additional bay (ship refit station)

Da-Martian Man
Da-Martian Man
Greenhorn
Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 10
Please add a SHIP REFIT STATION to our bases cause while building 1 ship it would be a lot more affective to have a separate one just for refits instead of having to wait weeks for 1 ship to be done... We could have 1 for building and the other for refits.. i'm like a lot of others out there that got ships waiting to be refitted but every time we try and refit there is another ship we need to build....

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME GIVE US A .........SHIP REFIT STATION........ 
  • Mormegil04
    Mormegil04
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 196

Of all the time tokens, build and refit are the only ones with an overlapping structure.

Build tokens are offered freely during events, but refits are not. Hulls are offered freely but with no real way to discount their refitting.

If refitting isn't such a priority for the dev team, can't the players have an easier way to fit their equipment than juggling between building new ships they can discount heavily or refitting existing or newly won hulls at no discount?

• Mormegil04
    Mormegil04
    Minor Nuisance

I'd be happy if it were just a factory token instead of build tokens and refit tokens.

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,653
    Wow... again?
    Anyway yeah, it has been 3 weeks without asking for it...
  • Mormegil04
    Mormegil04
    Minor Nuisance

Falls on deaf ears I guess. I haven't seen any responses from the CM.

• OnionD
    OnionD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 326

Nope.

• Seardluin
    Seardluin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 269
    will never happen unfortunately

usually gets asked each month

and kix has stated every single time 'not gonna happen'

why? pure and simple greed/profit basically
    Sarcasm is implied where you think it is implied.

• AirChronic
    AirChronic
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 324
    Wow... again?
    yeah because it's the single most requested feature that the devs have continually ignored. and they wonder why player numbers are dropping?  

*shakes head*  
    also quit it with the snarky comments EVERY TIME this topic comes up, Andrea.   It really doesn't help and it just makes you look like a Kix shill. 

• RamWhite
    RamWhite
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 351

You must be new here.
    There are no refit bays.

VEGA security: active.
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 3,219

KIXEYE implemented tokens to address the problem of build/refit times, something the refit bay was meant to solve. Be grateful they implemented something to alleviate the matter.

Refit bay is not happening. Stop asking for it.

Admiral and Head Intelligence Officer of the Frontier Liberation Army.

VEGA Conflict Wiki: vega-conflict.wikia.com
    NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

Practically all the information you need for the game.
  • Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 207

Why should we be grateful for refit tokens that expire? They only introduced them because the game was dying because they killed it.

• Mauihook
    Mauihook
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 329

ways to look at this.

1. We get free hulls that only need time to farm and not coin.
    2. We get free hulls but only 2 events offer refit credits. Alliance wars and riot token event. So maybe it’s not all bad because 50% of something is better then 100% of nothing.
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Wow... again?
    yeah because it's the single most requested feature that the devs have continually ignored. and they wonder why player numbers are dropping?  

*shakes head*  
    also quit it with the snarky comments EVERY TIME this topic comes up, Andrea.   It really doesn't help and it just makes you look like a Kix shill. 

Time tokens are there, and was said over and over that no refit bay will happen, well you are free to insult and keep talking about something that will not happen, you got time tokens and that is with what you have to play with... like it or not.

But of course, whatever is not for free or trying to be logic means to be a kix shill, i am fine with that, you should ask yourself why you want all the goodies for free... and what is your life if everything should be given to you for free...
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Some maths...

1 riot every week, 4 days of refitting 
    2 decimation per month, 2 days of built
    8 alien strikes per month, 2 days of built
    Total in one month is 16 days of refitting, and  20 days built....

Hey is more than 1 month, so an extra bay is not needed, we got 36 days of tokens per month... but of course we need to work for them... 
  • SaffronSkies
    SaffronSkies
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 497
    ugggh... the customary refit bay thread. Never going to happen. KIX has said that a million times. 
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    What a new idea. No one have ever suggested that :trollface:
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • SaffronSkies
    SaffronSkies
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 497
    Some maths...

