Dead Bases, Banned Bases

BurnedOut
BurnedOut
Strike-force Captain
Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 616
Purge them to sector  0  untill they log back on again if dead longer the n 2 months and no ones logged in on it... !  To Many dead bases in this game!  Eilther that or have  docks Start to auto repair on them !  Please do something about them there is to many..  
  • VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 954
    That's a good idea to move them all to a special sector on each world. Have them auto-repair -- it would be a fun thing to go to that sector and have actual bases to hit, for target practice, if nothing else. 

And since they'd been player built, there would be a lot of diversity in the designs and layouts, making them interesting, a HUGE change from the boring boring boring same olde grind targets we're stuck with week after week. 

Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • NiceBob7
    NiceBob7
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 199
    Kix did a clean house in War Commander of inactive and dead bases. They also reduced the game to 200 sectors. They should do this as dozen of sectors are with fewer then a dozen active bases.  
    Roberto Sector 167 Ally 1SF in Battle Pirates and  War Commander Sector 92. 
  • SmilinBob
    SmilinBob
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 634
    They could cut out 2 entire worlds and consolidate everyone in just 3 and there would still be room if they removed all the inactive and dead or banned bases.

• Linda_K73
    Linda_K73
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 70

SmilinBob said:
    Especially all the banned bases, they arent coming back so get rid of them as soon as the permanent ban is put in place.

Sorry bro, kix can't do that.  WHY???  Because you see in there zealous rage to get rid of all those that cheat, they actually DO ban players that have DONE NOTHING WRONG, and in those cases, they either have to either give the player back his base the way it was, which in a lot of cases they can't because they have a bunch of noobs that just say the h*ll with it and delete them and THEN it's time for the lawyers to take over and get every single penny the player spent playing the game back into their RIGHTFUL POCKETS!!!!!!!!

Like me for instance, I have adblocker as a plugin on my firefox browser so I don't have to see all those crappy ads all the time when I go to just about any web site anymore, but if I screw up and even sign on to play BP with adblocker still active, kix will say I'm cheating and ban me, and I'm not about to have to spend hundreds of dollars for a lawyer to get all my money back, well I mean I would, but I don't want to!!  THAT is why I play BP exclusively using chrome, though in the very near future chrome WILL BE COMING OUT WITH ADBLOCKER ALREADY INSTALLED and then watch the banned bases go sky high in numbers and this game will be done.  Period!!  WHY, again??  Because most will not even know they can get all their money back via just about any lawyer but also they won't be any players left since kix has their bots set on AUTO to ban anyone running adblocker!!!!!!! THAT'S why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, you, right now, can get chrome with adblocker already installed but you have to go to the chrome page and specifically click on the download that has adblocker installed in it.  But THAT is going to be automatic in the very near future.....
  • Linda_K73
    Linda_K73
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 70
    NiceBob7 said:
    Kix did a clean house in War Commander of inactive and dead bases. They also reduced the game to 200 sectors. They should do this as dozen of sectors are with fewer then a dozen active bases.  

If they did this, I suspect they don't have "alliances" in war commander do they???!!!!!!!!!  Imagine all the bad blood kix would create if they through a bunch of insec hitters in a sector that HATES THAT CRAP......I can just hear the complaints now, LMFAO!!!!!!!
  • blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,817
    Linda_K73 said:

SmilinBob said:
    Especially all the banned bases, they arent coming back so get rid of them as soon as the permanent ban is put in place.

, but if I screw up and even sign on to play BP with adblocker still active, kix will say I'm cheating and ban me, and I'm not about to have to spend hundreds of dollars for a lawyer to get all my money back, well I mean I would, but I don't want to!!  
    I really think you need to get your stories straight... Kixeye has stated they do NOT ban for adblocker...
  • SmilinBob
    SmilinBob
    Strike-force Captain
    Linda_K73 said:

Sorry bro, kix can't do that.  WHY???  Because you see in there zealous rage to get rid of all those that cheat, they actually DO ban players that have DONE NOTHING WRONG, and in those cases, they either have to either give the player back his base the way it was, which in a lot of cases they can't because they have a bunch of noobs that just say the h*ll with it and delete them and THEN it's time for the lawyers to take over and get every single penny the player spent playing the game back into their RIGHTFUL POCKETS!!!!!!!!

