Sheilded Tac Sys 3 & Bucs

Barkus Tyler
Barkus Tyler
Skilled Warrior
Joined May 2015 Posts: 339
Does this special make a difference? honestly up until raid i forgot this thing even existed.  Before I embark on 6-7days of refitting for this special on my buccs I'd like to know how much it could help because it requires removing another helpful special,
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    edited 13 Jan 2018, 1:00AM
    I think it only makes a difference if you decide to sit in the tac fields generated by those water based towers......
    however, having that special for your base hitting fleets is definitely a plus
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Toshiyuki Morikawa
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 480
    Without knowing the other tech you're adding to the build, it's hard to say whether it will serve you well or not.  As CR pointed out, it's useful when you spend time in damaging fields.  But, if I remember properly from when they were explained by the rooster, charged armor will kick in BEFORE that.  So if you have enough charged armor to cover time spent in the damaging fields, you're probably better off going with something else.  If no charged armor, it may indeed help.  Again, hard to say without knowing exactly what else you're using.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,508
    It's good for the big fire from the cannibal wendigo looking turret. It also helps once you are drained of charged armor.

But it's better to get more anti to prevent rather than resist.
  • Sunan_Bonang
    Sunan_Bonang
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 204
    It's good for the big fire from the cannibal wendigo looking turret. It also helps once you are drained of charged armor.

But it's better to get more anti to prevent rather than resist.
    True! Its less than a day to refit. I sacrifice small amout of my raid pts to get instant refit and Happy for the result
  • BlueBallsPirate
    BlueBallsPirate
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 15
    theres another thread where a guy has them and his ships that have them equipped are taking more damage than the rest. i believe its under review so may want to wait to see how that turns out. look for his post is a similar title