Reversing Changes to the FM 4 Jan, 2018

• michael_ v
    michael_ v
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 352
    i can now do a 115 again but i still take 6 more hours damage then i did 3 weeks ago so i guess its just more lies from jokeseye  the unfunny clowns. as always u sux arse 

• smellsfishy
    smellsfishy
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 611

Captains,

Two weeks ago we made an adjustment to the Forsaken Mission 115 Targets.  There was a problem with this change which caused Icebreakers to receive an unintended amount of damage.  We have reverted these changes back to their previous settings.

Thank you for your understanding.

So what was the original adjust meant you were making?

I bet it was to just slightly keep increasing the damage hoping we wouldn't notice right?
    Sad......

Now that you have been caught cheating us how about some compensation for those of us who have increased repair bills?

• kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 413
    Howdy Folks,

I have checked with the team,  and they have confirmed that the change to the 115 targets have been reverted.
    Hate to break it to you, they lie to you.

I see most people think the arcs are getting through occasionally, well, they are in reality missing, but the splash has been increased to such a long reach and the ensuing damage been cranked up so high that you can lose a quarter of a normal fleet ( that is no charged armour ) with only 1 of the mirvs? landing outside of the boosted anti ranges.

But you would have known that if you actually played the game.
  • rogue2k0
    rogue2k0
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 197

Captains,

Two weeks ago we made an adjustment to the Forsaken Mission 115 Targets.  There was a problem with this change which caused Icebreakers to receive an unintended amount of damage.  We have reverted these changes back to their previous settings.

I can only hope you offered a big ol' sincere apology to the Mods for not having told them, the poor guys wandering in here, saying nothing had changed, and then getting blasted by the players...
    When the FM was changed so that the Fleets were removed from the 115s, I used to be able to do a 115 for about 50% damage to my 1xVasago and 4xIB fleet WITH charged armor. I am the type that likes to get in and out quick, and I know I could do it better if I slowed down. However, latest attempt I now get about 60%+ damage to my fleet - so cannot do 2 115s before repairs anymore, so I stick to doing 111's. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THESE.
  • paul.c.charles.9
    paul.c.charles.9
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 38
    Howdy Folks,

I have checked with the team,  and they have confirmed that the change to the 115 targets have been reverted.
    So, if true that changes have reverted then why are we still getting far more damage. Could the answer be that the Ice Breakers have been affected instead, since there seems to be no reference to this from Kixeye
  • angleiron
    angleiron
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 145
    always believed it was ib cause if u put the same counters on ib u do not get the same results they have hard time with arc
  • kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,043

@carl.wear.3 said:
    Timewarped said:

ebone said:

why have you lied to us about "changes to the fm" for weeks ...

To be honest I'm not surprised by that response as as there is at least one person complaining about an increase in damage in the FM every week and most of the time there has been no increase in damage. So when there is a change we end up in a "the boy that cried wolf" scenario where it is left to players to prove that their IB's are taking more damage while the best "some" mods could do was brag that their non IB fleet could still do 115's damage free!
    All the same thank you to the few who did listen and follow 

How do you know there has been no "increase in damage"?
    Yes we get the "increase in damage" threads each week BUT just because some haven't noticed a difference DOESN'T MEAN that there hasn't been one.
    With all the different hulls and special abilities on the hulls and different weapons / armours / specials/ retros, that results in a huge combination of different things that interact with each other that could result in strange reactions. So if something "breaks" on a weapon / special etc that only a few are using that can result in some noticing a damage difference in the FM.

Also what people need to consider is when its reported that there is a "increase in damage" people automatically assume that Kixeye has boosted the damage output of their weapons. The thing is other things can create the same effect such as the targets armour / health / resistances has gone up OR our weapons do less damage or our armour is not as effective.

There are so many things that could change ( intentionally or not) that results in our fleets being less effective than they were previously so when people do report an anomaly there NEEDS to be a discussion about it to see if there is a common trend and not what currently happens which is " oh look its Another damage increase thread Lets Get Trolling".

Well sadly you have to keep in mind some people just wear blinders and if it dont affect them it just isnt true. If they can deal with a change everyone else are just whiners. True some people might make a thread after a bad run but im sure most look at an average from multiples.

• kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Incursion Leader

@kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806 said:
    Well one of the devs said specifically that they are now going to 'adjust' the FM as they see fit, that means there will be constant fiddling with the damage output, until someone notices and people gets ticked off and quit or stop coining.

It is the one part of the game that lots of players asked to be left alone, but NOOOOO some wise guy saw fit to try and monetize every inch of play, doing damage to the game that is not reversible, ie players who left and others who lost total confidence that Kix can be honest.

