CIC Briefing

2»
  • corporate--greed
    corporate--greed
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 40
    when can we expect the nerf on this item also?
  • Humbled Guardian
    Humbled Guardian
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 697
    I believe the draw backs will be the kryptonite to CiC hulls really do not want
    see any % reductions with DPS, Armor, Range, or Speed. If the purpose of the
    battle bridge is to be the future of the game then they need to release at least
    one of the new tech for players to test or play with. Refining what the future CiC 
    hulls or gear comes from the use of gear. Some gear looks effective wherefore,
    others does not look worth the time. The balance between CiC gear should be
    within close range proximity merely meaning a minor reduction in one area and
    a increase into another. CiC kinda reminds me of the days they tried to use drones
    into hull and then classify them. The drones was not as effective as they could have
    been and became a huge flop over for potential possibilities at that time for future
    tech. If they are aiming for future tech they need to go back to past things that was
    they claimed to be future tech and really work balance. Players do not want to waste
    time testing each equip to see which is the most effective nor would they want to waste
    coins or money on builds of future tech that ended just like drones did in the past parts
    of suppose it future tech.  
  • Steve Rade
    Steve Rade
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 218
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 2:18AM
    what happens if you use 2 different types of CICs in same fleet? I ask because unless its a visual glitch the range boost is only showing for the hydra that has it  range ring is different on other hydra

• The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 2,925
    what happens if you use 2 different types of CICs in same fleet? I ask because unless its a visual glitch the range boost is only showing for the hydra that has it  range ring is different on other hydra

That is correct. The siege capacitors range buff only applies to the hull it is equipped to, but from what I witnessed in the preview, you only needed three Hydras with the siege CIC to one shot the buildings.
    Direct link to Player Report
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • corporate--greed
    corporate--greed
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 40
    history proves kix will change things once we figure out a set up that works
  • duane.aaron
    duane.aaron
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 44
    bort said:
    Milo-Ant said:
    "How are you going to get ANY new player to play and level up now KIX???"

my 5th grade boy started his base 3 days ago , he is building puns now, next FM , he will start getting T3 blueprints.

and he wont be able to do anything in the game
    correct. if he's a pessimist.

if not he'll use the puns to pick up zelos / monos / ibs.

then he'll get to the top tier of the fm

and he'll pick up some half decent tlc prizes to kickstart him on a raid path.

might take a couple months.

but its good to teach people not to be too greedy like some.
    Unfortunately, that is incorrect IMO. You forget that Garrison is now dedicated FM so it will no longer be an entry point to the Raid. (I posted about this before but I will reiterate.)

To get the tech needed for the next raid, you have to have at least one of the top hulls from the current Raid. For example, the Bucc was top raid prize in the last sub raid. You needed Fangs or Hunters or if you had loads of seat time, Tides and possibly HellWraiths, to get enough points to win the bucc, weapon and special. Or if you could have gotten the IC or Cannoneer in the Dec raid if you had the Tides or HW's built. The other top siege hull was in the TLC last month that required Fangs or Hunters to get. 

The TLC between this raid and the last for the IC's needed tideseekers or hellwraiths to do. Good only if you have a fleet of either.

Now look at the current raid. Cannoneers and ICs are having a hard time from what is being reported. Buccs and Hydras are also struggling according to a large number of players, meaning damage is up there. By the last raid of the cycle, IF you have Cannons or ICs before this months raid, you MAY over the course of the cycle grind enough points to get a one of the top hulls, weapons and specials, get a fleet built and be ready for the raid at the end of the cycle where the next top raid hull (assault) will be released. If all you have are Punishers, Cents or Zelos you could grind out an IC or Cann, weapon and special with a lot of seat time or coin. Which does put you on track but you will be one step behind. 

The requirements start all over again for the next raid. There should be a TLC released for the other top assault hull that will require a top of the line siege fleet. What if that TLC is tuned to the Hydra and you built Buccs? Think you will get that top hull? Prob not if they mix requirements like the Herc TLC. So you will have what ever you can get from the last raid. There may be another TLC to get a Phoenix or Skyfire that should require a garrison fleet if they use the old TLC's. So things run for the assault raid like the siege raid with a gradual grinding to one of the tops hulls. 

This is where things jump the rails. If garrison was still part of the raid system, the next top hull in the last assault raid would be a garrison hull. Most new/behind players who have been playing since today would have Monos/IBs/Zelos Anti and could grind low raid targets if they where not able to get the top garrison hull from the assault raid or the TLC. 

This creates a hard jump in point for any player that starts/rejoins BP at least 4/5 months before the garrison raids started because they should have a garrison fleet built by this time. 

