Official 8.01 & 8.01.1 Release Notes Discussion Thread

CM_Burny
CM_Burny
KIXEYE Community Manager
Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 860
edited 9 Jan 2018, 1:57AM
Greetings Commanders,

Please discuss everything regarding the 8.01 Release Notes here!

Release Notes
Chaplain and Caretaker Base Briefing
PVP Season 6 Briefing
WC Community Manager

Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • RVC DAN
    RVC DAN
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 465
    when fix bug for kiking from attack ?
    TAO--DAN
  • chaoshq
    chaoshq
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 401
    edited 3 Jan 2018, 7:13PM
    LOL....last discussion thread was 100% ignored. may i ask why please ? any CM or MOD ???

• warrhead
    warrhead
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 20
    Could you kindly elaborate on the many more part of your gear store item removal ?
    It would be really nice if u could release the 55 medals bases the CC only type if u wish for ur customers to get the items.
  • KT_LEADER007
    KT_LEADER007
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 166

What to discuss? U keep ignoring issues and write a post saying improvements which are not usefull
    Go improve performance, useless kixeye

SUNILROY
  • Adrian0946
    Adrian0946
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 22
    Nothing to emprove performace
    Why you dont solve ERROR's like 2181 error "Save error"?
    All this Release Notes are for farmers
    check repair time (2 platoons with 1 day repair time is not finished in same time)
    Check how much gold is need to repair an air platoon and an ground platoon with same repair time
    You have more and more issues 

• Green_Arrow_Warrior
    Green_Arrow_Warrior
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 12
    youranoob said:
    Amazing that there is no work on lag issue and the dc we get...... no point in playing as long that aint taken care off. better play another game until its been fixed
    You do realize the DC's occur from poor Flash coding right?
  • N_Plastiras
    N_Plastiras
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 115
    Question about chaplain bases. they will give one unit per drop or it will be random mean that you can get more units in a drop??????
  • Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,237
    still no new leaderboard
    not one single comment on last week release notes discussion threath
    so whats use to comment on this one
    Invasion when will that be.. its not on januari event calender 
    when the flashcrashes will be solved what occure when you logging in after losing connection with server? it sometimes crashes double.. so takes 10 minutes to get back in game...
    then the time what you lose in event or pvp before you can defend or controll your units gone up from 10 seconds to 20 and sometimes 30 seconds, what makes sometimes units teleport and getting unneeded damage! 

sometime i really wonder if kix really reads feedback 

You thought the imaginary wasn`t possible?
    You thought Scrooge was bad? 
    think again 
    lvl 46 now (april 2018)... lets bet .. how many years to 47? 
  • FBHO
    FBHO
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,064
    youranoob said:
    Amazing that there is no work on lag issue and the dc we get...... no point in playing as long that aint taken care off. better play another game until its been fixed
    And the leaderboard still isn't fixed/replaced...
  • Nucking Futs
    Nucking Futs
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 642
    youranoob said:
    You do realize the DC's occur from poor Flash coding right?
    That is weird then, I play this game with zero dc's and zero lag.  Same game code.  Not everyone has dc's or lag issues.  I have not dc'd in over 9 months.  Only lag I get is the 5-8 second pause when entering a base.
  • Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    edited 3 Jan 2018, 8:57PM
    CM_Burny said:
    Rob de R said:
    still no new leaderboard
    when the flashcrashes will be solved what occure when you logging in after losing connection with server? it sometimes crashes double.. so takes 10 minutes to get back in game...
    then the time what you lose in event or pvp before you can defend or controll your units gone up from 10 seconds to 20 and sometimes 30 seconds, what makes sometimes units teleport and getting unneeded damage! 

Hi Rob, 

With Christmas and New Years last week, I didn't have much time to respond to the discussion thread unfortunately. I do apologize for that.

Invasion is on the January Calendar starting on January 17th.

Regarding the Flash crashes, is this something you're seeing more of recently. If so, I can bug the team about it.

