Official 8.02 Release Notes Discussion Thread

CM_Burny
CM_Burny
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,335
Greetings Commanders,

Please discuss everything regarding the 8.01 Release Notes here!

Release Notes
January Gear Store Update
WC & VC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • TheBOund
    TheBOund
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 435
    joining my Sentinels faction stoped last update plz fix with this one
    you can keep asking why and complain or u can team up with others and complain till u get things done
  • chaoshq
    chaoshq
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 436

@CM_Burny said:
    Greetings Commanders,

Release Notes

8.02 not 8.01

Anyway lately it seems pointless discussing anything...noone comments or gets back to you.

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 3,656
    Disappointed that no new SF era tech has been cycled into the gear store. My Dante and Doran are in dire need of Omega Armor and Fractured Rounds before they can get any real use in today's game (I have the rest of their tech from October Nightmare and prior, but base unit tech is still nowhere to be seen for years).
  • RVC DAN
    RVC DAN
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 608
    CM_Burny said:
    Greetings Commanders,

Release Notes
    glitch what is use for kick players from defense when is fixet ???
    TAO--DAN
  • CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    chaoshq said:

@CM_Burny said:
    Greetings Commanders,

Release Notes

8.02 not 8.01

Anyway lately it seems pointless discussing anything...noone comments or gets back to you.

The discussion thread is generally more for the community to discuss the notes. I try to chime in when I can, but this week the podcast editing is taking a lot of my time unfortunately. I will try to be better and responding on these threads for you guys.

• kixeyeuser_433374622_26071_9365386
    kixeyeuser_433374622_26071_9365386
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 74
    looks to me that from the update notes you are reducing units and gear medal pricing and also removing it from the gear store.. its not clear which.........
  • RANA78612
    RANA78612
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 4
    edited 10 Jan 2018, 7:15PM
    Still no infamy Leader board error fix :neutral:
  • CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Disappointed that no new SF era tech has been cycled into the gear store. My Dante and Doran are in dire need of Omega Armor and Fractured Rounds before they can get any real use in today's game (I have the rest of their tech from October Nightmare and prior, but base unit tech is still nowhere to be seen for years).
    I can definitely put in a request for this in future Gear Store Updates.

• Pascal Wolf
    Pascal Wolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 668
    Great job on lowerering the gear store prices , but you also lowerd weavers heroic techs , to a nice ammounth ready for me to buy them but to bad you gonna remove them the same time from gear store 
  • red.neck.921677
    red.neck.921677
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 37
    What About the Leader Board No Word Yet Still No Fix Yet Months and Months LAter Still Nothing Wrong Said they was Working on a "NEW" One So where is it are you guys Every Going to fix it or Not come on now Guys its 2018 
  • Tricia-EXM
    Tricia-EXM
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 104
    when is the leaderboard going to be fixed

• kixeyeuser_433374622_26071_9365386
    kixeyeuser_433374622_26071_9365386
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 74
    What About the Leader Board No Word Yet Still No Fix Yet Months and Months LAter Still Nothing Wrong Said they was Working on a "NEW" One So where is it are you guys Every Going to fix it or Not come on now Guys its 2018 
    Would be nice..... its been a long time... surely some kind of update concerning this?
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord
    Also, @CM_Burny, aside from putting a word in for Ultra Tank and Nightmare tech in the gear store, can you give us an estimate when the new leaderboard will be implemented? I was kind of expecting it to be this update to coincide with the new PvP season and its features.
  • Soulreefer420
    Soulreefer420
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 8
    Yet, You haven't discussed in whether The "Leader board" itself has been corrected and fixed. so that it will show correctly as soon as it has been pulled up. At the moment, it has been either; Showing no one on leader board, Or Not even showing correct leader board players location on their spot on the leader board.
    SR420
  • CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Regarding Leaderboards, we talk about it a little bit on the podcast which will hopefully be launching today. Please stay tuned for that and I do apologize for the delay on that.

• Thug.Life
    Thug.Life
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 168

Try to giv u focus on performance not on new units

Be you self, enjoy in free time to play whit friends and have fun!
    MASNY_1389_SRB
  • JamesHowlett
    JamesHowlett
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,005
    So Nyx price was reduced but was also removed from the store?  If it's been removed a price decrease is useless
    Daisy's!  I'm pushing up Daisy's!  Cause everyone loves Daisy's!  Everything is perfect in this game and I love Daisy's
  • warrhead
    warrhead
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 51
    You Folks at Kix are really mean sick people
    you lower the prices on the Heroes in medals and at the same time remove them. ?

The only glimmer of hope I have is that u might bring them back to buy when they are absolutely obsolete
  • Sarkis 2
    Sarkis 2
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 558
    @CM_Burny
    can you please ask the team to add juggernuat base and phalanx base to map ?
    RFT admin

• Adam6743
    Adam6743
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 33
    Difficult to get excited over, say, Weaver's cost reduction in the Gear store if he's been removed before anyone can take advantage of it.
  • RVC DAN
    RVC DAN
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 608
    New bug :D

TAO--DAN
  • xXMARATHONXx
    xXMARATHONXx
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 109

A little bit late for xmas, but thank u so much kix.

