Zoe's Gamble - January Event Discussion

• XziizX 2.0
    XziizX 2.0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 366
    edited 15 Jan 2018, 9:12PM
    the raid for me was a disaster, mainly because of me but some to put on kixeye, not much but some. 

First of all I missed the 2 first days, first day cuz of a flat tire on my car on my way home after doing some overtime at work so I was kind of late to start with. 2nd day we had a kick-off with work, I didn't drink but came home late anyway. 

the main reason it was a disaster was that I wasn't ready for it fleet wise, I had 3 buccs, should have had 4 and that's on me. Another reason was I didn't have enough charged C armor, also on me, should have went all in last raid and get all. After some testing and a few vids I bought the 5 days token deal, used some more coins on refit and ended up with 60 mill points, which in fact is much more that I thought I get in the start.

What I mainly did wrong was that I thought I would do good with the same "tactic" I chose to always do with a new cycle, half good fleet is enough! Yes that works with the skill hull, but not so much with the "blitz" hull. Some might say "go figure", but it is 1 year ago last time we had this happen. We got the clads first, then the cannoneer. Difference from that time is that might be looked as a small improvement is that we don't have to buy the weapon like we had to that time. 

To compare my phoenex fleet still have 1 of each charged armor only, that was enough for the entire cycle, and still are for titanium and daily event, same story with my fangs. But again, I compare skill hulls with blitz'ers. 

So here is what I think I can put on kxeyes end and that is the LACK OF COMMUNICATION, this is huge and it sux big time. Yes, you might say think outside your little box when the blitz comes out first, don't expect to be spoon fed "obvious" tactical builds. Oh and the late change of stats of tech we got. 

When you choose to re-run a decision that one year ago was very much ventilated on forums you better get it right, but you didn't. It was close to the same bad this time too, again difference  is we didn't have to buy the gun.

I use this raid and how it was made for pinning this, but the lack of communication the last 6 mth of 2017 up to date has been horrible, just look at the update news for the last weeks. Most companies have a plan on improvements to customers satisfaction, and to be honest I think information given from Kixeye in advance is the best way to. In this case for this raid would be "hey look, we are doing the same thing as last time, either focus hard on the bucc, or coin the hydra" The FM changes should have been more open, the main change but VERY mcuh the silent one too. 

Too much info keeps ppl cry on forums, but you can answer, silent changes just make ppl quit, and numbers of new players isn't  really talking for you. 

/Xz
    Homesector: Nope. Sector visited: yes, and some more. Drac / Reaver hulls: Won some, some I didn't win. 
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    Milo-Ant said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    beel78 said:
    bort said:
    beel78 said:
    Dazandren said:
    wolf123 said:
    Dazandren said:
    guess i'm an anomaly, i'm using my ironclads from a year ago with no charged armor, no countermeasures and no crew and am autoing the 60s.  i'm doing 3 full sets for 5-6 hrs repair for roughly 3 mil points using the build recommended on TFC a year ago for doing the raids then.  

i do have some tokens saved so am going to instant refit them to include shielded tactical system and 1 each phalanx and trident to cut down on damage hopefully.  working on a buccaneer fleet but it's not ready yet.  maybe next month.
    Same here, using a fleet of ironclads with mauser cannons, and a Zelos fleet with quake cannons. can even throw in a Zelos into your ironclad fleet, that can offer some of the countermeasure defence that you clearly looking for  ;) I'm shocked at how many people here DON'T have a Zelos fleet built considering the ships do so well in FM, normal and uranium bases, and lower end scourge grid targets...or maybe they do but haven't decided to think outside the box?
    I'm betting you have Siege Battery 3 on them instead of Siege battery 4.  Evidence and a series of as-yet-unanswered complaints suggest that SB4 is glitched and isn't provding its turret defense bonus.
    you were spot on about siege battery!  when i refit my ironclads i switched siege 3 out for siege 4.  that was before i saw your post.  wow!  i went from being able to do 3 sets down to 1.

i luckily had enough tokens to be able to switch them back.  am now back to doing 3 sets before repair.