Unfortunately, garrison is now dedicated FM because the "players" asked for it. So, the raid after assault will be skirmish. If you didn't get a top tier assault hull built, you will not be able to get the next top fleet of subs/sub hunters. Which will also mean you wont do the new hull tlc between the assault and skirmish raids. You will have to hope that you where able to get a phoenix or skyfire to do the old hunter tlc that they MAY run between those raids. If you don't have the Phoenix/Skyfire or they don't rerun the Hunter TLC, your ability to do any further raids is over.

Maybe.

The only hope for any new/returning player is if Kix adds all the various T6 TLC's for Seige, Assault and Skirmish to the perma camp list, add T6 to the foundry or add them to the FM. If they don't then the possibility of getting caught up will be gone. Even prepping by allies will not work because a new player will not have a hull capable of surviving long enough to do enough damage to a prepped target to get any points. 

There are a whole lot of shoulds, maybes, mays, hopefullys and other assorted words used above that brings home the real issue. We don't know anything. I think you are giving Kix too much credit when you say someone will be able to always get caught up.

I doubt the T6 TLCs will be made perma camp. I also am not holding my breath that they will add those hulls to the foundry. So that leaves the FM. That could work but it would require a restructuring of the entire prize system or it would get really bulky and unwieldy.

Which, to go slightly off topic, will have to happen anyways. They are going to have to add T6 and 120+ level targets in April with the release of a T7 Garrison hull. A T7 should run a 115 for free with corresponding weapon and special in a very short amount of time (compared to the current zelos/mono/ib meta). Players would get the FM done quickly with little/no coin. This takes us back to the way it was before the FM Change of 2017. No way does Kix let that happen. So we will have to see a new Tier added with the T7 tech for probably upwards of 5 million+ points and targets that are level 120 or higher with corresponding difficulty to run the T7 hulls in.  

Anyways, back on topic, if they don't make raid tech, including the hulls, and the supporting lower tier tech available in something other than TLC's, then what Kix has effectively done is break this game into at least two parts. The FM for non coiners and the raids for players that started soon enough to have current tech or are willing to buy fleet offers. Well, I guess there is also bounty/pvp but that is such a cluster mug that I am going to just pretend like it doesn't exist.

Or, I could be wrong. 

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 7,466
    bort said:
    Milo-Ant said:

my 5th grade boy started his base 3 days ago , he is building puns now, next FM , he will start getting T3 blueprints.

Unfortunately, that is incorrect IMO. You forget that Garrison is now dedicated FM so it will no longer be an entry point to the Raid. (I posted about this before but I will reiterate.)

To get the tech needed for the next raid, you have to have at least one of the top hulls from the current Raid. For example, the Bucc was top raid prize in the last sub raid. You needed Fangs or Hunters or if you had loads of seat time, Tides and possibly HellWraiths, to get enough points to win the bucc, weapon and special. Or if you could have gotten the IC or Cannoneer in the Dec raid if you had the Tides or HW's built. The other top siege hull was in the TLC last month that required Fangs or Hunters to get. 

The TLC between this raid and the last for the IC's needed tideseekers or hellwraiths to do. Good only if you have a fleet of either.

Now look at the current raid. Cannoneers and ICs are having a hard time from what is being reported. Buccs and Hydras are also struggling according to a large number of players, meaning damage is up there. By the last raid of the cycle, IF you have Cannons or ICs before this months raid, you MAY over the course of the cycle grind enough points to get a one of the top hulls, weapons and specials, get a fleet built and be ready for the raid at the end of the cycle where the next top raid hull (assault) will be released. If all you have are Punishers, Cents or Zelos you could grind out an IC or Cann, weapon and special with a lot of seat time or coin. Which does put you on track but you will be one step behind. 

The requirements start all over again for the next raid. There should be a TLC released for the other top assault hull that will require a top of the line siege fleet. What if that TLC is tuned to the Hydra and you built Buccs? Think you will get that top hull? Prob not if they mix requirements like the Herc TLC. So you will have what ever you can get from the last raid. There may be another TLC to get a Phoenix or Skyfire that should require a garrison fleet if they use the old TLC's. So things run for the assault raid like the siege raid with a gradual grinding to one of the tops hulls. 

This is where things jump the rails. If garrison was still part of the raid system, the next top hull in the last assault raid would be a garrison hull. Most new/behind players who have been playing since today would have Monos/IBs/Zelos Anti and could grind low raid targets if they where not able to get the top garrison hull from the assault raid or the TLC. 

This creates a hard jump in point for any player that starts/rejoins BP at least 4/5 months before the garrison raids started because they should have a garrison fleet built by this time. 

Unfortunately, garrison is now dedicated FM because the "players" asked for it. So, the raid after assault will be skirmish. If you didn't get a top tier assault hull built, you will not be able to get the next top fleet of subs/sub hunters. Which will also mean you wont do the new hull tlc between the assault and skirmish raids. You will have to hope that you where able to get a phoenix or skyfire to do the old hunter tlc that they MAY run between those raids. If you don't have the Phoenix/Skyfire or they don't rerun the Hunter TLC, your ability to do any further raids is over.

