Zoe's Gamble - January Event Discussion

• davyjones419
    davyjones419
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 8
    I'm a lower level, have ironclads and a fleet of punishers that I wanted to try out. Every one of them couldn't make it past the first turret in a 41. I've just been using my fangs in the campaign instead. The targets are for level 90+ apparently
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,602
    I'm a lower level, have ironclads and a fleet of punishers that I wanted to try out. Every one of them couldn't make it past the first turret in a 41. I've just been using my fangs in the campaign instead. The targets are for level 90+ apparently
    Punishers die at the first turret but what's the build on your fleet of ironclads? I can kill 41s on auto with roughly 5-6 minutes repair using 1 ironclad
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Chief_Barney
    Chief_Barney
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 357
    Amazing how turrets in the T5 targets launch volleys of missles even after they are destroyed, BS KIX
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    mstary1 said:
    ABE1 said:
    This current raid has to be the worst of the charged armour raids so far.

We should be able to clear a target in 1 hit  but the charge is being stripped a ridiculous rate, making the need for multiple retreats to complete a target.

It wouldn't be so bad if the armour life decreased slowly after the charge was depleted, so you could chose between more damage or more time BUT unless you retreat when the charge is gone, your fleet is sunk.

We need either more charge or the damage output to actually be balanced to the current tech.
    Naaa, it's a luxury item, remember?  And Kix said we wouldn't need Rad armour for this raid either. 
    it was only termed a "luxury item" when it was first released and wasn't working quite right
    I believe the specific wording from the GD was "until we get the bugs worked out, this should be considered a luxury item."
    that took about a week
    since then, it is common knowledge that the charged armor is the best armor in the game for PvE targets.

radiation damage is not a problem as long as you don't sit in the fire fields....
    "Every time there is a change in the game it seems the general reply is a complaint about the changes before they ever happen.  However every time the game changes we use strategy and adapt to the changes and we get used to them. .....without these changes, the game would become boring." -captaindirty 10/31/2017
  • Fleenk
    Fleenk
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 97
    Has anyone had problems with the countermeasures not working like they should??? I have 1 sprint an 1 Phalanx 4 on each bug but still bein hit by rad missiles....just took 48 minute damage from a 41, with 1 buc in it thats crazy.......
    But why is the RUM gone???
  • RRRrrr
    RRRrrr
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 14
    Good job Kix--you've just sat me out of a raid for the first time in YEARS.  
  • Bloodhammer9
    Bloodhammer9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 53
    Seriously Kix, what's up with the meager resource payouts during raids recently? The cargo capacity of the skirmish fleets is annoying small, but a full buccanneer fleet should be able to hold 20M, 100M at 500%. I only have a three-ship fleet and even that fleets comes home after a T7 target with less than 80% res? Seriously, WTH. Was expecting to be able to fill up with res during this raid. The raid is an utter disaster, you got greedy by giving the (crappy) auto-hull as a prize last event without enough time to build the skill hull after we could win it, you said it wouldn't be required to have the skill hull this event but the bonus from the T7 targets is higher than a single target payout, points payout is meager, and you won't even give out some res? Seriously? You thought that last years siege raid was such a success that you would repeat that utter disaster by giving out the auto hull first again?
  • blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,817
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 6:17PM
    Fleenk said:
    Has anyone had problems with the countermeasures not working like they should??? I have 1 sprint an 1 Phalanx 4 on each bug but still bein hit by rad missiles....just took 48 minute damage from a 41, with 1 buc in it thats crazy.......
    Gotta ask do you have any cm speicals on?  FLCM would be the best choice since it will give your phalanx range advantage over the sprint thus allowing the phalanx to shoot at the missiles and the sprint to shoot at the clusters of rockets as intended.. If your sprint fires at the missile and misses the phalanx will no shoot at it again. The best way to handle the entire deal tho is 3 boats with 1 sprint each (dont need a cm special) and then 1 boat with 2 phalanx 4 and FLCM...
  • Nemo_Dutchman
    Nemo_Dutchman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 198
    is BP down?  keep getting disconnected...lol.  Kixeye must not want my coins.
  • pukki-ronaldo
    pukki-ronaldo
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 47
    Wow.. did the morons at Kix up damage in 60`s targets? Yesterday and this morning I did 1 full target, but now I cant even do ½ of the same ones.. Are you just so f.cking idiotic, you god **** dickless ****-wannabees?? f.ck you..lol.. I guess ny raid is done.. 
  • emil.georgi.7
    emil.georgi.7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 73
    Wow.. did the morons at Kix up damage in 60`s targets? Yesterday and this morning I did 1 full target, but now I cant even do ½ of the same ones.. Are you just so f.cking idiotic, you **** **** dickless ****-wannabees?? f.ck you..lol.. I guess ny raid is done.. 

Yeah bro.. tell them how you really feel.. :-)

• wing-dang-doodle
    wing-dang-doodle
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,190
    I think everyone needs to give it a chance and work on your driving. It's tough, but not as bad as everyone makes it sound.

