Make BP great again

ChadO
ChadO
Greenhorn
Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 9
It seems there is a lot of frustrated players throwing out a lot of negative thoughts in the forum.  I agree and have done my fair share of complaining.  However it would seem that all this hostility is accomplishing nothing except generating a lot of bad feelings.  Perhaps if we were to post some constructive ideas on what we think would improve the game, they might just happen.  So If you agree please add on to this with what you see has a problem and what would make it better.  This is a great game in concept and I want it to continue and improve.  
Bear in mind that coining is a fact of a free to play game.  Kixeye has bills to pay just like everyone else.  So as much as we complain about "Coiners" and it is "pay to win", it is required that there be some way to pay for the game.  I think it is only fair to pay for a service that I enjoy.  Also if a game is profitable it would continue to operate and continue to develop.
  • ChadO
    ChadO
    Greenhorn
    First problem is for new or returning players with tier 1 or 2 tech.  This is not functional in any event Forsaken mission or otherwise.
    Perhaps generate mission targets that require a certain tech level.  For example  If you are running tier 1 tech there are targets that only allow a tier 1 tech to attack.  If there is tier 2 tech or higher in your fleet, you may not attack it.  Then prizes for these targets would be tier 2 tech.  Then players could farm away and improve themselves.  Perhaps raids could run the same way.

• ChadO
    ChadO
    Greenhorn
    It also seems a lot of tech is available only in raids.  If you miss the raid or cannot compete in it you are out of luck.
    Why can there not be another way to obtain some of the fun toys that Kixeye has put out.  Even if it is a long or painful farming grind it would be nice if there was a way to farm or even "coin" some of the hulls and equipment.  Example the fangtooth seems like a required skirmish hull but there seems to be no way to get it unless you were in the raid where they put it out.
  • ChadO
    ChadO
    Greenhorn
    High Levels hitting low levels.
    All right this is a battle game.  Being attack is going to and should happen.  But having your dock knocked out constantly by the guy with the latest in conqueror hulls and toys to go with it while you are still running howitzer cannons and level 4 walls is just not fun.  I understand that there is already a cap in place to protect low levels, but maybe there should be a bit more in place to stop level 120's from pounding the pemican out of level 60's.
  • ke_boomboom002
    ke_boomboom002
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 7
    Hi ChadO,
    I seem to be in the same boat as you. (pun intended)

Anyway. I agree with your posts above and really like the game too. I have only been playing for about 6 months but have encountered the same issues as you. I especially like the idea of having a "back store" where players can purchase or grind for older / lower tech that would enable them to actually stand a chance of acquiring newer tech. 

For example. Whilst the Alloy Armor CL3 is available in the Siege raid for 300k. I cant hit the 41s so have no way to acquire the item. 

I think i read somewhere that the FM was meant to be the catch up task. If so then having a back store added to that would be awesome. 

• Quark01
    Quark01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 42
    What I dont see is newbies cranking out with seawolves and such trying to get to the next level - this games does nothing to attract a new player, at all. and is doing very little to keep the casual player. By the time I was able to get 2 zelos and 3 monos refit, they nerfed the FM - and I am certain that if I were to work to change the fleet, being a casual player, by the time its changed - the FM would be nerfed again...  I saw a lvl 116 coiner recycle every ship and building in his base  a few days before this raid. sad.. sad..