Burny's Briefing Room Podcast Episode #2 - PVP

• sliltree
    sliltree
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 239
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 3:06PM

We need more storage for the upcoming units and plans it sounds like u have for the game -and not in the armory.

• Sam Ben ali Ben Moha
    Sam Ben ali Ben Moha
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 12
    hey sir
    have issues with warpath's prizes, haven't gotten yet the blood thorium, medals, and the Trophy 
    that from last pvp warpath's
    so why we play another pvp if we cannot get the prizes
    why issues not fix 
    my ID: 29742034 

• Shirley Brown
    Shirley Brown
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 7
    what about repair on men like operator or other that player use in pvp my not repair from last 3 event i will take them out if every get men are mess up fix
  • Muneeb..Shah
    Muneeb..Shah
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1
    fix  leaderboard  
  • gary larson
    gary larson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 583
    prublum with pvp  is two handed thing  frist is the repar times and bases so lagy most players cant even move in them   after today im sitting on about 40 hrs trying to defend agest such big players wich  sime to automaticl grab toons  wich im gessing has to do with lag

• TP157Spongebob
    TP157Spongebob
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 7
    AGREED..only a small amount are entering PvP due to too many requirements on the map (token bases/Omega,Elite Herald bases/ Boss Bases) etc. Only high levels that 1. will hit empty bases or 2. have completed all the above bases for requirements and can afford repair or 3. People hitting random hitters into sector will actually participate in PvP. So whats the solution Kixeye????? Currently I see lvl 41's that wont be hit due to them having high lvl technicals in their bases and am watching lvl 45-47 sitting dormant unless a random jumper comes in for PvP. Was this the plan......cause thats whats happening across MOST of the sectors......
    Nobody holds you down using technicals yourself... Finaly the defenceless have something to defend with now you gonna cry about it?  So you like to hit defenceless bases do you? 

• blade.e
    blade.e
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 339
    total waste of time first says yes to repair times being addressed to help revitalise pvp then says well actually no we are not going do jack chit for pvp.
    they turned a great pvp game with 4 million monthly user into a chit farming game . my long term friends are leaving because pvp is dead we want WAR player v`s player not farm commander . why not just try two months in this pvp season of low repair times and low cost to coin repairs . if there is no increase in pvp you can say we tried it still no one took part in pvp and revert back you lose nothing
  • FADIN76
    FADIN76
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 38
    i think if the storage will be opened to double that will help making more units to use and still can carry on with huge events numbers coming and reducing the repair time and GOLD prices we need more monthly offers  
  • Dune Rader
    Dune Rader
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 795
    Well  were do we start , PVP  was short to long wars depending on if the other players was on a rad  or trying to take over the sector.

There was no infamy you defended or attacked depended on if it was your sector or not.

These were normally  done  about a week after a event as that is all we had back then and it gave us time to get res and upgrade what ever we were able to get from the prize store.

There was PVP on those who broke sector rules and those who continued to do so were jailed, this is still on going even now.

Over time in the 5 to 6 years I have been playing the amount of things we have to do has increased and the time to do repairs, get the required res and thor has increased with min compensation in return.  

So over time with the increase in work load and cost of units required as well as the time it takes to upgrade has put PVP to one side for most players.

The idea of PVP platoons with a reduction in repair times has been a good one, but  players still have to use their main units for events ect, getting res and thor as well as medals and the main units are the ones that are required for most PVP attacks.  So unless you take the time to move them from one section to the other you will always end up with an expensive repair.

The average **** low to mid level player will have about a weeks worth of repairs after an event then you have shadow ops after that or some other after it as well as getting res for repairs ect , so there is little time in which to do PVP  some thing that was said before.

Yes the players are passionate about the game  and when I first come to the forums I complained about how much negativity there was, but I was informed it was people just letting off steam and it shows their concern.

What we know and i mean the long term players is how good this game was and still could be.  But it takes all of us, the community, Kixeye to communicate for all our mutual benefit.

I have seen many times players saying that Kixeye do  not read or act a pone what we put down but I have seen things I have said in the past show up even though it was any thing up too 6 months latter.

The reason why many feel this way is that no one gives any real feed back or recognition in suggestions  and when it has it has been  vague so  players feel their voice goes unnoticed.

It would be good for Goldendoodle, Wrongthinker and your self CM Burny on a show with Dr Phill, and Royboy with  a member from each show to as Dr Phill says "have a chat " , we understand not all questions could be answered but it may help with the seemingly communication problem between the players and Kixeye.

May be with a reduction in all the farming that is required and the time it takes to repair things as well as upgrade times and a reduction in dollars to gold price with a more spread out time table on things then we just may have more time to PVP like we did and that just may help in bring in new players that should be given at the start units that would make them more relative to the game as it stands.

