a perspective on the current concerns about the possible demise of Vega Conflict

Zscapes
Zscapes
Greenhorn
Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 21

When thinking about current conversations - the possible demise of Vega Conflict - I can’t help but think that much of what is being said could perhaps be summed up as self-fulfilling prophesy.  

1) Of course the game needs revenue in order to continue.  So players forgoing purchases they might otherwise have made hurts the company and heighten the possibility of the end of the game.  

2) The constant bad mouthing of the game on the forum also negatively impacts the game as it discourages newer players from investing time and money into it. 

3) The other issue i think possible but since this is the only computer/video game i have ever played I am somewhat less sure of this - perhaps none of these games can actual last forever as player interest naturally eventually wanes.  i see this with my alliance i just today left: Oops Spacehunters.  We were once led by the egotistical deceitful opportunistic leader, Madgunner.  He was good for the alliance since it is after all a war-game and Spacehunters was quite formidable under his leadership.  Well, he eventually got bored, becoming more enamored with Breitbart and then Dragons and left Vega Conflict and has since been steadily trolling the alliance to peel off members to convert to his new interests. Today he again chimed in to deliver the fatal blow.  Scared alliance members of course given the current climate certainly were more receptive.  

I say all of this to make the points that if you no longer enjoy the game by all means move on.  but do it gracefully.  allow the rest of us to continue to enjoy it.  and beware of the trolls who have left and out of bitterness are chiming in hoping to assist in destroying it.  

• karthik Gopalan
    karthik Gopalan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 309
    Counterpoints

1) People want to spend there money where they are respected and listened to.  People in general dont spend money where the opposite occurs.  Would you want to spend $100 on someone that gives you a bad haircut or $20 for someone who does a good job, engages in smalltalk and throws in a free shave?

2) I consider the bad mouthing a warning to new players that their money would be better spent somewhere else.  We tried being polite but when your treated as a dollar/data point on a graph and not as human there is no reason not to mirror that info back to others that kixeye would want to suck in (ie new players).

3 I somewhat agree having played several online games that there is a bit of a decline even in the more popular games over time.  Again though how the players are treated by the company can shorten the lifespan of a game (such as Vega)  Will some people take advantage of people in a game?  Yes.  But in this case again its the actions of the company more that the people in game who are damaging things overall.

As to leaving gracefully?  That is a individuals choice but considering that Kixeye has basically done psych ops on the players most have left with relative calm.  The lawsuits or death threats so far have been zero and Kixeye has proven the written word has little effect on them.  So even a four letter mean mouthed f you note would not have effect.  So your graceful leaving really has no validity because all it does is provide valadation on a company who should be condemned on its business practices.

But anyhow sir enjoy whats left of the game as Kixeye turns up the blender to get the last coin pieces from the rodeo. 
    Further counters: 

1) It all depends on how the haircut as been sold. Let's be honest. There is no space game that comes even close to VC. It's free to play expensive to really play. This is a unique haircut. No other barber has it. 

2) Sorry don't buy into that argument. I have been playing this game for three years. Been on the forums for the same time. It has always been nasty in here. Always. Even when things were "FINE" before the great grand re balance. Be it to the noobs or people with suggestions, nastiness just flows. It is just a game. As you sow, so you reap. 

3) Every game has a life span. Loosing interest is natural. After like 4 years I have begun to loose interest in COC. Just can't be bothered. 

Leaving gracefully is just being human. You can either choose to be nasty or leave gracefully. No matter how you feel, there is always a succinct way of putting it across. No nastiness needed.  

• Zscapes
    Zscapes
    Greenhorn
    blackronin, all your points are valid.  but i don't think things are black and white as you present.  i think a lot of money spent on this game is a bad deal for many for not for all. of course, the company is going to try to make as much money as possible but if they see a way to continue to make money in the long term i doubt they would deliberately choose to destroy the game with suicidal short term actions.  i don't think that players always getting the company to make the changes they demands means the company isn't listening. And i also don't think all the **** and bad mouthing the games is being done in order to benefit new players.  it strikes me as mostly sour grapes
  • SkyNet_600
    SkyNet_600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 630
    this its just marketing game is getting more and more expensive so only the ones that can pay for it play
    everything else is irrelevant
     that been said this game belongs to Kixeye no matter how many coins you buy it will remain theirs to do what they please...

you spend money on a pixel them think you have some kind of right? please see the TOS just in case you missed something

another point from the 1% of players that read this only 1% post or reply so you think ANY post here will appear anywere on the desk of the guys that decide? really?

thank you for you time reading this
  • charger69
    charger69
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 381

I am the current leader of Spacehunters, due to my poor health I have not been as active as I normally am. Hospitals have lousy broadband.

