So many great heroes, so hard to find the space to use them. Here's all the suggestions I can remember for keeping these really cool SF heroes relevant over the long term. Feel free to add more suggestions that you think of.
1. Allow all heroes to fight with other heroes unrestricted. Just let them all go for it and let's see who's left standing.
2. Allow all SF heroes to fight with other SF heroes unrestricted. We could all have giant old superhero teams.
3. Allow any two heroes to fight at the same time. I'd love to have Ardra and Dante in the same plat.
4 Allow any two SF heroes to fight at the same time. Think of Jericho and Dante firing their tactics at the same time.
5. Allow one air hero and one ground hero to fight at the same time. No more retreating Ardra to deploy Nyx.
6. Allow one SF air hero and one SF ground hero to fight at the same time. No more retreating Jericho to deploy Deena.
7. Allow one SF Infantry hero and one SF Heavy Armor hero to fight at the same time. Dante and Kara? Doran and Bro? Baldur and Sheila?
8. Allow SF heroes to join factions. Provide an upgrade for them to permanently join specific factions. They would lose their SF status
9. Allow SF heroes to become allied to factions. Give them an option to become allies with factions, but can change alliances if they want. At the very least make it so they don't affect the faction traits.
10. Create a new SF Hero custom tech if they become too relatively weak. Throw some new tech in a custom slot once every year or two to keep them in the game.