Official Release Notes Discussion Thread

2»
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,639


    To answer some questions:
    - There is not any new tech planned for January. January will just cover the tech we've released in the AXIS Season and will be a month of folks getting a chance to gear up for T7, which starts in February. Any 'new content' I foresee being added there is any December content we never got a chance to offer in a December event or activity, which is a possibility. 
    - The January monthly event will include current fleets, not old fleets. It will also feature the new AXIS Turncoat fleet.
    - Solar Shards are not crafting materials. They are one of the types of event points specific to Alliance War. This will be detailed in the Alliance War briefing next week.
    - I'm not sure what's included in the Daily Login gifts but if the hope for non-expiry gifts is referring to tokens - those will still include an expiry time as always. Remember these are gifts that we hope benefit players, but if you are unable to use them then you're not losing out on anything.
    - When the News Feed is enabled there will be a transitional period where announcements go up in both places but once all the wheels are spinning on that feature, no more game announcement posts will go up via the forums. Only community announcement posts.
    - Will release more details on the Supply Runs next week, since the new ones don't start running until the 18th.
    WC:RA/VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,639

    "Unable to use them then you're not loosing out on anything" you just countered the point of benefitting by saying that. Tokens really dont need a expiration date, battle pirates did the token system better than vega.

    Battle Pirates team also let us know how much trouble was caused for them by not adding an expiry date, which was confirmed by several other non-KIXEYE dev studios we talked to about features like this.
    WC:RA/VC Community Manager
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,613

    @CM Chris said:
    Nightmare Deathlock said:

    "Unable to use them then you're not loosing out on anything" you just countered the point of benefitting by saying that. Tokens really dont need a expiration date, battle pirates did the token system better than vega.

    Battle Pirates team also let us know how much trouble was caused for them by not adding an expiry date, which was confirmed by several other non-KIXEYE dev studios we talked to about features like this.

    But is it worth the trouble for happier players? I dont see anyone complainint about tokens on the bp forums, didnt see much of it at the time it launched either. Yet here its one of many things we the players want changed. Over on bp it seems to work fine, even if the devs had trouble getting it implemented. Also plenty of games have non expiring token systems

    born in sector 1100

    alliance: LORD (VC only)

    VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

    BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

    WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...

  • VinayJ
    VinayJ
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 28

    @CM Chris said:
    Nightmare Deathlock said:

    "Unable to use them then you're not loosing out on anything" you just countered the point of benefitting by saying that. Tokens really dont need a expiration date, battle pirates did the token system better than vega.

    Battle Pirates team also let us know how much trouble was caused for them by not adding an expiry date, which was confirmed by several other non-KIXEYE dev studios we talked to about features like this.

    But is it worth the trouble for happier players? I dont see anyone complainint about tokens on the bp forums, didnt see much of it at the time it launched either. Yet here its one of many things we the players want changed. Over on bp it seems to work fine, even if the devs had trouble getting it implemented. Also plenty of games have non expiring token systems

    He said trouble not complaints.. so it could be loss of income to the team by not including a expiry as players would stack on it and value to coin goes down and no income for company.. everything is related which no organisation would openly talk about.. it's a internal matter..

    But they could change a little script and make a change on different time tokens work.. like tokens won from riots not having a expiry.. tokens given as gifts not having a expiry.. since both riot won tokens and gifts are rare, players will never stack them.. they always get tempted to spend them.. or may be double the expiry times? Just a little tought
  • Nightmare Deathlock
    Nightmare Deathlock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,613

    @VinayJ said:
    Nightmare Deathlock said:

    @CM Chris said:

    Nightmare Deathlock said:

    "Unable to use them then you're not loosing out on anything" you just countered the point of benefitting by saying that. Tokens really dont need a expiration date, battle pirates did the token system better than vega.
    

    Battle Pirates team also let us know how much trouble was caused for them by not adding an expiry date, which was confirmed by several other non-KIXEYE dev studios we talked to about features like this.