So funny thing is for the past 2 yrs they were only supposed to change FM once a year and we all know thats not how it worked so in this state of the game they said it will change 3 times a year which means tweek whenever, whatever they want since they dont care

• kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Incursion Leader

@T00T said:
    CM Major_Rampage said:

Howdy Folks,

And what was the change to 115 targets that has now been reverted?

The revert is probably the denial of an issue ;)

• dave55robinson
    dave55robinson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 177
    i know where my fleet died at so when next FM happens i will see how much farther it goes and as they say "believe it when i see it" 
  • zijie.chow
    zijie.chow
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 139
    edited 10 Jan 2018, 5:51AM
    Still depletes more than half the health of my icebreaker fleet. Which is absurd, because awhile ago, the average repair per 115 was 2 hours plus (20-30% health), and that was already not too reasonable if you compare with a grindiron-zelos fleet.
  • Mack Heath
    Mack Heath
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 68
    while  I admit  a raid  a  month  seems  like  overkill  in some ways I  think  we  need to  be able  to  retrofit the  hulls  we  had  to  research when many  of  us  started  playing  BP  years  ago  i  think  it  would  salvage some of  the  older  hulls and  maybe  even  make  game  play  better  for  those who  are  just  starting  to  play  for  Example I  used  my  Sea Wolf  fleet  a  lot  for  years  and  there  are  other  Hulls  that lost  Value before  their  time  just  a idea let  me know  what  you  think  heck i  remember  back  when  the  older  hulls  was  changed  to  make them  more  realistic  thought  they  looked  cool  but  too  many  complained  and  didn't  really  give  it  a  chance  to  see  how  it  would  dothe  Sea  Wolf  looks  like  it has a  large  main  gun  yet  it  is  just there  for  looks

• Larry Vickers
    Larry Vickers
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 46
    What were the changes intended to do exactly?

But glad you are fixing it and admitting a mistake.
    just like all other changes glitcheye makes they were intended to screw the player out of more coins that is the only thing these **** have on their mind is how to screw all players out of more coin

• beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189

KIXEYE SAID THERE WAS NO CHANGES TO THE FM..... WHY ARE KIXEYE LYING TO US UNTIL LAST MINUTE AFTER WE SPEND ALL OUR MONEY ?????

Did you know the way kixeye is doing things is illegal in most countries
    because.  people keep spending money.  If you do not like how they do business.  Stop spending.  i did.  if enough people stop the impulsive purchasing, then they will either shut down or change their tune (for a few months anyway).  You get to the point where you realize that unless you are a VERY top spender, your opinions mean squat to them.  When, i say "top spender/s" I do not mean several hundred or a thousand a month.  That is chump change for some players in this game.
    'Soon' in KIXEYE time means once our Sun dies'. 
     Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Howdy Folks,

wait...the reverted 115's were reverted or the reversion of the 115s have been reverted or did the revised 115s that were reverted get reverted back?  Which reversion are you talking about?  We have had what....6 in the past two months (that we know of)? Your clarification is as clear as mud.

Wil Harbin said:

Kixeye hasn’t done as much to annoy its users as other game companies have. It doesn’t sell decorations for games and try to milk gamers for all they’re worth, and it doesn’t sell advanced weaponry that will allow rich gamers to wipe out poor gamers. But it does allow users to accelerate time in the game. Rather than wait for something to be developed, a user can pay to accelerate the build time for units.

• greg howard
    greg howard
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 10
    what about the 89s? those were cranked up too. I am sure of it, because i've tried every which way i can to get back to the damage levels i was taking a few weeks ago, no can do, even with some enhancements to each hull, still taking more damage than before. I think -if you put a new upgraded special, or weapon, or armor out there for people, with the implied promise that it will enhance the performance of their customer experience, and then you jack up the targets to negate any benefit to the customer, someone should take you to court and sue your criminal arse for false advertisement or deceptive business practice. After all- you are selling a product just like everyone else, it does not matter whether it is a hard asset like a car tire, or a juicy steak, or a form of entertainment in your case, it's still a product that comes with implied expectations by the consumer. When you fail to deliver the promised product, you have cheated your customer. Can you imagine the uproar if you went into a theater to watch star wars, and suddenly the movie stopped and the operator of the theater came out and told everyone- okay that will be another ten bucks to continue watching? or half-way through the bucket of popcorn, the rest just disappears? you have made millionaires from this game, and you continue to see how far you can tip people over to shake every dime from their pockets. Not at all grateful or appreciative of your customers.

