Zoe's Gamble - January Event Discussion

• fozzy64
    fozzy64
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 54
    Did they mess with the repair times too? My fully dead 3 ship Buc fleet is now 4hrs 55min repair. The first 2 days it was 4hrs 8 minutes. I guess they had to rebalance the coins they were getting!
  • thomas.cosloskey
    thomas.cosloskey
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 18
    fozzy64 said:
    Did they mess with the repair times too? My fully dead 3 ship Buc fleet is now 4hrs 55min repair. The first 2 days it was 4hrs 8 minutes. I guess they had to rebalance the coins they were getting!
    I noticed when the Byc first came out, that the repair time was high...  1/2 during a raid, was more manageable.  I don't think they messed with it recently, or at least it doesnt seem to be off to me.
  • gary.hahn.10
    gary.hahn.10
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 75
    SIF said:
    Dazandren said:
    wolf123 said:
    Dazandren said:
    guess i'm an anomaly, i'm using my ironclads from a year ago with no charged armor, no countermeasures and no crew and am autoing the 60s.  i'm doing 3 full sets for 5-6 hrs repair for roughly 3 mil points using the build recommended on TFC a year ago for doing the raids then.  

i do have some tokens saved so am going to instant refit them to include shielded tactical system and 1 each phalanx and trident to cut down on damage hopefully.  working on a buccaneer fleet but it's not ready yet.  maybe next month.
    Same here, using a fleet of ironclads with mauser cannons, and a Zelos fleet with quake cannons. can even throw in a Zelos into your ironclad fleet, that can offer some of the countermeasure defence that you clearly looking for  ;) I'm shocked at how many people here DON'T have a Zelos fleet built considering the ships do so well in FM, normal and uranium bases, and lower end scourge grid targets...or maybe they do but haven't decided to think outside the box?
    I'm betting you have Siege Battery 3 on them instead of Siege battery 4.  Evidence and a series of as-yet-unanswered complaints suggest that SB4 is glitched and isn't provding its turret defense bonus.
    you were spot on about siege battery!  when i refit my ironclads i switched siege 3 out for siege 4.  that was before i saw your post.  wow!  i went from being able to do 3 sets down to 1.

i luckily had enough tokens to be able to switch them back.  am now back to doing 3 sets before repair.

thank you so much for the heads up!  :)
    Thank @SIF who did the hard work.  I just talk a good game.
    I wouldn't call it hard work. Just expensive if I hadn't had lots of free tokens to waste to play with. Except for pausing recording to quickly prep the first cluster with my Bucs, you can see everything I did from the instant refits to my old DUB ICs to looking over the repair times in under 6 minutes. Whose SY ever has enough downtime to waste 3 to 5 days just to show 1 or 2 specials' retrofits are broken? That's the headache. Heck, it's only luck I still had these to do the test rather than scrapping them to make room in my Dock.

Thanks should also go to @Templar614 and a few others who have pointed out these specials were broken in PvP base hitting. My contribution is just adding on to their tests to show this problem may be game wide.

Understand, my video basically shows the retrofit upgrades not applying AT ALL. The 40% damage reduction numbers I calculated for SB3 and SB4 are the R0 values even though mine have been at R15 for a long time. But I've seen Writs w/ SB3 at less than R15... They do even worse, so it's as if Retrofitting up to R15 is just to get you back up to the stated R0 level.

SIF said:
    Dazandren said:
    wolf123 said:
    Dazandren said:
    guess i'm an anomaly, i'm using my ironclads from a year ago with no charged armor, no countermeasures and no crew and am autoing the 60s.  i'm doing 3 full sets for 5-6 hrs repair for roughly 3 mil points using the build recommended on TFC a year ago for doing the raids then.  

i do have some tokens saved so am going to instant refit them to include shielded tactical system and 1 each phalanx and trident to cut down on damage hopefully.  working on a buccaneer fleet but it's not ready yet.  maybe next month.
    Same here, using a fleet of ironclads with mauser cannons, and a Zelos fleet with quake cannons. can even throw in a Zelos into your ironclad fleet, that can offer some of the countermeasure defence that you clearly looking for  ;) I'm shocked at how many people here DON'T have a Zelos fleet built considering the ships do so well in FM, normal and uranium bases, and lower end scourge grid targets...or maybe they do but haven't decided to think outside the box?
    I'm betting you have Siege Battery 3 on them instead of Siege battery 4.  Evidence and a series of as-yet-unanswered complaints suggest that SB4 is glitched and isn't provding its turret defense bonus.
    you were spot on about siege battery!  when i refit my ironclads i switched siege 3 out for siege 4.  that was before i saw your post.  wow!  i went from being able to do 3 sets down to 1.

i luckily had enough tokens to be able to switch them back.  am now back to doing 3 sets before repair.

