
    snydersh said: :the only issue with this theory is this:
    • Darkness Aura

• The Darkstorm has a swirling zone of darkness around it that radically reduces the range of all enemy units within it"

the aura is around the unit itself so it would need to be within a certain range of a unit to even have an effect at all.
    Yah thanks all, I agree with Snydersh and a few people, who have seen it so far agree.  I think its lame and dumb, but thats how it reads.  More was fun to do a concept, but might be missing something; once your inside the range, kind of pointless.  Unless its massive.
  • Kar-Graal
    Kar-Graal
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,503
    edited 1 Feb 2018, 12:03AM
    MX36 said:

The Only Exception It Will not Affect Caretakers Absorption Aurora Regardless Of The Radar Jammer 
    Even If There Was Radar Jammer Were Out Otherwise If there was an improved version of the Radar Jammer Oni Mk ll These Days Might Have a Hard Time Taking Them Out As You Have Better Air Support Such As Level 5 NYX It Can be Taken Out With Less Repair
    [Defense Lab At Level 30 Unlock Just for Thoughts Only]
  • GHOSTstalker1
    GHOSTstalker1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 30
    Well, this sounds like it is a weapon that is overdue. Just hope it doesn't take one to take down the 70 bases to get it! LOL 
    GHOSTstalker1
  • mr.smith27
    mr.smith27
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 25
    CM_Burny said:

Attention Commanders,

The Shadow Ops Campaign Operation: Hidden in Darkness is here! Unlock the Darkstorm by earning 8 Standard Darkstorm Parts, obtained by beating each weekly Shadow Ops Phase. The Darkstorm is the first Unique Ground Unit in the Corpus Faction. It wields a passive Cloud of Darkness that massively reduces the Range of affected units.

MISSION DETAILS

The Shroud of Darkness Campaign will run for a total of 3 months, with a break during each monthly Event. Each month will contain 3-4 Phases which last for 72 hours once you activate the Phase. You must complete Tier 3 in 8 of the 10 Phases to unlock the Darkstorm. During this time, specific targets must be destroyed to score points and earn prizes.

CAMPAIGN AND PHASE DETAILS

• Campaign Start: 10:00AM PST Friday, February 2nd

• Phase 2 Start: 10:00AM PST Friday, February 9th

• Phase 3 Start: 10:00AM PST Friday, February 16th

• Phase 3 End 11:59:59PM PST Thursday, February 21st

• You have 72 hours to complete a campaign from when you first start your timer. However, if you start your timer with less than 72 hours to go in the Phase, you will not get the full allotted time. Start your Ops early!

SHADOW OPS POINTS

• Attack Shadow Ops bases to earn points

• Up to 8,000 Shadow Ops Points can be earned during your Initial playthrough

• An additional +4,000 Shadow Ops Points can be earned with each replay

DARKSTORM

The Darkstorm is the epitome of Corpus: powerful, but extremely tactical. It perfectly compliments the Blackout, which can attack low-power buildings while the Darkstorm suppresses Bunkers and Units.

• Name: Darkstorm

• Class: Unique

• Type: Heavy Ground Vehicle

• Features:

• Cannon

• The Darkstorm uses a powerful burst cannon which can hit both airborne and ground targets

• Darkness Aura

• The Darkstorm has a swirling zone of darkness around it that radically reduces the range of all enemy units within it

ARMS CACHE PRIZE SYSTEM

• Complete Phases to earn Arms Caches

• Each Arms Cache Contains Components for the Breacher

• Replaying Phases grants a chance to win up to 3 Components per Cache

ARMS CACHE PRIZES

Deflection Shield

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: Reduces Sustain Damage Taken by 5%.

• Lvl 2: Reduces Sustain Damage Taken by 15%.

• Lvl 3: Reduces Sustain Damage Taken by 25%.

Steady Shield

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: Reduces Damage Taken by 3%.

• Lvl 2: Reduces Damage Taken by 6%.

• Lvl 3: Reduces Damage Taken by 10%.

Resistant Gear

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: 25% Concussion Resist.

• Lvl 2: 50% Concussion Resist.

• Lvl 3: Concussion Immunity

Thermal Gear

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: 25% Cryo Resist.

• Lvl 2: 50% Cryo Resist.

• Lvl 3: Cryo Immunity

Steady Hand

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: Reload Speed increased by 5%.

• Lvl 2: Reload Speed increased by 10%.

• Lvl 3: Reload Speed increased by 25%.

Storm

• Effects:

• Lvl 1: When under 50% Health, Reload Speed increased by 25%.

• Lvl 2: When under 50% Health, Reload Speed increased by 50%.

• Lvl 3: When under 50% Health, Reload Speed increased by 100%

Good luck, Commander.

wow....
  • LoomingDeath
    LoomingDeath
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 2
    Just an idea, but what if the shroud of darkness makes it so that units can't hit the darkstorm.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,512
    Just an idea, but what if the shroud of darkness makes it so that units can't hit the darkstorm.
    not to be rude, but that would make it  way overpowered.
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 519
    This "Darkstorm" might be the best unit we ever had or the worst and glitchiest unit we ever had
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,512
    Kairento said:
    This "Darkstorm" might be the best unit we ever had or the worst and glitchiest unit we ever had
    then again we know nothing about its combat ability, so its utility could be g.o.d. teir but its ability to last in a fight makes it average, 
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Carride
    Carride
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,636
    MX36 said:

That'w why I fell alike but I can't name the thing which have came out before. 
    lol
    YOU WILL NEVER GET ME!
    What makes you doubt life comes when you feel you will never doubt your life again.
  • Carlos Guerrero
    Carlos Guerrero
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 19
    hey can u all please look into my game and plaese fix it i can not build any toons or units at all i am putting more money on here to help inprove my game and to help me get stronger so please look into my game i cant build anything think you 
    lol i'm be flat your **** daily now.....

• Margaretbailey
    Margaretbailey
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4
    would be nice to know what the stats are on new units as it would help to no whether it worth getting or not eg   start health and top heath and same for dps how much it cost to information go a long way to getting the best base and toons 
  • Margaretbailey
    Margaretbailey
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 4
    ps on my last post we need more space to put them in as 40 k is not enough u keep and giving us new units and no space for them  
  • hellraiser0474
    hellraiser0474
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 32
    can u guys at kixeye please look into my game and fix the problem  with my game i even put more money on here just to fix the problem and still the same i can not build anything other then air so please can u guys at kixeye please look into my game and fix it thank you very much

• snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    not to be rude, but that would make it  way overpowered.
    only if the aura is large. if the aura was lets say...200 and it made all units unable to attack, it would not be overpowered and could be very tactical for using it to disable units while long range things kill the target. but it would be susceptible to many things as it tries getting within that 200 range.

• snydersh
    snydersh
    Unicorn Overlord
    nametagg0 said:
    questions about the darkstorm

*if this and a herald were on opposing sides would the effect affect the herald?

2-what effect does concussion resistance have? seemed like concussion was a guaranteed effect on hit like shock and scramble.

i assume you are asking about high altitude in general since reducing a heralds range is like reducing an elite riflemans health.
    and concussion resistance to my knowledge is about how long it takes for the effect to wear off.