    But is it worth the trouble for happier players? I dont see anyone complainint about tokens on the bp forums, didnt see much of it at the time it launched either. Yet here its one of many things we the players want changed. Over on bp it seems to work fine, even if the devs had trouble getting it implemented. Also plenty of games have non expiring token systems

    He said trouble not complaints.. so it could be loss of income to the team by not including a expiry as players would stack on it and value to coin goes down and no income for company.. everything is related which no organisation would openly talk about.. it's a internal matter..

    But they could change a little script and make a change on different time tokens work.. like tokens won from riots not having a expiry.. tokens given as gifts not having a expiry.. since both riot won tokens and gifts are rare, players will never stack them.. they always get tempted to spend them.. or may be double the expiry times? Just a little tought

    Dude income isnt even a valid argument when another game of theres runs perfectly fine with it. They put a limit to amount you can hold, but no expiration.

    born in sector 1100

    alliance: LORD (VC only)

    VC: lv42 base (only game worth playing) likes to mess with noobs. loves being an insector (who doesnt? lol)

    BP: lv46 base (i think) retired

    WC: lv14 base (i think) hate this game...

  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,686
    How will we be getting paladin crafting materials in the future?
    crafting supply runs..... after about 18 months they are finally giving us the COMMANDER supply run fleets

    @Criminal Phillip BV said:
    Master of Warring said:

    How will we be getting paladin crafting materials in the future?

    crafting supply runs..... after about 18 months they are finally giving us the COMMANDER supply run fleets

    Warring go look at the new calender lol

    Oh, lol, I didn't notice that when I looked at it before.  :D  About **** time.
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • kamikaze_xyz
    kamikaze_xyz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 430

    time tokens expiry date is important.
    it is not for game. it for RMT(real money trade) issue.

    almost japanese apps in-game item(and/or tokens) has expiry date.

    but.... tooooooo short expiry date in VC!! lol

    http://i.imgur.com/QYnxhWI.gif
  • Simon_Po
    Simon_Po
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 107
    CM Chris said:

    "Unable to use them then you're not loosing out on anything" you just countered the point of benefitting by saying that. Tokens really dont need a expiration date, battle pirates did the token system better than vega.

    Battle Pirates team also let us know how much trouble was caused for them by not adding an expiry date, which was confirmed by several other non-KIXEYE dev studios we talked to about features like this.
    so what were the trouble caused?
    I can only think about player that had huge amounts of token in stock and were able to use the token en mass.

    not that i talk to other dev studios, but with a bit creativity there are other ways to limit such effects.
    you categorize the token by faction (for build) or refit or module upgrade.
    if a player is allowed to stock only a certain amount of token categorie and type (12h, 8h and so on), i can not imagine any risk here.
    lets say anybody can only stock 2 or 3 token per categorie and type, without a time limit...i think most player would be happy.
    at least we would have a chance of using i.e. a refit token thats gifted right after a build bonus (when everybody with something between his ears starts a build, which takes some days by your design).

    i think the whole build/refit time, bonus and token thing is way over complicated and hard to maintain or balance...you could just reduce the build/refit times for everybody.
    Or let us build credits in arms and tech lab, which are unused by a lot of players (would reduce refit time, not build time; but this would just benefit the old players, again)
    but if you stay on that token path...please make sure that everybody who got a token is able to use it.
  • VinayJ
    VinayJ
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 28

    @VinayJ said:
    Nightmare Deathlock said:

    @CM Chris said:

    Nightmare Deathlock said:

    "Unable to use them then you're not loosing out on anything" you just countered the point of benefitting by saying that. Tokens really dont need a expiration date, battle pirates did the token system better than vega.
    

    Battle Pirates team also let us know how much trouble was caused for them by not adding an expiry date, which was confirmed by several other non-KIXEYE dev studios we talked to about features like this.

