Seige bat 3 and 4 bugged

124»
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,310
    so wait is better to hold off on putting this on anything till its fixed or is it still put on just wait for them to fix it so it works cause it seems that battery makes big difference.
    Considering Kix creates targets and releases base weapons based off that 50% stat, anything less than that is basically ships made out of wet noodles.

• kixeyeuser_1387864116824_100007309512820
    kixeyeuser_1387864116824_100007309512820
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 1,894
    SIF said:
    so wait is better to hold off on putting this on anything till its fixed or is it still put on just wait for them to fix it so it works cause it seems that battery makes big difference.
    Considering Kix creates targets and releases base weapons based off that 50% stat, anything less than that is basically ships made out of wet noodles.
    well then take that as yes then thank you now then to mess around with my build bit and see if i can get it to fit without losing crap load stuff on it lol.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,953
    edited 15 Jan 2018, 1:59AM
    It is being looked into. I wouldn't expect a fix for it before the event ends though.
    I want to know what in the world happened to the coding in the first place that made the retrofits not apply to this particular family of items.   Like, what were people doing that altered this?  What lines did they alter or delete?  And, as always, why didn't they test the deploy before pushing it out?

Whoever Kixeye has doing the coding - and if memory serves it's a contractor - needs to get fired, and fast.  The last few years of work have been really bad in terms of coding and bugs, and the last six months, in particular, have been somewhere south of that.
  • kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    kixeyeuser_1388600479319_1249361144
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 120
    edited 15 Jan 2018, 6:32AM
    Fry lock said:
    Fry lock said:
    Yes SB series is bugged. I have identical buccs built with sb4 and mx1... very noticeable difference in damage taken. Enormous difference over the course of this raid series. Lame. Again.
    Are you sure it's statistically significant? I have been paying attention and am less sure because there is a fair bit of single target damage that can happen. Not saying you're wrong, but pointing out some randomness can throw things off easily unless your sample size is very large.
    Chart done by one of the MODS no less...

I know that chart was correct, since I (sorta) know the methodology he used. I was referring to your more annecdotal comment which could have easily been caused by random factors unless repeated (and tracked) an awful lot.
    My sample size is large enough. Over 60 sets. Varied position of said ships. Identical to another ship except the turret def special. Results were ALWAYS the same... significantly more damage to the SB4 ship. This means every time the ship w/ sb4 took more damage regardless of position. That is not RNG.
  • Fry lock
    Fry lock
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,678
    Fry lock said:
    Fry lock said:
    Yes SB series is bugged. I have identical buccs built with sb4 and mx1... very noticeable difference in damage taken. Enormous difference over the course of this raid series. Lame. Again.
    Are you sure it's statistically significant? I have been paying attention and am less sure because there is a fair bit of single target damage that can happen. Not saying you're wrong, but pointing out some randomness can throw things off easily unless your sample size is very large.
    Chart done by one of the MODS no less...

I know that chart was correct, since I (sorta) know the methodology he used. I was referring to your more annecdotal comment which could have easily been caused by random factors unless repeated (and tracked) an awful lot.
    My sample size is large enough. Over 60 sets. Varied position of said ships. Identical to another ship except the turret def special. Results were ALWAYS the same... significantly more damage to the SB4 ship. This means every time the ship w/ sb4 took more damage regardless of position. That is not RNG.
    I tried similar test and got far too inconsistent results to determine anything conclusive. Again, I'm not disagreeing with the conclusions but there are targetted weapons in many of the encounters that can do far more damage to one (randomly picked) ship than the others and throws off the results unless you have a way to control for that.
  • Davo the Twisted
    Davo the Twisted
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 337
    Definitely bugged. I started tracking damage for each of my 4 buccaneers. All the same except for 1 ship with FLCM and 3 with SB4. Though the actual damage may have varied, the ratios ship to ship remained almost perfectly consistent. Well within the margin of RNG. I was actually pleased with how consistent the targets performed. [They were overtuned, but at least they were consistent in their performance] SB is clearly bugged.

To be safe, I'm using Garrison Battery or FLCM on future builds. [unless Kix compensates us for the SB, I won't have SY time to change current boats] Better to lose some dps than survivability. I won't go back until after I'm able to personally test SB again. 
  • sgmeyer1
    sgmeyer1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 488
    edited 15 Jan 2018, 7:13PM

@Davo the Twisted said:
    Definitely bugged. I started tracking damage for each of my 4 buccaneers. All the same except for 1 ship with FLCM and 3 with SB4. Though the actual damage may have varied, the ratios ship to ship remained almost perfectly consistent. Well within the margin of RNG. I was actually pleased with how consistent the targets performed. [They were overtuned, but at least they were consistent in their performance] SB is clearly bugged.

To be safe, I'm using Garrison Battery or FLCM on future builds. [unless Kix compensates us for the SB, I won't have SY time to change current boats] Better to lose some dps than survivability. I won't go back until after I'm able to personally test SB again. 

I won't go back ever. There has never been a bug or glitch that has never came back at some point.

This will return....

• Corp_Hellrazor
    Corp_Hellrazor
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,465
    Now that the event is over, I'm hoping we can get some kind of official response on this matter.

It is kind of important ya know. 

