Sector Strike

Paul Crowe65
Paul Crowe65
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 143
what has happened to the Sector Strike Base attacks bar   is it a bug or is it a Kix Strikes again moment to make it harder for the mid lvl players???

@ CM Chris
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 1,200

Yep not showing, how long this been running??? lol

• Paul Crowe65
    Paul Crowe65
    Minor Nuisance

Yep not showing, how long this been running??? lol

about 30 min now 

• Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader

Meant how long this event been going since calendar showed up

• Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader

since new calendar was released

• Paul Crowe65
    Paul Crowe65
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 16 Jan 2018, 4:43PM

since new calendar was released

it rotates on a 2 day basis and triple stirke on 1st and 3rd sunday oh and since december 

• Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader

Thinking you missing my point, calendar was released beginning December, how many sector strikes have we had since then and now the vega base attack missing now after how many sector strikes? This should be a automatic trigger or someone flicks a switch but forgot to enable the bar.

• Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader
  • Paul Crowe65
    Paul Crowe65
    Minor Nuisance

Thinking you missing my point, calendar was released beginning December, how many sector strikes have we had since then and now the vega base attack missing now after how many sector strikes? This should be a automatic trigger or someone flicks a switch but forgot to enable the bar.

get ya now thought the question was aimed at me 
  • kyra.farthing
    kyra.farthing
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 12
    it isn't worth doing if there are no base hits, just stupid. Another kix screw up
  • Mech Monkey
    Mech Monkey
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 19
    way to go kix, another event you are ruining. geez, cant you guys get your act together. Pushing another season and you cant even keep the old events running right. You really need to fix the game before continuing forward and while your at it fix the build, repair and refit issues BEFORE the next season.
  • bupthou
    bupthou
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 2
    Sigh... It ruin my strike
  • Houka-4
    Houka-4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 172

Working as intended.

Statistics and data have shown that players are getting overpowered T5 technology too quickly with base hits enabled. There needs to be a natural (paid) progression up the tiers, or the game is broken.

The player base should get used to this new feature in the coming weeks, before Demon Corps Division fleets are finally retired, and Ancient Hive 100s replace them.

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,967
    Just a part of our working out the executional issues with Sector Strike. There's tech reasons why we can't have that bar in there moving forward, so we're removing it. We don't believe this meaningfully impacts progress, players are getting through Sector Strike even negating the points they get from siege strikes.
    WC:RA/BP Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • shyva prime
    shyva prime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 591

That is fairly lame to say in my opinion.
    No real answer to why this is happening except " tech reason "

Since you nerfed the intel payout drastically , for all the fleet and kept the base attack payout the same , it was one of the only way to get a lot of point quickly imo.

Now it's gonna take people a lot longer I feel like.

But then again I don't have access to the stats ..

• bupthou
    bupthou
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 2
    You should state it in your update instead of suddenly remove them
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader

Would have be nice to know beforehand Chris not that I need to do sector strike but for the many that still are, bit of a slap in the face to these players.

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    They are removing the bar I think and this is just me speculating, because when they had the triple strike during Defiance, the bars negated each other.   So instead of taking Siege Attacks out of the mains they took them out of the Sector Strikes.

If I'm wrong Chris can correct me. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader

Yeah but the ones not colliding can still have base attacks, like today's and weekends there is no featured events.

• Paul Crowe65
    Paul Crowe65
    Minor Nuisance
    CM Chris said:
    Just a part of our working out the executional issues with Sector Strike. There's tech reasons why we can't have that bar in there moving forward, so we're removing it. We don't believe this meaningfully impacts progress, players are getting through Sector Strike even negating the points they get from siege strikes.
    i can understand that entirely and for the most part people wont do the base hits for points its more of the communication issue that is alot of the problem a 30 sec second post to say we are removing the bar to balance things out more would be more aprreciated by the whole community 
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 744
    edited 16 Jan 2018, 9:02PM
    CM Chris said:
    players are getting through Sector Strike even negating the points they get from siege strikes.
    LOL, this is a very uninformative statement that justifies nothing. A statement that you more commonly see from a politician. Of course "players are getting through sector strike". But - the same number of players? More players? Less players?
  • Gary P
    Gary P
    Incursion Leader

More likely high mid to high end players that can breeze through ss without base hits, low to mid players, no chance.

• Ditomasso
    Ditomasso
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 64
    CM Chris said:
    What a worthless reason to skip our opportunity to score the extra basehit points. Cannot understand that you had the courage to write that down. showing off your incompetance and lack of players respect.

• duane.farthing
    duane.farthing
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 105
    This is a load of complete garbage and you know it Chris. Every chance some bean counter has the chance to screw over the player and you take it. you beef up the fleets, cut the points and time to do it just screw over the ones that are struggling to get stuff. I smell a lot of poo coming out of your statement. This is exactly WHY you guys need to fix this game and NOT proceed with the next season. Noobs!!!
  • SpikeBot96
    SpikeBot96
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 25
    This is complete BS and you think that this is a good thing for the low to mid level players. Pull your head out of you arse for once and LISTEN. Fix the game. Don't go into another season until you fix the issues you already have. geez!!
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    No it's really not complete BS.  Here I've decided to abuse my poor lappy and make some vids instead of always typing out what I do.   I'm going to have a Strike Strategy thread in the Strategy forum.   Here's the first couple vids.  Autoing some low level fleets in SS and hitting a Blitz 80 in AS.  Enjoy.

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/724623
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • gary.87
    gary.87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 252
    CM Chris said:
    do u get on this game and grind all day long. of do u do what the chest pounding ret..ards do and coin ur way through the game. oh wait u get unlimited coins cuz u work for them. this game is such a grind anymore i dont have time for it. i been grinding my **** off on this game and not really getting anywhere. and here my job is about to closer there doors and i been on here trying to get something done but i cant. u all make events imposible without loads of coins. so on that note FFFF...UUUUU...CCCKKKK UUUUU KIX i have had enogh of this ****. only way i will stay is if u hive at least double the points from fleets. i cant do event when im getting 8+ hours one one hit and only get 20k points.
  • EvilEVF
    EvilEVF
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 13
    Now i'm now able to claim NOTHING thanks kixeye :disappointed:
    VEGA
  • gary.87
    gary.87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 252
    CM Chris said:
    Chris do u try to bite ur ear when u get on here chest pounding with ur bull crap???
  • Abandon the Lemon
    Abandon the Lemon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 3
    edited 11 Feb 2018, 6:27PM
    Removing siege points reduces overall payout by about 50%, what bullsht is being sprung here? I used to have to grind but I did it anyway for that easy base payoff, now I have to slowgrind 30 lvl 50 fleets within 24 hours, no thanks. Also the siege corp gave a reason to upgrade your base outside of raids, and made it feel like you werent just wasting time & res on base setup.
  • Phil Hotka
    Phil Hotka
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 88
    Planet and sector strikes have some points issues.  Payouts are just too low.  For lower level people trying to get this stuff that cannot hit the top fleets (and in the case of planet strike, even the top fleet) it takes hours to get the ship/bp.  I agree you shouldn't be able to clean house on a one day event, but if you don't hit constant fleets, you don't get anything of value.  Kinda goes against the limited daily play strategy you guys do for the current end game stuff.

Also, the infernal weapons in planet strike is just a strange choice since the DC ships are in sector strike.  Lastly it doesn't seem like stuff really rotates.  There's none of the "old meta" weapons and equipment available in there ever.  Fusion thruster and meta shield would be a great addition to planet strike.

Good idea, still just a little rough around the edges is all