Changes to Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-C

• Ripper12493
    Ripper12493
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 323
    I have a question for Kixeye or anyone else for that matter who knows the answer. IF you take a look at the other Charged Armors we already have, I have noticed looking at those stats that some only have a reduction of a few hundred. Take for example the CO charged armor. It has a reduction stat of just 525 and a pool of 63750. This is MUCH lower than the Ballistic C armor. DID YOU REDUCE THESE AS WELL? Unfortunately I didn't screenshot these prior to this NERF er "adjustment". Do they look the same to everyone? I would like to know. Thanks
    If i remember correctly the co armor was the same during the assault raids.
    Rising Shadows: 306 mil
    Utopia: 821 mil
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,378
    Coventry said:
    It's a trap!!! Now that the "community" has voiced their opinion, now Kixeye can slide it back a little and the "community" will pat themselves on the back with how they pushed Kixeye around. Kixeye gets their extra coin and the "community" gets to feel important to the process.
    There is little doubt you are correct here. But-as history will tell you-there are a couple of problems. First, many people that play this game have more money to flush down the toilet than they can spend-so they just don't give a crap how much things cost-period. it means NOTHING at all to them and they don't care in the slightest how it affects others-for the most part wealthy people are selfish-fact. Next-IF people STILL SPEND MONEY-Kixeye wins and won't do a thing-because as you know money talks-when their income drops they will take notice-otherwise our complaints are on deaf ears. This is reality. Not enough people that play care enough to slow their income. Until they do-NOTHING will change.
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 5:35AM
    I have a question for Kixeye or anyone else for that matter who knows the answer. IF you take a look at the other Charged Armors we already have, I have noticed looking at those stats that some only have a reduction of a few hundred. Take for example the CO charged armor. It has a reduction stat of just 525 and a pool of 63750. This is MUCH lower than the Ballistic C armor. DID YOU REDUCE THESE AS WELL? Unfortunately I didn't screenshot these prior to this NERF er "adjustment". Do they look the same to everyone? I would like to know. Thanks
    Other armors, especially 1st ones, had those lower numbers.

It was the C1C charge who had an insane number versus the others, hence they OP ness. I knew it when i saw the preview that number seemed to high. Ship took basicly no ballistic dmg (or minimum dmg) with only 1 plate.

Them nerfing them isnt what is outrageous, they were OP, it them doin it (and announcing it) less then 24hour before the raid that is. Many went the 1 C1C cause a second wasnt needed. With the nerf, you ll most likely need a second one and take ballistic dmg this time around.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,378

It was the C1C charge who had an insane number versus the others, hence they OP ness. I knew it when i saw the preview that number seemed to high. Ship took basicly no ballistic dmg (or minimum dmg) with only 1 plate.

Then nerfing them isnt what is outrageous, they were OP, it them doin it (and announcing it) less then 24hour before the raid that is. Many went the 1 C1C cause a second wasnt needed. With the nerf, you ll most likely need a second one and take ballistic dmg this time around.
    Thank you for that response-THIS is what I needed to know. This tells me that yes, Kixeye DID nerf it BUT it is not too far out of line with the other armors.

• AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 6:18AM

Then nerfing them isnt what is outrageous, they were OP, it them doin it (and announcing it) less then 24hour before the raid that is. Many went the 1 C1C cause a second wasnt needed. With the nerf, you ll most likely need a second one and take ballistic dmg this time around.
    Thank you for that response-THIS is what I needed to know. This tells me that yes, Kixeye DID nerf it BUT it is not too far out of line with the other armors.

If they rebalance the target properly with new pool/absorption number, they should work like past charged armor in performance, yes.

Imagine if they increase the dmg to counter those high absortion and pool numbers. Turret would have 1 shot bucc/hydras without any armor. So i beleive the balance reason to be an honest one.

But again, the timing is what is wrong. Im sure they knew the issue with them since the 1st preview roughly a week ago and could have announced it then or at least warned. But no, they waited less then 24 hours before event, giving little time to adjust/refit with plates taking 35h to refit each.
  • mark711craps
    mark711craps
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 375
    Are you **** kidding me kixeye.   **** u i'm done. u **** crooks.