Like me for instance, I have adblocker as a plugin on my firefox browser so I don't have to see all those crappy ads all the time when I go to just about any web site anymore, but if I screw up and even sign on to play BP with adblocker still active, kix will say I'm cheating and ban me, and I'm not about to have to spend hundreds of dollars for a lawyer to get all my money back, well I mean I would, but I don't want to!!  THAT is why I play BP exclusively using chrome, though in the very near future chrome WILL BE COMING OUT WITH ADBLOCKER ALREADY INSTALLED and then watch the banned bases go sky high in numbers and this game will be done.  Period!!  WHY, again??  Because most will not even know they can get all their money back via just about any lawyer but also they won't be any players left since kix has their bots set on AUTO to ban anyone running adblocker!!!!!!! THAT'S why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact, you, right now, can get chrome with adblocker already installed but you have to go to the chrome page and specifically click on the download that has adblocker installed in it.  But THAT is going to be automatic in the very near future.....
    WOW...so much BS in a couple paragraphs, you must have just started playing.  Let me clear this up for you...Kixeye has already stated that adblocker is not a hack, a cheat, a bannable offense because it doesnt change the game itself or its mechanics it simply blocks some things from being displayed to the user.

There is also a ban delay, you are initially banned and given time to appeal your ban.  If you look at banned bases some of them say banned player but their pic doesnt change, they are in the initial time frame of being banned where they can appeal.  Once their pic changes to the BANNED pic then they are permanently banned.  The lawyers cant do anything about it if the player was ignoring the TOS and cheating or hacking, you lose.
  • BurnedOut
    BurnedOut
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 616
    SmilinBob said:
    Linda_K73 said:

WOW...so much BS in a couple paragraphs, you must have just started playing.  Let me clear this up for you...Kixeye has already stated that adblocker is not a hack, a cheat, a bannable offense because it doesnt change the game itself or its mechanics it simply blocks some things from being displayed to the user.

There is also a ban delay, you are initially banned and given time to appeal your ban.  If you look at banned bases some of them say banned player but their pic doesnt change, they are in the initial time frame of being banned where they can appeal.  Once their pic changes to the BANNED pic then they are permanently banned.  The lawyers cant do anything about it if the player was ignoring the TOS and cheating or hacking, you lose.
    They Don't ban for ad blocker! 
  • SmilinBob
    SmilinBob
    Strike-force Captain
    SmilinBob said:
    Linda_K73 said:

They Don't ban for ad blocker! 

Yeah...thats what I just said.
  • davis.pollitt
    davis.pollitt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 109
    Auto repair bases after 72-96 hours..... gives everyone something to attack, gets rid of the banned bases hoarding medals (i know they are useless...) might even breath a little life into pvp for some people.

However, I know other kixeye games now auto repair the bases, and it leads to me logging into them with all my resources stolen after being away over 1 month, so maybe have a limit on what someone can steal, or lock down reasources until the player logs back in?
  • Gremlin Uniden
    Gremlin Uniden
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 50
    If i remember correctly, war commander bases would auto relocate after afew hits if you didnt repair in a given timeframe. I cant remember the specifics coz I Quit W.C. ages ago.   I`ll most likely permanently Quit B.P. soon too.  How about a way for a player thats Quitting to delete their base & account. a big NUKE button !
  • SmilinBob
    SmilinBob
    Strike-force Captain
    Auto repair bases after 72-96 hours..... gives everyone something to attack, gets rid of the banned bases hoarding medals (i know they are useless...) might even breath a little life into pvp for some people.

However, I know other kixeye games now auto repair the bases, and it leads to me logging into them with all my resources stolen after being away over 1 month, so maybe have a limit on what someone can steal, or lock down reasources until the player logs back in?

It still doesnt get rid of the useless base cluttering up the map that serves no purpose, delete them all.  Clear up room for others to jump into that spot on the map.  Then kixeye can dump a couple servers and consolidate the game to just 3 worlds instead of 5.  This would serve players by not having 2/3 of the game being dead sectors, it also gets rid of banned bases permanently, it deletes or relocates off the map the inactives and deletes them after a period of time.  It would stimulate more interaction with players actually making the game more active again.  It might even improve lag because they would have less worlds accessing the same game database at the same time.