Thank @SIF who did the hard work.  I just talk a good game.
    I wouldn't call it hard work. Just expensive if I hadn't had lots of free tokens to waste to play with. Except for pausing recording to quickly prep the first cluster with my Bucs, you can see everything I did from the instant refits to my old DUB ICs to looking over the repair times in under 6 minutes. Whose SY ever has enough downtime to waste 3 to 5 days just to show 1 or 2 specials' retrofits are broken? That's the headache. Heck, it's only luck I still had these to do the test rather than scrapping them to make room in my Dock.

Thanks should also go to @Templar614 and a few others who have pointed out these specials were broken in PvP base hitting. My contribution is just adding on to their tests to show this problem may be game wide.

Understand, my video basically shows the retrofit upgrades not applying AT ALL. The 40% damage reduction numbers I calculated for SB3 and SB4 are the R0 values even though mine have been at R15 for a long time. But I've seen Writs w/ SB3 at less than R15... They do even worse, so it's as if Retrofitting up to R15 is just to get you back up to the stated R0 level.
    And there in lies the whole problem with Kix lately in you last statement. They knew about the SB 4 not performing and yet to fix it? What else is broken that is not performing correctly? I know for a fact my Pacs on my IC's are not firing as they should. They have been nerfed. Too much contect, too fast.

• wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,324
    OK so i'm not gonna say that EVERYONE can do the raid easily, but surely a lot of players have a Zelos fleet built?? those things perform well in this raid in the tier 4 and 5 targets.
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • U C ME
    U C ME
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 602
    Ray_P said:
    The red rings are just totally over the top,  all the more reason to just auto 60's when you factor in damage,  it's actually easier and costs you nothing.   I really fail to see any skill aspect when your range causes you to have to drive into an area where Kix just gives you damage.   Sounds really dumb,  especially after the nerfed armor,  just another **** for them to turn.
    i feel the same mention its poor target designing by the team 
  • Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,438
    SIF said:
    Dazandren said:
    wolf123 said:
    Dazandren said:

Is this on auto?

Siege Battery 3 appears to be just as broken as Siege Battery 4, so if this is consistent, I'm thinking it's a path/timing problem. If SB4 drops a turret and gets you moving and stopping sooner, you may be stopping in fire while the situation with Siege Battery 3 may be your ship is still moving when the launcher is reloaded and firing again, thus no stopping in the fire. 

If you want to see an increase to your turret defense with only a minor decrease to building damage, give Garrison Battery a try.
    yes, full auto.  ty, was also considering flcm;  does it help sprints?
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,385
    Dazandren said:
    SIF said:
    Dazandren said:
    wolf123 said:
    Dazandren said:

Is this on auto?

Siege Battery 3 appears to be just as broken as Siege Battery 4, so if this is consistent, I'm thinking it's a path/timing problem. If SB4 drops a turret and gets you moving and stopping sooner, you may be stopping in fire while the situation with Siege Battery 3 may be your ship is still moving when the launcher is reloaded and firing again, thus no stopping in the fire. 

If you want to see an increase to your turret defense with only a minor decrease to building damage, give Garrison Battery a try.
    Yes, it boosts their range. The befit from CML3/4 is a boost to reload which FLCM doesn't have. But if your ships are skulled, IMHO, you don't need that latter boost. But you do lose all that building damage... at least in the stats.

So if your ships are low rank, I'd suggest Garrison Battery + CML3/4.
    If the ships are high rank, I would be ok going with FLCM to only use 1 special slot.

• Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,258
    edited 13 Jan 2018, 5:41PM
    fozzy64 said:
    No, nothing changed with how repairs work. What is your build?

A single Bucc has a 3 hour 20 minute repair, so two Buccs are at 6 hours 40 minutes.
    6 x 60 + 40 = 400 mins repair.
    Add in just the Officer bonus of 10% and you are back to 360 minutes which is 5 hours.

A fleet of 4 ships would negate the effect of half repair time. So 4 ships will repair at 5 hours during raid time.
  • Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,438
    SIF said:
    Dazandren said:
    SIF said:
    Dazandren said:
    wolf123 said:
    Dazandren said:

Is this on auto?

Yes, it boosts their range. The befit from CML3/4 is a boost to reload which FLCM doesn't have. But if your ships are skulled, IMHO, you don't need that latter boost. But you do lose all that building damage... at least in the stats.

So if your ships are low rank, I'd suggest Garrison Battery + CML3/4.
    If the ships are high rank, I would be ok going with FLCM to only use 1 special slot.
    ok, i'll look into that for my bucc build instead of sb3 then.  they are no rank  lol

need to get cooking on them anyway since i doubt ironclads will be viable too much longer for this raid series.

thanks again  :)
  • NSD_Mad-Hatter_8
    NSD_Mad-Hatter_8
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 880
    jpeters77 said:
    IC and Cannoneer fleet dead in a matter of seconds in lvl 61 this blows, rethinking this game.

