Why sprints don't shoot at some missles in raid?

Arti.ptz
Arti.ptz
Greenhorn
Joined May 2016 Posts: 5
I try put a lot of sprints(tridents) on zelos. They shoot at executioners in 115 Fm, but not in MIRV parts of arc missile.
Also sprints(tridents) don't shoot at new big missile in raid. 
Phalanx shoot at them and other missiles too. This works as intended or wrong?

• The Qing
    The Qing
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 1,897

I believe this is intended. you'll need both countermeasures to shoot down all incoming projectiles.

Omae wa mou shindeiru.
  • sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 488
    Tridents are not shooting at the Hyena style missiles, yet Sprints are. 
    @Laredo

This is surely for the 'pass up'?
  • U C ME-RETIRED
    U C ME-RETIRED
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 602
    @Laredo

Must be with projectile speed i think Sprint has more projectile speed than tridents mod has to confirm tho
  • Jimbo073
    Jimbo073
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 600
    Sprint does have longer range I believe, so if it shoots at the Hyena then it will not shoot at the rocket.
  • Arti.ptz
    Arti.ptz
    Greenhorn
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 3:46PM
    @Laredo

What kind of "Hyena style missiles"? If in raid target which looks like base Hyena, then it fire rocket style shells. And tridents/sprints shoots them down.
    Both sprint and phalanx counters missile, but they have different damage type. So how can i find out what i should use in target before i try all countermeasures?
    Here some screens. (Right click, open image to see in full resolution)
    Zelos build Zelos with sprints shoot down raid hyena view turret rockets Zelos with sprints cant shoot down big missles in raid targets Grid monolith with phalanx try shoot down big missles in raid targets
    Sprint Phalanx
  • U C ME-RETIRED
    U C ME-RETIRED
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 602
    Arti.ptz said:
    @Laredo

What kind of "Hyena style missiles"? If in raid target which looks like base Hyena, then it fire rocket style shells. And tridents/sprints shoots them down.
    Both sprint and phalanx counters missile, but they have different damage type. So how can i find out what i should use in target before i try all countermeasures?
    Here some screens. (Right click, open image to see in full resolution)
    Zelos build Zelos with sprints shoot down raid hyena view turret rockets Zelos with sprints cant shoot down big missles in raid targets Grid monolith with phalanx try shoot down big missles in raid targets
    Sprint Phalanx
    Its better to use sprints than phalanx 4 sprint has more range than phalanx remember anti-missiles only shoots once at incoming missiles miss or hit does not matter
  • mike.scott.73307
    mike.scott.73307
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 514
    But Phallanx 4 accuracy can be boosted to much higher accuracy by several specials so really would like it to have longer range than sprint but best way to do that is with phallanx 4 on one ship and sprints on another

• Ruube1
    Ruube1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,374
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 7:40PM
    Ok.. There is something seriously wrong in targets. This first video is using Zelos ships and their build in Countermeasure. Those Countermeasures can shoot down MORTAR/MISSILE. So let see what they shoot down in 63 target.

Ok, so they shoot down the Cluster of Junk that leaves behind the FireField. They DO NOT shoot down the SINGLE Missile looking thing.

Then, let see what Phalanx IV shoots down, which can shoot down MISSILE/UAV. This is from Elite target, but it behaves in map targets the same way.

So, the Phalanx IV DOES NOT shoot down the same enemy weapons down as the Zelos does. They actually work totally opposite way. I tested that Buccaneer with Phalanx IV in same 63 target, and it worked like in the video, it did not shoot down the Cluster of Junk, but it did shoot down the Single missile, which the Zelos can not shoot down.

WHAT I'AM MISSING HERE?!? Something is clearly BROKEN! 

Update video, easier to see what i'm talking about.

• michael.west.750
    michael.west.750
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,337
    MY zel with pam4, trident, sprints, frontline countermeasure, and subaquatic does shoot down the magma missle cluster. Sometimes it doesn't though. Not sure why it does sometimes but not all the time. Also, it does shoot down the single missle. 
  • patrick ridsdale
    patrick ridsdale
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3
    i just did an 69 with my zelo's and there are shooting the missle down
  • corporate--greed
    corporate--greed
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 83
    and you surprized thing dont work right???
  • tyler.ward.581525
    tyler.ward.581525
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 152
    simple answer one is treated as a rocket while other is treated as a missle
  • Ruube1
    Ruube1
    Incursion Leader
    simple answer one is treated as a rocket while other is treated as a missle
    Yes.. i know. But i am not using any anti/counter weapons that can shoot down ROCKETS. Zelos can only shoot down missiles/mortar and the Buccaneer with Phalanx IV can only shoot down missile/UAV. Why those 2 ships are shooting down different turret weapons.