• dm vc
    dm vc
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 730
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 5:44AM
    BeenBad2 said:
    A 90% nerf to a key armor to invalidate a fleet we have coined to get ready for the raid and that SHOULD take little damage??? The armor that players spent time and money on to get 120 MILLION RAID POINTS a month ago??? This is bait and switch, and such a hard slap in the face of all your customers, I stand here and can only shake my head in disbelief. You pulled some dire stunts in my playtime, but this is the worst and most shameless by far. I guess the business strategy for 2018 is "stamp on them hard"?
    It's bait and switch and anyone who bought coin to do raid with PayPal or a CC needs to contest the charges for this bullship Kix is pulling now. Basically, we paid for a product that now has been revoked. Either they give us 3 more slabs of armor for each one we purchased in raid or they refund our coins. Charged ballistic armor is new, but radio plates been around for a long time. Suddenly they are too strong as well? Its a ploy to cause more damage to you all around weather base hitting F2F, camps, or raid. Get in touch with your credit card company and contest the charges asap. They are trying to pull the plug on us so they can skate with the profits and not have to support the game anymore. The more that leave the game the closer they are to their goal of shutting down.

or change our path in a direction to bring the game back to fun - if alliances or sectors reserected old players from level say 11-55 to jump back in - they don't need to play just log in regularly - numbers are up and low level bases are up --- seen a player get over 150 mil hitting 40s - must have been crazy seat time (but he did say he was getting over 1 mil every half hour) he didn't have fangs or mk's but I can't recall what he was using for sure but it might have been tides - 70 hours over 6 days - many of us our not up for that kind of grind but if more players are logging in instead of less - maybe they wont be able to toss the game in the garbage along with everyones hard earned money and time :) - and people willing to grind, can - we need to just put our minds towards finding positive solutions to encourage them to stay within a semi reasonable path - because even if you bought a bata machine it really didn't matter when vhs won the battle all bata machine owners lost (beta machines were a type of vcr tape, which were not the same size as the vhs tape, if I recollect correctly) not enough demand for beta tapes and people stopped making them, regardless how much you spent on your machine --- so if kixeye can show low demand for the game - can the money you spent be all for not - could it be like the expensive beta machins that became useful only as a paper weight or to re-play the couple movies you bought before they went extinct. Try and get an 8 track or a cassette for the current top 40 music stars :)
  • TDG007
    TDG007
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 162
    Ugh, for g*** sake. So now all our testing, refitting, coining is yet again based on things no longer there. How is this even legit lol. 
    So much for preview benefits. I assume kix won't give everyone few days worth of ship build tokens so they can refit post kix mistake either.
  • pavel.opava
    pavel.opava
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 5
    Total bullshit.

btw. Kixeye, new C1-R have same stats as C1-B before reduction. How can I trust you won't decrease it too?? Why should I trust you now?
  • crimsonPERMassurance
    crimsonPERMassurance
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 215
    this is not OK and a breach of consumer law in most countries that u sell your products we should all lodge complaints to our realitive consumer departments
  • GHOSTFINDER
    GHOSTFINDER
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 49
    the change was only done to get more coin for repairs . with all the over priced prizes on list the more coin will roll in.   plus all the time and effort we put in to get the armor we should be rewarded with less damage not punished with more 
  • Dark Goat Lord
    Dark Goat Lord
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 381
    This is a very unprofessional manner to do this on the eve of the Raid,Many players spend lots of time and money preparing for this only to have the rug pulled from under them at the last minute. I for one am saving my $$ on this one. Management has gone way over on this one,ya'll can stick your Raid where the sun don't shine
  • Piratekiller_BOB
    Piratekiller_BOB
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 584
    Just to play devil advocate here.

DO you really think an armor absorbing 120 k dmg (when the ships armor is 100k) was balanced ?

That meant that to make sure we took some dmg, turrets would have needed to cause more then 120k dmg per salvo. Imagine a ship without charge armor being hit but a turret doin 125/130 k dmg, it would die in 1 shot.

I understand the nerf ( bad programming/planning).