They expect us to use old Tiers for top in Tier gains raids have been going on like this for
    sometime. The biggest probable with the raid is we are using T4 hull and in need of T5/6
    if you look closely to Siege hull we really do not have any hull in between. The wiggle room
    so to say has zero limitations for T4. To be honest there is not enough 41 T4 targets to go
    around and even low tiers have high end damage. They really need to reduce damage for
    the raid or bring out T5 Siege hulls for compensations. A lot of players are using buck's if
    you look closely not even close to doing T5 set's. I wonder how they expect players to play
    the event if gear or ship hull is not sufficient. You have old gear trying to opt in to T8 era 
    which is the reason why fleets are dying in matter of seconds. The other down side is the
    armor and alloy's if you look closely to them most are T4 also. How they expect anyone
    to be able to do this event is beyond me.  
  • NSD_Mad-Hatter_8
    NSD_Mad-Hatter_8
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 880
    John1975 said:
    so alpha got free prizes.  get 500 mill collect everything before the fix points get rolled back they still got all the prizes. 

That seems fair.  I guess the only thing for Kix to do to fix that is lower cost on all items to 1000 points.  That is about the equivalent to the points glitch alpha exposed.  Basically we all need to kill one target and get all the prizes tokes everything as that is what they did.  

Actually do not see it being fair if played on alpha or not to be honest
    kixeye should do rollback on prizes to give all a chance to retain them
    at the same time as other players. In past preview servers all prizes
    gained was only allowed during the duration of testing and then
    removed to keep fairness to all players. I am not sure who is running
    the preview servers but, they should go back to past ones to ensure
    that game play is fair to all across the board.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 14,258
    John1975 said:
    so alpha got free prizes.  get 500 mill collect everything before the fix points get rolled back they still got all the prizes. 

That seems fair.  I guess the only thing for Kix to do to fix that is lower cost on all items to 1000 points.  That is about the equivalent to the points glitch alpha exposed.  Basically we all need to kill one target and get all the prizes tokes everything as that is what they did.  

You don't get to keep things obtained or built during previews.
  • zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 378
    John1975 said:

But, alpha players kept their prints while loosing points? So, if you know there's a point glitch because you were in the preview, move to alpha - exploitn the heck out of that glitch, obtain every print you can. Then loose the points, but keep the prints.
    Did you not keep what you learned during preview ?

I'll make all my raids in alpha from now on. No doubt about that.
  • blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,817
    zantil said:
    John1975 said:

But, alpha players kept their prints while loosing points? So, if you know there's a point glitch because you were in the preview, move to alpha - exploitn the heck out of that glitch, obtain every print you can. Then loose the points, but keep the prints.

Last time I was in a preview there were no points given out that is probably still the case and should be changed to give actual points to check the scoring system.

• mikklehime
    mikklehime
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 217
    Captains, due to your feedback, we are increasing the points paid out and completion bonuses in the Tier 6 and Tier 5 targets. 

what a crock that little speech is. listened to the feedback our rear ends. if kixeye listen to feedback they wouldn't be the greedy company they are.
    how is 9 coin repair for hitting a 61 & 63 listening to the feedback ???
    kixeye would rather make $10k from the big coiners than make $20k from low,mid & high coiners. they've never had business sense & never will as long as they employ morons who are too greedy for a quick buck !!!!!
    they're that thick they just sit back & watch a good game die a very slow & very very painful death.
    RAMPAGE,u need to do something to talk these fools out of killing this game bro.
    try explaining & keep repeating that explanation about taking the game back to all wanting to play & coin instead of most quitting coining & then quitting the game !!!!!
    kixeye say 'suck it up buttercup or go find another game to play '
    we all love a good joke so we carry on playing !!!!
    crying in frustration is part of kixeye's plan & gets u nowhere !!!!
    SC needs a life,can somebody find him one please ???
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    So... If you were on course for about 80-100 million, had all the previously released stuff.... Which flagship would you get? Blood Hydra or Buccaneer's Boon? Already got four bucs that just need more armour and 1.5 hydras done. I'm having trouble making up my mind.
    (The rest of the points are probably going on CIC, tokens and charged armour.)
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• zantil
    zantil
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 378
    zantil said:
    John1975 said:

Last time I was in a preview there were no points given out that is probably still the case and should be changed to give actual points to check the scoring system.

