Changes to Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-C

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 7,466
    edited 13 Jan 2018, 5:59AM
    bort said:
    bort said:
    Im just going to leave it at this we keep being told we dont understand mechanics we keep being told we dont know how to build boats correctly. Well let me tell you one thing we certainly dont know how to do thats be in charge of literally the worst year battle pirates has ever had yet cocky enough to act like none of it is on us. No sir we dont know how to do that

I think it more we dont fully build (or coin) our ships.

It obvious that ships today with auras require fully built flt of 4 or 5 ships. Since 90 % of us at 3 at best ( or 4 shells), it impossible to have them perform properly.

Those having success in this raid have fully built flt of 4 bucc or 4 hydras. 

Everything they have done in the past year as been to push for players to coin builds, nothin more. And this raid is the perfect example, since raid targets are designed around fully built flts.
    are you sure you need 4 or 5?

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/comment/5857896 

its even on the forums. seriously. ****?
    And how many players do you think have 3 hydras build in a week unless they hit the jack pot in the random chest. Most got 5d of build tokens, so you cant have 3 hydras in week built. 90 % have bucc, and you need 4 minimum to do it.
    i dunno. i wasnt the one claiming you needed 4 or 5 ships when there was already a thread showing 3.

and then instead of saying 'my bad' just throwing some other random comment out there.
    Well i mentionned i was using bucc and said you needed 4 or 5 build, your the one who trolled and linked to a hydra thread, not me.

Your the one with bars, not me.
    seems to me you said this:

"Those having success in this raid have fully built flt of 4 bucc or 4 hydras." i believe it is still even in your post.

and you still forgot to say my bad, i was wrong.

you also seem to be the one trolling. making over dramatic statements that are untrue.
  • bob-armor
    bob-armor
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 22
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/GZHC3AcR2rwF2pjOM0PoCfkkebzjMQHzurSjBHIr4wZY2z5PWLNYQsI70xDg3w03Y-Z78QbkNIqiFEkoY1V1OnjVZelhdZsHguKNo53cYlODD3SLc8BXlOlLZ3u8IkSJ-w62cqOV

So the Rad Charged has the same stats as the Bal originally did based on this image from the brief.  So are we going to see the same reduction in this without warning? Is it going to be another case of advertising one thing and then giving us another?
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,926
    bob-armor said:
    https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/GZHC3AcR2rwF2pjOM0PoCfkkebzjMQHzurSjBHIr4wZY2z5PWLNYQsI70xDg3w03Y-Z78QbkNIqiFEkoY1V1OnjVZelhdZsHguKNo53cYlODD3SLc8BXlOlLZ3u8IkSJ-w62cqOV

So the Rad Charged has the same stats as the Bal originally did based on this image from the brief.  So are we going to see the same reduction in this without warning? Is it going to be another case of advertising one thing and then giving us another?
    It was changed as well to the new stats of the ballistic charged. This was said in the original post of this thread.
    Direct link to Player Report
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    Im just going to leave it at this we keep being told we dont understand mechanics we keep being told we dont know how to build boats correctly. Well let me tell you one thing we certainly dont know how to do thats be in charge of literally the worst year battle pirates has ever had yet cocky enough to act like none of it is on us. No sir we dont know how to do that

I think it more we dont fully build (or coin) our ships.

It obvious that ships today with auras require fully built flt of 4 or 5 ships. Since 90 % of us at 3 at best ( or 4 shells), it impossible to have them perform properly.

Those having success in this raid have fully built flt of 4 bucc or 4 hydras. 

Everything they have done in the past year as been to push for players to coin builds, nothin more. And this raid is the perfect example, since raid targets are designed around fully built flts.
    are you sure you need 4 or 5?

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/comment/5857896 

its even on the forums. seriously. ****?
    And how many players do you think have 3 hydras build in a week unless they hit the jack pot in the random chest. Most got 5d of build tokens, so you cant have 3 hydras in week built. 90 % have bucc, and you need 4 minimum to do it.
    i dunno. i wasnt the one claiming you needed 4 or 5 ships when there was already a thread showing 3.

and then instead of saying 'my bad' just throwing some other random comment out there.
    Well i mentionned i was using bucc and said you needed 4 or 5 build, your the one who trolled and linked to a hydra thread, not me.