thank you so much for the heads up!  :)
    Will someone please tell Kix to fix Siege Battery 4 so that it WORKS already? I use them on Buccs and at this rate I'm not going to be any more prepared for the next one. 
    this is one of the main reasons, I scrapped my base.  if it benefits players i.e. getting hundreds of millions of points for one target, gold bonuses adding an extra zero or anything else, it is fixed within minutes/hours. If it hurts the players it is not even responded to or ignored or randomly fixed weeks/months later.  My favorite is when the fan boys start talking out their rear about "code" this and "code" that.  Evidently the code to fix negative income must be easier than code to fix positive income.  Sort of like a mechanic telling me that, the tire isn't flat and, i wouldn't know if it is because, I am not a mechanic.
      This company is doing nothing but milking the addicts or idiots  who have impulse control issues.  The fact that people still defend them is hilarious.
    didnt the DoS crew working on phalanx's last for a year? two years?
    How rare are DoS crews?  While that is an exception, should we compare which ones in the game's history get fixed first?  i mean...Scourge walls rising still causes lag (for a year), siege battery is having issues (still not formally addressed), sonar detection range in PvP (even after the "fix" several years ago, more issues have been happening and have not been addressed), ships getting stunned in the previous assault raid format which shouldn't have been, rocket reload (was not admitted for months), siege cannons when they were swapped over to what we now consider par for the course (they use to be accuracy based, even ones with the splash function), The P-Glut fix took weeks and not even counting several other issues with various hulls. Drac bases and various other targets have spots that ships can not move once they enter, The long trip home after a fleet dies, ships stop repairing in the dock....are amongst a few issues that have not been fixed still or took a very long time to do or even admit a problem existed.  
     Now.  When massive amounts of points were getting awarded for raid targets?  Fixed within two hours
    When, kixeye accidentally gave everyone massive amounts of ship and building build tokens and VXP tokens.  Fixed within six hours.
    Purchasing the $49.99 gold purchase gave everyone 5,000 gold (or some absurd number), fixed within three hours.
    When DUBs first opened up, every successful hit awarded a full proto-nemesis hull fixed within 12 hours. 
    When people are unable to purchase gold (Never lasted more than two hours with a "hot fix").
      Notice a pattern?  This is not a recent thing.  It has just gotten worse.  it does not help when an issue has been happening and the company refuses to admit it for months and when they do admit it, they take several more months to address the issue.  So, I repeat.  Anything that cost them money in the short term is fixed.  Anything that makes them money is ignored for as long as possible.  This is not a tin foil hat comment.  This is supported by their actions.  Constantly...for years. 
    At the time, DoS were not that rare at all for one maybe two years. They still didnt bother fixing it, but did make them super rare after a couple years yes.

For a lot of those others, from a PvE perspective, they largely make no difference. The targets are tuned to the current functionality of SB3/4 for example. Yes they are issues that should be fixed, but in the end they are a wash, so if they fix that particular issue, they then buff the targets a little, otherwise everything  becomes too easy. (it would also be  a greater difference between haves and have nots). So instead they leave the bug in there, and leave the targets a little softer. 

Same if they gave everyone a protonemesis, they'd then need to buff up everything else in the game at that point in time. Now yes, they have done quantum power leaps in the past - and to me that was bad. But anything that keeps things more even is a good idea in my books.

Some of those glitches that you mentioned that were fixed within hours were throwing balance out completely, so rightly should have been fixed asap. 

Its the same as when targets were so hard that you could not get anywhere, they were then adjusted. And you'd expect that to happen in future - they would not leave instant death to all players in a raid target with no means to do it.

cant believe your actually defending them not fixing said glitch by saying that they would have to ramp up damage to counter it. if some of the 50% specials are working and others are not. if the special is supposed to give 50% then it should be 50%  because if not then it is a nerf that they never mentioned because the description still has it such. not to mention dont you think the make the damage to account for the 50% already being as how some may opt for the FLCM being as how that does work? 
    i'm not saying it shouldnt be fixed. but i am saying that those largely doesnt matter.

using flcm on dps ships means they're also making a sacrifice to their firepower, so its not a complete no-brainer.

if you dont think they adjust targets based on what players have available, you are fooling yourself.
    yes you sacrifice firing power but when people are posting pics of a fleet after targets clearly showing considerable more damage to those using siege battery. after all whats the point in retrofitting them if they werent going to work properly. to split hairs some may not have them fully researched either but considering they do IF some of the specials are at 50% and some are not when they all should being as how the ability is there you dont think kix already has it tweeked to counter it. really doubt they have the targets "softer" because its not working right, especially if its not a planned glitch.
    Siege Battery 3 & 4 have been around for a pretty long time, they are a "go-to" special for any ship facing turrets in either PvE or PvP
    This past month is the first time players have noticed an issue with Siege Battery 3 & 4
    That implies that at one point they were working properly and something has happened in the past month
    To question the reason for retrofitting them in the first place because of the results in this raid is a typical knee-**** reaction.