Well, that's not what im talking about.
    The fact that one turret in the hydra campain tower was givin out 100 mill points is what im talking about. And that the players that knew that, got every print in the raid in less than 1 hour.
  • Oppugn
    Oppugn
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 43
    I am seeing damage increases in the BUCCANEER'S GAMBIT campaign.  Anybody else seeing this?
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    zantil said:
    zantil said:
    John1975 said:

The fact that one turret in the hydra campain tower was givin out 100 mill points is what im talking about. And that the players that knew that, got every print in the raid in less than 1 hour.
    They did not know about the point glitch from the preview as there are no points on preview.  They simply hit one target when the raid started and got about 12 mill points per platform killed.  1 target was paying out give or take 400 million points vs the 3 million it was supposed to.  So in Alpha they killed one or 2 targets and had points to claim everything that was in the prize store.    Kix fixed this glitch and rolled their points back but that had already claimed everything and did not lose any of the prizes they claimed only the points, which = free prizes now they done need points they already got everything.

That is what the major problem is if they all got to keep the stuff they got for free instantly than same needs to be passed out to everyone or lower the points cost of the prizes by about 90% so everyone else can claim them as easily as they did. 

Kix should have rolled the points back to 0 and took all the prints and if any had coined builds removed them and refunded tokens/coins.   Way they did it they need to make that equal for all players in all worlds that is pretty massive getting every single thing for free in 10 min time.   
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    How is everyone keeping their Buccs together when autoing 80's. The drone pylons keep making mine split up and sometimes makes one ship stop completely.
  • steshot
    steshot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 564
    so mods are replying to qu's they know its ok to answer, but i'm yet to see a reply about difficulty going up? at least not lying. i guess thats them confirming we are right. meanwhile as folks say, alpha got all the prizes for almost no work as usual.
  • Silverfox15987
    Silverfox15987
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 47
    edited 13 Jan 2018, 6:30PM
    OK I did some digging around and didn't see any post like this. (not extensive of course I'm not that diligent.)

BUT Why is it I can kill 4 whole sets of 60's and only have 200% Resources on Irons? Events should pay Resources as well. It's like a repeat of the old Typhoon raid where we had plenty of Zynthium but no other resource to repair our boats. 

ON the topic of resources... When are you all going to add larger Resource fleets on the map? OR larger hulls? You keep increasing our Warehouse sizes (YAY!) But our hulls can still only haul in a grand total of 40M of each resource? And that's with the latest hull of 8M resources per boat. Grinding BASIC Resources has to be the biggest pain I deal with. I have boat plans that are 300-400m per resource. I Screwed up and completed almost all my campaigns back when they were the cool thing to do so I'm stuck grinding 71's for hours trying to get resources. Unless I want to hit a drac base with my Irons and send em home after every hit.. It's still time consuming. I mean I get ya'll want people to play your game. And as a Gamer I want to play the game. Menial tasks like getting basic resources though is just that... menial, Hel half the time I forget what i'm doing and my WarfRat crews run out.

YEAH YEAH I know Long Boo Hoo Rant... But I still feel it's a valid question that needs a good answer.
    Battle Pirates : User ID is: 352977 ZaneHayami Level 59 117 Faithful Born and raised.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    How is everyone keeping their Buccs together when autoing 80's. The drone pylons keep making mine split up and sometimes makes one ship stop completely.
    I join the battle and watch as I see one try to split I guide it back and hit S when its in correct spot.   I found auto switches targets faster and works better than trying to drive them as the target click boxes are way off on the pylons that drop and trying to click tthem get more damage as takes bit to actually get them locked.  

Run on auto but supervise
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • DazzXP
    DazzXP
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,509
    Better than S sets, they only give 12mil res which is 59% of what 4 bucs can carry.
    We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    zantil said:
    zantil said:
    John1975 said:

1 turret paid out 100mil?

Did you see this with your own eyes? because I certainly didn't

I seem to think you have been to bed, had a dream, then come on here to spout rubbish?
  • NoRiding
    NoRiding
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 294
    I was in the same boat you are, I chose to finish the bucc fleet out then continue onward on the hydra fleet. They kinda screwed us with a limit of 5 charged armors though. 
  • blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    zantil said:
    zantil said:
    John1975 said:

Right and if they gave points in the preview that could be checked.
  • blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Milo-Ant said:
    zantil said:
    zantil said:
    John1975 said:

1 turret paid out 100mil?

Did you see this with your own eyes? because I certainly didn't

I seem to think you have been to bed, had a dream, then come on here to spout rubbish?
    Actually turrets were paying out 12 mil each the 1st hour which is why the people that took advantage of the bug were in the billions of points before 2 pm eastern time on the 1st day of the raid.  Kix fixed that and took their points away but failed to take the prints back and start them over.

• DazzXP
    DazzXP
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,509
    Depends on what you have invested in already, I am going Hydra myself
    We want the Dry Dock NOW! http://www.facebook.com/groups/184955281636155/ We need YOU! The game needs YOU!
This discussion has been closed.