MIXED FACTION PLATOONS

Dune Rader
Dune Rader
Strike-force Captain
Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 790
Looking at the faction buffs I can see why it may be hard for kix to give a % buff to mixed faction units, but all the faction groups have 2 buffs,

One is the factions special buff , Survivors = Warlust, Corpus = Adaptive Deference, Sentinels = Devotion, but the other they all share and that is Loyalty and that gives a 10% damage buff.

So why can not all those who have mixed factions in there units and base receive the Loyalty buff as a reward for picking a faction to use, they do not receive  the special buff that goes with those who have faction only units.

What is the community's thoughts on this if kix would make the change.

Thank you for your time.

Dune.
Respect, Courage and Wisdom
  • StaimB
    StaimB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 765
    For players and defense a good idea but it doesn't match with the loyality-thing.

The Loyality-bonus is for the loyality to one of the factions. 

For example: If you would take the American Marine, the Russian Tanks and the Airforce from a 3rd side - would that be loyality for one side? ... ;) 

• Dune Rader
    Dune Rader
    Strike-force Captain
    StaimB said:
    For players and defense a good idea but it doesn't match with the loyality-thing.

The Loyality-bonus is for the loyality to one of the factions. 

For example: If you would take the American Marine, the Russian Tanks and the Airforce from a 3rd side - would that be loyality for one side? ... ;) 

Well we display that loyalty by having the CC of that faction and their symbol above our units , but I pose to you why do we have to attack in the faction tracks using only the faction units of the same faction that we are attacking?  Should we not be using other faction units not the same one?

In answer to your question there is a number of country's that use muti units and tactics from different supplier's as they look for the best that they can get and afford or are able to disassemble and reconstruct for their own use.  This has been happening ever sense man started fighting.         
  • nametagg0
    nametagg0
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 3,420

probably because the buffs themselves arnt easy to give a % effectiveness.

i like the loyalty idea though, could give each a uniqie loyalty bonus on top of a faction trait (i would guess a speed buff for survivors, stealth or drones across the board for corpus, and a damage resistance for sentinels.)

Image result for free to play vs pay to win gif

"the optimist looks up and loses his footing.
      the pessimist looks down and loses the path
      the strategist looks forward and adjusts accordingly" 
  • ARCTIC SWAGG
    ARCTIC SWAGG
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 420
    We shouldn't be able to choose Sentinel faction as our faction of choice and recieve benefits from the other 2 factions.
  • Dune Rader
    Dune Rader
    Strike-force Captain
    We shouldn't be able to choose Sentinel faction as our faction of choice and recieve benefits from the other 2 factions.
    The loyalty is across all factions it is the only common buff they all have but you don't get it if you have mixed toons , that is why i looked at it.
  • NightMare_OBC
    NightMare_OBC
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 521
    The loyalty is across all factions it is the only common buff they all have but you don't get it if you have mixed toons , that is why i looked at it.
    loyalty is for the faction you choose why should other recieve it if your not loyal to those other two factions also if it an issues you can alway make squads of toons to try to get the make of it

• gobirdseagles
    gobirdseagles
    Master Tactician
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,237
    I have  had a problem with the whole faction progression of the game . If I have pledged my allegiance to one faction I should be able to use that faction in all faction closed battles not just the battles that specify my particular faction. If I want to attack a corpus closed base I need to have only corpus units I don't care for this style of play I want all my weapons I worked for available for all uses not just what Kixeye will allow me to use.