Your the one with bars, not me.
    seems to me you said this:

"Those having success in this raid have fully built flt of 4 bucc or 4 hydras." i believe it is still even in your post.

and you still forgot to say my bad, i was wrong.

you also seem to be the one trolling. making over dramatic statements that are untrue.
    This player appears to have been warnd and is STILL antagonizing other players. Way past time for a ban. 
    i offer you an unreserved apology for the offence thou doth perceive in thy precious eyes.
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,128
    bort said:

i offer you an unreserved apology for the offence thou doth perceive in thy precious eyes.
    His jest shall savour but of shallow wit, when thousands more weep than did laugh at it.

Shakespeare- Henry V - Scene 1 Act II
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • Bob_62
    Bob_62
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 206
    Spack said:
    bort said:

His jest shall savour but of shallow wit, when thousands more weep than did laugh at it.

Shakespeare- Henry V - Scene 1 Act II
    :)
  • mWild
    mWild
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 69
    Your new charged armour sucks chit.  what a waste .
  • Mexico78
    Mexico78
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 27
    what i supose to do, is take the measly 1.5m points i have coming my way for what i have equipped to 3 buccs, split them down into single points, then, wrap each single point with 10 inches of barbed wire. Once finished, intend to shove those points, one at a time, up the brown starfish of whoever's bright idea this was! 1.5m points!! i ground my **** off for all 10 of them, then the ones from the tlc. By offering a payout in the firstplace, you're admitting to something. 
    Now then, if it was 10m (still less than cost) points for every armour i ground for, i might... might! be a teeny weeny bit happier.

Disclaimer:- what i want to do in the above mentioned is indeed a picture in my head and not a physical threat. Please feel free to also use this graphic in your own head, It's very pleasing.
  • McSweep
    McSweep
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 35
    Since the new charge armors were nerfed by 90 percent, how about the build time gets slashed by 90 percent?  Or it could be renamed retreat armor to warn that multiple retreats in targets will be necessary to recharge the armor.
  • Storm_Troopers
    Storm_Troopers
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 145
    Not the builds, the prices tho could be reduced.
  • Bob_62
    Bob_62
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 206
    Why do we bother with the forum?  Folks post insightful things, only to be ridiculed or it falls on deaf ears. No management from Kixeye is looking at these postings.  If you're lucky enough, maybe a watered version of what you said MIGHT get passed up.  Kixeye is more like Harvey Weinstein, and we are the ones he invites up to his hotel room.  

Should change the name of this game to "Stockholm Syndrome".
  • corporate--greed
    corporate--greed
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 40
    Drones in Gamble removing more charged armor than earlier in raid.
  • Ken_K882
    Ken_K882
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 50
    so if its  in  player  favor  u  change   but  if  was  kix  favor  u  wouldnt    change   just  want  to take  more coin 

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ken_K882 said:
    so if its  in  player  favor  u  change   but  if  was  kix  favor  u  wouldnt    change   just  want  to take  more coin 

the fix is in the players favour. otherwise anyone short of a full complement of charged would melt.
  • kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 271
    just how is it in favour of the players who got it with the initial values? Forget the rest, we did not get it and to just up the levels of targets to negate your mistake is not the way to go. If a company cannot own up to a mistake and do and honourable correction it count as ineptness.

Kix did own up to a mistake, but then tried to sell it as a bonus to the players, and you bought that one. They did not compensate players with a meaningful compensation.
  • Bear_Hunter
    Bear_Hunter
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 147
    All I got to say is REMEMBER the REAPER NERF. Spent a lot of coin on those only to have kix nerf those. And the list goes on!
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 15 Jan 2018, 8:27PM
    just how is it in favour of the players who got it with the initial values? Forget the rest, we did not get it and to just up the levels of targets to negate your mistake is not the way to go. If a company cannot own up to a mistake and do and honourable correction it count as ineptness.

Kix did own up to a mistake, but then tried to sell it as a bonus to the players, and you bought that one. They did not compensate players with a meaningful compensation.
    how is it in the players favour?

well it is in every players favour who does not have a full set of charged. 

and makes no difference to anyone has a full set, as the top targets would be tweaked to the full set.

lower power creep benefits the players as a whole. high power creep kind of benefits the very top level in giving them an even greater advantage over the lower levels, but doesn't help them do PvE any easier.

basically anyone wanting the initial values is saying 'I want more power creep'.

and then those same people are generally back complaining that the power creep is too fast .....
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,186
    bort said:

and makes no difference to anyone has a full set, as the top targets would be tweaked to the full set.

lower power creep benefits the players as a whole. high power creep kind of benefits the very top level in giving them an even greater advantage over the lower levels, but doesn't help them do PvE any easier.

basically anyone wanting the initial values is saying 'I want more power creep'.

and then those same people are generally back complaining that the power creep is too fast .....
    All of this is moot.

