Zoe's Gamble - January Event Discussion

• SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,385
    So who's enjoying Siege Battery 3 and 4 on their Siege raid builds?

Your ships are broken, and you're probably taking about 20% more damage than other "50% Turret Defense" specials. Feel free to share and link to this video when you're sending in tickets until the day this is finally fixed and SB3/4 are on par with at least Garrison Battery which currently doesn't work as well as advertised either. All 4 ships claim 50% in the stat blocks. End result of 21% more damage is a huge "rounding error."

Using the best performer FLCM as the "working" special, I calculated back the raw damage done before "turret defense" was applied. Using that number, 14202 here, a simple 1 - (damage / raw damage) got these effective "turret defense" damage reduction percentages.

Damage Reduction (Calculated)
    Siege Battery 3 39.44%
    Frontline Countermeasures 50.00%
    Garrison Battery 48.94%
    Siege Battery 4 39.44%

That's a far cry from the 0.5% difference advertised. FLCM is over 20% better at turret defense than either of the standard Siege Batteries used.

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,031
    Double barrel shenanigans !

Some things change, then again, some things never change.

This is the 2nd double turret I've found in the 60 set.

1st was in a 61, 2nd in a 65.

How many more are there that aren't visible ?
    There's also a double missile turret in the 41s, on the lefthand side midway down the channel.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    SIF said:

Your ships are broken, and you're probably taking about 20% more damage than other "50% Turret Defense" specials. Feel free to share and link to this video when you're sending in tickets until the day this is finally fixed and SB3/4 are on par with at least Garrison Battery which currently doesn't work as well as advertised either. All 4 ships claim 50% in the stat blocks. End result of 21% more damage is a huge "rounding error."

Using the best performer FLCM as the "working" special, I calculated back the raw damage done before "turret defense" was applied. Using that number, 14202 here, a simple 1 - (damage / raw damage) got these effective "turret defense" damage reduction percentages.

Siege Battery 3 39.44%
    Garrison Battery 48.94%
    Siege Battery 4 39.44%

That's a far cry from the 0.5% difference advertised. FLCM is over 20% better at turret defense than either of the standard Siege Batteries used.
    i wonder if youre then actually better off with flcm .. particularly on those couple buccs which might have sprints
  • Is there any way to up the spawn rate on the 41's lots of low levels in my sector and very little are spawning everyone is fighting over them
  • kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,043
    ump5 said:
    "CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jul 2017Posts: 598
    As with previous Events,  there are features in the targets which make them ship specific.  

The Buccaneer target has features that will jam the weapons of Hydra,  and like wise there are features in the Hydra target that will jam the weapons of the Buccaneer."

Major_Rampage

I and many others did both targets with fangs in first skirmish raid before we had the MK1's built, but now you locked the guns on our bucks so we can't do the hydra target for the bonus this is not fair as we took more damage, we could at least do it with the other fleet for the skirmish. As i recall one was an auto fleet and the other was a skill fleet to do for free if was skilled enough. But Both fleets could do the raid targets... when did this change?
    sadly it was during the assault raid when they started toying with designing targets with specific ships in mind. then in the skirmish it was taken up a notch during the progression to where you took the wrong fleet in and was instant death.
  • Gremlin Uniden
    Gremlin Uniden
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 50
    use a relay & find a sector where they are not in use, there are quite a few

• follow.tiffers
    follow.tiffers
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 465
    How bad is everyone else's sector?
    "First, I want to make it clear that our users are the lifeblood of this game. Your happiness is our primary objective and everything that we do to improve the game is aimed at increasing it."  Will Harbin. CEO, Kixeye.
  • Zam
    Zam
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 1,500

That is some pretty lame(and passive aggressive) advice, but technically true. Better yet, how about Kix spawns more since this raid is such a bust.  In my own searching for them, they were so far away that by the time I got to any of them they were taken on more than one occasion.  Very irritating for those of us trying to get back into the game. 
    Zam

Sectors visited: 121, 432, 433, 236, 394, 271, 251, 246, 36, 350, 307, 238, 334, 296, 91, 337, 255
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    bort said:
    Bort strikes again lol, all boats free, super skilled builds, all total rubbish lol
    guide section shows exactly what i've done and how.

note i said 1 tank.

1 .....

no need to follow good advice that would reduce your seat time if you dont want to though. its your choice.

you say, that you get your builds off TFC page?

Funny that the folks on TFC page who posted those builds originally are brassed off that kix go out of their way to nerf them......yet you still ride on coat tails and say everything is fine?

Cannot say much to that...not even going to say you are deluded, because I don't think it would register with you :(
  • FireStorm91
    FireStorm91
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 808
    Update, think it is a few things that are causing more damage to 60's, namely my ships take one extra volley to kill the turrets, and I think the fire fields deal more damage than before. Before you could barely see the damage hitting your armor, now it is visibly melting the armor off.