im not questioning researching them because its supposed to make it work better. my issue is with the fact it isnt working the way they should and that bort is actually trying to defend the action by saying targets are tuned for them being broke. which makes no sense unless kix purposely broke it and never said. 
    you are not listening.

i'm not defending them. i'm saying it largely makes no difference because they scale targets to available tech, in how it currently works.

i'd rather them address more important stuff - like making power creep smaller, and having the difference between have's and have nots smaller. Like exactly what the reduction in the charged armor does.

they scale to available tech, BUT available tech not doing what it says on the print, which sort of nullifies it all
    well its scaled to available tech working in the form that its currently working at .. irrespective of what the print says.

and i still prefer slower rather than faster power creep.
  • Barkus Tyler
    Barkus Tyler
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 348
    It used to be that you could build a ship generally in the ball park of what you need and do ok, now they make targets for very specific hulls, with no information on what to encounter in the targets or how to counter it.  Build times are on the rise once again and having to make the same freakin hulls as everyone else just to keep up sucks.  wish this game was fun again.
  • tango555
    tango555
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2018 Posts: 19
    A dismal raid experience. Dismal. I used my first 10.5 million hard won points to redeem 1d build tokens to get my 4th Buccaneer out of the shipyard and it made a big difference from the added resists to the whole fleet. Note that only 1 of my ships had full weapons and the other 3 had 5 specials, 1 C1-C,  3 D5-R, and only a single gun. I did my last 3 this way to get 4 built that could run stacked and I am glad I did as having 4 made the raid possible although still unpleasant. Running a target where I have to retreat 4 times to recharge my armor and pause another 4 times in the target to recharge the PAC is really not fun but that was the only way to do it without a lot of repair costs. I hit the 50 million point mark (60 million after redeeming build tokens), redeemd the Buccaneer's Boon, and I was pretty much done. I did manage to grab another C1-C and the Hydra CICs in the last hour I had to play this morning but no way was I going to also be able to get another 50 million for the Blood Hydra. 

Anyone that did not manage to get 4 Buccanner's built for this raid was pretty well screwed as anything less then that melted in the fire fields. I am in a busy sector and here near the end the leaderboard shows only 41 people managed to earn over 50 million points. In all of world beta my measly 80 million points is rank 933 so i figure only 1000 people in world managed a flagship and globally I am ranked 4220 so that seems to hold true for the other worlds as well. Really that is only about 5,000 people able to participate in the raid and that is really dismal. 

It was nice of Kixeye to make the lower end targets more accessible so that people without the Bucc or Hydra could earn it but even there that still cost 40 million. They should have made the ship 15 million, weapon 10 million, and special 5 million so the folks running Ironclad only had to grind out 30 million to get ready for next raid. 

Only three Bucs built here and one with no rank, did 100 million points in the raid for 100 coins.
  • cupidstunt
    cupidstunt
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 305
    extension not needed.  being able to prep S sets for others is! LOL  I think I ended up with a few million spare points

Not adding much here.

Won some hulls

Visited a few sectors

Sector 249 is my home
  • smellsfishy
    smellsfishy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 611
    bort said:
    Quark01 said:
    so what do the newbies do? I dont see any seawolves with thuds working to get a few points to get to the next level o.O

they get punishers (far earlier than we used to get seawolves)

use them to get zelos 

use them to get monos/ibs

do lower tiers of campaigns to get raid hulls.
    Newbies had no fleets to do this raid really.
    I must say the bars look good on you, and it is about time.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    FishBite said:
    bort said:
    Quark01 said:
    so what do the newbies do? I dont see any seawolves with thuds working to get a few points to get to the next level o.O

use them to get zelos 

There's this thing called the FM, which is where newbies should be starting.

Basic FM tools can get some pretty decent gear.

SOmetimes you just take the rap for others misdemeanors.
  • smellsfishy
    smellsfishy
    Strike-force Captain
    bort said:
    FishBite said:
    bort said:
    Quark01 said:

use them to get zelos 

Ok, build a fleet out of gear only from the FM and show us a video of you doing a full 60's set.  You have a month to build it and prove us wrong.