Maybe.

The only hope for any new/returning player is if Kix adds all the various T6 TLC's for Seige, Assault and Skirmish to the perma camp list, add T6 to the foundry or add them to the FM. If they don't then the possibility of getting caught up will be gone. Even prepping by allies will not work because a new player will not have a hull capable of surviving long enough to do enough damage to a prepped target to get any points. 

There are a whole lot of shoulds, maybes, mays, hopefullys and other assorted words used above that brings home the real issue. We don't know anything. I think you are giving Kix too much credit when you say someone will be able to always get caught up.

I doubt the T6 TLCs will be made perma camp. I also am not holding my breath that they will add those hulls to the foundry. So that leaves the FM. That could work but it would require a restructuring of the entire prize system or it would get really bulky and unwieldy.

Which, to go slightly off topic, will have to happen anyways. They are going to have to add T6 and 120+ level targets in April with the release of a T7 Garrison hull. A T7 should run a 115 for free with corresponding weapon and special in a very short amount of time (compared to the current zelos/mono/ib meta). Players would get the FM done quickly with little/no coin. This takes us back to the way it was before the FM Change of 2017. No way does Kix let that happen. So we will have to see a new Tier added with the T7 tech for probably upwards of 5 million+ points and targets that are level 120 or higher with corresponding difficulty to run the T7 hulls in.  

Anyways, back on topic, if they don't make raid tech, including the hulls, and the supporting lower tier tech available in something other than TLC's, then what Kix has effectively done is break this game into at least two parts. The FM for non coiners and the raids for players that started soon enough to have current tech or are willing to buy fleet offers. Well, I guess there is also bounty/pvp but that is such a cluster mug that I am going to just pretend like it doesn't exist.

Or, I could be wrong. 

You dont actually need to look at coulds/woulds/maybes. even the last month shows what is possible.

There are ways to jump ahead. i'm experimenting with an older account right now.

for example only a week or two ago there was a garrison based tlc, which i was able to pick up skyfires using my two zelos, 1 mono and 1 ib. also enough tokens to build out the skyfire shell.

for the returning player they kind of need the basic tlcs to require garrison fleets. as garrison is always available, and is the logical starting point for a newer player. (this is actually a should).

for this raid you can also prep tier 6 for your ally mates. theres a few in my alliance doing that now, and i will also be doing it shortly.

now for my old account i also did have some crappy old specs - but they were enough to grind out the ironclad. admittedly they're not ranked so a bit crap for this raid, and i only have two, but by the end of this raid series they should auto some pretty decent targets.
  • duane.aaron
    duane.aaron
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 44

@bort said:
    duane.aaron said:

bort said:

Milo-Ant said:

jaradat131077 said:

Maybe.

Or, I could be wrong. 

You dont actually need to look at coulds/woulds/maybes. even the last month shows what is possible.

There are ways to jump ahead. i'm experimenting with an older account right now.

for example only a week or two ago there was a garrison based tlc, which i was able to pick up skyfires using my two zelos, 1 mono and 1 ib. also enough tokens to build out the skyfire shell.

for the returning player they kind of need the basic tlcs to require garrison fleets. as garrison is always available, and is the logical starting point for a newer player. (this is actually a should).

for this raid you can also prep tier 6 for your ally mates. theres a few in my alliance doing that now, and i will also be doing it shortly.

now for my old account i also did have some crappy old specs - but they were enough to grind out the ironclad. admittedly they're not ranked so a bit crap for this raid, and i only have two, but by the end of this raid series they should auto some pretty decent targets.

As you said. It would require kix to run those tlcs much more frequently than they do now. And to change the non garrison ones to garrison. I'm sorry but my faith in kix is kinda low right now.

What fleets are your alliance mates using to clean up the prepped targets?

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord

As you said. It would require kix to run those tlcs much more frequently than they do now. And to change the non garrison ones to garrison. I'm sorry but my faith in kix is kinda low right now.

What fleets are your alliance mates using to clean up the prepped targets?

almost anything .. but usually cannon/ic/cent

you only leave a building or two.
  • Simi_Demon
    Simi_Demon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 1
    RICRHEN said:

I just want to ask can we use that 3 types of cic? For example i have 3 hydra siege hull every one equip with different cic.

Combat Information Center

The CIC, also known as the Battle Bridge, is the next feature for ships.  These are new add-ons that will allow you to further customize your fleets.  You will know a ship can equip a CIC when you see this slot on it.

CICs have significant bonuses and drawbacks associated with them.