Are other players experiencing longer load time when defending against attacks too?
    Hi Cm Burny i understand that you guys had holiday aswell, but the topic about the death of pvp due the technicals is a bit older already, then how much time does it cost for any of kix or WT to come to forum and say hi commanders .. i will read the comments.. and will respond after new year.. takes 2 minutes or so? 

thnks for date invasion.. usefull to plan upgrades on turrets.. 

the flashcrashes and the longer times before we can do something, i have seen cmore postings on forum the past 2 weeks. so guess more players wil have it as everyone in my clan complains about it
    while ago we had it aswell, then cooky cleaning and cache cleaning did help, but not now 
    tickets are sent and passed to game team.. feedback is passed to developers.. but that each month same thing not much done 
    its sure not my pc or my girlfriends pc..neither my internet connection... thats checked several times with a trace route to kix... 

think again 
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 2,939
    could you be a bit more descriptive as to  what allies our caretakers are suppose to assist in the caretaker base?  its a bit important that the unit does have good units to support due to the nature of the unit.

also if you can could you give a bit more view behind the scenes? like giving vauge details about what the new unit your making is going to be
     IE: like a sustain damage ground that has a hydra like ability. to describe the technical 

or progress reports on bugs that the team is working on but hasnt completed yet due to it being a larger workload than a simple fix? 
    that way we at lest know that the devs arnt just ignoring the problem. 
    Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • Vermell
    Vermell
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 423
    edited 4 Jan 2018, 12:23AM
    IronCorps said:
    CM_Burny said:
    Greetings Commanders,

Release Notes
    Stop removing stuff from the Gear Store. Placing things in the Gear Store for only a month and then removing them is a low blow. You are forcing players to grind. Here is what needs to happen:
    • HZ 90 bases need to pay out 50,000 medals
    • HZ 40 bases need to pay out 10,000 medals
    • Gear Store tech needs to remain in the Gear Store for at least 6 months (or just add new tech without removing the old tech)
    This is like the hundredth time I've said this in the forums.
    implement the above, i credit kixeye for bringing back the gold rare tech, problem is the time limit of availability and constant grind for medals. you give with one hand take with the other. implement the above and you are getting there in sorting out the medal grind and the availability of tech in gearstore
  • drag0nsun
    drag0nsun
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 1,897
    i am missing a caretaker and who knows what else from the last update i could of swore i put 2 of them into  2 raid  different raid toons before the update   and 1 is missing  
  • BlackCovenant
    BlackCovenant
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 205
    IronCorps said:
    CM_Burny said:
    Greetings Commanders,

Release Notes
    Stop removing stuff from the Gear Store. Placing things in the Gear Store for only a month and then removing them is a low blow. You are forcing players to grind. Here is what needs to happen:
    • Gear Store tech needs to remain in the Gear Store for at least 6 months (or just add new tech without removing the old tech)
    and like every time before, they will continue to ignore it.
    and personally, I don't really care about it, because you realize, if they do increase the medals on those bases, they will either a) make them extraordinarily difficult, or b) drastically raise the prices of everything in the gear store, just like they did when they raised the medal limit from 30k, to 1 million.
    so either way, it's a lose/lose situation in regards to that medal grind.
  • J11 Silver
    J11 Silver
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2010 Posts: 126

Yeah please elabrate what units its supposed to protect in a caretaker only base as the unit deals no dmg kinda stubbed your toes on this one rofl i knew yall dont think these thing thru. Let me guess we get riflemen to protect no no i bet its a dog the old one.
    Realy do you even test crap before its realeased this base shows you dont cmon get your crap together guyz and please play your game that you dev maby sht can get fixed when you experience our problems put our shoes on for once for pity sakes

P.O.N.R
  • Kumander_Dante
    Kumander_Dante
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 9
    Yesterday , my juggernaut and caretaker eat by herald like a dog , after deploy the flat inside S180 unable to exit and end attack too , when i able to exit and joining in attack my flat dead and take 16hrs repair time..its sucks
  • Valhalla76
    Valhalla76
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,036
    Burny can you ask the team when are they going to start adding gen 2 unit tokens to the regular weekly bases, we have had some gen 2 unit s a long time now, and tokens are such a grind, plus many of us that grind have actually filled up most of our gen 1 tokens, getting tired of getting repeat tokens for a unit that is already level 20.
  • Rob de R
    Rob de R
    Master Tactician
    about gear
    taking out things each time already that early is not right 
    i know its said by many of us before but its for many a reason to start thinking about quiting
    example a low level who spared his medals to buy a hero last time like for example Nyx.. will have a long time to have enough medals to buy some phalanx
    You always say.. get new units as soon as possible 
    so for everyone is that getting hero`s and then phals techn and so on 
    but how is that for lvl 33- 40 ? 
    at the time they have to buy a few phalanx and maybe some workshop after they bought that hero, they are not longer in the workshop... 
    So how can low level proceed, grow? ..
    they can`t do those high level medal base 
    low levels keep trying .. keep pushing.. sometimes they buy some units.. but its uselless for them, when they can`t get there units build or workshopped or get a decent amount of them 
    then you come with some things in event for them and you say, see we do take care, but yu forget still, that they have to get new units, workshop and so much else. that its very hard to get enough xp to do catch up and most time event store doesn`t have what they need
    like parts for ESS, OSS, Eherald, Ephantom and all kind of workshop etc etc 

think again 
  • Redeemer
    Redeemer
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 3,625

@CM_Burny said:
    Rob de R said:

still no new leaderboard

Hi Rob, 

With Christmas and New Years last week, I didn't have much time to respond to the discussion thread unfortunately. I do apologize for that.

