WE NEED MORE FLEETS

MarvinBerry
MarvinBerry
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 25
As it currently stands we only have 7 fleets available, out of these 7 i (normally) have two for guards, one repairing and 3 for my Jav. Leaving me with one fleet (unless i continuously remove my jav guard fleets). With the current gating system this is RIDICULOUS! Please can we get more fleets even if we can only fly 7 at a time. Something needs to be done, If its changing the gating system back to the old one gate or giving us more fleets, something needs to change. @CM Chris Please give us some info on this, i really hope its not "working as intended"
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,648
    The fleet limitation to 7 is mainly due to the mobile interface. 
    Having more fleets would be good, however it seems you are not making a good use of your fleet slots, using 5 of those as guards...
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,692
    Having more fleets would be good, however it seems you are not making a good use of your fleet slots, using 5 of those as guards...
    Exactly, so it is working as intended but...

People suggested there would be some presets of fleets that u can swap out to these 7 fleet positions at once not one ship at the time. That would  probably help a lot but have not heard anything from kixeye about this.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 2,100
    Who uses/wastes 2 fleets as base guards.... **** i remember when it used to be a sport to go around and smash guard fleets just for giggles, especially just before a main event.

I still laugh when one day me and my team mates saw a person with all 7 of their fleets guarding their base less than 12 hours before a main event... so we paid him a little visit..... we estimated his repair time at about 3-4 days (back when the long fleets were about 12-15 hours dead)
  • MarvinBerry
    MarvinBerry
    Potential Threat
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 1:36PM
    Who uses/wastes 2 fleets as base guards.... **** i remember when it used to be a sport to go around and smash guard fleets just for giggles, especially just before a main event.

I still laugh when one day me and my team mates saw a person with all 7 of their fleets guarding their base less than 12 hours before a main event... so we paid him a little visit..... we estimated his repair time at about 3-4 days (back when the long fleets were about 12-15 hours dead)
    when you can guard the fleet guarding your base you can force them to have to fight a much higher lvl fleet then the one they can hit with , I myself use to go around killing guards too but the new guarding thing changed that

for example, my base is a lvl 70, i guard my base with a 81 and guard that 81 with a 94, if they are coming to hit my base they can only hit the base with a 81 and the hit goes to my 94.
  • MarvinBerry
    MarvinBerry
    Potential Threat
    I like the suggestion of "presets of fleets that u can swap out to these 7 fleet positions at once not one ship at the time" that would solve the problem as it takes to long to find and add ships one by one 
  • RealGammaHawk
    RealGammaHawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 194
    RaniRahn said:
    Exactly, so it is working as intended but...

People suggested there would be some presets of fleets that u can swap out to these 7 fleet positions at once not one ship at the time. That would  probably help a lot but have not heard anything from kixeye about this.
    Well, it is a good idea so you will not hear from Kixeye about this :p
  • Noah Larscheid
    Noah Larscheid
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 2
    As it currently stands we only have 7 fleets available, out of these 7 i (normally) have two for guards, one repairing and 3 for my Jav. Leaving me with one fleet (unless i continuously remove my jav guard fleets). With the current gating system this is RIDICULOUS! Please can we get more fleets even if we can only fly 7 at a time. Something needs to be done, If its changing the gating system back to the old one gate or giving us more fleets, something needs to change. @CM Chris Please give us some info on this, i really hope its not "working as intended"
    No what we need is more ship slots in a fleet
  • Uwrekd
    Uwrekd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 164
    when you can guard the fleet guarding your base you can force them to have to fight a much higher lvl fleet then the one they can hit with , I myself use to go around killing guards too but the new guarding thing changed that

for example, my base is a lvl 70, i guard my base with a 81 and guard that 81 with a 94, if they are coming to hit my base they can only hit the base with a 81 and the hit goes to my 94.
    I didn't know you could chain like that. Will have to test.
  • MarvinBerry
    MarvinBerry
    Potential Threat
    edited 13 Jan 2018, 4:04AM
    @CM Chris Do you even reply to posts anymore or do you just ignore them all? 
  • Seardluin
    Seardluin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 262
    weekend, so he actually goes home for it and deals, sometimes, with the kaos on his Monday.

but yeah you are right, barely responds these days apart from the occasional replay in the discussion threads for whatever has been decided in the Kix think-tank
    Sarcasm is implied where you think it is implied.

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,648
    Have you ever wondered that has become an habit to tag the CM even for the silliest questions? and if the OP forgets to do so, some other posters will tag him? The forums are not a Q&A with the CM, he might reply to some questions but since several players already replied to the OP what is the point to ask him to get a reply? You already got the info based on what is available, and unless something changes the CM has no reason to reply.

Otherwise we change the forums to a Q&A with CM and devs and nobody else should reply...
  • Sovereign42
    Sovereign42
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 35
    Have you ever wondered that has become an habit to tag the CM even for the silliest questions? and if the OP forgets to do so, some other posters will tag him? The forums are not a Q&A with the CM, he might reply to some questions but since several players already replied to the OP what is the point to ask him to get a reply? You already got the info based on what is available, and unless something changes the CM has no reason to reply.

Otherwise we change the forums to a Q&A with CM and devs and nobody else should reply...

You mean like this?
    @ CM Chris - You always say PST when you post times... don't you mean PDT at least half the time?
    @ CM Chris - Why do you treat players like they're a bunch of whiners?
    @ CM Chris - Do you like pickles?
    @ CM Chris - Why don't you spend your entire day answering the 1,423 posts that tag you?
    @ CM Chris - Do you find us players annoying?
    @ CM Chris - Do you like Gladiator movies?

• MarvinBerry
    MarvinBerry
    Potential Threat
    edited 13 Jan 2018, 10:10PM

I was never looking for player feedback, i wanted to know if Chris knew (as he is the one to most likely know about my question) if anything is going to happen in relation to the current gating and fleets. I read the forums often and he barely ever replies to posts, he just relays them to the game team leaving us with no clue whats going on. 

even a reply of "nothing at this point" or "we are looking into it" would be appreciated as it gives us an idea of whats going on, ignoring posts doesn't help no matter how you wanna twist it 
  • Seardluin
    Seardluin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 262
    Have you ever wondered that has become an habit to tag the CM even for the silliest questions?

Habit not necessarily.

and if the OP forgets to do so, some other posters will tag him?

Ever thought he might no know how???

The forums are not a Q&A with the CM, he might reply to some questions but since several players already replied to the OP what is the point to ask him to get a reply?

Player responses might have the correct information about somethings, are not 'official'.

You already got the info based on what is available, and unless something changes the CM has no reason to reply.

Technically yes he does have the answer, but once again, not an 'official' response.

No harm in asking for clarification from an official source, O Master of the Narc.

Still up to Chris to respond.

Sarcasm is implied where you think it is implied.

• Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 728
    no point in guarding your base with fleets it cost valuable repair time lol.
  • Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 728

LOL the higher the fleet level. The higher the repair time  lol pick your poison, guess some will never learn that no matter what. Bases have turrets for a reason and those that guard their bases are the ones gonna end up getting hit first, it shows Weakness lol.
  • gary.87
    gary.87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 250

same thing i do to guard my base with vindacaters.
    I like the suggestion of "presets of fleets that u can swap out to these 7 fleet positions at once not one ship at the time" that would solve the problem as it takes to long to find and add ships one by one 
    it really dont take long if u know where the ships are. but yes would be easyer.
    this is why i posted last week if he is still around lol.

• mstoik37
    mstoik37
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 101
    its been awhile fellow rebels