Resources

Jeremy Adamson
Jeremy Adamson
Minor Nuisance
Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 136

I haven't been able to save more than 300 mil ore in almost a year. You promised resource riots, but if you ever had one I missed it. We have a riot every other day, but aren't allowed to exchange points for res. What gives? Free ships left and right but no res to refit them, upgrades on all kinds of base modules, but no res to start them. We need resources. Please. @CM Chris

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,113

Any alien and Axis fleet holds large amounts of resources.

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3hqSMJekKIfNmtsa2NTMUl2QWM?usp=sharing

Practically all the information you need for the game.

• Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,466

--snip-- You promised resource riots --snip--

I don't think they ever promised that.  Perhaps you misinterpreted that every Planet and Sector Strike has options to buy resources for intel?   

Some tips:  It's common to make fleets that are dedicated to hauling cargo.  During the last major event I had them following my hunting fleets.  I acquired enough resources to make the final ship factory upgrade.   If you're lazy about it, ask people in sector chat if you can take from their kills.  Most people tend on the generous side, especially during an event.  You can gain a fair amount of resources that way as well. 

Need to file a ticket?  Go here: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Forum Rules: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/530465
    ::Read everything I write in the calm, neutral tones of Star Trek's Spock::
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,553
    I single handedly hauled over 68 million resources every flight from the alien wormhole during the crafting event. In 2 trips I had 1/3 of what you say you cannot obtain. 
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,796
    Junren-JS said:

I don't think they ever promised that.  Perhaps you misinterpreted that every Planet and Sector Strike has options to buy resources for intel?   

Some tips:  It's common to make fleets that are dedicated to hauling cargo.  During the last major event I had them following my hunting fleets.  I acquired enough resources to make the final ship factory upgrade.   If you're lazy about it, ask people in sector chat if you can take from their kills.  Most people tend on the generous side, especially during an event.  You can gain a fair amount of resources that way as well. 

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/719511

SUPPLY RUN (RESOURCES)

On December 18th, we are adding high-level Resource Supply Runs to the schedule.

#Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    Junren-JS said:

SUPPLY RUN (RESOURCES)

On December 18th, we are adding high-level Resource Supply Runs to the schedule.

There's a far cry of difference between "high-level resource supply runs" and "resource riots".  The former implies ships you need to down in order to obtain said resources.  The latter implies the old style riots where you exchange intel for resources.  As far as I understand it, those old style Riots are something that Kixeye wanted to move away from. 
    Need to file a ticket?  Go here: https://vegaconflict.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Junren-JS said:
    Junren-JS said:

SUPPLY RUN (RESOURCES)

There's a far cry of difference between "high-level resource supply runs" and "resource riots".  The former implies ships you need to down in order to obtain said resources.  The latter implies the old style riots where you exchange intel for resources.  As far as I understand it, those old style Riots are something that Kixeye wanted to move away from. 
    Yes but I'm pretty sure Jeremy was referring to the resource supply runs, not an actual RIOT for resources.
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,625
    As much as I want resources to get the FB16 upgrade running, I don't want to risk getting hit by stealing, even if it's in the Colony sector. That said, I did get a lot of Ore and AM in the crafting event. Let's see how many can figure out how. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 2,100
    As much as I want resources to get the FB16 upgrade running, I don't want to risk getting hit by stealing, even if it's in the Colony sector. That said, I did get a lot of Ore and AM in the crafting event. Let's see how many can figure out how. 
    Farming Bases????????
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Farming Bases????????
    Nope. It's often overlooked because it frustrates players. 

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician
    Farming Bases????????
    Nope. It's often overlooked because it frustrates players. 
    Autoing the planet strike Mineral targets with AM SCOOP ships
  • CrazyEyez69
    CrazyEyez69
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 45

No I think it’s from the crafting boxes. Less patterns and more Rez drops per roll on opening the boxes.

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician

No I think it’s from the crafting boxes. Less patterns and more Rez drops per roll on opening the boxes.

true that... winner winner chicken dinner
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1

You guessed it right. 

You must admit, it's a bold move. People avoid the Xeno boxes due to the horrendous drop rates. But, they're missing out on valuable resources. 

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician

You guessed it right. 

You must admit, it's a bold move. People avoid the Xeno boxes due to the horrendous drop rates. But, they're missing out on valuable resources. 
    yeah i picked up a few punisher boxes, after i maxed out the Guardians, even thou i will probably never craft or build them again.

i ended up with about 600+ million Mineral and AM from collecting while i was waiting to get a harvester hit, plus i wasted at least the same in Helium as i am at MAX capacity on Helium (OVER 1.8 BILLION)
  • Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    edited 11 Jan 2018, 11:48PM
    Junren-JS said:
    Junren-JS said:

SUPPLY RUN (RESOURCES)

Yes but I'm pretty sure Jeremy was referring to the resource supply runs, not an actual RIOT for resources.
    Fair point.  Though the OP was also saying that he could not save resources for the past year, when these rollouts only began on the 11th of December.  So, what, a month last year accounts for a year's worth of progress?  If you look more closely and see that the roll out for that particular event began on the 18th...

