CIC Briefing

CM Major_Rampage
CM Major_Rampage
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,154
edited 12 Jan 2018, 4:39AM

Combat Information Center

The CIC, also known as the Battle Bridge, is the next feature for ships.  These are new add-ons that will allow you to further customize your fleets.  You will know a ship can equip a CIC when you see this slot on it.

CICs have significant bonuses and drawbacks associated with them.

Examples:

With the Siege Capacitor CIC the ship’s role becomes a damage dealer by increasing Radioactive, Wall, and Building Damage, but reduces your defenses.

With the Siege Aegis CIC the ship’s role becomes a tank, by increasing your defense against Ballistic and Radioactive Damage, as a trade off this increases the damage you receive from other sources, and decreases the radioactive and ballistic damage you deal. This CIC also has an aura that will stack up to 5 times that increases your Ballistic defenses.

The Siege Mercy CIC the ship’s role will become that of a healer, by slightly increasing your ballistic and radioactive defenses,  while reducing your ballistic and radioactive damage.  It will also significantly increase your damage against non-siege type damage.  This CIC also has an aura that will allow you to transfer armor to other ships.

The Siege CIC for the Chameleon will take the Generalist hull and turn it into a siege machine.  Increasing your Ballistic and Radioactive defense, as well Ballistic range, Wall and Building damage.  The trade off is increased damage from non-siege sources, as well as a penalty to your evade.  There is an aura this CIC generates that can affect all Chameleons in your fleet.  This increases your Ballistic and Radioactive damage and defenses as well.

As you can see depending on the number of each CIC you have in you fleet can change how you would approach a target.  If you are confident in your driving skills that you could avoid most damage loading up Siege Capacitors would help you deal more damage. If you are worried about damage then the Aegis and Mercy CICs will help you with those.  You can even mix all three to find the combination that works best for you.

Full info and stats on the specific CICs will be available in the event briefing.

If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
Not sure about the rules
I cannot discuss your account ban. Don't ask.
Twitter:  @Major_Rampage
Facebook:  Major Rampage
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,425
    More junk we don't have time to build
    , Great
    Aside from the Generalist CIC, all the rest go on the Hydra flagship so calling it "junk" is very much exaggeration.
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,476

The Siege Mercy CIC the ship’s role will become that of a healer, by slightly increasing your ballistic and radioactive defenses,  while reducing your ballistic and radioactive damage.  It will also significantly increase your damage against non-siege type damage.  This CIC also has an aura that will allow you to transfer armor to other ships.

Looks to me like this is a typo, it should probably match the bit for the previous one and say decrease your defences. (If it's not a typo, it's certainly an odd wording.)
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,858
    I really like this concept.  It adds a lot more flexibility to our hulls, which for the last two years or so have become increasingly bound up by category restrictions.
  • RICRHEN
    RICRHEN
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 5

I just want to ask can we use that 3 types of cic? For example i have 3 hydra siege hull every one equip with different cic.

• Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 11,974

Looks to me like this is a typo, it should probably match the bit for the previous one and say decrease your defences. (If it's not a typo, it's certainly an odd wording.)
    I agree the wording is odd, but I think it is saying you are going to receive more damage from other damage types. Like explosive, concussive, corrosive, penetrative will hurt more.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 11,974
    RICRHEN said:

I just want to ask can we use that 3 types of cic? For example i have 3 hydra siege hull every one equip with different cic.

Yes, you can mix and match within the fleet. Each ship carries it's own. On the preview I was a fan of mixing the Siege Capacitor with the Siege Aegis. Having a couple that deal damage while a pair buff the defenses to offset the Siege Capacitor penalties.
  • JeffLegacySr13
    JeffLegacySr13
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 38
    Don't worry just as fast as the best CIC becomes apparent. It will be nerfed because it works too good. 
  • The Kozzie
    The Kozzie
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,256
    SIF said:

