How to write down top secret messages in forum posts?

Axel L
Axel L
WC Mod
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,970
As few of my most recent forum posts has been designed around having a top secret message in them. I have actually decided to share some of the secrets in this thread so all of us can make top secret forum posts.
Method 1

The first of them I will show is probably one of the simplest ways to hide a secret message in a forum post is to write down a piece of text where the background color is the same as the post color shown below.

Water tastes like watery butter.
Method 2

The second way is slightly more tricky but uses combination of the silver and standard text color either for writing down some hidden words inside of a message or just for the enjoyment of doing some modern art. The main reason why this method is slightly more effective is because the silver post color is nearly identical to the default color shown below.
________________________________________________________________________

In addition to that, the silver text is highly visible when you edit the thread or copy it and the silver letters will be clearly different compared to the red letters. 

Method 3

The third and probably most interesting method is to send links which leads nowhere be writing down the hidden message in the field where link is written down. This method is also especially interesting as you can write down how long messages you wish without any problems and the message is super difficult for anyone to read. Here is a short demonstration.

Top Secret Link
Finally, there is nothing that stops someone from combining multiple of these methods for something even greater.




Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,190
    Interesting post, Axel. I didn't know that. thanks for sharing!
    .
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,970
    MX36 said:
    Interesting post, Axel. I didn't know that. thanks for sharing!
    These are methods I have detected in recent time and some of them are so interesting that they could go unnoticed in a while if no hint was given away. Finally, I can also say that a surprising amount of effort went into creating this thread but not nearly as much as making the Canadian flag with colored dots.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 653
    Axel L said:
    Method 2

    The second way is slightly more tricky but uses combination of the silver and standard text color either for writing down some hidden words inside of a message or just for the enjoyment of doing some modern art. The main reason why this method is slightly more effective is because the silver post color is nearly identical to the default color shown below.
    ________________________________________________________________________

    In addition to that, the silver text is highly visible when you edit the thread or copy it and the silver letters will be clearly different compared to the red letters. 
    Not from me there aren't...
    image
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,970
    Axel L said:
    Method 2

    The second way is slightly more tricky but uses combination of the silver and standard text color either for writing down some hidden words inside of a message or just for the enjoyment of doing some modern art. The main reason why this method is slightly more effective is because the silver post color is nearly identical to the default color shown below.
    ________________________________________________________________________

    In addition to that, the silver text is highly visible when you edit the thread or copy it and the silver letters will be clearly different compared to the red letters. 
    Not from me there aren't...
    This might be because you have read my 6k forum post special which got posted December the 1st.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,190
    Axel L said:
    These are methods I have detected in recent time and some of them are so interesting that they could go unnoticed in a while if no hint was given away. Finally, I can also say that a surprising amount of effort went into creating this thread but not nearly as much as making the Canadian flag with colored dots.
    I like method #3 the most. you can hide entire articles in plain sight and no one would notice. even you! :D    
    I also noticed that any messages written using method #2 can be seen (without editing the comment) while browsing on mobile.


    .
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    WC Mod
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 9,970
    MX36 said:
    Axel L said:
    These are methods I have detected in recent time and some of them are so interesting that they could go unnoticed in a while if no hint was given away. Finally, I can also say that a surprising amount of effort went into creating this thread but not nearly as much as making the Canadian flag with colored dots.
    I like method #3 the most. you can hide entire articles in plain sight and no one would notice. even you! :D    
    I also noticed that any messages written using method #2 can be seen (without editing the comment) while browsing on mobile.


    Congrats as this meme shows that you have read my post carefully enough. I do also like your reference.

    Method 3 is also so special as I haven't actually noticed any restrictions with it yet other than the fact that you will destroy your links if you go into HTML view. Finally, method 3 is also so good that the message would most likely go unnoticed if someone doesn't know the method itself and is aware that someone has used it.
    Video games don't cause violence, lag does.
Sign In or Register to comment.