    But is it worth the trouble for happier players? I dont see anyone complainint about tokens on the bp forums, didnt see much of it at the time it launched either. Yet here its one of many things we the players want changed. Over on bp it seems to work fine, even if the devs had trouble getting it implemented. Also plenty of games have non expiring token systems

    He said trouble not complaints.. so it could be loss of income to the team by not including a expiry as players would stack on it and value to coin goes down and no income for company.. everything is related which no organisation would openly talk about.. it's a internal matter..

    But they could change a little script and make a change on different time tokens work.. like tokens won from riots not having a expiry.. tokens given as gifts not having a expiry.. since both riot won tokens and gifts are rare, players will never stack them.. they always get tempted to spend them.. or may be double the expiry times? Just a little tought

    Dude income isnt even a valid argument when another game of theres runs perfectly fine with it. They put a limit to amount you can hold, but no expiration.

    Oh! Then limit thing should work instead of expiry.. but anyway it's kixeye :wink:
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 476

    Apple update taking its **** time again!

  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,460
    I don't see how being able to stockpile tokens would make any difference. Kixeye controls when and how many tokens are released, whether you use them one at a time or all at once, how is it different? They could always put a limit on how many tokens you can stock pile. 

    Sure it might be about the coins, but I can't help but wonder if there isn't some technical behind the scenes game management issue or other such something that players would never see, think about, or care about. I'd love to see an explanation just for my own curiosity. 
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 756
    I don't see how being able to stockpile tokens would make any difference. Kixeye controls when and how many tokens are released, whether you use them one at a time or all at once, how is it different? They could always put a limit on how many tokens you can stock pile. 

    Sure it might be about the coins, but I can't help but wonder if there isn't some technical behind the scenes game management issue or other such something that players would never see, think about, or care about. I'd love to see an explanation just for my own curiosity. 
    I don't care what their explanation is, as long as I have it. Having the reason is better than speculating.
  • Gary Pollock
    Gary Pollock
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 476

    @cm chris is there an update coming for ios from downtime this weds gone?

  • Willyster
    Willyster
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 86
    I have ONE question.

    Pierian Fuel.
    It states that the Pierian Fuel applies to Missiles and Torpedoes. Does that mean it applies to the Xeno Variants of the Tier 6 and Tier 6.5 weapons?

    What do I mean?

    Since the Pierian Fuel will affect the following weapons: Cluster Missile/Heavy Cluster Missile, Seeker Missile/Heavy Seeker Missile, Bombardment Torpedo/Heavy Bombardment Torpedo, Redeemer Missile/Heavy Redeemer Missile...

    Does that mean it also applies to their Xeno Variants; Xeno Cluster Missile, Xeno Seeker Missile, Xeno Bombardment Torpedo, Xeno Redeemer Missile...?

    Please explain...

    I want CM Chris to respond :tongue:

    However, I do not mind if Moderators respond on his behalf.

    END OF TRANSMISSION

    DEVASTATED DUNCAN IDAHO

    This is not the last of me, KIXEYE. You WILL get what you DESERVE.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,598
    edited 9 Dec 2017, 1:46PM
    Willyster said:
    I have ONE question.

    Pierian Fuel.
    It states that the Pierian Fuel applies to Missiles and Torpedoes. Does that mean it applies to the Xeno Variants of the Tier 6 and Tier 6.5 weapons?

    What do I mean?

    Since the Pierian Fuel will affect the following weapons: Cluster Missile/Heavy Cluster Missile, Seeker Missile/Heavy Seeker Missile, Bombardment Torpedo/Heavy Bombardment Torpedo, Redeemer Missile/Heavy Redeemer Missile...

    Does that mean it also applies to their Xeno Variants; Xeno Cluster Missile, Xeno Seeker Missile, Xeno Bombardment Torpedo, Xeno Redeemer Missile...?

    Please explain...

    I want CM Chris to respond :tongue:

    However, I do not mind if Moderators respond on his behalf.

