Discussion Thread: 12/5 Update Notes

13»
  • Dan Gibson
    Dan Gibson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 322
    Are expeditions available now? or not for a few weeks?

coming soon ..... as in just after the sun burns out

• GordM1
    GordM1
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 97
    Static said:
    Something's messed up with the shipyard.  Trying to refit Skyfire and weight in shipyard shows 8892.  Hit "refit", get SOS with an error saying the weight is 9247>9150 allowable.  Perhaps the shipyard level isn't getting applied correctly?
    Getting the same so cant refit any ships :( did you manage to overcome this Static?
  • Static
    Static
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2011 Posts: 78
    GordM1 said:
    Static said:
    Something's messed up with the shipyard.  Trying to refit Skyfire and weight in shipyard shows 8892.  Hit "refit", get SOS with an error saying the weight is 9247>9150 allowable.  Perhaps the shipyard level isn't getting applied correctly?
    Getting the same so cant refit any ships :( did you manage to overcome this Static?
    No, instead I started refitting a different ship that would be well below the weight limit.
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,228
    edited 6 Dec 2017, 4:55PM
    Static said:
    I'm getting the same bug with mega-module refitting, so it's not just regular ships either.
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• John Seymour
    John Seymour
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 592
    The update, like usual, must have broken the game again. The fm is not spawning any targets at all.
    The existence of the sea means the existence of pirates

Improvise, adapt, and overcome

Learn from your mistake

Accept nothing challenge everything

• myersey
    myersey
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 71
    edited 7 Dec 2017, 6:47PM
    first
    Where a

Pinned to the top of the forums,  and linked from the post you commented on...
    getting
  • myersey
    myersey
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 71
    edited 7 Dec 2017, 6:47PM
    oh well

• blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,397
    myersey said:
    first
    Where are the notes?

Pinned to the top of the forums,  and linked from the post you commented on...
    getting to be a real bunch of smart alecs eh?
    I guess they are finally getting tired of whiny children.
  • gary.hahn.10
    gary.hahn.10
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 35
    Ever since the update, getting player to join alliance is not working. Keeps recycling to message. Invites not going thru, jeez Kix can't anything work right!
  • Xcalubur
    Xcalubur
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,346
    FIX your GATEWAY mess on kixeye.com on forum and game. it is horror again over 1 hr. in FB works quite well.
    When you guys really take better hosting and servers ???????
    :pJust think simple: it is still just a game:p
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 771
    CM is still bugged in the FM. If your ships are facing away from the source of the projectile, CM will not fire. Turn 180 towards the source, and CM will fire again.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 10,303
    CM is still bugged in the FM. If your ships are facing away from the source of the projectile, CM will not fire. Turn 180 towards the source, and CM will fire again.
    Do you have anything to substantiate that claim? Because it looks like it works just fine to me.
  • kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 254
    Kix please add a " Dump Resources " option on the outside of our bases, make filling up with res easier, not having to enter every time we want to unload.
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 14,707
    edited 8 Dec 2017, 4:07PM
    Kix please add a " Dump Resources " option on the outside of our bases, make filling up with res easier, not having to enter every time we want to unload.
    This is from the "Winter 2017 State of the Game" pinned thread......  https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/719526

Expeditions Embarking Soon!

When we sat down to look at reducing the amount of time you spend gaining advanced resources (Uranium, Titanium, and Base Parts), we realized that the best way to reward expert players was not to ask them to do the same combat many times, but to give many results from the same single combat. We also wanted to remove repair from being a limiting factor on resource gain. Basically, we wanted to find a way to create “Resource Blitz” without requiring coin.

Enter Expeditions. Select one of the three resources. Then select a fleet to go get that resource. Then fight a single battle for that resource. Based on how well you do, a cycle time will be set for you to get that resource. Without any further action, your fleet will automatically go back and forth, collecting that resource (off map) and returning it on schedule.

Your Expedition fleet will continue to do this automatically: leaving for a set amount of time based on your combat performance in the target and then returning with the resource. The fleet will continue gathering that resource until you recall the fleet or an overall resource timer ends.

When the fleet is recalled or the overall timer ends it is available immediately and fully repaired for your use.

Players may choose to unlock more than one slot for each Expedition resource, embarking multiple fleets to gather resources. However, there is a catch -- each time a fleet drops off resources, the total amount of resource per trip decreases.

The goal is to give all players a basic, easy-to-understand system for automatically gaining resources, and also to give those of you who want a little more strategy and complexity the option of managing multiple fleets at once.

Look for a video and write-up on the forums explaining Expeditions and the strategies behind automated resource gathering.

• PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Strike-force Captain
    Do you have anything to substantiate that claim? Because it looks like it works just fine to me.
    The lone arc missile near the left-most cluster is where the problem is at. When my fleet is moving when the arc breaks into mirvs, it does not fire at any of the mirv projectiles. When my fleet is still, it functions as normal.

Sorry no vid right now, having technical difficulties. I hope this screenshot illustrates enough of my point.

You should be able to see the 6 mirvs about to hit my fleet. I'm running the 2-Zelos 3-Mono fleet which shoots down all projectiles (except from this one turret, under those specific circumstances). In case anyone is wondering, I do have FLCM on my Zelos.
  • Little_Dean
    Little_Dean
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 39
    Laredo said:
    This is from the "Winter 2017 State of the Game" pinned thread......  https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/719526

When we sat down to look at reducing the amount of time you spend gaining advanced resources (Uranium, Titanium, and Base Parts), we realized that the best way to reward expert players was not to ask them to do the same combat many times, but to give many results from the same single combat. We also wanted to remove repair from being a limiting factor on resource gain. Basically, we wanted to find a way to create “Resource Blitz” without requiring coin.

Enter Expeditions. Select one of the three resources. Then select a fleet to go get that resource. Then fight a single battle for that resource. Based on how well you do, a cycle time will be set for you to get that resource. Without any further action, your fleet will automatically go back and forth, collecting that resource (off map) and returning it on schedule.

Your Expedition fleet will continue to do this automatically: leaving for a set amount of time based on your combat performance in the target and then returning with the resource. The fleet will continue gathering that resource until you recall the fleet or an overall resource timer ends.

When the fleet is recalled or the overall timer ends it is available immediately and fully repaired for your use.

Players may choose to unlock more than one slot for each Expedition resource, embarking multiple fleets to gather resources. However, there is a catch -- each time a fleet drops off resources, the total amount of resource per trip decreases.

The goal is to give all players a basic, easy-to-understand system for automatically gaining resources, and also to give those of you who want a little more strategy and complexity the option of managing multiple fleets at once.

Look for a video and write-up on the forums explaining Expeditions and the strategies behind automated resource gathering.

So you are saying, the big guys, most likely the coiners will have yet another advantage over the average person who will still have to grind out needs supplies.

• kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 254
    Laredo said:

Got this. It mentions only uranium, titanium and base parts. I am talking about normal res.

• Hunter WI
    Hunter WI
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 46
    Is there a plan for non Hyperion owners to be able to manufacture VXP tokens in the future? Thanks
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Hunter WI said:
    Is there a plan for non Hyperion owners to be able to manufacture VXP tokens in the future? Thanks
    It was mentioned by GD Aruspex on one of the youtube shows that they were going to change it at some point in time. A date or time frame was not given though.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    The lone arc missile near the left-most cluster is where the problem is at. When my fleet is moving when the arc breaks into mirvs, it does not fire at any of the mirv projectiles. When my fleet is still, it functions as normal.

Sorry no vid right now, having technical difficulties. I hope this screenshot illustrates enough of my point.

You should be able to see the 6 mirvs about to hit my fleet. I'm running the 2-Zelos 3-Mono fleet which shoots down all projectiles (except from this one turret, under those specific circumstances). In case anyone is wondering, I do have FLCM on my Zelos.
    I passed it up, but I still cannot get it to recreate. Tried to do so in both the 111 and 115, and every Arc in the target.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Strike-force Captain

I passed it up, but I still cannot get it to recreate. Tried to do so in both the 111 and 115, and every Arc in the target.
    I appreciate it, Templar. Thanks for helping out.
  • John1975
    John1975
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 1,754

I have noticed this as well. Easy to see in 115 at the gate with the carriers. I come in to them from the bottom kill one on the right then move up and kill the one on left.  Killing the 2nd one if the fleet is not strait or exactly sideways all the UAV get through and lay waste to the fleet.  If fleet is exact sideways or mostly facing the carrier none get through ever. 

Sometimes fleet will stop when you hit arrow but will "spin" a little counter clock wise that little turn makes them  about 1/2 way between being exact sideways and facing away from carrier.  Every single time that happens UAV almost all get through.    

I use 2 mono and 3 CM Zellos tanks

To help visualize the pic above fleet sitting just how it is no picture carrier being at 3 OC  or 2OC   No UAV get through   Now picture carrier being at 4OC  5 OC 6 OC 7 OC 8OC all those points wont stop the UAVS they will hammer you with truck load of pain. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Altonator
    Altonator
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 1,810
    Take yah longer no damage to do weekly an rokk  . cause you don t get it  longer chores  goodbye goodbye
13»