Its discouraging when a level 96 player can attack a level 60 player

Ive been on about 2 months and have spent about $100 in coins during that time. I find it really discouraging that a Level 96 player can attack a Level 60 player. Shouldnt there be some limit maybe 10 up or 10 down so as not to make me want to quit the game. Im better off spending my money at Top Golf if this continues on a regular basis.
  • Blackcatalley
    Blackcatalley
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 10
    your already a level 60 in just 2 months? WOW

• VvVvVvVvV
    VvVvVvVvV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,144
    You do realize that a level 96 player can hit level 50 bases, right? You did pretty good if you made it to level 60 without being "welcomed" by the biggies.

If you've only been playing a couple of months, then you've missed the regular sturm und drang over this issue. From a --gaming-- perspective, it's about as dumb a thing as I've ever seen, but literally years of complaining has not changed our corporate overlords stance. 

Mostly, you're a rarity, a new player, and you're absolutely right -- just look at the number of bases in the 40's -- players that quit when they realize what will happen to them when the reach level 50. 

My guess is that the powers-that-be are gambling that they can make their profit quotas off of the existing high-level players and it's not worth the effort to try and attract and retain new players. 

But, if you've been willing to spend that much to get this far, spend that much again and push your base level to 80 -- even if it's a weak base inside, the bully players looking for easy kills will start to leave you alone. And find a good alliance. 

And warn your friends, before it's too late. 
    Battle Pirates -- 5 minutes of game play, 12 hours of repair

“Too many F2P games focus on whale spending. Pay to win is not a sustainable model for the games ecosystem.” -- Will Harbin interview on GamesBeat, Oct 2014
  • Hannesboy Elzinga
    Hannesboy Elzinga
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 24
    My advise : get out of your alliance for now.
    years ago when i reached level 50, i got out of my alliance to be able to progress faster, since it has no gain for a 96 to attack anyone who is not in an alliance. other then the satisfaction of flattening someone's base for no dmg  :)
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,200
    Ive been on about 2 months and have spent about $100 in coins during that time. I find it really discouraging that a Level 96 player can attack a Level 60 player. Shouldnt there be some limit maybe 10 up or 10 down so as not to make me want to quit the game. Im better off spending my money at Top Golf if this continues on a regular basis.
    yet your profile says 5 years.....  AND level 41...

• BattlePirate_BlackShark
    BattlePirate_BlackShark
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,467
    edited 3 Jan 2018, 11:09AM
    In the old days, the level limit was at level 40 to be save from hittings from higher levels. If you hit the level 50 mark, you should know, that you was leaving the save baby-zone.
    We all get hits during our progress. Call it : Basetests! The time will come, where you have collected enough stuff to be able to make a decent basedefense.

A 10+/- rule wouldnt make sense, because level means nothing! A new level 60 can have better conquerors as a returning level 90!
    It would make more sense to have a Tier restriction for the fleets, which could hit low level bases. So it would be more a fair game.
    BlackShark        Born in Sector 429

Decoding Pirateslangword "F.A.R.M." = Foolish Amateur Reaches Midgame
  • rayden
    rayden
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,212
    I am a 129 (base #) higher inside I hit lvl 60's also guess I am a moron...be surprised how many lvl 60's will hand your **** to you on a plate  guess  they morons also
  • davis.pollitt
    davis.pollitt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 110
    Add another baby zone, or move it up to say level 75.  Adding one would have level 1-50, 50-75. If you get over 75 you should be able to start defending yourself..... 

I say this as a lvl 109 that loves farming the 50's that join bounty.......
  • kixeyeuser_1388071458472_100007337681052
    kixeyeuser_1388071458472_100007337681052
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 157
    You'd had been better off buying a base that was already leveled up. Lots of ppl are quitting so you should find one for cheap. Network before you go down that rabbit hole!
  • kixeyeuser_1388071458472_100007337681052
    kixeyeuser_1388071458472_100007337681052
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 157
    Add another baby zone, or move it up to say level 75.  Adding one would have level 1-50, 50-75. If you get over 75 you should be able to start defending yourself..... 

I say this as a lvl 109 that loves farming the 50's that join bounty.......
    You're probably that ahole that kills their dock when it's placed out of the kill zone !
  • Mike Billson
    Mike Billson
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 51
    Ha ha. Ha ha ha. Ha ha ha ha.  Ha ha ha.  Arrrgh!
    Eddie
  • rayden
    rayden
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,212
    maybe putt-putt golf would be better