I know you won't.  I have asked you several times in the past to post a video of you supposedly doing everything for free and you never post the video.  You never back up your claims.

Yes, you more than deserve the bars.   

• Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    edited 16 Jan 2018, 7:30AM
    bort said:
    FishBite said:
    bort said:
    Quark01 said:

use them to get zelos 

Discussing moderators actions is against forum Terms, last time i checked.

And maybe try owning your mistakes rather than blaming others. It takes two to tango, bort.
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 16 Jan 2018, 9:32AM
    FishBite said:
    bort said:
    FishBite said:
    bort said:
    Quark01 said:

use them to get zelos 

Ok, build a fleet out of gear only from the FM and show us a video of you doing a full 60's set.  You have a month to build it and prove us wrong.

I know you won't.  I have asked you several times in the past to post a video of you supposedly doing everything for free and you never post the video.  You never back up your claims.

lol. my vids are in the guide section. there are 100+ vids. go knock yourself out.

a new player is not going to do this raid in a month, unless they happen to release an appropriate TLC. although you never know. maybe they will release something easier at the lowest levels.

the path is now for new players to get the FM under control first, and to the top level relatively quickly. Feel free to advise people otherwise. It would be terrible advice though.

basic stepping stones are FM -> TLC low levels -> raid -> TLC high levels
                                                                            -> TLC high levels

if you don't prioritise right, you're going to fail. and a lot of players don't prioritise right.

obviously you are not a  failure as you are keeping up comfortably, following all the advice given .....
  • smellsfishy
    smellsfishy
    Strike-force Captain
    bort said:
    FishBite said:
    bort said:
    FishBite said:
    bort said:
    Quark01 said:

use them to get zelos 

lol. my vids are in the guide section. there are 100+ vids. go knock yourself out.

a new player is not going to do this raid in a month, unless they happen to release an appropriate TLC. although you never know. maybe they will release something easier at the lowest levels.

the path is now for new players to get the FM under control first, and to the top level relatively quickly. Feel free to advise people otherwise. It would be terrible advice though.

basic stepping stones are FM -> TLC low levels -> raid -> TLC high levels
                                                                            -> TLC high levels

if you don't prioritise right, you're going to fail. and a lot of players don't prioritise right.

obviously you are not a  failure as you are keeping up comfortably, following all the advice given .....
    Ok, post a video of you completing a TLC with only FM gear

I know you won't
  • Quark01
    Quark01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 44
    bort said:
    Quark01 said:

use them to get zelos 

Guess that makes me a newbie that has been playing since 2011...
  • kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1,984
    It was half-way through that I discovered that Kix corrected their mistake from the previous raid cycle and made the 80 set less damaging than the S set, and a reasonable proposition for doing with minor damage. It was actually a decent drive and I was able to once again help my alli mates. so despite early appearances, I'm once again going to say that this was actually a decent raid. I actually managed to achieve most prize goals despite having real life keep me from playing for more than half the weekend. So yes, it was tough. But not impossible tough. The S targets were balanced for coiners, but the 80s were balanced for anyone with charged armors. I don't know how well someone would have done without that - I still say that feature needs to be gone, but at least i can appreciate why they nerfed the armor. In its original over-powered condition, one armor would have let players auto the 80s, and that would have been BAD for the game revenue. Really bad. So, overall, I think we're okay here. Still say we need a 'reward phase' to this game (see other post), but I'm gonna sum this up and say WELL DONE KIX.
  • Digits_Brigade
    Digits_Brigade
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 488
    1- Enter Target
    2- Wait 30 seconds
    3- Attack platform (which takes about 10 seconds)
    4- Wait 30 seconds
    5- Retreat (to recharge armor)
    6- Rinse and Repeat...

This raid was BORING....BORING...BORING...

Regardless if you could kill targets or not.
    Regardless of all the drama surrounding the C1-C nerf.
    Regardless of all the drama concerning the SB4 / FLCS, that was discovered during the raid.

This was 4 days of mind numbing "Click and Wait".  10 seconds of fun sandwiched between 30 seconds of figure tapping.

There was no skill involved.  There was no challenge but to force yourself to stay awake.  There was no puzzle.