I guess the real beauty of CICs is the same as charged armor. It's now a mandatory prize to buy in the raid where it's offered. Just more points the struggling players won't be able to obtain without tons of help, thus falling even further behind. This is why your game cannot ever see stable and sustained growth. You're about to penalize the **** out of anyone not using a CIC just as you did last year to all the players who did not have charged armor to handle the targets you balanced for charged armor.
    As much as I want to give the benefit of any doubt due to not seeing this tech in action, I strongly feel this to be true unfortunately.
    Those that can - do.  Those that can't - scream hacker, coiner and anything else that takes their fancy.
  • Steve Rade
    Steve Rade
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 262
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 6:05AM
    I really like this concept.  It adds a lot more flexibility to our hulls, which for the last two years or so have become increasingly bound up by category restrictions.
    Flexibility???  Is just a new way for kix to segregate our hulls/builds!!!! Another way they can "direct" our play and decisions. NO THANK YOU KIX.. With this shhtuff the prizes costs! The LOWER points pay out The to small limits of some prizes The major screwing we just got on the, per kix, much need Ballistic Charged Armor (( we didnt have it balanced right sorry ???? why now right before we start a raid type YOU picked kix thats majorly ballistic ) I am done!  Theres A LOT more I/ we all could go on about but why?? It will make NO difference to kix.  And if you cant see the future let me help..  Whats the next type of raid after this?? OH LOOKY another new CIC for the NEW hull  (( and of course using it will mean YOUR fleet will only be good for the target kixs wants)) I AM DONE.. I will play awhile to see it to the end, was here almost at the beginning, but no more $$   And before you troll  those coiners you cry about???  A LOT of them were the ones helping get their alli members thru these bs raids tlc n shhtuff How are you going to get ANY new player to play and level up now KIX???
  • Steve Rade
    Steve Rade
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 262
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 6:07AM
    Flexibility???  Is just a new way for kix to segregate our hulls/builds!!!! Another way they can "direct" our play and decisions. NO THANK YOU KIX.. With this shhtuff the prizes costs! The LOWER points pay out The to small limits of some prizes The major screwing we just got on the, per kix, much need Ballistic Charged Armor (( we didnt have it balanced right sorry ???? why now right before we start a raid type YOU picked kix thats majorly ballistic ) I am done!  Theres A LOT more I/ we all could go on about but why?? It will make NO difference to kix.  And if you cant see the future let me help..  Whats the next type of raid after this?? OH LOOKY another new CIC for the NEW hull  (( and of course using it will mean YOUR fleet will only be good for the target kixs wants)) I AM DONE.. I will play awhile to see it to the end, was here almost at the beginning, but no more $$   And before you troll  those coiners you cry about???  A LOT of them were the ones helping get their alli members thru these bs raids tlc n shhtuff How are you going to get ANY new player to play and level up now KIX???
  • Fleenk
    Fleenk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 97
    Sounds like another thing thats not gonna be worth adding to the long list of things to do, Why add any of it if its got such a bad trade off???? the pros to this new theory are outweighed by the cons, Guess we will see after they get put on. To me its not worth the hassle you get 15% added ballistic damage etc. but you lose 30% concussive defense.....and yes thats how screwed up kixeye math is.....like common core math no one gets it but the ones makin money off it.
    But why is the RUM gone???
  • zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 318
    CIC looks like yet another failed feature, just like the expeditions.

Whats happening in that DEV office? Ever talk to some active players?
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 687
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 8:32AM
    beel78 said:
    all this does is create more niche specific hulls.  They are class restricted and target restricted....not sure if you are being sarcastic or serious......  If the new items would be more of a broad spectrum item, I would agree...but all this does is further narrow down the specific use for a fleet.
    I agree with beel.I only see 3 ships with the capacity to take CICs. If it were rolled out to existing hulls then it might make more sense.
  • jaradat131077
    jaradat131077
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 46
    "How are you going to get ANY new player to play and level up now KIX???"

my 5th grade boy started his base 3 days ago , he is building puns now, next FM , he will start getting T3 blueprints.
  • jaradat131077
    jaradat131077
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 46
    Milo-Ant said:

my 5th grade boy started his base 3 days ago , he is building puns now, next FM , he will start getting T3 blueprints.

and he wont be able to do anything in the game
    i don't expect him to be on the Top 100 players within 6 months, but he will be major headache to many players.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 7,769
    Milo-Ant said:

and he wont be able to do anything in the game
    correct. if he's a pessimist.

if not he'll use the puns to pick up zelos / monos / ibs.

then he'll get to the top tier of the fm

and he'll pick up some half decent tlc prizes to kickstart him on a raid path.

might take a couple months.

but its good to teach people not to be too greedy like some.
  • Bob of BOB22
    Bob of BOB22
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 223

Re-hash of the tactical modules but hull specific, we all know how this will develop and fade away. Kix dev team has gotten lazy. Should have spent the time on making new crews.

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,858
    beel78 said:
    all this does is create more niche specific hulls.  They are class restricted and target restricted....not sure if you are being sarcastic or serious......  If the new items would be more of a broad spectrum item, I would agree...but all this does is further narrow down the specific use for a fleet.
    No, I'm serious.  I recognize that the CICs are class-restricted, but they don't require you to adopt a particular driving style or even necessarily a particular build style.