I don't mind the targets. I have no problems with them. My old Ironclads do a B-set for less than 30 minutes damage. My headache comes from having to leave the S-targets three times to recharge my panels on my Buckaneers. They nerfed the panels so badly they are almost useless. In and out, in and out, in and out of the target. The raid has been in progress for 11 hours now in 226 and only 17 players have over a million points. This is very disappointing.

you could always sing the hokey cokey while your in and out
    you keep whining like me but we are still here, i love broken pixels, how about you
  • darkriblet
    darkriblet
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 212
    Just testing out a few different fleet types and it seems my buccs. take more damage in the targets then my ironclads do. this was tested in 61,63,65 why would my old fleet be so much better then this new higher tier fleet? So should I refit my ironclads?
  • Dario Wilkowski
    Dario Wilkowski
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 2,372
    im getting on ironclads in 41 auto 1min 20sec dmg. not ranked 70%, and on fresh 3min 30sec. So it must be ur build.
  • darkriblet
    darkriblet
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 212
    Fredgert2 said:
    And I say again to Kix: Games should be fun, fun needs choice; proscribing: play with this Hull + this weapon - or die & go away - is not Fun. All the target variation is nice but there needs to be more freedom of choice re hulls & weapons.
    I cant agree more, there needs to be choice in your builds they may not be as effective in targets then the recommended builds on certain hulls. but they could still be used. You can introduce new equipment without making other equipment obsolete. 
  • Joseph Anthony Jr
    Joseph Anthony Jr
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 37
    when niether my 2 fully built bucs cant do a 89 or harlock iron skulled cant do a 89 blitz , its game over for me  an no coin for greedy 

• dave_l
    dave_l
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 30
    edited 14 Jan 2018, 11:29AM
    You asked this question 22 hours ago

Your question has been rerouted to the company.

REROUTED TO 

and still waiting lol 

im still waiting 3 days on for kixeye to get to me about 7 years of putting money in this game and kixeye can not get back to you lol what a joke .

• Ironman359
    Ironman359
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 552
    Why would I want to buy a fleet of Cannoneers when every says they don't work. Some things defy logic.
    H Tides
  • ScurvaceousScab
    ScurvaceousScab
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 224
    Under 40k players for a raid seems to be the norm now. Way to go Kixeye another one I pass on!
    ScurvaceouScab
    User ID:145***
    Joined 8th of March 2011
    Born in sector 50 

Genuine black water player who was there at the start.......
  • Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,568
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 7:24PM
    Sure you up the points in B sets (60s) but also the damage.  Was doing 2 complete sets last night on auto then repairing, now barley making it through one set.  Same crew and all legendary ranked.  
    Yep....like my alli mate said....

The 24hr damage multiplier has engaged.

You can flag it all you want, we all know its true.
  • M_D-NDT
    M_D-NDT
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 132

Same fleet of IC’s on auto in a 41 and I have seen damage vary from 3 mins 5 secs to 38 mins 41 secs.... little extreme? Oh btw while driving have seen up to 20 mins variations in damage on them. The 60’s are same way. Mind blown

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,030
    Sure you up the points in B sets (60s) but also the damage.  Was doing 2 complete sets last night on auto then repairing, now barley making it through one set.  Same crew and all legendary ranked.  
    Yep....like my alli mate said....

The 24hr damage multiplier has engaged.
    Yeah, no.  I just ran through a pair of 60 sets and am getting my standard 1.5-hour repair bill.
  • kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,043

@steshot said:
    ignoring all the stuff we hate for a sec, i have 1 other issue with this raid and s target - ...
    We are getting almost no res from these targtes, so as i build ships, i'm running out of res.
    I'd rather not end up going back to old days of collecting res for hours. That is an insult to your experienced players, and easy for u to resolve, and little to no cost to you.
    Please UP the RES from S target!!!

I have been noticing newer targets have been paying out less and less resources. My money's on to make more people do yet another chore like collecting off cargo. Or collecting off their campaigns. You can no longer rely on collect basepart or titanium and so on to fill your ships. The older targets still have a good amount but everything new has crap.

• Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,030
    M_D-NDT said:

Same fleet of IC’s on auto in a 41 and I have seen damage vary from 3 mins 5 secs to 38 mins 41 secs.... little extreme? Oh btw while driving have seen up to 20 mins variations in damage on them. The 60’s are same way. Mind blown

The boats will take random detours around the oil rigs and shipyards based on, it appears, the whims of the fae.  Those random detours will change everything.
  • ebakanezzer
    ebakanezzer
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2
    i have all prizes on the list to get to locked prizes but can not purchase any locked prizes.
  • wolf123
    wolf123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 3,324
    i have all prizes on the list to get to locked prizes but can not purchase any locked prizes.
    that gets unlocked later on into the raid, so you could basically sleep half of the entire raid if you wanted.
    ever had  a problem where you log on and someone is hitting your base, and wanted to view the world map while it happens? try this.
    1/select leadersboard.
    2/select player's medals.
    3/select any player there.
    4/select "find base"
    that may or may not take you to world map.
  • CptBlackEye-0
    CptBlackEye-0
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 354
    Wow.. did the morons at Kix up damage in 60`s targets? Yesterday and this morning I did 1 full target, but now I cant even do ½ of the same ones.. Are you just so f.cking idiotic, you **** **** dickless ****-wannabees?? f.ck you..lol.. I guess ny raid is done.. 
    My ironclads were doing the 60s targets for repairs in the dock ranging from insta (per ship) to 3 minutes wait before I went to bed. The 3 sets I've done since waking up have my repairs at double yesterdays numbers for 61 and 65, but slightly less for 63s. I did 3 sets to make sure it wasn't just my groggy driving. Nope, its kix's adjustments.
  • I Am Dark
    I Am Dark
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 52
    Again over priced over damage, No coins or raid time for me YOU SUCK, keep going like this Kixs and your going to be bankrupt by this time next year with a dead game. Your greed again causing more and more people to give up bye.
  • mWild
    mWild
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 108
    KIxeye   so why is the new armour 10 mil  how do we know your not going to adjust it in the future... ?  
This discussion has been closed.