Clearly Kixeye didn't like us finding a target to hit in the pitiful excuse of a event.

Been playing too long
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,602

Search through an entire sector with this kind of lag? 
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Randall Banks
    Randall Banks
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 102
    SIF said:

Siege Battery 3 39.44%
    Garrison Battery 48.94%
    Siege Battery 4 39.44%

Kixeye does not fix anything, ever, they are too busy trying to come up with new ways of sucking coin out of the customers.
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    54th with 3M
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

• CM Major_Rampage
    CM Major_Rampage
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 1,257
    Howdy Folks,

I put this in the event notes thread but will added it here as well.  The problem with the locator showing the wrong tiers has been corrected.
    If you have technical questions, please submit a ticket here.
    Having trouble submitting a ticket? Try this link.
    Not sure about the rules
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    So I noticed that the 41s are spawning less and less.  Yesterday they would pop up right after I destroyed one.  I wait by a spawn point and low and behold...still waiting for a pop up minutes later.  I don't want to create any conspiracy theories but being the weekend started it seems a bit strange that the spawn rate is slowed..
    I think they've been spawning less quickly than the last raid (or maybe the spawn points start randomizing and not remain fixed)
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

• montgomery scott
    montgomery scott
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 187
    I am 13th in my sector with 82,000 points.
  • Fiji555
    Fiji555
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 210
    Second in sector with 10 mil :D
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Milo-Ant said:
    bort said:
    Bort strikes again lol, all boats free, super skilled builds, all total rubbish lol

note i said 1 tank.

1 .....

no need to follow good advice that would reduce your seat time if you dont want to though. its your choice.

Funny that the folks on TFC page who posted those builds originally are brassed off that kix go out of their way to nerf them......yet you still ride on coat tails and say everything is fine?

Cannot say much to that...not even going to say you are deluded, because I don't think it would register with you :(
    their builds are instant repair for the 80s. Which is the same seat time for the same points as tier 7.

kix throw us a challenge. its part of the puzzle to beat that challenge.

George has already beaten it for tier 7 even.

• Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader

with 4.3 mil you going to be VERY high global

• I Am Dark
    I Am Dark
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 52
    Milo-Ant said:
    We have also increased the set bonus for the following target sets: 
    Tier 6 from 400,000 to 600,000
    Tier 5 from 20,000 to 40,000
    You still CAN"T FINISH TIER 5 Level 41 WITHOUT GETTING YOUR FLEET DESTROYED!!!!

Please use the proper pronoun... That should read "*I* still CAN"T FINISH TIER 5 Level 41 WITHOUT GETTING *MY* FLEET DESTROYED!!!!"

Since there is no such word as CAN'T ... I am not sure what you are saying?

Definition of can't in English:

can't

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/can't
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,069
    Sec 68 leader has 313 mil, 101 has 3 mil
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    bort said:
    Milo-Ant said:
    bort said:

note i said 1 tank.

1 .....

their builds are instant repair for the 80s. Which is the same seat time for the same points as tier 7.

kix change their challenges within 5 minutes apparently

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Milo-Ant said:
    bort said:
    Milo-Ant said:
    bort said:

note i said 1 tank.

1 .....

seems to be still instant repair to me. maybe check with george if you're not instant anymore?
  • voltz-20
    voltz-20
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 42
    Watch out for the extra ball turret when you hit the 1st platform in the 65...  It's hidden and you will get 2 shots fired at you instead of 1... If you shoot at it and kill the turret the other becomes visible since kix stacked 1 right next to the other... When you kill the turrets it only shows you killed 4 and not 5...
  • Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 358
    Thanks
  • klington
    klington
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 871

U can't do it, than it not ur game. So...

• Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    I Am Dark said:
    Milo-Ant said:
    We have also increased the set bonus for the following target sets: 
    Tier 6 from 400,000 to 600,000
    Tier 5 from 20,000 to 40,000
    You still CAN"T FINISH TIER 5 Level 41 WITHOUT GETTING YOUR FLEET DESTROYED!!!!

Please use the proper pronoun... That should read "*I* still CAN"T FINISH TIER 5 Level 41 WITHOUT GETTING *MY* FLEET DESTROYED!!!!"

Since there is no such word as CAN'T ... I am not sure what you are saying?

Definition of can't in English:

can't

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/can't
    the actual words you are looking for are CAN NOT
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    bort said:
    Milo-Ant said:
    bort said:
    Milo-Ant said:
    bort said:

note i said 1 tank.

1 .....

seems to be still instant repair to me. maybe check with george if you're not instant anymore?
    never been instant for me, I wont coin refits for this so its nada

This discussion has been closed.