Examples:

With the Siege Capacitor CIC the ship’s role becomes a damage dealer by increasing Radioactive, Wall, and Building Damage, but reduces your defenses.

With the Siege Aegis CIC the ship’s role becomes a tank, by increasing your defense against Ballistic and Radioactive Damage, as a trade off this increases the damage you receive from other sources, and decreases the radioactive and ballistic damage you deal. This CIC also has an aura that will stack up to 5 times that increases your Ballistic defenses.

The Siege Mercy CIC the ship’s role will become that of a healer, by slightly increasing your ballistic and radioactive defenses,  while reducing your ballistic and radioactive damage.  It will also significantly increase your damage against non-siege type damage.  This CIC also has an aura that will allow you to transfer armor to other ships.

The Siege CIC for the Chameleon will take the Generalist hull and turn it into a siege machine.  Increasing your Ballistic and Radioactive defense, as well Ballistic range, Wall and Building damage.  The trade off is increased damage from non-siege sources, as well as a penalty to your evade.  There is an aura this CIC generates that can affect all Chameleons in your fleet.  This increases your Ballistic and Radioactive damage and defenses as well.

As you can see depending on the number of each CIC you have in you fleet can change how you would approach a target.  If you are confide

Full info and stats on the specific CICs will be available int in your driving skills that you could avoid most damage loading up Siege Capacitors would help you deal more damage. If you are worried about damage then the Aegis and Mercy CICs will help you with those.  You can even mix all three to find the combination that works best for you.n the event briefing.

^^ the very last sentence should answer your question..
  • Anthony Prewecki
    Anthony Prewecki
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 324
    More junk we don't have time to build
    , Great
    no more stuff u must have or u might as well giver up playing 
  • hellsbay
    hellsbay
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 349
    I purchased the capacitor and wont load on hydra why

• The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    hellsbay said:
    I purchased the capacitor and wont load on hydra why

It goes on the CIC slot. 
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • hellsbay
    hellsbay
    Skilled Warrior
    yes it does and wont build I turned in a ticket for it 

• The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    hellsbay said:
    yes it does and wont build I turned in a ticket for it 

Which one are you trying to use? And is it not showing up or will it just not go on?
  • hellsbay
    hellsbay
    Skilled Warrior
    the siege capacitor shows  in bp slot and wont go on

• Sputnik001
    Sputnik001
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 688

bort said:
    Milo-Ant said:

Yes, will take a couple of months...

Now how many 5th graders have an attention span that long???

Better yet how many adults have an attention span that long??

Yes you can slowly (that being the important word here) work your way up, but society is changing people want things now, or not have to work too hard for it - don't blame me, it is what it is, and with the complexity of this game I could understand why it is hard for new players to get up and going.

@jaradat131077 - how will your son do, if you don't give him any advice, and let him get help (online) from other players - see how well he does then.

Fingers crossed always need new players coming into the game and staying... I wish him well :)  
  • Rampage_1832
    Rampage_1832
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 171
    Kixeye quit trying to re-invent the wheel, you are losing players at a high speed because of this...iT has already become to much for most and this will add to the mas exodus.
  • hellsbay
    hellsbay
    Skilled Warrior
    that's a fantasy that kix has tons of dead bases kix needs to slow down and let some players catch up with builds going way to fast

• blackleathermom_HOW
    blackleathermom_HOW
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 539
    edited Yesterday, 10:54PM
    More junk we don't have time to build
    , Great
    Aside from the Generalist CIC, all the rest go on the Hydra flagship so calling it "junk" is very much exaggeration.
    More Junk They will nerf  once they find it works to good  just like they did to the armors  just like they did to the Grimshine  and many other things in the past  making you push the wheel barrow.  Kixeyes Moto we will sell a product under false advertisment to nerf it later  to make  people coin and we are protected under TOS, so you can't do nothing about it  but scrap your base walk away if you dont like way kixeye Plays.....
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord

bort said:
    Milo-Ant said:

Yes, will take a couple of months...

Now how many 5th graders have an attention span that long???

Better yet how many adults have an attention span that long??

Yes you can slowly (that being the important word here) work your way up, but society is changing people want things now, or not have to work too hard for it - don't blame me, it is what it is, and with the complexity of this game I could understand why it is hard for new players to get up and going.

@jaradat131077 - how will your son do, if you don't give him any advice, and let him get help (online) from other players - see how well he does then.

Fingers crossed always need new players coming into the game and staying... I wish him well :)  
    yeah even though they've dumbed it back a huge amount for the lower attention span of players, it is and should still be a strategy game.

its not like there's nothing to do while you work your way up though - you can see progress quite quickly early on.

there should not be an expectation that everyone is instantly up the top. which is kind of like many other games. I mean it used to take months and months of raids in world of warcraft to get the top level gear.
2»