It comes down to value or bang for buck and if people dont see that value for the time and monies they would spend then they dont play and we all need new and up and coming players.

So will any of this be noted and acted a pone, will it be trolled, will it be removed by a mod,  will any one agree?  Personally I don't know ,  I have my doubts and would be told I have wasted my time again in forums.

Prove them wrong gentlemen, it is up to you.

Dune.
    Respect, Courage and Wisdom
  • TC GYRO
    TC GYRO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 41
    CM_Burny said:
    Commanders,

Burny's Briefing Room Episode #2 is now available! Thank you to everyone who submitted questions; we unfortunately were not able to answer every single one, but we will leave this thread open for some additional discussion.

Also, feel free to let us know what topics you might like to see discussed on Episode #3! Thanks for watching.

Warm Regards,
    CM_Burny
    years ago if done more than 5 attacks extra points where awarded egpayout now is 60,000 if u done 10 or more80,000 so on an so on . iv done at times10 or more an only got 60,000 .also flash drive is hopeless crashing all time restricting abilatly to attack higher opps/bases an in events ,  i know u blokes put up with a lot of abbuse  not wanted ..just try to fix existing problems instead of proceeding  beyond  ur abilites  , thank guys
  • Nick Nick83
    Nick Nick83
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 39
    Just watched the podcast........a lot of concrete is needed it seems.....will this concrete be used to help Harbin swim with fishes?

• Deacons
    Deacons
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 828
    why cant you reduce the capacity size and repair time for LMT, LLT and LHF  surely the few programmers you have left are capable of doing a small thing like that . sickens me to think all the time and resources put into them and there workshop tech was for nothing
  • DOUBLE DOG
    DOUBLE DOG
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 4,422
    The problem with pvp is they are constantly flip flopping with it.They come out with a new powerful unit that is virtually unstoppable,its remains that way till they introduce a counter for it and then the power shift goes back to the base defence.Back and forth they have been doing this since they went to the world map.Also another factor is the crazy repair times and gold cost to repair these temporary super units.I think they think we are all made of money or have a big ole money tree growing in our backyards.They need to come back down to earth and join the rest of the populaton.
    What has happened to this once great game.
  • Roy Pierson89
    Roy Pierson89
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 5
    why does the care taker die from mines so fast 2 hits and their dead mine is lvl 4

• Andrea_Ita
    Andrea_Ita
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 64
    1) Fix Leaderboard
    2) continue to reduce time repair  increasing also numbers of pvp toons
    3) let us decide what to repair and not as now that you can t disband a toon if not 100 %
    4) Give Medals for Pvp
    5) Ban cheaters e fix bug

thank you 
    AT
  • Remigijus777
    Remigijus777
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 54
    number 1 priority need to be to ban cheaters!  who yuose fake gold to move to pvp platons from standart
  • steven.hunter.319
    steven.hunter.319
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 55
    TS-Turtle said:
    AGREED..only a small amount are entering PvP due to too many requirements on the map (token bases/Omega,Elite Herald bases/ Boss Bases) etc. Only high levels that 1. will hit empty bases or 2. have completed all the above bases for requirements and can afford repair or 3. People hitting random hitters into sector will actually participate in PvP. So whats the solution Kixeye????? Currently I see lvl 41's that wont be hit due to them having high lvl technicals in their bases and am watching lvl 45-47 sitting dormant unless a random jumper comes in for PvP. Was this the plan......cause thats whats happening across MOST of the sectors......
    Nobody holds you down using technicals yourself... Finaly the defenceless have something to defend with now you gonna cry about it?  So you like to hit defenceless bases do you? 

The point is...not me thats got the issue, at no point did I state THAT I HAD THE PROBLEM. I will quite happily hit fully defended bases at a repair cost...there is the issue with others not WANTING to participate due to Kixeye repair times and costs, hence the 10% participation. People would much rather sit and wait for a jumper with infamy so that it reflects the cost of spending 7hr upwards repairing that toon. Thats the issue...so crying? I think not! But thanks for your input.....
  • steven.hunter.319
    steven.hunter.319
    Potential Threat
    TS-Turtle said:

The point is...not me thats got the issue, at no point did I state THAT I HAD THE PROBLEM. I will quite happily hit fully defended bases at a repair cost...there is the issue with others not WANTING to participate due to Kixeye repair times and costs, hence the 10% participation. People would much rather sit and wait for a jumper with infamy so that it reflects the cost of spending 7hr upwards repairing that toon. Thats the issue...so crying? I think not! But thanks for your input.....
  • steven.hunter.319
    steven.hunter.319
    Potential Threat
    All I'm going to say is...people are leaving....why? If you go back 4 years ago...probably the best game EVER.....some issues but loved it, loadsa people joining and continuously playing cause they enjoyed it, now they come on to win tokens/boss bases etc. Thats it! Now a "nothing special" game. Kixeye need to revert back (which I have sent in a mail to them previously) after I see so many long time players leaving because "games gone to the dogs". 4 Years Ago= No boss bases/token bases etc....PvP was an all time high...guys got bored, got together and decided to RiD a sector. Thats what we did....what we enjoyed.....how we learned! Now, if you dont do the bases= you dont have the toons= you cant participate in PvP. Really not rocket science...everyone can see it apart from Kixeye!!!!
  • steven.hunter.319
    steven.hunter.319
    Potential Threat
    Also, when are you going to do your job when it comes to reporting inappropriate comments? There are at least two people who should be permanently banned from the game. Kixeye has ignored every single one of the reports and those two players are still active. It's embarrassing and I'm about to find other avenues to show just how bad it's gotten if Kixeye doesn't do something about it. 
    TOTALLY agree, I see a couple of players also, who have been banned, after insulting women (of the worst verbal type) and wished CANCER on various players, claiming to be a players dad (who had recently passed away). Now, knowing that a lot of people have encountered some sort of problems whether medical/family, a player being banned for 3-5 days every couple of weeks is not adequate. Kixeye should be STOPPING their accounts, they should REALLY crack down on this, as this is also a reason why people log off, dont play again, cant be assed with the game anymore. There is an element of NEGLECT from Kixeye...maybe this is the avenue your are looking towards Warriors1234.
  • Benny_W12
    Benny_W12
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 3
    priority need to be to ban cheaters!
  • ZEESHAN-88
    ZEESHAN-88
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 32
    Hi all,
    According to my point of view PVP is long gone story now a days, even good fighters dnt fight as they did in past. the only difference is there were very low Repair times and low Repair costs. 
    Kixeye if you want to make this game good again and want more and more players to be back in game, you should mainly focus on repair cost and repair time. this should be reduced 50-60 % at least.
    JIXIANG
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,348
    If you want to increase PVP you need to do the following;

1. Either start banning people for using an auto-clicker or give us all a 1-click attack so the fastest person actually wins the race.

2. Get rid of the retreat button for platoons or make the platoons take damage when the button is used. It's not right that when you actually beat someone & grab their platoon they can just safely return it home with no consequences.

3. Get rid of unlimited free jumps. You don't have to go back to only 1 free jump for week, but there has to be some sort of limit of at least several hours. If they want to jump more often then that they can coin like we used to do.

4. Start actually punishing cheaters - taking away cheated components or giving them a 24-hour ban is not enough. They either need to be banned permanently (which is what the "zero tolerance" in the TOS actually means) or they need to have their units taken away & their upgrades reset.

5. Give players a way to break the so-called "ring of fire" where everyone using a mini account to protect their base so no one can get in (while at the same time they can still deploy over the plats that are locked in attack). The 1-minute timer to deploy units is not enough; you need to make it so that if the attacking player is not actually attacking & destroying units (or if they leave the battle) then the attack ends. 

6. 7 minutes is too long for a platoon battle so it should be reduced.

7. 7 minutes is too short for a base attack so it should be increased (same for PVE, you have these bases loaded with 10 times as much stuff but the 7 minute timer has never been increased since the game was created 6 years ago).

This would be a good start towards fixing this broken system - then maybe when some players returned they would stay instead of quitting again...
  • Storm_Twist
    Storm_Twist
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 30
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 4:05PM
    The board of Siege Elite say Health Elite 112,500,000 when you go to platoons say 37,500,000.
    I just came here because i cant go on surporte and contact you guys, some rewards always grateful.
  • Alok r
    Alok r
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 559

@Nucking Futs said:
    Only 10% of the player base does PvP because it is soooo expensive to do.  Repair times are crazy high and gold cost are as well.  If you would reduce repair times and gold cost by 50% at least, PvP would take off. You would see close to 50% or more doing PvP if that reduction happened. 

Pls provide the source of this statistic. And fyi the repair times for PvP platoons are already 50% reduced. Did you just come out of cryo sleep?

• CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,298
    If you want us to fight each other the PVP has to cost less as far as repairs..upgrading/resource grind etc does not bother me but the repair cost does.
    This is something we touched on briefly in the podcast. The team is open to looking at PVP repair costs further, but it will take a bit of time to do a deep-dive analysis.
    WC & VC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
This discussion has been closed.