why close sectors?

GoodmanGroup
GoodmanGroup
Potential Threat
Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 53
I have Heard sector 4000 will be closed.
If this is true - what could possibly be the benefit from this?
  • Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 67

Money. Each group of sectors requires a server. Servers are expensive. Fewer sectors means fewer servers.

• Eric_D_01
    Eric_D_01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 53
    Five out of the eight servers will be closed, or earmarked for another project, for the reason Paul just mentioned. 
  • DazedNConfused
    DazedNConfused
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 128

The only sectors that will remain are 12k,1k and the beta sectors. Kix has begun shutting down servers due to them shutting down the game. Anyone still in the closed sectors will be forcibly relocated to the mega coining whales sitting in the beta sectors waiting for the forced relocate then they will have a field day coining and killing everyone. Then kix will shut down the game after that last bit of cash has been made

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020171/uploads/editor/bg/qvhy953qsyuv.png
  • Bolotoff
    Bolotoff
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 139
    Sectors shutting down = another sign of a dying game
    "The Rancor Battleship is one of the galaxy's most lethal hulls. Get 3 now for 9.99 USD + 600 FREE Gold!"
  • DazedNConfused
    DazedNConfused
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 128

Uh oh jail barred ****

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020171/uploads/editor/bg/qvhy953qsyuv.png
  • Eric_D_01
    Eric_D_01
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 53
    Bolotoff said:
    Sectors shutting down = another sign of a dying game

Kixeye is gathering all the lambs to slaughter, setting up a final feast for the whales before pulling the plug.   Once it's over, the wolves (whales) will attack and eat each other, the few that survive will get bored and leave.  
  • mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,148

Whales get bored of fighting whales, the games lack of population and sector consolidation is proof that the games community is in decline to the point kixeye themselves no longer pretend it isn't happening. Sad. With such actions, the teal concern for the community is one question.
    Given the games decline, any talent left on the Vega conflict team will be searching for something called job security, just like any other working class. Which means the quality of the game will suffer along with further starving off the games community, turning into more of a Hatfield's and McCoy's
    In other news, I just saved 15% on my cars insurance's

"Forged in the flames of the original 8k wars"
    "Participant in the Jova Crusades; the winning side"
    "I hate cargo fleets.  What else do you want me to say"
    "I attacked you because you stole my piece of cheesecake with cherry toppings."
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
    IGN: MasonD
    ~Condolences to all who share a similar name - there can only be one.
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,818
    edited 8 Dec 2017, 2:08PM
    Kixeye is condensing everyone so the Mega Coiners don't have to move around as much to get their meat (you).