• ok so now you have finally admitted to the changes after lying about it for weeks what are you going to do about the cost of coin you caused alot of players, what sort of refund are we all getting ,look forward to hearing from you

• filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,345
    Never thought I would say this, but I miss doomrooster.
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Never thought I would say this, but I miss doomrooster.
    i find talking to the nearest wall is relaxing.  You get more information, better answers and more detailed and clear feedback from the wall and absolutely ZERO BS.  Not going to say, I miss DR but...yeah he was doing way better...even the last few months when he didn't give a flying fark.
     Wil Harbin said:

• beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    ok so now you have finally admitted to the changes after lying about it for weeks what are you going to do about the cost of coin you caused alot of players, what sort of refund are we all getting ,look forward to hearing from you

just stop asking for a refund.  Seriously.  they wont give you one.  just stop spending.  that way you have nothing to get pissed off at them for...besides ruining a great game.  Stop spending and they will either listen or close up shop.  Either way....you wont be as angry.

Wil Harbin said:

• mWild
    mWild
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 101
    Beel78 i used to get mad reading your posts how you defended KIXEYE.   so glad you have come over to the Dark side.   Thanks for your comments. since you hardly see mod's defend the Rampage these last few days..    doom was better.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    mWild said:
    Beel78 i used to get mad reading your posts how you defended KIXEYE.   so glad you have come over to the Dark side.   Thanks for your comments. since you hardly see mod's defend the Rampage these last few days..    doom was better.
    Well thank you but, two things.
    I was NEVER a stone cold supporter of, kixeye.  i did back them if they were actually not in the wrong (yes, I know it is rare but that did used to happen).  People would complain over the dumbest things or through not understanding (like when they changed the damage/defensive stats to the actual numbers and EVERYONE cried, so Kixeye just changed things back to the way they were so now it is a hidden feature where as a player you have to know that all damage is half) Now that being said...Besides a few rare cases in the past three years, I have been pretty critical of them.  You can only defend them for so long and they make it more difficult by doing exactly like everyone says they are doing. These past few years though...well, they are producing the foil for the tin foil crowed.
     Wil Harbin said:

• Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 511
    The freaking nerve of this post is staggering. 

The CM and his mod flunkies spent DAYS over hundreds of comments saying "there was no change to the FM" in answer to HUNDREDS of posts from users detailing exactly what the changes were.

And then you post this??

You guys have some serious nerve. 

Talk about a lack of integrity and transparency.
    Level 114

I don't hit bases too often (not worth the cost)
    Been playing a long time. 
    Generally in sector 210 nope 24....
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    What a joke. I had an icebreaker fleet tuned for the old 115s and now it's been changed because of the changes to the target. Now I wish my fleet was how it was before. Not to mention I took time away from building buccaneers to fix my icebreakers. I mean seriously. WHAT. A. JOKE. 
    Submit a ticket with Rampage's opening post as your evidence. 
    Done.
    Level 114

• AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,181
    The freaking nerve of this post is staggering. 

The CM and his mod flunkies spent DAYS over hundreds of comments saying "there was no change to the FM" in answer to HUNDREDS of posts from users detailing exactly what the changes were.

And then you post this??

You guys have some serious nerve. 

Talk about a lack of integrity and transparency.
    They havent had integrity or transparency for nearly 6-8 month now.

Why do you think we have not seen many of them in months. GDR was the only brave one to show up at the end of the year and thats because he as been floating around and not directly involve with many of the design in the game.

Basicly management as taking over and the rest are just puppets doin what they are told.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior
    Wasn't it suspected that the Icebreakers were the ones that changed not the FM targets specifically? I appear to be taking around 30-40% more damage in 111s. I used to be able to do 3-4 in one go with my bad driving and now I can do almost 3.
    From what I can tell using my Mono/Zelo fleet, the damage from the UAVs was substantially increased as was their ability to avoid CMs (to a lesser extent) The cold snap rockets may have had their damage increased somewhat as well, but not as drastically as the UAV change. 

I could previously soak up all UAV damage on my stacked tank, if I got too close to the UAV carrier, now if I get too close the entire fleet is killed. I also have enough CMs to knock the cold snaps down unless I get too close, and the dmg seems notched up when some do sneak in. (I have CAs in M&X on all ships in the fleet)
    Level 114

• Admiral_Slappy
    Admiral_Slappy
    Skilled Warrior

Captains,

i dont envy your position. so much anger from the players because kixeye keeps tampering with things that should be left alone, and you get to play the figurehead dealing with the rotten fruit thats hurled at you. 

Good thing he gets a paycheck. Unlike the players, who just get to spend more money.
    Level 114

• U C ME
    U C ME
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 602
    Howdy Folks,

Changes aren't much Rampage better than last week but not what it used to be kindly ask them to relook