If this is what the next three months are going to be....BLAH!!!!
    This exactly times 1,000.  I'm a lvl 108, have all the toys.  I got over 500 million last raid.  This raid, about 100 million, and most of that was auto B targets.  S targets were doable but as this guy posted, the charged armor was so bad you had to go in and out the targets over and over again.  Not a fun raid, at all.
  • X-PHOENIX
    X-PHOENIX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 116
    edited 16 Jan 2018, 3:09PM
    KIXEYE, I think you are almost incapable of doing something that will take praise from the community. You came up with an awesome Skirmish raid in October 2017, where the Fangs were able to do the Hunter camp as well, albeit massive damage if any mistakes were made. People lauded you for having an almost express monthly raid mode which was very productive. This is the format you need to promote and not a complete shutdown of one hull from the other campaign and vice versa. People love to challenge themselves to beat the system and that is fun. That is what you must aim for and not some ridiculous confused mixture of nerfs and re balances and hot fixes etc. which doesn't need a second invitation to go wrong and which does more often than not with your company.

This meant a rather long seat time which was not ideal. That's not fun. That's why people are getting agitated for the smallest thing with you and have flareups in the forums and thousands of tickets pouring in. A few years ago this was not the case. I understand everything needs to change and will change but your evolution is very questionable. It's the same with your public outlook with a Community Manager that can't or won't or do not want to commit to the game and a Game Developer team which is absolutely lacking in creative enterprise and is completely out of touch with the gaming community at large.

It's a big ask to get all this corrected at a short notice but you will have to if you have any plans on continuing with this game for the foreseeable future.  
    "Not all those who wander are lost"
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,030
    bort said:
    Quark01 said:

use them to get zelos 

Agreed.  Punishers would have been successful in the 41s.  Not SUPER successful, but successful enough to get a couple small prizes and at least have something BP-related to do this weekend.

Zelos is a surprisingly effective hull given its age.  It's not perfect and has a relatively-long build time, but it is capable in a wide variety of situations.  Plus the zelos tokens in the FM make it a faster build. 

I think a lot of us are going to regret not getting the Chameleon this time around.
    I took a pun into a 41 - didnt do a thing - and this was kitted out....

My cannoneers to were pretty much [email protected], my IC's DID WAY better!!!! was at least able to auto the 41's for reasonable damage - sub 5mins rather than having to repair and insta individual ships
    I have an alt I haven't touched in six months.  I'm going to go try to build some punishers for the next raid just to test them.  I will also see if I can't FM out a Zelos or two for comparison.

But again, my suggestion is that they would work.  Not work WELL.  Sub-5-minutes is not really a thing that newbies should try for anymore, and it hasn't been since before the Punisher was first released two years ago now.  I remember using Sea Wolves in reaver targets in early 2015, but since then it's been ridiculous to try to do that.
  • travis.j.altman
    travis.j.altman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 121
    The worst part for me this raid is 80's targets wouldn't let my ships fire. Using a zelos(generalist hull) with any other ships and poof my fleet melts being antis stop firing. I would love a explanation for this. Ridiculous. I put my all into this raid for 50mil points grinding 60's no repair because 80's were broken throughout. Kixeye CS wont answer me after asking for a video which I provided. They don't have a answer from appearance. over 3 day old ticket asked for video 2 hours before raid closed, sank fleet,made vid, no answer 20 hours later...lkjzbdlvkdfbvkj.szbdfkjvadfmv .afdvkmaf.dkvnz,m 
    -Captain BigButt-
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,030
    The worst part for me this raid is 80's targets wouldn't let my ships fire. Using a zelos(generalist hull) with any other ships and poof my fleet melts being antis stop firing. I would love a explanation for this. Ridiculous. I put my all into this raid for 50mil points grinding 60's no repair because 80's were broken throughout. Kixeye CS wont answer me after asking for a video which I provided. They don't have a answer from appearance. over 3 day old ticket asked for video 2 hours before raid closed, sank fleet,made vid, no answer 20 hours later...lkjzbdlvkdfbvkj.szbdfkjvadfmv .afdvkmaf.dkvnz,m 
    Yeah, this is a joke.  The Zelos should not have made other hulls nonfunctional.

I have complained, and will continue to do so, about Kixeye's lack of true testing.  They seem to not care all that much about the actual deploys, because if they did the first thing they'd try to do is BREAK the game to see how that happens.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,066
    Closing the event has concluded.
This discussion has been closed.