There is no logical sense to this game

EliteRanger
EliteRanger
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 902

KIXEYE is running this game totally illogical.

The players say "hey kixeye, fleets take to long to build"
1. Logical response. Reduce build/redit/repair time by a certain %
2. KIXEYE response. Introduce a new shield that will increase your build or refit and repair time by over 25%. I didn't do the math but a fleet of guardians with that shield takes 2 days to repair. WHAT?But Our analytics say this is what the players want.
BUT THEY CLAIM TO HEAR US AND PLAYERS LEFT

The players say, "hey kixeye we notice that the event fleets have been buffed but the point payout has decreased. W-T-H
1. Logical response. Make the fleets easier or increase the point payout.
2. KIXEYE response. Event after event after event, the fleets get harder (which I am ok with) but the point payout continues to decrease. WHAT? But Our analytics say this is what the players want.
BUT THEY CLAIM TO HEAR US AND PLAYERS LEFT THE GAME.

The players have asked over and over, "hey kixeye slow, we don't have time to build our new ships (especially since build and refit times are astronomically long).
1. Logical response. Slow down a bit. Do the main event every other month.
2. KIXEYE response. FULL SPEED AHEAD. WARP 11. Introduce the Maurder faction NOW, right in the middle of the AXIS season. Our analytics say this is what the players want. WHAT? But Our analytics say this is what the players want.

• Kristo58
    Kristo58
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 26

KIXEYE is running this game totally illogical.

The players say "hey kixeye, fleets take to long to build"
    1. Logical response. Reduce build/redit/repair time by a certain %
    2. KIXEYE response. Introduce a new shield that will increase your build or refit and repair time by over 25%. I didn't do the math but a fleet of guardians with that shield takes 2 days to repair. WHAT?But Our analytics say this is what the players want.
    BUT THEY CLAIM TO HEAR US AND PLAYERS LEFT

The players say, "hey kixeye we notice that the event fleets have been buffed but the point payout has decreased. W-T-H
    1. Logical response. Make the fleets easier or increase the point payout.
    2. KIXEYE response. Event after event after event, the fleets get harder (which I am ok with) but the point payout continues to decrease. WHAT? But Our analytics say this is what the players want.

The players have asked over and over, "hey kixeye slow, we don't have time to build our new ships (especially since build and refit times are astronomically long).
    1. Logical response. Slow down a bit. Do the main event every other month.
    2. KIXEYE response. FULL SPEED AHEAD. WARP 11. Introduce the Maurder faction NOW, right in the middle of the AXIS season. Our analytics say this is what the players want. WHAT? But Our analytics say this is what the players want.

KIXEYE response ....... whaaaaaaaaaat game is best now .........................  lol :D :D :D 
  • Hlias Schumacher
    Hlias Schumacher
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 130

That post would be very funny if it wasnt true.

• khanibk
    khanibk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 184

This post is true and funny thing is that we are still playing

• RealGammaHawk
    RealGammaHawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 179
    khanibk said:

And that is the most illogical thing about it all :'(
  • AliciaV
    AliciaV
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1
    So you want the game nerved more and more? It never has been easier. Reapir and build time is Long, i agree but is it a Problem? lets make fleets after combat Auto repair in 5 sec. You have to think what you build and why you do it.
  • blackronin
    blackronin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 101
    The interesting thing is when Kixeye installed the analytics the tech decided to reverse the data flow graphics 180 deg of normal.  The sad part is no one at Kix has figured that out yet.

• RamWhite
    RamWhite
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 348

Kixlogic.

VEGA security: active.
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 690
    khanibk said:

And that is the most illogical thing about it all :'(
    Illogical perhaps, but true: while our friends are leaving, player numbers and activity dwindles, we love the game so much that we stick around and hope that Kixeye will change direction and improve the game. Hope is often highly illogical.
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,113
    Having an inflexible business plan that you can cover up with chapter 11 later is one of the advantages to being part of a privately owned, not publicly traded company.   As long as Harbin and Preese get their Bugatis they don't care.

Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • Simon_Po
    Simon_Po
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 108

You guys just didn't get the point of kixeye's business model.

It's about the few player that pay hundreds or thousands of $ per month. The so called whales, which don't even bother to look in this forum.
    The analytics is all about their playtime, when they coin and what they coin. If they are getting bored 2 weeks after the main event, because they got a maxed out fleet of that new ship...it's time for an other one, so marauders were brought in. It's just that simple...another reason to make the whales pay.

No one cares about the rest, the non or small coiners, as long as there are enough targets for the whales left. If the targets are frustrated and whine all the way, it's even better because some of the whales are enjoying it. Get used to it, we are just living content.

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,113
    Simon you missed my point.... 

Kixeye uses this model for every game they make.  They've already declared bankruptcy once.  They are heading that way again..  The guys at the top don't care because Bankruptcy takes away a company's liability to pay their losses.   

It's not about making the whales happy.  Kixeye doesn't even care about the whales.  They only worry about them when the money slows down. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of ****.
  • sf6don
    sf6don
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 125
    o wa wa wa

• Bolotoff
    Bolotoff
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 139
    The Marauder faction is a fail. The only use I could find for my Berserkers is cargo haulers. If I could scrap them for ore, I probably would.
    "The Rancor Battleship is one of the galaxy's most lethal hulls. Get 3 now for 9.99 USD + 600 FREE Gold!"
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 690
    edited 7 Dec 2017, 2:41AM
    Bolotoff said:
    The Marauder faction is a fail. The only use I could find for my Berserkers is cargo haulers. If I could scrap them for ore, I probably would.
    Check out the new void weapon special in the Reckoning event edit: my bad, in the upcoming Civil War... Marauders are due to get a boost. They'll still have no resistance and crap shields, but with the right weapons they'll outrange everything...

https://community.kixeye.com/discussion/719942

It's beyond annoying that they don't realise that the "whales" leave when there aren't enough targets...