    END OF TRANSMISSION

    DEVASTATED DUNCAN IDAHO

    Yes. There is no damage type lock for this special.
    Alien Target Infographs: http://tinyurl.com/y8mjea5h
    Show of Mod Powers: http://gph.is/2ucUEogimage
  • DaFknLecn
    DaFknLecn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 120
    I like that kixeye does not stop pushing events down our throats and is closing sectors pretending all is fine and dandy gives a wave of information BUT THE MOST ESSENTIAL ABOUT ALLIANCE WAR OR HOW WE CAN PREPARE. 
  • KTA 54
    KTA 54
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 250

    @Willyster said:
    I have ONE question.

    Pierian Fuel.
    It states that the Pierian Fuel applies to Missiles and Torpedoes. Does that mean it applies to the Xeno Variants of the Tier 6 and Tier 6.5 weapons?

    What do I mean?

    Since the Pierian Fuel will affect the following weapons: Cluster Missile/Heavy Cluster Missile, Seeker Missile/Heavy Seeker Missile, Bombardment Torpedo/Heavy Bombardment Torpedo, Redeemer Missile/Heavy Redeemer Missile...

    Does that mean it also applies to their Xeno Variants; Xeno Cluster Missile, Xeno Seeker Missile, Xeno Bombardment Torpedo, Xeno Redeemer Missile...?

    Please explain...

    I want CM Chris to respond :tongue:

    However, I do not mind if Moderators respond on his behalf.

    END OF TRANSMISSION

    DEVASTATED DUNCAN IDAHO

    It's still faction and hull specific though

    go forth and take a walrus to the ****
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,289

    @DaFknLecn said:
    I like that kixeye does not stop pushing events down our throats and is closing sectors pretending all is fine and dandy gives a wave of information BUT THE MOST ESSENTIAL ABOUT ALLIANCE WAR OR HOW WE CAN PREPARE. 

    What is there to prepare for? It’s an alliance war. Get your fleets repaired. Make sure your ships are fit the way you want. If your alliance isn’t top 100, you won’t stand a chance, you probably won’t even make the board. If you’re not in anyway associated with ICU or IF... you won’t make the top 10.

    Eat a ****....
    -That is all-

    -Git Gud 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,289

    @KTA 54 said:

    @Willyster said:
    I have ONE question.

    Pierian Fuel.
    It states that the Pierian Fuel applies to Missiles and Torpedoes. Does that mean it applies to the Xeno Variants of the Tier 6 and Tier 6.5 weapons?

    What do I mean?

    Since the Pierian Fuel will affect the following weapons: Cluster Missile/Heavy Cluster Missile, Seeker Missile/Heavy Seeker Missile, Bombardment Torpedo/Heavy Bombardment Torpedo, Redeemer Missile/Heavy Redeemer Missile...

    Does that mean it also applies to their Xeno Variants; Xeno Cluster Missile, Xeno Seeker Missile, Xeno Bombardment Torpedo, Xeno Redeemer Missile...?

    Please explain...

    I want CM Chris to respond :tongue:

    However, I do not mind if Moderators respond on his behalf.

    END OF TRANSMISSION

    DEVASTATED DUNCAN IDAHO

    It's still faction and hull specific though

    Not what he asked about...

    -Git Gud 
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,107
    Revann said:

    @DaFknLecn said:
    I like that kixeye does not stop pushing events down our throats and is closing sectors pretending all is fine and dandy gives a wave of information BUT THE MOST ESSENTIAL ABOUT ALLIANCE WAR OR HOW WE CAN PREPARE. 

    What is there to prepare for? It’s an alliance war. Get your fleets repaired. Make sure your ships are fit the way you want. If your alliance isn’t top 100, you won’t stand a chance, you probably won’t even make the board. If you’re not in anyway associated with ICU or IF... you won’t make the top 10.

    Eat a ****....
    -That is all-

    quoted for truth...
    #Facts
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.