Official Reckoning Event Discussion

• Wfang71
    Wfang71
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 165
    Over 10 million points worth of new stuff. Even if the fleets are super easy, this is a **** of a grind. Why can't you space it out and slow it down?
    i agree it's a lot, however . .knowing all that will be available in almost every alien event for the next few months at the very least

just get what you KNOW you'll be using in the near future and get the remaining later 

speaking for myself, i'll be rather busy so i cant farm it all this event, so i'm gonna get the hull, propbably some tech with it too(but definitally not all of it), and build the hull empty (or with what i already got) and wait for next week's event to get the rest of the stuff i will need 
    I'm just a veteran who wants to pay his rent instead of buy coins XD 
  • Funky Baron
    Funky Baron
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 69

I just want to know what I'll be up against with the new fleets.

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,955

That is the MILLION COIN question..... highly doubt we will ever get an answer
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,449

We will, when its far too late to restructure our fleets to face it.
  • Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,955

We will, when its far too late to restructure our fleets to face it.
    with REFIT times we would need the video 2-3 weeks ahead, to be able to restructure our fleets

personally i am going with a mixture of ENERGY, ALIEN and Projectile weapons on my Cruisers and Battleships
  • Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2017 Posts: 66

Ridiculous having a thread to discuss strategy when we have no idea what the new fleets will look like. Clearly Kix doesnt care. They dont even have a full staff working on this game anymore.

• blackronin
    blackronin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 101
    Now or in the future.
  • dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,460

Ridiculous having a thread to discuss strategy when we have no idea what the new fleets will look like. Clearly Kix doesnt care. They dont even have a full staff working on this game anymore.

Historically, as in prior to xeno season, these strategy threads were a place to post and discuss strategies players found after the event started... back when we had very little to go on of what to expect for the event fleet. Kind of like this event. 

Wfang71 said:
    Over 10 million points worth of new stuff. Even if the fleets are super easy, this is a **** of a grind. Why can't you space it out and slow it down?
    i agree it's a lot, however . .knowing all that will be available in almost every alien event for the next few months at the very least

just get what you KNOW you'll be using in the near future and get the remaining later 

speaking for myself, i'll be rather busy so i cant farm it all this event, so i'm gonna get the hull, propbably some tech with it too(but definitally not all of it), and build the hull empty (or with what i already got) and wait for next week's event to get the rest of the stuff i will need 
    This is excellent advise. Making the new tech available in subsequent events is probably one of the best changes to the game compared to the game a year ago. 
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • XxGEEWHIZZxX
    XxGEEWHIZZxX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 193

So why the **** is there less than 100% chance of bp piece from 70 renegades bullshit crap

• RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 839

So why the **** is there less than 100% chance of bp piece from 70 renegades bullshit crap

fro9m the sound of it it contradicts what they are saying first you get a blueprnt from them, but then you have less than 100% chance meaning you dont get it..........................maybe
  • RealGammaHawk
    RealGammaHawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 178
    So skip the marauder crap. You don't see anyone using them for anything other than cargo haulers anyway.
  • OnionD
    OnionD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 239

Can we get at least a little description on what the axis renegades are like? Or are they so op that youre embarressed to show?

• SEAL Corps1
    SEAL Corps1
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,239
    edited 6 Dec 2017, 7:03PM

fro9m the sound of it it contradicts what they are saying first you get a blueprnt from them, but then you have less than 100% chance meaning you dont get it..........................maybe
    I see it as the BP table, the drops of the XF RM are not guaranteed. You can hit the L70 AXIS Renegades for ease of access to the XF RM pieces, but the drops are not 100%. Because of this, they want to encourage people to hit the L80+ AXIS Renegade fleet, which have guaranteed XF RM drops.
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned.

VC News Hub Discord Server: https://discord.gg/Ewvt3zY
  • annubis547
    annubis547
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 134

Wait so that was true about the drop of the XF RM? I thought that was a wind up. Talk about a stupid idea and trying to force players to hit new targets

• helloworldwhataday
    helloworldwhataday
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 72

Mmmmm less than 100% got me thinking about the bottom sector(s) are closing very very informative:)

• Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Potential Threat

Yep just more bogus half answers from Chris cause sorry he is working on another kix game they actually care about. Less than 100% could be 90% or it could be 1%.