Just sayin'
  • maddad
    maddad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 447
    it would be nice to get a offical reply from kix to the retros not being applied to seige battery
    or least an update on what is going to be done about it @CM Rampage
  • Piratekiller_BOB
    Piratekiller_BOB
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 512
    edited 15 Jan 2018, 9:08PM
    Customer service says we are making this up! And that the development team say's they can not see anything wrong with Siege battery's. ! I for one will not be coining anymore! I hate when customer services makes us players out to be liars! They also want a video showing this! Give me the coin or build tokens to do the **** video and I will!
  • Digits_Brigade
    Digits_Brigade
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 458
    Just got a reply from Kixeye on my ticket.  After "extensive" testing they say they can't replicate the issue, and that the specials are working like they should.  I guess the game team who worked extensively on the testing is probably the one who designed the event.  Go figure.  So it's just my imagination that my 3 Bucs with Siege Targeting 4 have taken much more damage during this entire event, than my one Buc with Frontline Countermeasure Sys.  I guess they think we are all lying.
  • GrOuch0
    GrOuch0
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 5
    1 of my alliance members noticed this bug during the raid. he had 4 Buccs all built the same way except that 1 had FCS on it. He showed me his fleet in a raid target and the ship with FCS on had a lot less damage than the buccs with siege battery 4 on. It was really easy to see the difference in the damage between both builds.
  • Digits_Brigade
    Digits_Brigade
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 458
    GrOuch0 said:
    1 of my alliance members noticed this bug during the raid. he had 4 Buccs all built the same way except that 1 had FCS on it. He showed me his fleet in a raid target and the ship with FCS on had a lot less damage than the buccs with siege battery 4 on. It was really easy to see the difference in the damage between both builds.
    That is EXACTLY what happened to me and what was on my ticket to Kixeye.  Which they say is wrong.  Guess which boat had FCS.

• BANZAI_Bill
    BANZAI_Bill
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 584
    personally, I see the omega weapons as an "easy" button for those who don't know how to build a proper base... just like the scourge web surfacing subs after its dead..

Both aren't really needed ...
  • Thomas Higgs
    Thomas Higgs
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 583
    when kix give us "silence" on an issue what they are saying to each other is "how many people do you think will quit this time? Bets on the table.."
  • U C ME-RETIRED
    U C ME-RETIRED
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 602
    I sent them a ticket regarding the issue and i got the reply saying We have consulted with the Game Team and after a thorough investigation, we have verified the issue and the Game Team is currently looking into this matter. We request your Patience and understanding in the meanwhile. We hope to see a fix go live soon.
  • SIF
    SIF
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 1,310
    Customer service says we are making this up! And that the development team say's they can not see anything wrong with Siege battery's. ! I for one will not be coining anymore! I hate when customer services makes us players out to be liars! They also want a video showing this! Give me the coin or build tokens to do the **** video and I will!
    You are free to use mine if they find that acceptable. I made this one public for that reason.

• paul.m.strong
    paul.m.strong
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3

I'd really not doubt they're denying our claims.

• Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 3,986
    I'm starting to hear some responses from CS of acknowledgement. Maybe QA found something, it just takes some time to get to CS. I'd reply back to any response from CS until we get a clear understanding of what happened.

I would also expect Kix to understand the breadth of this issue and accordingly compensate. A player that did 100 S targets taking 33% more damage on 3 ships than they should have will have to be compensated accordingly, as well as any crews they used taken into account since their use was devalued due to the increase in damage sustained.
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • U C ME-RETIRED
    U C ME-RETIRED
    Strike-force Captain
    I'm starting to hear some responses from CS of acknowledgement. Maybe QA found something, it just takes some time to get to CS. I'd reply back to any response from CS until we get a clear understanding of what happened.

I would also expect Kix to understand the breadth of this issue and accordingly compensate. A player that did 100 S targets taking 33% more damage on 3 ships than they should have will have to be compensated accordingly, as well as any crews they used taken into account since their use was devalued due to the increase in damage sustained.
    I got the same reply as well no compensation now the raid is over fixing it now wont save my coins spent hope they fix it before any further event
  • stephenl90
    stephenl90
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 718
    What gets me about such problems and queries is that everyone has their own interpretation of whats wrong, they all have replies to tickets that differ. Why o why do Kixeye not give their spin on the problem and then all this toing and froing would stop. Even if it said " working as intended".
  • Fry lock
    Fry lock

If people would stop trying to get free gold out of the issue maybe we'd get clearer/better response from Kixeye and a quicker fix, Not sure this compensation worthy as it affects everybody, but it does need to be addressed ASAP.
  • U C ME-RETIRED
    U C ME-RETIRED
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 16 Jan 2018, 11:52AM
    Fry lock said:

If people would stop trying to get free gold out of the issue maybe we'd get clearer/better response from Kixeye and a quicker fix, Not sure this compensation worthy as it affects everybody, but it does need to be addressed ASAP.
    There wont be any compensation if so they would have given them in points to all players but now it doesn't matter just stating they would have done it before raid as some people were querying about this bug before raid
  • Jontork
    Jontork
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 349
    So, this issue with Siege batt 4 is still not fixed?  Can we have some sort official post because I'm building new ships and need guidance as how to proceed?????????      Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Kix?
  • paul.m.strong
    paul.m.strong
    Greenhorn
    Jontork said:
    So, this issue with Siege batt 4 is still not fixed?  Can we have some sort official post because I'm building new ships and need guidance as how to proceed?????????      Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Kix?

Simple answer is to avoid the sb3/4 altogether and use the garrison batt
  • paul.m.strong
    paul.m.strong
    Greenhorn
    Jontork said:

• Fry lock
    Fry lock
    Jontork said:

Thats not so simple an answer, since if the bug is fixed Siege 4 is better, and that's especially true if you already have siege 4 on your boats. Are you going to refit from 4 back to 3, only the find they have fixed the bug and then go back to 4? That's probably 3-4 days of shipyard time per boat there that I doubt you will get any compensation for.  This really needs some sort of answer at least about what Kixeye are thinking....
124»