Most players have stayed around because of the community, friends and fellow players they have created relationships with. Some have stayed because of the monetary investment they have put into this game or even a hope things will change.

We as players, officers and leaders see this game has a limited life now and because of this many have left the game. The exodus has dwindled the main reason many have stayed, the community. Now the community is elsewhere and those games are getting bulks of players from Vega.

What is leaving gracefully? Those players that left simply want their friends to join them in the new game, is that wrong? In the end, we all want that.

I am here till the end, either of my life or this games. Since I have already died once, I don't hold a lot of hope for this game to be resuscitated since it is on life support right now.

I do want to say thanks to the community and for all the sincere and genuine interest in my fight.

• billybifocals
    billybifocals
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 733

@SkyNet_600 said:
    this its just marketing game is getting more and more expensive so only the ones that can pay for it play
     that been said this game belongs to Kixeye no matter how many coins you buy it will remain theirs to do what they please...

you spend money on a pixel them think you have some kind of right? please see the TOS just in case you missed something

another point from the 1% of players that read this only 1% post or reply so you think ANY post here will appear anywere on the desk of the guys that decide? really?

Where are you pulling 1% from? You dont even know how many actual Vega players there are across all platforms, nobody does. "Players Online" isnt an indication of the actual Vega players only...

• BatteryChucker
    BatteryChucker
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 434

@SkyNet_600 said:

Where are you pulling 1% from? You dont even know how many actual Vega players there are across all platforms, nobody does. "Players Online" isnt an indication of the actual Vega players only...

Everyone knows that forums always constitute the vocal minority of the actual gaming community itself.
  • SkyNet_600
    SkyNet_600
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 630

@SkyNet_600 said:

that number is what kixeye posted on a video on youtube some time ago explaining how they do get " milk money" and how player feels

• DazedNConfused
    DazedNConfused
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 128

Shut up noob, kix has killed the game not us.

https://us.v-cdn.net/5020171/uploads/editor/bg/qvhy953qsyuv.png
  • Zscapes
    Zscapes
    Greenhorn
    if in fact comments on the forum come from a mere fraction of the player base, i think it is fair for the company to take that in account when deciding how responsive they ought to be that particular voice.  what i often see from the comments, something akin to the terrible twos most parents are familiar with.  the child throws a temper tantrum and if you indulge it eventually that child grows up to be a bully.  you see a lot that kind of behavior in this game and sadly it is reflected in the forum as well.  We want the game to be what we want the game to be, rather than accept that it can not always be.  So what are our options.  adapt, rant or leave.  which of those 3 we chose defines the type of person we are.  i recently purchased one of those deals where i got 4 built Exterminators.  i needed them for the current meta.  But before i could fit them - within days of purchasing them Kixeye released the Liberator and the eclipse, a much better destroyer combo than the Exterminator Shatter. My thinking when i bought the Exterminators was it would help me reach my goal of becoming king of the hill.  oh, well so much for that.  But i certainly don't think its kixeye's responsibility to enable my ego.  i wonder how we feel when we've just drop a ton of money to purchase of a new car and the next year the new model comes out and its so much better.  do we say no fair how dare you! my Exterminators are still good destroyers just no longer the best destroyers.  i agree with the comment we don't own this game we play it and if we don't like it can we stop playing it.  But my parents didn't indulge my temper tantrum so i'm not thinking as an **** that i want to try to bully company into giving me what i want.  When i feel the need to behave childishly about things not going my way then i know its time for me to leave.  To Charger who asked what leaving gracefully means, it's that.  And one more shout out to Charger:  your allowing our game chat to become a vehicle for pop-up ad opportunities for other games is why i left.   
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,818
    Kixeye built a game where they use frustration, annoyance, and coercion to encourage people to spend money. Of course there is going to be a lot of negative opinions voiced about this. It's what their business model says needs to happen- if everyone was happy they wouldn't feel that they have to pay money into the game to avoid being annoyed and frustrated.

With that in mind- Kixeye owns the responsibility for their customer relationship management- no that doen't mean they are solely to blame for individual players throwing hissy fits on the forums- but they are to blame for enabling, encouraging, and ultimately, failing to effectively manage this toxic relationship that they have sowed the seeds for. When you create an environment that fosters that kind of behavior, don't be surprised when it happens, and be prepared to deal with it.
  • Demopans
    Demopans
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 45

Considering that all but 3 servers are closing would indicate kix doesn't consider VC to be a very profitable game compared to BP or WC.