Official Decimation Discussion Thread

• Master Baku
    Master Baku
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 339

Anyone figured out the ancient fortress target yet? Lol... They look absolutely rediculous.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,219

@Master Baku said:
    Anyone figured out the ancient fortress target yet? Lol... They look absolutely rediculous.

Wait fot me and cyrus.... calvary is coming soon ;)

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,219

@Rico Pobre said:
    come on Kix you really think we the mid level player's can do this?

You arent even supposed to do decimation because youre only mid level. Go get tier 6 tech then come back and try again. Kix has alr made this clear.

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Chaos Slayer
    Chaos Slayer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 101
    At first, the Ancient Fortress apparently had a ridiculous layout... but when I got to deal with one, it was actually fun
    My fleet is growing!
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,896
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 12:33AM
    At first, the Ancient Fortress apparently had a ridiculous layout... but when I got to deal with one, it was actually fun
    Ever saw Geir's Fortress in Eradication? Watch the event trailer for a view of it. That's what these new Outposts (called Fortress) are based off from. 

If you weed out the initial Reapers and the Ancient Harvester, you get about 9K on a L90. Not worth it. And they reheal back to 100% if not finished in one go. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | Shinkuro Shōkan! Kōrin seyo, Saibāsu Kuantamu Doragon!

• Chaos Slayer
    Chaos Slayer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 101
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 12:41AM
    Ever saw Geir's Fortress in Eradication? Watch the event trailer for a view of it. That's what these new Outposts (called Fortress) are based off from. 

If you weed out the initial Reapers and the Ancient Harvester, you get about 9K on a L90. Not worth it. And they reheal back to 100% if not finished in one go. 
    why are you telling me that? i already destroyed a few of those targets right now (of course in one hit)...
    My fleet is growing!
  • TorinAldred
    TorinAldred
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 158

They aren't a walk in the park but they are not terrible either, if you see me online ping me and I'll show you.

UO Count: 99,959
    Updated: 06/14/2017
  • TheDude84
    TheDude84
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 183
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 4:37AM
    This event is bull! all of 1k never gets past phase 2 because no one is hitting the stupid hive fleets! The stupid thing keeps resetting! I've been waiting for hours for phase 3 to come... Why can't you just have a good balance of different fleet types so people actually participate? 
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • Steven Parsons
    Steven Parsons
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 90
    yes for god sakes the phases are SO STUPID. Get rid of them. Everyone hates them.
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 1,125
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 5:59AM
    Where the he.ll are level 70 outposts? Not a single one anywhere, what's going on? And why is "h e l l" prohibited? Lol.
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    Looks like harvesters are also too strong that only 70 get attacked. What seemed to be fun event turn out not worth doing at all. Nice one kixeye. Good joke.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • TheDude84
    TheDude84
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 183
    RaniRahn said:
    Looks like harvesters are also too strong that only 70 get attacked. What seemed to be fun event turn out not worth doing at all. Nice one kixeye. Good joke.
    yeah man finally after about 5 hours of waiting I got to hit some harvesters, one 80 and two 70s cost me 9 hours of rep for only 420k... and all my axis cruisers are mark 3+.
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,681
    This event seems to be testing some of the more massive targets and their power curves. With my more limited time to play lately, I rather enjoy a 1-10 hit reap and repair method, but some of these things are just too hard. 100 Hive loses you 3 punisher cruisers or guardian cruisers no matter what you do, and mine are build for such a fight. I feel that is a bit much considering it got me a whole half an elite credit. I won't even look at the alien bases  ...   In general this event seems too hard/strong for most players   ....  again.    Lack of turncoats and renegades makes it incredibly boring as well.    Phases still suck.    But at least there are no mind-numbingly stupid bugs this time. 
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Chris, fix level 80 outposts, they have normal hp, but deal insane damage, much more than level 100 outposts. Lv90 outposts give me about 2 hours repair, but lv80 gave almost 6 hours.
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,653
    Sequestor said:
    Where the he.ll are level 70 outposts? Not a single one anywhere, what's going on? And why is "h e l l" prohibited? Lol.
    Indeed they are not spawning, and without MK2 there is not need to farm for higher MKs.