Zelos "Build in countermeasure" is shooting down turret that fires a Cluster of "Junk" and does not shoot down the single "missile" turret. Buccaneer "Phalanx IV" is shooting down the single "missile" turret, but NOT the Cluster if "Junk".. That is the whole point of my post. 

I will make it even easier to understand.
    1. If the Cluster of Junk turret is a rocket based, WHY is the Zelos "Build in countermeasure" shooting it down?
    2. If the Single "missile" turret is a rocket based, WHY is the Buccaneer with Phalanx IV shooting it down?
  • patrick ridsdale
    patrick ridsdale
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3
    becase kixeye want to make use coin's or have an long repair
  • Ruube1
    Ruube1
    Incursion Leader
    and you surprized thing dont work right???
    Not really.. i am all ready getting information about the STS3 special, for some reason that is making ship take more damage than other Buccaneers used in a fleet. All the Buccas has same specials using only 5 specials slots, but the one Bucca has also STS3 installed and it is taking more damage.
  • KPTNTDDY
    KPTNTDDY
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 71
    maybe the 'cluster of junk' is technically mortars?
  • Arti.ptz
    Arti.ptz
    Greenhorn
    USEEME said:
    Its better to use sprints than phalanx 4 sprint has more range than phalanx remember anti-missiles only shoots once at incoming missiles miss or hit does not matter
    Problem that SPRINTs and PHALNXs shoot at DIFFERENT shells. No way use one thing in raid. I know that i can use both sprints and phalanx and counter both turrets. But question was about sprint countermesure is broken or not.
    Hope some mods can see and answer the question.
  • Ruube1
    Ruube1
    Incursion Leader
    KPTNTDDY said:
    maybe the 'cluster of junk' is technically mortars?
    Nope, Gale does nothing in these targets.
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,278
    sprint has more projectile speed, reload and less weight, but phalanx can have it's range and accuracy boosted beyond the sprint. a phalanx with 100% accuracy is shooting down anything and everything it targets, especially when equipped to gridiron monolith or zelos.
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    because the single miss from canabal wendago looking thing is like a halo Phal 4 only thing to shoot it. The big cluster one looks like heyiana  is a rocket so spirit only thing to shoot at it. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    @Laredo

because the hyena one is a rocket Spirits shoot rockets the other one is more in coding lines of halo phal 4 shoots halo. 
  • Ruube1
    Ruube1
    Incursion Leader
    John1975 said:
    because the single miss from canabal wendago looking thing is like a halo Phal 4 only thing to shoot it. The big cluster one looks like heyiana  is a rocket so spirit only thing to shoot at it. 
    So, why Zelos is shooting down the Clusters of "rockets"? Zelos Duality Countermeasure can not shoot rockets down. 
  • sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 7:50PM
    John1975 said:
    @Laredo

because the hyena one is a rocket Spirits shoot rockets the other one is more in coding lines of halo phal 4 shoots halo. 
    Look at the BP for Trident, then Sprint, both shoot at the same things. Missile, Rocket, UAV. What the Sprint shoots at in the targets, the Trident doesn't.

Pass on my regards to Ray, he needs to come back.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Ruube1 said:
    John1975 said:
    So, why Zelos is shooting down the Clusters of "rockets"? Zelos Duality Countermeasure can not shoot rockets down. 
    I assumed you had spirits on the zellos didnt realize it was just he built in CM on the zellos.    Based on how they are in game I figured one was coded as a rocket and other as a halo which is why need both and one does not fire at the other. 
  • sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    SIF said:
    A lot of people here aren't getting it. Sprints are not firing at the missiles AT ALL. Even when no other turrets have been shooting at the player's ships to eat up the salvos. It's not a low accuracy and missing issue. It's a NOT FIRING issue, at the same projectile Phalanx WILL FIRE at, which is only missiles and UAVS, which Sprints should also fire at. Always.

This is still the case if there are no other antis in the fleet at all other than Sprints. You have to have both to even have a chance at knocking down the missile and the "rocket" throwers.
    Exactly this ^^^

• iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,551

Hopefully intended. It’s similar to arc missiles in the fm.

------------------------------------------------------
  • kixeyeuser_1383447206739_1830431718
    kixeyeuser_1383447206739_1830431718
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 46
    I want to know why after engaging an 80- series target, after the first salvo of weapons hits the floaters in the water, NOTHING on my fleet fires afterwards.  I just take damage and have to SWIM AWAY, SWIM AWAY and continue taking damage until I'm finally out of range.  WTF Kix?  No trouble with the 60 series targets.  Anyone else had this issue?
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 12,896
    As far as I know it is intended.

You want both types of countermeasures.

Sprints to counter the Fire Archer Turret (Hyena). This is for the rocket like turret that lights up an area with several fire fields.

Phalanx to counter the Shell Launcher Turret (Wendigo). This is for the turret that fires the single radioactive tracking missile.
This discussion has been closed.