Regarding the Flash crashes, is this something you're seeing more of recently. If so, I can bug the team about it.

Are other players experiencing longer load time when defending against attacks too?

The calendar states Invasion starts the 18th. Would you please confirm which is correct?

WC ID 3439259
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,202
    warrhead said:
    Could you kindly elaborate on the many more part of your gear store item removal ?
    It would be really nice if u could release the 55 medals bases the CC only type if u wish for ur customers to get the items.
    They don't wish for us to get anything. lol They wish for you to coin trying to get everything.

Why do you think they add more than 2 million medals worth of new stuff to the Gear Store every season? So that at least some people will feel desperate enough to coin.
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Master Tactician
    CM_Burny said:
    Rob de R said:
    still no new leaderboard

Hi Rob, 

When I disconnect while attacking a PvE base it takes perhaps 1.5 minutes to reload the game instead of the regular 30-45 seconds. The increased wait time is at the loading sector screen after the game has technically loaded. After the game has loaded I have to wait for the attack to expire because 9 times out of 10 I will get stuck loading the attack when I press the join attack button. It's faster to just wait for the attack to expire rather than try my luck joining the attack and being forced to refresh again and again. This all started happening fairly recently although I can't be much more specific because I didn't disconnect in the middle of attacks until recently. My game used to occasionally crash on loading but never once loaded, but now I disconnect 2-3 times a day during active gameplay.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    CM_Burny said:
    Rob de R said:
    still no new leaderboard

Hi Rob, 

When I disconnect while attacking a PvE base it takes perhaps 1.5 minutes to reload the game instead of the regular 30-45 seconds. The increased wait time is at the loading sector screen after the game has technically loaded. After the game has loaded I have to wait for the attack to expire because 9 times out of 10 I will get stuck loading the attack when I press the join attack button. It's faster to just wait for the attack to expire rather than try my luck joining the attack and being forced to refresh again and again. This all started happening fairly recently although I can't be much more specific because I didn't disconnect in the middle of attacks until recently. My game used to occasionally crash on loading but never once loaded, but now I disconnect 2-3 times a day during active gameplay.
    working as intended im sure.

• iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,416
    I have been working like anything to get medals for desirable items in the gear store. I agree with opinions that the rewards are not sufficient, but I think it should be challenging. I would be happy to see something like a 20-30% increase in medal payout, and I think the 55 medal bases should be at least a monthly affair. What concerns me is when changes in the gear store, or other such things, are not communicated to the players. It is good that we now know when the changes are going to happen and we know what is being taken out, but how about what will be coming in?
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • RVC DAN
    RVC DAN
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 465

nice -_- 
    TAO--DAN
  • Red_Handed
    Red_Handed
    Master Tactician
    IronCorps said:
    CM_Burny said:
    Greetings Commanders,

Release Notes
    They EVER SO SLIGHTLY increased the weekly medals payout for the upcoming PvP season 6. WrongThink I believe said something about knowing we need more medals and this is probably their solution. We would say that's not enough, but they're all probably patting each other on the back for a job well done. I honestly don't expect any further concessions in the area of medal payouts. If you can manage to get to gold 1 and get 200k medals per week that might actually be enough to not need to grind, but anyone who can get to and hold down gold 1 doesn't need that many medals.
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    IronCorps said:
    CM_Burny said:
    Greetings Commanders,

Release Notes
    They EVER SO SLIGHTLY increased the weekly medals payout for the upcoming PvP season 6. WrongThink I believe said something about knowing we need more medals and this is probably their solution. We would say that's not enough, but they're all probably patting each other on the back for a job well done. I honestly don't expect any further concessions in the area of medal payouts. If you can manage to get to gold 1 and get 200k medals per week that might actually be enough to not need to grind, but anyone who can get to and hold down gold 1 doesn't need that many medals.
    nobody who can get rid of a part of a grind needs that part of the grind no matter which part it is.