Funny is the message that appears when looking for the tagged outpost... "wait for more to spawn", I wonder why wasting players time?
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 2:20PM
    They actually spawn, but there is a very limited amount of them and they are replaced by level 80 on the same area, because they share the spawn field. And lv80 is OP and nobody attacks them.
    Like i said before, kixeye didn't prepare the game for the merge and they don't care about such inferior things.
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,653
    Sequestor said:
    They actually spawn, but there is a very limited amount of them and they are replaced by level 80 on the same area, because they share the spawn field. And lv80 is OP and nobody attacks them.
    Like i said before, kixeye didn't prepare the game for the merge and they don't care about such inferior things.
    I am not sure if level 80 is OP or not, the issue I have is that 80 drop different boxes from 70, there is no logic in having so limited amount of 70 compared to 80, and yes you care correct they share the same spawn field which also make very little logic... I am not sure if the reason is the one you stated, since the spawn logic has been the same flawed one since the introduction of those fields... 
  • Sequestor
    Sequestor
    Incursion Leader
    Now there is a shortage of level 100 bases.. the outpost spawn rate definitely needs to be increased.
  • LadyViper64
    LadyViper64
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 279
    well i see the Phase's are back an Kixeye does not listen to feedback about them ive set online 30 min waitin for Phase 2 ta get done so Kixeye will loose more players due ta the lack of listening to there customers 
  • Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 311
    edited 12 Jan 2018, 5:57PM
    well i see the Phase's are back an Kixeye does not listen to feedback about them ive set online 30 min waitin for Phase 2 ta get done so Kixeye will loose more players due ta the lack of listening to there customers 
    Work As Intended (TM): Kixeye lose only No-pay4win player, during the 30 min Fase the Pay4Win Player can finally have time to kill other player....   ..they Pay for This ! 
    - Mascotte of N0VA - Italia -
  • BatteryChucker
    BatteryChucker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 521
    Not only that but in one sector it got to phase 2 and there wasn't enough fleets being hit so it skipped phase 3 altogether.  They do realize that players in other sectors may actually travel to a different sector to hit the fleets they want, so cancelling phases because of a lack of usage is really lame.
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    come on Kix you really think we the mid level player's can do this?
    No they don't think the Mid Level Player can do Decimations.   Decimation is for grabbing the elite tech.  Or catching that one ship BP you missed in the main.  Notice that all the prizes in this event have to do with going even higher on either your base or getting elite tokens to have fully marked ships.  

This event is not for Mid-level players who are just grabbing t6 tech.   It never has been. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • LadyViper64
    LadyViper64
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 279
    CM Chris said:
    Pushed a change to decrease the length of Phase 2. We are also looking to put Blitz Reapers in the next Decimation, as we understand Hives are a little unpopular.
    Blitz Reapers are OP for alot of mid ta lower players 

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    Decimation isn't meant for mid to low players.     
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • Wfang71
    Wfang71
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 215

@CM Chris said:
    Pushed a change to decrease the length of Phase 2. We are also looking to put Blitz Reapers in the next Decimation, as we understand Hives are a little unpopular.

Damnit Chris, denied me the chance to complain that phase 2 is taking long

(highlighted reviews from famous people)
    ''i never met anyone like him Before'' -Elon Musk,
    ''i wish i couldve explored the void as much as he has'' -Stephen Hawking,
    ''this dude is fu*king amazing'' -Eminem
  • Wfang71
    Wfang71
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 215

(sorry if I'm repeating this but a part of what I wrote in my last comment didn't make it or I'm having some sort of bug that doesn't let me see it.. So I'll type it here again) (can't edit on phone :/ )

I agree @CM Chris blitz reapers would be lovely to have, imo they are the most fun reapers edition so far

I was wondering if turncoats will ever appear again in future events

Ty

(highlighted reviews from famous people)
    ''i never met anyone like him Before'' -Elon Musk,
    ''i wish i couldve explored the void as much as he has'' -Stephen Hawking,
    ''this dude is fu*king amazing'' -Eminem
  • SteelSteve
    SteelSteve
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,681
    Thank you for the phase shortening Chris. Yes, infact, we would like to see a lot of variety in all of the events. Would it be too much to ask for decievers and renegades in phase 1, blitz and hive to appear in phase 2, and phase 3 kept the same since it's timed?  I don't think that is too much to ask and would make the event much more fun.
    I NEED ZYNTHIUM!!!    UID 5439584
  • ChRisC_2o0o
    ChRisC_2o0o
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 5
    Just been hitting level 70 ancient hives and then one opened with only 1 hive? So I tried to complete the battle, lost about 7.5 hours repair on my cutters. But I thought hey points. When I left, it was a level 75 Huh? Zero points for decimation (even though I thought I saw 500k flash up) and I am receiving part boxes?. Whats going on? Some chatter in the sector chat suggests its a known bug. But I can't find a forum post on it. What are these supposed xeno/axis supplier runs? Why are they coming out of the decimation alien worm holes during an event? I've raised a ticket. Now to wait till tomorrow for my fleet to fix :(
  • SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,896
    Just been hitting level 70 ancient hives and then one opened with only 1 hive? So I tried to complete the battle, lost about 7.5 hours repair on my cutters. But I thought hey points. When I left, it was a level 75 Huh? Zero points for decimation (even though I thought I saw 500k flash up) and I am receiving part boxes?. Whats going on? Some chatter in the sector chat suggests its a known bug. But I can't find a forum post on it. What are these supposed xeno/axis supplier runs? Why are they coming out of the decimation alien worm holes during an event? I've raised a ticket. Now to wait till tomorrow for my fleet to fix :(
    There is a difference between the Hives that spawn for supply runs and those that coincide with the Decimation. Sounds like you hit the former. Watch the name of the alien spires. Hit the wrong one and it'll cost you. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | Shinkuro Shōkan! Kōrin seyo, Saibāsu Kuantamu Doragon!