• Abraham Haniff
    Abraham Haniff
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 14
    What no youtube video previewing the event so we can at least get a glimpse of the kind of fleets we will be dealing with?
  • Mateoski
    Mateoski
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 82

Yep just more bogus half answers from Chris cause sorry he is working on another kix game they actually care about. Less than 100% could be 90% or it could be 1%.

In a few years, that game is going to suffer the same fate as VC is currently right now.
  • onlyfuzzy
    onlyfuzzy
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 162

The tech spotlight and forum post for this event show the marauder class void twin beam 5. I don’t see it in game, will it be a RI or will we finally get some marauder weapon BP?

• Paul Welch
    Paul Welch
    Potential Threat

@Mateoski said:
    Paul Welch said:

In a few years, that game is going to suffer the same fate as VC is currently right now.

Yep absolutely that's why I won't ever play another kix game after VC. That's the thing kix doesnt understand. It isn't just about the profit for your current games but all future games. If you alienate the player base they won't play any future kix games.

• blackronin
    blackronin
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 101
    Nahh  .0001%

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,860

@onlyfuzzy said:
    The tech spotlight and forum post for this event show the marauder class void twin beam 5. I don’t see it in game, will it be a RI or will we finally get some marauder weapon BP?

It is an RI. The only marauder bps are the marauder hulls. Everything is RI.

Rebel Admiral, Head Intelligence Officer and Coordinator of Rebel forces.
    "Band together and prepare for war. This is Zero Hour!"

• Railunion
    Railunion
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 74

So what to discuss here if there's no information? So stupid..

• Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,598
    edited 7 Dec 2017, 2:10PM
    Railunion said:

Ask the people who have replied here. ;)

What was the point of that comment anyways if you have nothing to add to the discussion?
    Alien Target Infographs: http://tinyurl.com/y8mjea5h
    Show of Mod Powers: http://gph.is/2ucUEogimage
  • tweek11
    tweek11
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 9

@Cyrus Leung said:
    Railunion said:

That comment, I feel, is inappropriate and insensitive.

• GDIAX
    GDIAX
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 2,860
    The only official information we have on Reckoning's AXIS Renegade Fleets from CM Chris is they will be full of cutters. So I would advise bringing something that can counter those fast blockade runners.
    Rebel Admiral, Head Intelligence Officer and Coordinator of Rebel forces.
    "Band together and prepare for war. This is Zero Hour!"

• Venyto Camela
    Venyto Camela
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 119
    Railunion said:

What was the point of that comment anyways if you have nothing to add to the discussion?

What is stupid is trying to talk about an event, of which we have no information.

We dont have information about the composition / weapons / battlefield of the fleets that the players are going to have to face ... whatever the players can comment, it is totally "speculative and counterproductive" ... so to say, that a Comment is totally out of place to say, that it is stupid to discuss something that we do not have information, it is totally legitimate.
  • Cyrus Leung
    Cyrus Leung
    VC Mod
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 2,598
    edited 7 Dec 2017, 3:19PM
    Railunion said:

What is stupid is trying to talk about an event, of which we have no information.

We dont have information about the composition / weapons / battlefield of the fleets that the players are going to have to face ... whatever the players can comment, it is totally "speculative and counterproductive" ... so to say, that a Comment is totally out of place to say, that it is stupid to discuss something that we do not have information, it is totally legitimate.
    I don't think that speculation is "stupid" at all. It encourages thinking and has always been a part of the game.
    Alien Target Infographs: http://tinyurl.com/y8mjea5h
    Show of Mod Powers: http://gph.is/2ucUEogimage
  • Venyto Camela
    Venyto Camela
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 119
    According to the rules of the forum, starting / sharing any misinformation / speculation with the other players is not allowed, therefore "encourage imagination" is not allowed.