The fact remains, Kixeye skewered the players. If they had done proper testing, PRIOR to releasing the armours, then we wouldn't find ourselves in this position and Kixeye wouldn't be taking any flak. They made their bed, now they can lay in it. You defending the change so fervently, just makes you look like a kixeye shill and damages your credibility.

Whether this change is in the overall interest of the players or not, is neither here nor there. The game is NOT in beta and we are not testers. It's way past time that Kixeye started owning their mistakes and avoiding them in the first place.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    bort said:

All of this is moot.

The fact remains, Kixeye skewered the players. If they had done proper testing, PRIOR to releasing the armours, then we wouldn't find ourselves in this position and Kixeye wouldn't be taking any flak. They made their bed, now they can lay in it. You defending the change so fervently, just makes you look like a kixeye shill and damages your credibility.

Whether this change is in the overall interest of the players or not, is neither here nor there. The game is NOT in beta and we are not testers. It's way past time that Kixeye started owning their mistakes and avoiding them in the first place.
    i'd rather them fix their mistakes rather than leaving them in the game. I'd prefer players who are behind not to be pushed even further behind.

Yes i know you like punishing the players who have less than you because that is exactly what you are arguing in favour of.

But that's not my style. i'd prefer a more balanced game.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,186
    bort said:
    bort said:

All of this is moot.

i'd rather them fix their mistakes rather than leaving them in the game. I'd prefer players who are behind not to be pushed even further behind.

Yes i know you like punishing the players who have less than you because that is exactly what you are arguing in favour of.

I like the first part, I agree we don't want people pushed back or excluded through poor balance, but then you had to get personal as usual and turn it into a dis and a boast. Such a shame.

Do you know what is better than fixing problems?...avoiding them in the first place! That was my point, and if you can argue against that, then something is very wrong here. Kixeye make too many mistakes and they shouldn't be getting any kudos for fixing them.
  • Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 150

Captains,

In your test of the event targets for the event we have discovered that the Ballistic Charged Armor was not balanced properly.  We have reduced the damage reduction and the amor pool.  It was determined that the charged armor was too effective, and difference between those who had and did not have charged armor would have been too great in the event targets.  The Radioactive Charged armor (C1-R) is going to be changed to match this value as well.  

Changes:

Charged Zynthonite Armor C1-C           

Old Values             

New Values

Ballistic Armor Pool

Ballistic Damage Reduction

Wow... you should test your own stuff before releasing it to the public

SMH again you nerf 
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited Yesterday, 8:19PM
    bort said:
    bort said:

All of this is moot.

I like the first part, I agree we don't want people pushed back or excluded through poor balance, but then you had to get personal as usual and turn it into a dis and a boast. Such a shame.

Do you know what is better than fixing problems?...avoiding them in the first place! That was my point, and if you can argue against that, then something is very wrong here. Kixeye make too many mistakes and they shouldn't be getting any kudos for fixing them.
    you realise every online game has nerfs and buffs right?

this one, fewer than most even.

that was not a boast. it was fact. what you were arguing for them to 'lay in their bed'. Fixing it was far better than laying there.
  • Jesse J Molyneux Emt
    Jesse J Molyneux Emt
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 57
    Just once I wish Kixeye would call me the morning after **** me!  I mean I feel like a cheap unforgettable date.....it breaks my heart, as I thought we had something......they must just be after the TRICARE.
    Proud Owner of  BBA, BC, BBX, BS, Corvette, Cuda, Destroyer, Destroyer X, DNX, Frigate, Goliath, Harlock Triton, Interdictor,  Jugg, Jugg X, HHA, HHB, HLNC,  LC, LCX, Levi A, Mauler, Mercury,  Missile Cruiser, Night Hawk Nuke Cruiser, Rampart, Spectre, Stingray, Strike Cruiser,  SSA, SFF, Vindicator, VH2, Zoe Stingrays
     Arc, Dead Eye, Halo, Javelin, Executioner, D92 Launcher, D92S Launcher, Harpoon
    Fear My Frigate Fleet!!!!
    LVL 69 +
    Home Sector 224