Hey is more than 1 month, so an extra bay is not needed, we got 36 days of tokens per month... but of course we need to work for them... 
    This. And you get the build & refit discounts as well. So plan ahead and its not an issue. It's an RTS. Real Time Strategy! 
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    WOW... this is a unique idea... why we did not think about that long ago... 

So you are saying we trade the time tokens for this new building? is that right?
  • GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord

Can one of the mods just merge all the refit bay threads together....... i would do it but im no mod :P

NPC Target Infographics Database: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1_EKMu0UVmG0219GrfHUkqZz-aDovGv9r

• treecats
    treecats
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 138
    Some maths...

lol, sure you can do all of this.  Is this game your life? are you living in it everyday for more than 8 hours?  Maybe you should spend sometime doing other things.  Get a job, move out mom's basement, maybe find a girlfriend.
  • Mormegil04
    Mormegil04
    Minor Nuisance

So what's the point of earning new ships if I can't fit them because of the builds I'm in the middle of.

Sure, not a new story and it's not a new struggle. Dynamics are new now.

I can get new ships then pay/wait on refits.

Or I can build new ships and earn build tokens to reduce build times.

I can't expect to do both. I can decide maybe I'll just pop in for build tokens or I can pop in for new hulls. But there's no real point to do both...unless I plan on dropping ongoing cash for a game whose CM has admitted to a significant and ongoing decline in participants. Why would that make sense?

• onlyfuzzy
    onlyfuzzy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 185

Merging all the refit threads is a good idea, however don’t close and lock the thread afterwards... or we will just see new threads about it. Kix says NO! That doesn’t mean that the players aren’t going to still want it.
    If players ask about a feature for long enough, a smart company would start to look at what their customers are requesting, and attempt to find someway to deliver for their customers.

• Mormegil04
    Mormegil04
    Minor Nuisance

The combined refit bay thread... queue "the neverending story" music and luck dragon that looks like a dog.

• Junren-JS
    Junren-JS
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 1,563
    They tend to be posted so far apart that to merge them gets tedious (an older thread might be buried under several other pages of posts).  Besides that, merging them usually gives "zombie status" to the older thread.  
    Despite the "VC Mod" forum tags, I am no longer a moderator.  Please go about your business and treat me like a fellow player.  Thanks! 
  • EliteRanger
    EliteRanger
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 976

Just allow the fleet bay the ability to refit weapons and the special slot only. And if you are refitting and repairing at the same time, then add 20% more time to the refit. Problem solved.

• Todd7123
    Todd7123
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,074

@GDIAX said:
    Can one of the mods just merge all the refit bay threads together....... i would do it but im no mod :P

I’ll merge the two on the front page.

I’m too old to merge them all before I die

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • treecats
    treecats
    Minor Nuisance
    Nothing, you are exactly right, you should be able to do what you want. If you coin to buy a new axis fleet over the Christmas, then you will have an easier time to farm the sector strike for T5 tier if you did not have already.

It's hard for players to go from T4 to T5, and then from T5 to T6 is even more difficult. 1 day event with shrinking intel does not help the situation for the non coiners.  That's all

• Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,727

Never going to happen... Period done dont bother arguing against my statement (have seen this MANY times, ever single time it was denied by kixeye)

born in sector 1100

alliance: LORD (VC only)

VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord

@Todd7123 said:

@GDIAX said:

I’ll merge the two on the front page.

I’m too old to merge them all before I die

Lmao thanks todd

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord

I mean lol, apparently l-m-a-o was censored xD

• treecats
    treecats
    Minor Nuisance
    There was a thread [email protected] was talking about the reason for not having a refit bay. One of them been it will give coiner a higher advantage over the non-coiners.  

This is certainly true.  But they don't understand the refit bay is going to help non-coiner even more.  The game is played mostly by the non-coiners. If non-coiners stop playing, then the coiners will definitely leave, therefore no more support for the game.  

Help the non-coiners catch up faster and make the game a little easier for the lower tier is gong to benefit the game.

non-coiners are the little fish, the coiners are the sharks prey on the little fish. If there are no little fish in the sea, the sharks are dead, and so is the sea.

Come on! Kixeye, help the little guys, and they will love you back, and spend a little too.