How about a Bomber Kixeye

ARCTIC SWAGG
ARCTIC SWAGG
Skilled Warrior
Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 426
I'd like to see Corpus gain a unit that incorporates bomber planes similar to raptors onis etc. Stealthy Oni's ideally.  But to enhance durability and create some fun give them a hero bomber  that soaks up damage for them. Maybe half the size of phantom visually.  So it would be A hero and his bombers ready to smash a hole in some of these bases quickly with authority. 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,495

Only 2 problems

1 how much control you have over it? The war rig and seige squadron prove that a unit of that style is garbage if you can't get a lot of control over it.

2 corpus hardly needs another air unit and definitely not another air hero. I think this would be more in line with how the survivors operate.

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Kairento
    Kairento
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 518
    nametagg0 said:

Only 2 problems

1 how much control you have over it? The war rig and seige squadron prove that a unit of that style is garbage if you can't get a lot of control over it.

2 corpus hardly needs another air unit and definitely not another air hero. I think this would be more in line with how the survivors operate.

We can't judge if the Siege Squad is actually a piece of crap the first month we own them.
    But for now, yea, it's really really bad
    Kết quả hình ảnh cho samuel hayden doom
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    nametagg0 said:

Only 2 problems

Control would be similar to the Oni and Raptors, click on target and watch destruction unfold.  I mean what military doesn't have bombers or fighter jets?  

I've sided with Corpus so im prolly a little bias, but bombers of mass destruction coupled with stealth just seem to be more fit for the Corpus faction. Not only that but we have a plethera of helicopters, I'd like to see some fast hard hitting strafe run bombers for cheap coin to start punishing some of these brutal player bases.
  • Ronny_E76
    Ronny_E76
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 808
    there should be no new stuff next time...they should fix all the game issues!!!!
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Ronny_E76 said:
    there should be no new stuff next time...they should fix all the game issues!!!!
    Oh c'mon Ronny, you cant sit here and say stealthy bombers  coupled with a hero to put a hole in a loud mouths base wouldn't be a wonderful addition to our arsenal.  Besides we're so used to issues with game it honestly dont bother me no more its just a part of the game.  
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord

@Kairento said:
    nametagg0 said:

Only 2 problems

We can't judge if the Siege Squad is actually a piece of crap the first month we own them.
    But for now, yea, it's really really bad

People have proven its elite version is bad...unless its armor goes from paper to super ultra mega omega airtight blast-bullet and laser resistant shielding. I think its pretty safe to say its not worth it.

@ARCTIC SWAGG said:
    nametagg0 said:

Only 2 problems

Control would be similar to the Oni and Raptors, click on target and watch destruction unfold.  I mean what military doesn't have bombers or fighter jets?  

I've sided with Corpus so im prolly a little bias, but bombers of mass destruction coupled with stealth just seem to be more fit for the Corpus faction. Not only that but we have a plethera of helicopters, I'd like to see some fast hard hitting strafe run bombers for cheap coin to start punishing some of these brutal player bases.

I agree that the stealth would make it likely to be in corpus but the classification of a bomber would lead me to think more towards the sentinels drive warfare playstyles and the type of unit your describing makes me think more to the survivors theme of rushing into a base with a large amount of cheap units.
    (Tl:Dr tech is corpus like but the playstyle isn't)

as a fellow corpus player I think we are in need of more tech in our offensive ground units as we have 5 air units and 3 ground units that arnt worthless as offensive units but 0 tank units Polly is close but without her tech is still a support unit. (Plus its hard to tank when your invisible)

@Ronny_E76 said:

Your in tough luck then as kixeye is more likely to add this than to solve any pressing issues.

• ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Maybe they could make them neutral so they fit in with all factions and depending on your faction they would possess the faction traits you have chosen.  
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Maybe they could make them neutral so they fit in with all factions and depending on your faction they would possess the faction traits you have chosen.  
    they stated that neutral units arnt happening,