"Silence fills the empty grave, now that I have gone. But my mind is not at rest, for questions linger on. I will ask, and you will answer."
  • Kenkyona Shinobi
    Kenkyona Shinobi
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 871
    CM_Burny said:
    Greetings Commanders,

Release Notes

The biggest issue with Heavy Turret's is in effective levels if the team would look close you
    would notice that the leveling of Heavy Turret's are under level verses other Heavy's. You
    have 2 Heavy's that cap out at level 15 and 2 that cap out at level 10. There is something
    majorly wrong with the level cap system. If you are aiming to fix Heavy Turret's you need
    to also factor in what they are used for. ~WT stated that using swarm of air would be very
    effective verses air defense. I do not see that being possible if the Heavy Turret's design
    was specifically designed for specific reasoning. If you want to be technical 2 was designed
    specifically for air and 2 was designed specifically for ground. The player would incounter
    more damage if they used ground verse ground Heavy Turret's and the same would hold
    true for Air units facing air Heavy Turret's. I do not believe splash damage was the root or
    the cause to ineffective Heavy Turret's. I believe the cause to ineffective Heavy' Turret's was
    more related to not shooting properly. RUBI is a big issue in all combats if the team would 
    look close at Shadow Ops Heavy Turret's they could correct base Heavy Turret's. If the team
    aims to fixing the issue they have to start at the root of the problem which is that they do not
    shoot properly. I have noticed better DPS and shoot timers however, believe it will not fix the
    current issue with them shooting properly. Area of Effect (AEO) could be swapped for radius
    I do not believe radius was the issue however, reducing them to zero radius is just makes it
    the Heavy Turret's less effective. To be honest Kixeye should come out with a new line of Heavy
    Turret's tailored specifically for fractions and reduce the current Heavy Turret's for new players
    and members to bring balance in for all players. The newly tailored Heavy Turret's change out
    looks when switching fraction, fraction bonus and other key factors could be added into the new
    Heavy Turret's. As they once said "Out with the old and in with the new....."  
  • General_Plastiras
    General_Plastiras
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 96
    Iam reading wrong post or you do not know what you post???

Fix for omega hydra bases and corpus bases. Is that a joke??? Those will not be on map in January so what you fix????

Reduce price in gear most the prices were removed and you announcing their price reduction. 

the only thing good you made is bringing workshop of unique units in gear. Forgot fire workshop and that mean black out fire drone. 
  • CM_Burny
    CM_Burny
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    edited 10 Jan 2018, 9:40PM
    Adam6743 said:
    Difficult to get excited over, say, Weaver's cost reduction in the Gear store if he's been removed before anyone can take advantage of it.
    Some of the Items receiving price reductions listed in the briefing post are not available in this month's gear store. That's not to say they won't ever be available there again. I will get some clarification on those for future Gear Store Updates.

Edit: Also, for future reference, we have been announcing Gear Store removals on the Release Notes one week in advance. Please keep an eye out for that as well.

• Valhalla76
    Valhalla76
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,148
    I honestly think you are wasting your time, I have all the tech for both these units and all important stuff is gold, I did some testing last week for many hours using all the old heros with a caretaker to see if any benefit, and I was shocked now how weak dante and baldur are now compared to the current faction equivalents, Doran is a handy unit, mainly for killing infantry but again the vindicators now do this better.
  • Valhalla76
    Valhalla76
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,148
    edited 10 Jan 2018, 11:24PM
    Burny can you please notify the game team that the current diamond tech for units is broken, I did some testing with a friend,  1v1 with 1 unit both our units was the same level and had the same tech equipped apart from he had diamond tech equipped and I removed mine and yet I still beat him in battles, we tested the phalanx, I shall test all the other units over the next few days thanks
  • Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,267
    edited 10 Jan 2018, 11:58PM
    i honestly don`t understand why CM`s are asking to discuss issues, what can`t be handled on forum, in pm, when they don`t answer them
    i can put the issue on forum, but i am sure they will say i violate the TOS again, but i guess the issue is interesting enough for all overseas players, 
    so CM Burny do you mind to talk before i rattle up things? 
    same with discussion about the release notes, you say its: we can discusse them ... i always thought we could discusse them togheter kixeye versus community and find solutions and compromises, but i guess kixeye have a different opion about discussing and communication regardless all promises
    You thought the imaginary wasn`t possible?
    You thought Scrooge was bad? 
    think again 
    lvl 46 now (april 2018)... lets bet .. how many years to 47? 
  • Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord

@Valhalla76 said:
    Jason Ensinger said:

I honestly think you are wasting your time, I have all the tech for both these units and all important stuff is gold, I did some testing last week for many hours using all the old heros with a caretaker to see if any benefit, and I was shocked now how weak dante and baldur are now compared to the current faction equivalents, Doran is a handy unit, mainly for killing infantry but again the vindicators now do this better.

Dante with Caretakers could work well with the extra splash, and Dante could make a good tank to pair with Legendary Hellfires not being a priority target. Dante is just too weak against Avalanche without Omega Armor.

• Jason Ensinger
    Jason Ensinger
    Unicorn Overlord

Doran with Caretakers*