What i dislike, is the timing for announcing this nerf. Each plate take 17h to refit on a ship. And they announce it less they 24 hour before the event starts. Pretty shaddy. Especially when im sure they realise those number were wrong since the very 1st preview last week, which mean they could have told use a week ago they be changed.
    I was thinking the same thing! The new changes mean that 12K is the amount of damage that turrets need to hit at or a little more so we take damage, Before that was 120 K. A huge amount!! This change maybe late, but I see the reasoning behind it! also if you look at old stats we get hit 3 times and or charged armor would be depleted. Now we can be hit 10 times before armor depleted! This works as long as kix reduces the damage dealt by turrets.
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,616
    noyz1 said:
    well people just dont do this raid. you dumbass super coiners that have to get a billion points every raid no matter what- dont do it.there comes a time when we have to stand up for this. sending tickets are worthless because it takes the 7 days after the event to answer anyway & then they are no friggin help
    Though many here might agree with your sentiments, insulting the whales won't accomplish anything. 
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord

DO you really think an armor absorbing 120 k dmg (when the ships armor is 100k) was balanced ?

That meant that to make sure we took some dmg, turrets would have needed to cause more then 120k dmg per salvo. Imagine a ship without charge armor being hit but a turret doin 125/130 k dmg, it would die in 1 shot.

What i dislike, is the timing for announcing this nerf. Each plate take 17h to refit on a ship. And they announce it less they 24 hour before the event starts. Pretty shaddy. Especially when im sure they realise those number were wrong since the very 1st preview last week, which mean they could have told use a week ago they be changed.
    I was thinking the same thing! The new changes mean that 12K is the amount of damage that turrets need to hit at or a little more so we take damage, Before that was 120 K. A huge amount!! This change maybe late, but I see the reasoning behind it! also if you look at old stats we get hit 3 times and or charged armor would be depleted. Now we can be hit 10 times before armor depleted! This works as long as kix reduces the damage dealt by turrets.
    Yeap, i did a i simplistic explanation, not taking resistances, turret defence and structure deflection into account which would increase the numbers.

But, i knew that number were off when it was that high.
  • Piratekiller_BOB
    Piratekiller_BOB
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 584

Yeap, i did a i simplistic explanation, not taking resistances, turret defence and structure deflection into account which would increase the numbers.

But, i knew that number were off when it was that high.
    I was going to add all that into my comment. But I don't have all night to work the numbers! Simple says enough adding all that in would just make the damage given by turrets even more insane if the charged armor stayed as it was!

• Outpost187
    Outpost187
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 79
    This game is some kind of sick social experiment to see where people's breaking points are!

• Alex11111
    Alex11111
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 745
    Ha ha nice one Kix, hope this action should teach ppl never coin in kix games
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    bort said:
    dm vc said:
    bort said:
    dm vc said:
    Hengist said:
    everyone here complaining....you all do realize YOU WOULD STILL HAVE GOTTON THIS ARMOR ANYWAYS!!!! and used it..so STOP COMPLAINING!!!....LOL
    you dont friggin know that - not true for me -  first time I've purchased charged in advanced and only bought 2 panels for my flag because the remarkable damage it saves -  only did it this time because it has remained consistently great for around a year - had I known this I would of possible bought some kingwraiths and twinblades or many other items I was interested in - but definitely will never ever again purchase armor at 12 mil - if this is the trend they are taking - this armor took  approx 48 B sets to get and about 50 hours damage - that equals 100 coin - to make my next raid easier, made sense at the time, will never try that gamble agian to try and get ahead - this is the message we need to make sure Kixeye is hearing - not your bs - because you can not speak for all - and no people grinding out B sets can not possible purchase all - so we use the stats provided to spend our points wisely - items should not be changed just because you buy it all regardless.

sounds like they did you a favour, stopping you from making a bad decision.

