SIeGE SQUADRONE RANGE EXLPAIN ?

holger.schmidt.7509836
holger.schmidt.7509836
Potential Threat
Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 28
anyone can explain me ,the siege squadron healt and range ?

for example  a VK 1080,

if i fly with a omega PHANTOM straight over the base 1 times 

omega phantom have 800 range 4,400.000 health

afther this  the phantom have around 30% damage 

if i fly with the sige squadron straight over this base  1 times 

siege have 75,000,000 health and 800 range 

after the fly the siege  is 75 %  dead..

anothe   thing 

a hh 35... no unit what can do damage on a siege ... fly over this and siege become damage from this  base ...?? what the hell is this 

pls anyone can explain me this 

• Mark_F114
    Mark_F114
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 383
    i did two runs over a HZ45 medal base with the siege squadron and got 10 hours of repair. hunter missiles kick its but, so this unit is pretty much a waste of space  as all the latest bases have plenty of hunters in. without being able to control its run like the phantom this is a bout as much use as the kondor
  • holger.schmidt.7509836
    holger.schmidt.7509836
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 28
    this is what i mean..   hunter are 700 range  ,, why can the siege with 800 range not out of rage fly..   to stupid

• Mark_F114
    Mark_F114
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 383
    because its a dumb unit all we can do is launch it so range has no play in this it picks a random straight line path through the base
  • x4y4z4t4
    x4y4z4t4
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 178
    If I'm right, the 800 range of the Siege Squadron is the range where it starts to drop the Ravager.

e.g: You deploy a Siege Squadron in a base. The Siege Squadron will fly straight through that base's Command Center. When there is something approach it or it see something at 800 range, it will drop the Ravager. Rare case that there is nothing that is 800 range far from the Siege Squadron, it will drop nothing and continue to fly straight on its course.
  • cosmicwar
    cosmicwar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 193

for example  a VK 1080,

anothe   thing 

a hh 35... no unit what can do damage on a siege ... fly over this and siege become damage from this  base ...?? what the **** is this 

i have noticed an inconsistency with the health of the siege squadron, and i wonder if this is the reason why it takes so much damage.. i`ll explain: i have the elite version (level 2), if i look at the plane`s health  in the air platoon it is in, it shows 37.500.000 but if i check its health in the hangar upgrades it shows 112.500.000 for the elite version; now.. if you click on the omega version (i know it`s not available yet ) it will show what the health would be when you get the omega  and the amount is   112.500.000+37.500.000; if i click again on the omega tab then the health  changes to 75.000.000 which should be the health for the elite version or is it ? i`m confused myself but i just thought of sharing it
  • DOUBLE DOG
    DOUBLE DOG
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 3,978
    this is what i mean..   hunter are 700 range  ,, why can the siege with 800 range not out of rage fly..   to stupid

Remember anything that hits air can hit the seige squadron.Not sure why they even have a range on them the planes do nothing but fly over and drop ravengers.The health figure well i dont know what happened there.Any unit with those health numbers would be virtually indestructable.I think that both of these stats are typos that need to be corrected.
    What has happened to this once great game.
  • Perry299
    Perry299
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 3,722

for example  a VK 1080,

anothe   thing 

a hh 35... no unit what can do damage on a siege ... fly over this and siege become damage from this  base ...?? what the **** is this 

because both planes have different damage filters..... remember you have 3 ... area sustain burst
    "Don't cry, Don't whine, it's a strategic game so either you GIT GUD or you Go Home"
  • KILA_B1200
    KILA_B1200
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 253
    So the ravengers are suppose to be able to level up, how do owe do that, or is that automatic based on their fighting after it drops them.

• Grampa.D
    Grampa.D
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 295
    So the ravengers are suppose to be able to level up, how do owe do that, or is that automatic based on their fighting after it drops them.

Check for the obvious, the Academy!
    DLS
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,672

From the wiki ---> Hunter Missile Turret 

The Hunter Missile Turret fires two target seeking missiles.
    • Once locked on the target unit must extend the distance from the Hunter Missile turret to 1,000 in order to escape the its fire.
    • Targets that are locked on display a ( HunterMissile-Lock-ICON ) icon. 
    At any rate the 800 part of your statement is irrelevant because the Siege does a flyover its not a ranged weapon.  So no matter what the range says for the Siege the only range that matters is the Hunters.  If the siege comes within 700 of the Hunter it must then get to 1,000 from it to have the lock disengaged. So basically the hunter can it the siege for a max of 1,700 total distance if it flies directly over it. 

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• TroyW
    TroyW
    WC Mod
    Of course the holger.schmidt.7509836 said:

for example  a VK 1080,

This is because  a couple of reasons.. 

• First, the Siege follows a specific path 
      • It will initially enter from the direction of your base ( shown by the little jet on the HUD .... See Below ) . On following runs it will enter from different points ( not sure yet if its random or follows a set pattern ) unless you retreat it and re-deploy which resets it to the original entry point.
      • It will always follow a path that take it over the CC. If the CC is destroyed I believe the path then defaults to take it over the Center of the base.
    • The Phantom's path and time it is visible by defenses is set by you so if it is a tiny bit off the exposure to the defense is different.
    • Second the Siege has a speed of 5.0 and the Phantom has a speed of 8.0 so even if they fly the EXACT same path the Phantom will be exposed to the defenses for a MUCH LESS amount of time.
    • Third they might be vulnerable or stronger vs different Damage Types... Kixeye doesn't really tell use this type of info that often...

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• TroyW
      TroyW
      WC Mod

anothe   thing 

Not without more info .... there are SEVERAL different layouts with different defenses so I can't comment without know which .....

I can say that no matter which the damage will be low .... 

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• TroyW
      TroyW
      WC Mod
      cosmicwar said:
      i have noticed an inconsistency with the health of the siege squadron, and i wonder if this is the reason why it takes so much damage.. i`ll explain: i have the elite version (level 2), if i look at the plane`s health  in the air platoon it is in, it shows 37.500.000 but if i check its health in the hangar upgrades it shows 112.500.000 for the elite version; now.. if you click on the omega version (i know it`s not available yet ) it will show what the health would be when you get the omega  and the amount is   112.500.000+37.500.000; if i click again on the omega tab then the health  changes to 75.000.000 which should be the health for the elite version or is it ? i`m confused myself but i just thought of sharing it
      Sounds like a visual bug in the platoon Pop-Up. 

Not sure what you mean on the part about clicking on  the different levels in the Tech Center.  When you click on the Omega it should show the the health of the Elite with a + number for the omega, like you said. If you click on the Omega again all it should do is turn off the + numbers... if it shows the Standard health after this its another visual bug.... 

But the correct number will be what you see in the Tech center when you first open the Siege window. 

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• TroyW
      TroyW
      WC Mod
      By the way SORRY I have yet to get to the Wiki page ... I Will Soon, I promise !

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• Philip Foglar
      Philip Foglar
      Incursion Leader
      Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 1,371
      I am actually wondering if this unit will every be useful - just another War Rig white elephant suicide unit. If the Ravagers eventually become super strong and powerful where only one pass of this stupid fat plane is needed, then maybe, but so far I don't see that being the case. This unit should be classed as high altitude, and possibly have increased speed (less time to get burnt by Hunter), but as it is, it's just got too many things that can hit it to be worth deploying.