Also, you may wish to see this thread:  https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/721110

There was a bug in their payouts, so rather than simply having the runs occur but frustrating players with not giving correct payouts, the event is being fixed at the moment. 

Anyway, as for the chests that drop resources as well as patterns and parts, fine, I stand corrected.  In my mind though, you still have to kill things for them.  *Shrugs*, to each their own logic. 

• OnionD
    OnionD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 326

When are resource supply runs coming back?

• Jeremy Adamson
    Jeremy Adamson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 136

@Junren-JS said:
    Jeremy Adamson said:

They did promise resource riots, look through the forums

• Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord

@Junren-JS said:
    Jeremy Adamson said:

They did promise resource riots, look through the forums

No, tell me when resource riots were promised.  I don't recall that ever being a thing.
    (\__/)
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,640
    If they announce that there will be resources supply run on week schedule then i would take that as promise to have them there. Otherwise why announce it at all?
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • RedFish2525
    RedFish2525
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 34
    I don't understand why people have trouble getting res. Destroyer fleets of (VSEC LEVEL!) Impulse Lances and/or Damocles destroyers with a Carrier can Auto up to Elite 50 Cargo with minimal rep (Hit Radiers for bonus crafting material). Those run all the time and spawn in the system rings so you can avoid Aggro. Mark them up, and/or add a swarm Carrier and you can do 53s and 55s, on Auto. The 55s hurt a lot more but throw in some Exterminators or Liberators and you can do 55s almost endlessly, on Auto. I've farmed 100 million+ ore with Insta rep on the whole fleet. All you have to do is keep the cargo fleets running. You can do it on mobile while waiting at the doctor's office or watching TV. It's boring but that's why they call it a grind.
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    edited 13 Jan 2018, 7:44PM
    How long did it take you to get that 100 mil ore? I example just used over 300 mil ore with in 5 min. I need at least 300-400 mil every 3 days at least just do keep my upgrades and crafting going. And when i start  fleetbay upgrade 1,2 mil ore. Before these new upgrades come i had no real problem with ore but now i farm like 1,5-2 mil ore per week and still running low. Tried vega55-s. Did not cut it. moved on to high lvl alien fleets to get more ressies per fleet.
  • RedFish2525
    RedFish2525
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 34
    An Elite 50-55 has about (vaguely rounding) 5 million ore in it. How long does it take you to kill 20 or so fleets? How many destroyer fleets can you fly? How many cargo fleets can you run? Is there competition for targets? I can say it didn't take me very long. I even got a bonus for doing a BA mission at the same time.
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    An Elite 50-55 has about (vaguely rounding) 5 million ore in it. How long does it take you to kill 20 or so fleets? How many destroyer fleets can you fly? How many cargo fleets can you run? Is there competition for targets? I can say it didn't take me very long. I even got a bonus for doing a BA mission at the same time.
    I example killing alien fleets and collect all the cargo and getting 20 mil ore per fleet. I stick to these and even that takes too **** long if you ask me. Jumping with jav so i dont waste time to fly around. Soon i dont need to upgrade tech buildings anymore and then this problem for me at least going away. I think i have only factory last upgrade left and then i have only ressies modules to upgrade but these dont take so much ore anymore.
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,553
    well I needed 500 million mineral to do my final fleet bay upgrade. I went 13 seconds away to an alliance-less base with 5 cargo ships and one siege driver trident. 30 minutes later I had 200m mineral out of him. Flew to the next planet and repeated it. Now I'm done with 100m mineral left over. How hard is this? Find someone killing lvl 100 fleets and steal their cargo or ask them for it. 30m per haul. 

If you want resources you actually have to get on the chat and ask people for it, or just kill someone and take it for yourself. Bunch of care-bears in this chat now. I already said I filled up all my storages by hauling 80m every 5 minutes from the crafting runs in the alien sector. I literally had every green ship I owned out there hauling cargo, and I still couldn't take it all.    How hard can this possibly be?  I'm one of those people who will GIVE you free cargo from my base if you ask me - but no one asks.
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • gary.87
    gary.87
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 246
    I don't understand why people have trouble getting res. Destroyer fleets of (VSEC LEVEL!) Impulse Lances and/or Damocles destroyers with a Carrier can Auto up to Elite 50 Cargo with minimal rep (Hit Radiers for bonus crafting material). Those run all the time and spawn in the system rings so you can avoid Aggro. Mark them up, and/or add a swarm Carrier and you can do 53s and 55s, on Auto. The 55s hurt a lot more but throw in some Exterminators or Liberators and you can do 55s almost endlessly, on Auto. I've farmed 100 million+ ore with Insta rep on the whole fleet. All you have to do is keep the cargo fleets running. You can do it on mobile while waiting at the doctor's office or watching TV. It's boring but that's why they call it a grind.
    dont be posting that here... now greedeye going to make some changes. lol
  • David van Winkle
    David van Winkle
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2017 Posts: 27
    Haul 250m a hit from noob bases and get bonus tears