you'll be better off with that armor than without.
    but regardless stats should stay the same - I thought the new special was not going to be that great due to the stats provided opted out of spending points on the mas and got the armor instead based on the stats available --- fine if they want to change things after the fact let us get back the points and time and purchase what we would of purchased based on accurate info --- if I buy something then do not get what was offered - I would return it --- for instance when I switched cable companies after concidering the options, with what the other company was offering - Yes I would be receiving 40 more channels (some I would never watch mind you)  for a bit less money --- when they said oops it was a misprint in the offer - did I accept that, no - the company had to rebate all my costs that I paid them plus pay me an additional fee to cover my change over cost - We should not be allowing Kix to misrepresnt the facts and change things after the fact - and I have also made this arguement for things I did not even purchase. It is getting far to hard to start new in this game, and continue on with the hopes that some day you will catch up - so they really need to work towards player retention this is not the best method to accomplish that, imo.
    your analogy is not quite right - you're assuming the end product is  fixed.

the raid is balanced at the top end to what people have. ie if you have charged armor you'll be able to do the raid, if you also have a half decent build. the targets would be tuned to get the same result whether the charged armor had 1,000,000 or 100 deflection. ie if you have armor that deflects 1,000,000 damage, they make a turret that does 999,950 damage.  If your armor deflect 100, it deflects 50 damage.

by reducing it to lower deflection, it means you're not as disadvantaged if you only have 1 charged armor, or none, compared to a ship with 4 charged armor.

i'd put money on the fact that there are players complaining in this topic who have not equipped four charged armors to at least one ship, so they're actually better off with the change, but are, in fact arguing to be worse off.

starting new is a completely different topic.
    Not only new, you are forced to refit if you do not have 4 equipped...that equates to coin or token or both. All of which we should not have to be doing day of if we took the time for research and preview. "lol" not that we should believe the preview anyway...just saying.
    i think you kind of missed the point. if you only had one fitted before they likely would have jacked up the damage massively, compared to the damage that will happen now.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    Wimpy said:
    There is nothing to add. Whales won't care but all the mid-tier players get screwed again. Kixeye had better figure out that the mid-tier light coiners are the ones that keep this game going and if they keep **** us, there won't be a game. I also noticed that the C1-R has the original C1-R specs. I assume they plan on nerfing that right before the next raid. 
    this change benefits the non-coiner / light coiner.
  • BurnedOut
    BurnedOut
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 628
    Alex11111 said:
    Ha ha nice one Kix, hope this action should teach ppl never coin in kix games
    You know  i really wonder how many these people who get really high points are really coining at all maybe they all need to be investigated, do they really have that kinda money to spend every single RAID!!! Just Wondering...??? I will not put another Dime in people keep telling me you don't need to coin to have succesfull raid I think that is  bull!!!!  
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,568
    Thank you Kix !

You are making my decision so much easier.
  • X-PHOENIX
    X-PHOENIX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 116
    I don't think you are even aware of the concept of selling a product. We 'bought' the product - C1C charged armour, and now you go pull down it's values? We should get a refund and an apology for making us fools. 
    "Not all those who wander are lost"
  • Louis Kakascik
    Louis Kakascik
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 390
    nothing like paying for a Cadillac and getting a yugo! I think its time our government steps in on this **** and starts regulating gaming more, and I dont like government doing that 
  • saiint.K
    saiint.K
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 140

Captains,

In your test of the event targets for the event we have discovered that the Ballistic Charged Armor was not balanced properly.  We have reduced the damage reduction and the amor pool.  It was determined that the charged armor was too effective, and difference between those who had and did not have charged armor would have been too great in the event targets.  The Radioactive Charged armor (C1-R) is going to be changed to match this value as well.  

Changes:

Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-C           

Old Values             

New Values

Ballistic Armor Pool

Ballistic Damage Reduction

Thank you for you understanding for this last minute change before the start of the event tomorrow.  This changes are scheduled to be applied by hotfix this evening.

THIS IS NOTHING SHORT OF FRAUD !!
  • WallyFleet RETIRED
    WallyFleet RETIRED
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,117
    you guys really wants us to quit are you ...

Goodbye **** game
    I'm leaving you today
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye, all you people
    There's nothing you can say
    To make me change my mind
    Goodbye (inspired by Pink floyd)
  • leewill31
    leewill31
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 306
    If anybody was unsure well this certainly proves without doubt kixeye dont give a rats **** about the player base and its customers doing this day before the raid what a c**** trick it really is.................